Thread
Printable Version

Movie News

Michael Bay adds Jack Reynor to 'Transformers 4', confirms new trilogy

Michael Bay has announced that Transformers 4 will be the start of a new trilogy.

The director is set to start work on the next Transformers instalment shortly after completing the body-building action-comedy Pain & Gain.

In a message on his website, Bay revealed his plans for the new film, clarifying that it is "not a reboot" and saying: "This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast.

"This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy."

He also revealed that Irish actor Jack Reynor will appear alongside Mark Wahlberg for Transformers 4, after Bay saw him in the upcoming What Richard Did.

Bay said: "Reynor is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously, who does that? This kid is the real deal."

The director has previously claimed that Transformers 4 will be the last film he helms in the series.

Transformers 4 is set for a release date of June 27, 2015.

Source

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' casts Josh Brolin as younger Clive Owen

Josh Brolin has signed on to appear in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's film is a follow-up to 2005's Sin City, based on Miller's comic series of the same name.

Brolin has now been confirmed to play Dwight, the character portrayed by Clive Owen in the original film.

A Dame to Kill For is a prequel to the first film, so Brolin will be playing a younger version of Owen. However, in the original it is explained that Owen's character has had facial reconstruction surgery, explaining the difference in the actors' appearances.

Rodriguez and Miller said of the casting: "Dwight is a constant character throughout the Sin City world and A Dame to Kill For is a defining episode in his life. We're looking forward to Josh's take on Dwight."

Other members of the cast include Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Christopher Meloni and returning stars Mickey Rourke and Rosario Dawson.

Brolin will next be seen in Gangster Squad opposite Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. The film is released in UK and US cinemas this week.

Source

Emma Stone: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a great script'

Emma Stone has discussed The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The actress will reprise her role as Gwen Stacy opposite Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker in Marc Webb's upcoming sequel, which begins filming next week.

This next script is so great," Stone told Hitfix. "It's overwhelming, though, to think that next week it begins. It's just so crazy.

"So I am really excited, but I'm just like, 'Oh my God, here we go!'"

Webb will direct two sequels to last year's reboot, with Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) confirmed to take on the role of Mary Jane Watson, as played by Kirsten Dunst in Sam Raimi's trilogy.

Chronicle star Dane DeHaan will play Peter Parker's best friend Harry Osborn, who was portrayed by James Franco in the original films.

Meanwhile, Jamie Foxx will play the villainous Electro.

Source

Christopher Nolan to direct and produce 'Interstellar'?

Christopher Nolan is in talks to direct and produce a new sci-fi movie titled Interstellar.

The Dark Knight Rises director's project involves time travel and alternate dimensions in a tale where a group of explorers travel through a wormhole.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the script is based on scientific theories developed by Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist, gravitational physicist and astrophysicist at the California Institute of Technology.

A deal for Nolan is reported to have been in the works for the last few months, and is described as very complex.

Interstellar is set up at Paramount but would be made in conjunction with Warner Bros, where Nolan and his Syncopy banner are based and for which he has made the three Batman movies as well as Insomnia and Inception.

The script for Interstellar was written by Christopher Nolan's brother and frequent collaborator Jonathan. The siblings have worked together on The Dark Knight Rises, The Dark Knight and Prestige.

Jonathan Nolan also wrote the short story Memento Mori on which his brother's breakthrough movie Memento is based.

Steven Spielberg was reportedly supposed to direct Interstellar and produce it with Lynda Obst, and it is now unclear if he will remain involved.

Source

Sherlock Holmes 3' teased by producer, screenwriter confirmed

Sherlock Holmes 3 producer Dan Lin has discussed plans for the sequel.

A third film has been rumoured since the release of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows but has not yet been officially confirmed, although Jude Law has stated a script is in development.

Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3) is working on the script," Lin confirmed to Collider. "It's a high priority for the studio and for all the filmmakers involved.

"We want to make the right movie. We got a great response to the second movie, and frankly the Moriarty character sets such a high bar that we want to make sure we're telling the right story for the third."

It was reported last year that director Guy Ritchie had signed on for a third film, and is keen to base the new instalment in Hollywood rather than the UK.

Source

Dredd' director Pete Travis: 'I don't think I'll return for sequel'

Pete Travis has said that he does not expect to return for a Dredd 3D sequel.

He explained that, although he still has hope that the Judge Dredd movie franchise will continue, he does not think he will be part of its future.

