Board logo

Subject: Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: spratt89    Time: 9-7-2009 16:47     Subject: Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Stargate Universe Season 1-2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 02:31 ]
Author: gabsimom    Time: 9-7-2009 17:18

I am so excited, trying not to pee my pants.
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-3-2009 08:59

Has anyone seen this yet as I am waiting till Tuesday to watch it on Sky-One
Author: bala    Time: 10-3-2009 09:04     Subject: Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

Well this was an interesting start to the show-i didn't know that there was 9th symbols address that mean you can travel different glaxeies but what a ship. it does look a lot bigger than Atlantis so I'm impressed but i be interested in seeing what type of enemies they will come across there better be  up to stargate standards.

As to the crew I'm less than impressed but I'm going give it time to develop, none of them have impressed me much in this episode. i kind knew guy with heart condition sacrifice himself for his daughter.

Now there visit different galaxies i can't wait to see who they meet.

For the pilot it had everything any fan would expect however for those who watching this series for a lot longer might be more critical than new fan who never seen the series.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-3-2009 09:05     Subject: Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

Yes and i thought it was a great opening double episode i watched Atlantis earlier this year but have not seen SG-1
Author: bala    Time: 10-3-2009 09:08     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Atlantis doesn't do SG-1 any justice   

Nothing can beat the original because everything evolves from that series
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-3-2009 21:40     Subject: Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

I watched it last night & LOVED it.  Here's my proof.
Author: bala    Time: 10-4-2009 09:28     Subject: Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

To me they really need to prove themselves in a difficult situation
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-4-2009 10:14     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

Definitely, but what a good premiere for the show.  Robert Carlyle as Dr. Rush is great - I can't tell what his agenda is.  Though the tone of this series is quite a bit darker than the other Stargate series', I think it's still hits the right chord.  I'm really interested to see how it continues - and in order to see some of the others who are listed as regular cast members, I'm assuming they'll have to use the communication stones.  That should prove interesting.  

I know this answer, but what is your take on when those flashes happen?  I'm a little bummed, because I hadn't sussed it out yet, and on InnerSPACE, a show on the Space channel, they were talking about it after the premiere aired, and the guy gave it away...saying it took him a little while to figure it out.  It wasn't exactly a spoiler, but it felt like one, which is why I was annoyed.

Author: bala    Time: 10-4-2009 10:25

what is your take on when those flashes happen?

i honestly not sure i haven't figured it out but it's one things i can't wait to find out.
Quote:
  Robert Carlyle as Dr. Rush is great
He's no O'neal or sheppard which is what disappoints me about him . i honestly don't like him as the leader i liked that guy injured during escape with his leg.
Author: carlorica    Time: 10-5-2009 04:27

It was a great ep and a great show. I am glad that they will be including the orignal cast.
Author: bala    Time: 10-5-2009 04:33     Subject: Reply 11#11 carlorica's post

there are guest star-there are only going make brief appearances
Author: carlorica    Time: 10-5-2009 06:46     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

Yeah I know but it is cool how they made the tie over. I am still trying to figure out who attacked them. It looked like g'ould ships.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-5-2009 08:28     Subject: Reply 13#13 carlorica's post

didn't they say it was the lucian alliance?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-5-2009 14:18     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

Dr Rush is not suppose to be the oneil or sheppard the 2 military guys are. Dr. Rush is suppose to be Daniel and maybe carter and the kid is our Rodney it appears.
Author: carlorica    Time: 10-6-2009 04:04     Subject: Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

I have to agree with you and add that the kind may also be a little Daniel also.

and to reply to you  kellemanske they may have said that but it was so quick that I missed it XD
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2009 05:09     Subject: Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

The problem i can't picture Daniel as the leader
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2009 02:06     Subject: air (3)

Well this ok episode not as exciting as last week but we learnt a little bit about some of character so stones transport you back earth in that person body.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-10-2009 16:25     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

They're the same stones they used on SG1.  I liked the episode - and that we got to see them using the stones, so we now know how those characters will be used in the series.   I also liked the start of character development.  Still not sure about Rush.  I can't tell if his agenda is good or bad, and I'm not sure if I like him or not.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-11-2009 03:06

I liked the way the 'MD' drugged the lieutenant that was transferred into Young's body
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-11-2009 13:54     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

That was risky putting his arm through the gate to stop the jump
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-11-2009 17:17     Subject: Reply 20#20 kellemanske's post

I liked that too.  The lieutenant was pushing too much (physically, I mean).
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2009 09:53

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-11-2009 21:54  
That was risky putting his arm through the gate to stop the jump
why was it a risk there was a safety precaution prevent it from closing.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-12-2009 11:45     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

they weren't sure about that but they thought so
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2009 11:51     Subject: Reply 24#24 kellemanske's post

Well yeah but remember in stargate only way that dangerous if the shield had failed. if it did he would lost his arm.  
Author: superhero    Time: 10-14-2009 11:01

I dont think this shows anywhere near as good as SG1 and Atlantis. Its really slow. Personally I would have preffered more Atlantis.
Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2009 11:12     Subject: Reply 26#26 superhero's post

Yeah it not suppose copy of Stargate it suppose deal darker moral concept stargate
Author: superhero    Time: 10-14-2009 14:09     Subject: reply to bala

Atlantis wasnt either but it had aliens in it and fighting. Universe could do with more alien action and less sad music with close ups of people looking sad or crying. Plus I really wanted to slap chloes mum and that sergent Greere.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-14-2009 15:27

did ya'll catch the end of this last episode a little ship took off of our ship, no idea where it came from or who was on it. Also  think we will meet way more aliens and it is only a matter of time before we have an antagonist. they are just character building right now.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-14-2009 15:34     Subject: Reply 29#29 gabsimom's post

I did catch that Tina.  I'm very curious as to what or who was in that ship and what it was doing on Destiny.  

