39 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Tudors Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I really feel for Anne and after watching this last episode You can see he loves her but for some reason PRIDE will not marry her.

Seems like Catherine queen number 5 will be getting what is coming to her soon.

True....... I cannot wait to see the last of Queen Catherine.

I feel the supporting cast here isn't as strong as it used to be. But I like that henry is showing his age, even if it's less fat than the real version.

Quote:
Originally posted by Teachergirl at 5-2-2010 00:53  
True....... I cannot wait to see the last of Queen Catherine.
her running to culpepper is getting on my nerves. she should end it and give the king a child. her not knowing she was pregnant just shows how immature she is. she should have waited longer before runnign to the king like an idiot.

and nwo her friend trying to black mail her well i can see that unravilling quickly.

and you can see the king growing to love Anne of cleaves, in history it says she out lived the king but was left a nice stypen and lives a comfortable life. I wonder if the king is rolling in his grave with that I guess he is learning to thinking with the head on his shoulders and not between his legs.

[ Last edited by minnieholly at 5-3-2010 12:01 ]

Episode 4

Nice speech from the King thanking God for his wife and Edward if only he knew what she has been up to and who put the note behind him

my favorite line is "No body will know not even the king", the maids for the queen really know how to get her sucked in. if the maids know that means someone knows she is with culpepper. lol

Episode 5

Wow the best episode so far but making Catherine walk past the heads on her way to the tower was cruel but she should of expected it and her final words about Culpepper was great

Great episode indeed. The heads thing was cruel indeed and some bits about the torture were quite scary in this episode. I will not miss Queen Catherine much- or Culpepper. I know that Lady Rochford plotted and was a part of the whole thing- but I felt sorry for her. But then she played a major part in Anne losing her head so... Karma I guess. But I do wonder- that childhood friend of Catherine, Joan. She survived it all and yet she had a great part in it too! If she hadn't come to court one has to wonder what might have been.
I guess from now on it is downhill for the King. He still looks WAY too good. (Not that I mind- but if we were historically accurate.... he'd be fat, stinky and quite ugly by now)

Episode 6

Henry flirting with lady Latimer - Katherine Parr was interesting but why would she want to get involved with the king after killing the last one

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-17-2010 11:06  
Henry flirting with lady Latimer - Katherine Parr was interesting but why would she want to get involved with the king after killing the last one
She didn't want to, the king sent his proposal to the Lady while she was mourning her  late husband. the man just died the king could have waited all becuase of a game of playing cards.

Well, we've finally reached the last wife. I find her story almost the saddest of them all- she wasn't even enjoy the marriage to the man she really loved, she died in childbirth and I have actually seen her grave. Sad too that apparently noone knows what happened to her child.
But the later we get in the show the more the reality and show drift apart- couldn't they have made Henry a BIT uglier? He's way too good looking yet. And looks way too young.

Right now I am finding the show a bit boring. the last one really kinda killed it for me. So the king is at war some disease broke out and The queen is stirring up some religious movement.

Reply 17#17 minnieholly's post

This episode was disappointing but saving the french girl and her father didn't make much sense

Episode 8

We now know why he saved the french girl and her father and letting her father escape was a nice touch but with an ulterior motive. Princess Mary has some strong religious thoughts

Blood Mary has made her statement I wonder if they will have her act it out , and who will find the king on the floor.

Episode 9

The torturing and burning of one of the Queens maids was barbaric but the gunpowder stopped the suffering

4x10 Death of a Monarchy

Henry hallucinating about his past wives was interesting but Catherine was lucky after seeing a warrant for her arrest, overall not a bad series finale

So...... we're done with Henry! It was a good show. It may not always have been historically accurate but it was entertaining.

39 12
Thread