98 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 48#48 funny-girl101's post

From the moment they did the "last time on Lipstick Jungle" type intro, I wasn't happy about the Nico and Griffin scenes, they were showing all those moments that they seemed to be getting closer. Then the scene with lunch...I am also a Nico and Kirby fan all the way! But, blech, who knows what'll happen since it's almost OVER =(

Episode 8

Well i finally decided to watch last week episode and i liked it which is strange but I'm glad they told the truth to victory. the surprise party analogy was nice  but i lover her response but surprise party was cancelled you should tell her. . the spa was nice.

Nico and Kirby  relationship is always in trouble buy land and kirby likes the city but nico want peace.

Victory realise that guy was hitting on her and it her i would of said yes . Talk about bad timing i got wonder guy was thinking when said i was going to yes

i don't blame Joel giving back Victory business that was right move he clearly can't work with her. but her reaction was sad to watch

Episode 9

Wow dropping the baby with Nico was funny i think the writer did the good thing see how she react and Kirby was good with the baby. Josie is cause trouble Wendy. but the dress victory was design what a surprise when she turned up. but at least she was sweet.  she was very good at dealing with Kelly.

Nico: who's max
Wendy: dog,dead

Her reaction was good ,  i really hope Shane doesn't cheat on Wendy.

Kirby was right calling child services but nico really like the baby

how exactly did Dara get back with victory?

This wasn't a bad episode but i have to admit this would been a  good episode end the series on :) but great clif-hanger i saw that coming a mile away think about she at home.

Reply 51#51 bala's post

I think Kirby acted like a real idiot this episode -- the reason Nico lied to him was because he was being totally unsupportive and immature. This is a real problem that Nico has to deal with now and she's having those unexpected feelings about wanting to keep Charlie, it's too bad Kirby's being a baby about it.

I wasn't a big fan of Dahlia but like her now that she's back -- I agree, the nicer side to her is much easier to like! Good for Victory with the dress too.

WEndy and a third baby? Is Shane having feelings or Josie and so he's trying to fix their marriage by having a baby, just like we learned Wendy's parents did with her? I hope he doesn't cheat on her with Josie -- Josie seems sort of psycho doesn't she!?

Reply 52#52 studiojek's post

Josie is an emotional reck

Episode 10

Well it's over with Kirby   saw that coming i'm glad she realised he wasn't ready for kid i glad he told her he's is not happy any more.

Reply 54#54 bala's post

Yes definitely was the right timing for them to break up, they were in very different places in terms of what they want in life. In his defense (I was hard on Kirby last week!), Nico has already had her career success and proved herself, but Kirby still has career dreams and would have to throw them away for a baby. I did feel so badly for Nico when she had to give Charlie back to his grandparents though.

This week I'm mad at another "husband" though!: SHANE! Stop being a damn baby, boy! I understand Wendy shoudln't have gone and accepted the job without his ok first, but Shane went and signed with a manager without Wendy's consent so - well..they're even! I think the kids are getting old enough, especially Maddie, that they can have balance in the family even with both parents working.

As for Victory - I am still holding out hope that Joe will see the error of his ways and come back into her life!

I honestly think Shane wanting another baby was his way of trying to keep Wendy at home. We heard him saying about it being "his turn" !! If I was Wendy, I'd say ok we can have another baby, but you're taking care of it. I'm sure that would soon shush him!

It was sad that Kirby and Nico broke up, but as Studio said, they are just in different places. It's such a shame though. I wonder will Kirby regret it?

Me too Studio, I hope Joe makes a reappearance soon. I know the show got cancelled so I hope this all gets sorted during these last few episodes. I'm doubtful though as they were made before the show got cancelled, well, put on hold.

I found out recently that Andrew McCarthy and I share the same Birthday. Although, he's 12 years older than me, lol.

