Thread
Printable Version

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip Season 1 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip Season 1 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Discuss anything about Studio 60 on The Sunset Strip Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 10:45 ]

Episode 1

I did not expect to enjoy something that is loosely based on Saturday Night Live, which is a show I do not like at all. This is a great show. I am especially impressed with the ability of Matthew Perry. His ability seems to have really matured since "Friends". I like the snappy dialogue and the portrayal of what a network with a spine and respect for the viewers could be like. I was keeping my fingers crossed that this "smart" show will me supported by the network and allowed to develop its audience and therefore stay on the air for a long time but how wrong I was. Very good episode overall.

Episode 2

This episode was very enjoyable from start to finish. I enjoyed watching Matt and Harriet bicker and as well as the seen at the end between the two. The a load of humour that I enjoyed like the bottle scene. I enjoyed the part where they came up with what they wanted to do for the show. My favorite part was the musical number at the end of the episode. Very witty and funny. I thought that the episode as a whole was well done and it is an episode that I'd like to see again, especially the ending. Job well done!

Episode 3

This is the third episode of Studio 60, and it's just getting better all the time. Or, at least not going downhill, which is really all anyone can ask, when they set the bar so high with their first episode. I like how they keep making references to SNL, since we all know that this is what the show really is. This week's reference was to Wayne's World, one of the most popular skits from SNL that turned into two movies. Otherwise, the show on a whole is just witty, fast-paced, and funny. There are on-going dramas, and things coming up from people's pasts that are haunting them, like Jordan's DUI arrest. I knew something was coming there, since she was warned that the Christian groups would go after her personally, and I suspect that this is only the beginning

Episode 4

The inaugural season of "Studio 60" has, thus far, not once disappointed. That being said, this episode was truly standout among the first few episodes. This is a function of several reasons. First of all, because of the fact that the main characters had already been pretty well-established, there was significantly more room to throw some humor into the mix. This was definately the funniest episode so far. Secondly, this is the first episode that really focused on the show itself and its production process. Granted, it was only a focus on the show as it runs under extraordinary circumstances, but it was well-done nonetheless.

Thread