"I don't think so," Travis told MovieWeb when asked whether he might direct a sequel.

"I really hope there is a second one," he went on. "I just feel very lucky to have been involved in the first one. It has been a great experience for me.

"I read Alex Garland's script two years ago, and I fell in love with it then. I have enjoyed the whole process of working on that with him, and bringing it to the screen. It was extraordinary.

"I hope they get the chance to make another one. I think Dredd is an extraordinary character. I think Karl Urban captured him so perfectly. I think there is a real beautiful future there."

He added that he believes Garland "has a trilogy in his mind".

Travis also teased that he is interested in another comic book movie script.

The recent announcement of an auction of props from the movie has led to speculation that there is little chance of a follow-up to the 2012 2000 AD-inspired film.

Garland has hinted at the possibility of a Dredd television show.

Source

Pirates of the Caribbean 5' hires writer of 'Catch Me If You Can

Disney has hired the screenwriter of Catch Me If You Can to write Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

The follow-up to 2011's Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will be the latest entry in a series that has grossed more than $3.5bn (£2.2bn) worldwide.

Variety reports that Jeff Nathanson is now on board to write the script, with his other previous credits including Rush Hour 2, The Terminal and Tower Heist.

Nathanson is also currently writing the script to DreamWorks's adaptation of adventure series The 39 Clues.

Plot details have not yet been revealed for the new film, and it is unknown whether cast members such as Geoffrey Rush, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom and Penelope Cruz will be returning.

However, Johnny Depp has reportedly signed a $60m (£37m) contract to return as the incredibly popular pirate Jack Sparrow.

Depp had previously said he would not return to the series, but denied that being part of the franchise was "selling out".

Source

Jurassic Park 4' release date announced, to be shot in 3D

Jurassic Park 4 will be released on June 13, 2014, it has been announced.

Universal Pictures has confirmed the date for the Steven Spielberg-produced movie, while Deadline reports that the film will be shot in 3D

The latest instalment in the dinosaur series was first announced by the Oscar-winning director at Comic-Con in 2011. It was later revealed to be hitting cinemas sometime before the end of 2014.

Discussing Jurassic Park 4 last year, producer Kathleen Kennedy said: "As filmmakers, we often sit there going, 'Okay. We have to answer the question: Why do another one?' If you can't answer that question, you shouldn't be doing it.

"It's tough. We're trying to come up with a story that makes sense and isn't going to disappoint people and is, hopefully, going to get people excited and reinvigorate the franchise. We've got to start with a script and the story."

Based on Michael Crichton's 1990 novel, Jurassic Park followed a team of scientists as they trek through an island theme park populated by resurrected dinosaurs.

The movie earned more than $900 million at the worldwide box office and won Oscars for 'Best Sound Effects Editing', 'Best Sound' and 'Best Visual Effects'.

Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Richard Attenborough featured in the cast for Jurassic Park, which spawned sequels in 1997 and 2001.

The original will be re-released in 3D and IMAX 3D on April 5, 2013 to mark its 20th anniversary

Source

JJ Abrams set to direct 'Star Wars Episode 7'

JJ Abrams is to direct the next Star Wars movie, according to multiple sources.

The Star Trek helmer will oversee Episode 7 in the sci-fi movie franchise, which was announced last year after Disney acquired Lucasfilm in a multi-billion dollar deal.

The Wrap reports that Argo's Ben Affleck was also in contention for the coveted position, but that Abrams has won the role. An insider also told Deadline: "It's a done deal with JJ."

Abrams had appeared to rule himself out of the running to direct the film in December, citing his commitment to Star Trek.

"There were the very early conversations and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to Star Trek, and also just being a fan [of Star Wars], I wouldn't even want to be involved in the next version of those things," he previously said.

"I declined any involvement very early on. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them."

Star Wars Episode 7 - due to be released in 2015 - is being written by Toy Story 3 screenwriter Michael Arndt.

Joss Whedon, Guillermo del Toro, Wes Anderson and Steven Spielberg had all previously ruled themselves out helming the film, while Zack Snyder was forced to deny that he was prepping a non-trilogy Star Wars film based loosely on Seven Samurai.

Source

Academy Award Winners 2013 - Oscars Video HD

NO IDEA WHERE TO POST IT

Divergent Comic Con 2013

Ender's Game Comic Con 2013 Interview

RoboCop (2014) - San Diego Comic Con Press Conference

Thread