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-8-2008 01:24 ]

Aww, poor..Kirby and Nico. I mean, in Kirby defense, he is only 26 and still has a career to pursue. But then again, at some point, he probably should've realized that Nico isn't going to be all fun and games anymore.

On a side note, how awesome was that art exhibit (or whatever they called it). I would love to be part of something like that.

Victory and Joeeeee. Hahah. I hope he reappears before the episodes run out (hopefully we'll get more!).

Shane. Shane. Shane. I agree with Shinny, I think that the whole baby thing was his way of trying to make Wendy a stay at home mom. As for Wendy, that other filmmaker is a real nut job. Hahaha.

Episode 11

Well look like things are getting interesting-i let you guys watch before express what's happen.

Reply 58#58 bala's post

Yay, Victory and Joe! Though I have a bad feeling about it deep down...will Victory propose only to have Joe do something stupid? Let's hope not, it would be nice to end the show with a happy wedding!

I am not happy at all with how Shane is dealing with this new "arrangement" of things, but then again if I was Wendy I would probably be supportive of him going on tour. Yes, 4 months is a long time, especially since Wendy's working too, but like Josie said (I can't believe I'm agreeing with that nut job of a manager!), this has always been his dream and to deny it would only break them up in the end.

Nico and Griffin, hmm. Interesting. We did all see this coming from a mile away, but he was really sweet taking care of her. I don't really see him as new father material either though, and Nico wants this baby more than anything right now.

So do we know for 100% sure the show's been cancelled, is it official?

Nico and Griffin wasn't a big surprise, but that kiss came out of nowhere! I have grown to like his character though. He seems to understand and respect Nico in ways that Kirby didn't exactly know how to. I'm dying to know Nico's response to Kirby asking her to Aspen...

Victory and Joe. *big grin on face* I bet that suit will become Joe's favorite suit. It better.

Wendy did the right thing by letting Shane go on tour. Sure, Shane will stay if she insisted on it, but he'll probably grow to resent her and blame her if his career does not work out in the future.

There's can't be only two episodes left. There's way to much drama to be resolved. *crosses fingers for more episodes*

Reply 60#60 funny-girl101's post

Yay for Victory and Joe!!! If they have to cancel the show, they should just stop it right now as things seem pretty calm (or, calm enough!) for everyone! I wonder if the last episode will be Joe and Victory's perfect wedding!

I also agree that Wendy really had no choice but to let Shane go on tour. He was already rebelling against her, staying out till 5 and coming home drunk. I think it'll be good for their relationship. Or, at least neither of them will have any regrets.

I also wasn't expecting the Griffin/Nico kiss! But I also wasn't expecting Kirby to invite her to Aspen either! Should be interesting...!

wow are they cancelling the show?? I'll have to read the thread.......well it would be a shame if so as I'll be the first to say I was dubious about Lipstick Jungle at first but now it's essential viewing for me, there aren't too many shows for 30/40+year olds out there (Private Practise, Brothers + Sisters) and we need 'em because the rules of life have changed since the last generation and we're trying to figure it all out!!!!! I thought the writing on the scene between Joe and Victory sparkled, I just imagined if that same scene and script had been played by Streisand and Redford.....

Reply 61#61 studiojek's post

I completely agree. If they are going to cancel it, then I'd leave it as it is right now. The only cliff hanger was Kirby and Nico, but I really believe she has moved on. She's got more in common with Griffin anyway. So I suppose they might have dragged that out a little more, but she's going to end up with Griffin anyway.  

I think it's great the way they captured how funny life can be. As soon as she froze her eggs, she begins a relationship with a man who clearly is at the same stage of life as she is and this would most likely progress to having children together.

I agree that Wendy had to let Shane go. Although, I've never liked his character. I think he over acts and even though I know he's British, his accent sounds forced !

Episode 13

There was that montage of scenes at the end, was this the last episode?

I think Kirby and Nico are going to get back together, I don't know why but I just do.

So, does anyone know, is it official? Is Lipstick Jungle over??

98 12345
Thread