Thread
Printable Version

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

Hi everyone!

Could you tell me what this means? I tried to log in on the TV site but it keeps telling me this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql

Thanks K....

Reply 1#1 snowbubblesuk's post

This has happens so many times to me -basically it's internal error message letting you know at this time the site is experiencing too much demand-my advice is to wait few minutes refresh that usually does the trick.

I have been having the same problem it can take up to a min to change page or refresh but at the bottom of the main page there is only 45 people online

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I agree I am not sure it has as much to do with the activity on the site as it does with the SQL server that is supporting the database for the site. I am not sure if it simply tends to hang, or if there is a maintenance issue with it.

Either way it always seems to be temporary and as you stated refreshing after a minute or so, will normally solve the problem.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Thank you for letting me know!

Discuz! info: Can not connect to MySQL server

Time: 2008-7-26 3:46pm
Script: /forum/index.php

Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Errno.: 2002

Similar error report has beed dispatched to administrator before.

I got the above message for refreshing the main Page with 4 members on line

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

This happens to me sometimes too. It was explained to me as either your server or friendvista servers were doing updates.
Still not sure if that is right though.

Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

This is happening every day but it must be friendvista because i refreshed all 5 web pages and only friendvista crashed

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

yep happens everyday-you just get used to it

,any good solutions ?

Reply 10#10 stone's post

don't you know?

it's on your side not ours

Thread