Thread
Printable Version

Black screen with no video

Black screen with no video

this has happened several times over the years that I have been a VIP member.  For some reason I can be watching shows with no problem and then suddenly as I end one s how and go to watch the next episode in succession I am unable to.  Again, this happens frequently enough that I feel I should bring it to your attention.  I got a response from BALA once about it and it was really rude.  I 'am' having this problem and I would appreciate some help on it.  I usually get useful hints or solutions from Lebjedward, gabismom and dognxdoor.

I am able to access the website proper.  I am able to select any and all program types.  WHen I go to select an episode to view I get a black screen with double white lines down at the bottom.  I have tried to use both USA and EU servers.  I am unable to view it in real because it is a black screen and I am unable to have th at option.  

I rarely complain because I feel that to complain is useless unless we can offer some solution.  HOwever I never really understand what is going on enough to offer a solution.  I have enjoyed the site for many years and would like to continue to do so.  Help!

Bonnie Munro
bsmunro@yahoo.com
U were born 2 win: 2B a winner U must plan 2 win prepare 2 win & expect 2 win

Reply 1#1 BonnieMunro's post

I get the black screen sometimes too. What I do is this:
I copy the url at the top of the screen and then open Real Player, choose File and Open, paste the url there, and then click Ok. It may take a few to get it to load, but usually it works.
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +2 For helping a fellow member 12-7-2008 03:26

It's also happened to me. I think it happens when the existing session hasn't closed down properly (i.e. Realplayer is hanging in the background)

If what Serena has said doesn't help, try pressing CTRL, ALT and DELETE to get your task manager sessions. Go to processes and find your realplayer session (it will be realplayer.exe or something similar) and end the task. Then try it again. If that doesn't work or if you don't see the realplayer process name, restart your computer.

Thank you: Shiney & Serena

Thank you both, Shiney & Serena,  so very much for your helpful hints.  As soon as I made my post, even though it was unusually sharp with my tone, *Not the typical mentality of me* I somehow was able to access the shows I wanted to see.  

I dont like being negative -- it's really counter productive, I feel.  So, my apologies for any negative tone or undertone that may have been communicated on my part.  Here's the real problem: I'm somehow ... possibly addicted to VIP TV VIDEO NET.  Ha ha.  Ive been so privileged to having this site available and have gotten so pampered to have access to all these entertaining shows at will ... that I must have gone into some kind  of symptomatic withdrawal.  Ha ha.  Additionally, I have started watching JAG.  Apparently, this was a popular program on American television that I somehow did not see when it was in its acute popularity.  I've developed, admittedly, a wee tween (Im so old, too!!!) crush on David James Elliott...the lead male character of the show.  Whew!  That boy is GORGEOUS!  When JAG was originally aired on American television, I was employed in a position that really offered me no TV time --- and I basically missed the whole Clinton Presidency due to my employment.  80 and 90 hour work weeks back in those days.  Now, I'm able to relax a wee bit more and the VIP TV VIDEO website is just delicious -- and I can get caught up on programs I have missed, or in the case of JAG, never knew existed.  So, with my obsessive viewing ... and then being denied access ... well....Sorry guys!I was a brat about it.  Obsessive ? Addiction?  Whatever it is...it's basically harmless, I say.  

IN any case, many thanks for all of your suggestions, care, help, patience and availability.  No need for a rude Bonnie.  I will admit, however, some of the moderators ... and in fact, all of them with few exceptions are so kind and helpful...genuinely helpful and pleasant.  

Smooch!

I'm grateful.  :rock:

Thanks again,
Bonnie
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 Thanks for your kind words of support to 12-8-2008 20:19
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 To help with your addiction, :) I am bei 12-8-2008 19:22
  • dognxtdoor Treasure +10 To help with your addiction, :) I am bei 12-8-2008 19:22
U were born 2 win: 2B a winner U must plan 2 win prepare 2 win & expect 2 win

Reply 4#4 BonnieMunro's post

Bonnie, no problem at all. Thanks for the nice feedback + I didn't think you were rude at all. I know what it can be like to be frustrated when you really want to watch something and something goes wrong.

I also meant to say that sometimes it's because firefox hangs, so similar to what I said above about "killing" the task. Go to task manager (as above) and end the session.

One of these things will work, if it happens again !!!

Reply 4#4 BonnieMunro's post

That's ok, Bonnie! I know how frustrating it can be when it's not working

Thread