@superhero
I recently saw the premiere episode for SG1 again and i was pretty corny.  Seeing as we've only seen 3 hours of the new series, I think they're doing a good job of introducing us to the characters & setting up the premise.  I imagine we'll see some aliens along the way.  After all, the ship seems to stop near planets with stargates, and there are bound to be aliens on some of those planets.

Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2009 22:33

Quote:
did ya'll catch the end of this last episode a little ship took off of our ship, no idea where it came from or who was on it.
Yes i had question about that but we will find out soon-nice catch
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-15-2009 13:34     Subject: Reply 30#30 waterlilybarb's post

It only stopped there because of the distress call of Dr Rush, It wasn't supposed to stop at that planet.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-15-2009 14:25     Subject: Reply 32#32 kellemanske's post

Yes, but I imagine that since they have the ability to stop at planets with stargates they will stop at more because the ship is still falling apart and they'll need more food & water besides things to repair the ship.
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2009 10:31     Subject: darkness

most people might thought this was boring episode but i thought this was a good way for them to introduce some newer character we haven't seen in last few episode.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-17-2009 13:19

Does anyone know a decent place to watch it online until it comes to VIP??  I'm not able to watch on Friday nights...
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-17-2009 14:09     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

This was a slower paced episode other the Rush having a breakdown but it is still early days
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2009 00:41     Subject: Episode 5

Talk about reversal of fortune   who would of thought the ship was solar-powered
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-25-2009 00:44     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

So the next question is did he know that they would be OK
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-25-2009 12:59

Maybe he suspected but wasn't sure, better safe than sorry.
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2009 00:22     Subject: it just been added

At present moment as I'm typing this only first 3 episodes have added we expect next 2 updated very shortly
Author: slade01    Time: 10-26-2009 16:33

Well I've just watched the 3 episodes that have been updated and thought it was OK, not as good as SG 1 but I did stop watching that after about 6 series.

What I didn't understand was why they didn't just use the flying camera to shut the door, no one would have had to die.  All they had to do was have the camera float over the button until they were all out of the room and then just use the remote control to lower it onto the button.

I though ep 3 was a bit stupid.  They had no idea where they were going so it was 'luck' that he found the lime.  The soldier who went after the other one would not have been able to get to him and back in time.  The guy walked on for the time he took to get back to the gate, then go and find him and then travel all the way back.  The guy had been walking for 6hrs and he had only 5hrs to find him and return.

Either way I'll wait for the other episodes to be added before I decide whether to continue watching this.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-26-2009 18:21

What I noticed in the new episode (I watch it on Space, so am not sure which one it was) was that they all have satin pillow cases.  Either the "ancients" had great taste or the military has vastly upgraded their bedding. LOL  Plus, Eli's duvet also looked satin.  Not particularly relevant to the storyline, but it amused me nonetheless.
Author: bala    Time: 10-27-2009 11:29

Quote:
What I didn't understand was why they didn't just use the flying camera to shut the door, no one would have had to die.  All they had to do was have the camera float over the button until they were all out of the room and then just use the remote control to lower it onto the button.
Because it had biological sensor that couldn't be by-passed i.e if use the camera it would of shut it had living thing that pressed the button. it's safeguard prevent ship from automatically launching themselves.
Author: slade01    Time: 10-28-2009 15:38

I think they stretched the 'what will happen to save them' moment too long in episode 5.  The viewer knew something was going to happen.

I had the thought early on that it was solar powered but I just thought that there would be some sort of sensor on the outside not that it would literally fly through the star, that was pretty cool.

I don't think Rush knew but just suspected since the ship stopped to help them with the air supply system that it had its reason for the ships trajectory.
Author: bala    Time: 10-29-2009 11:23     Subject: Reply 44#44 slade01's post

Well it good thing there only stretch it out for 1 episode unlike air episode which stretch for 3 episodes
Author: bala    Time: 10-31-2009 04:37     Subject: Water

This is the first episode i actually felt like it was a Stargate episode mainly because of good story-line. Those water-species on board were draining the water supply i'm surprise ship couldn't detect them   .  the ice craven in on scott was great
Author: bala    Time: 11-7-2009 07:52     Subject: Earth

Well talk about mis-use the stones   the ending with guy going to the guy's wife house is bad .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-7-2009 13:32     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

Good episode but the jumping had me confused for a while
Author: bala    Time: 11-7-2009 23:40     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Yes it was confusing when they first start using it.
Author: bala    Time: 11-14-2009 12:11     Subject: Time

Well this was very unfilling episode i mean the ending really made you think -is that best they could come up with for ending-i could written a better ending-i felt a bit cheated by the ending
Author: bala    Time: 11-21-2009 07:58     Subject: Life

Well this is an interesting episode see crew has adapted to life on that ship and it had personal touches.i highly doubt that there able crack the master in under 1 year.
Author: Tigernach    Time: 11-30-2009 13:17

The potential problem with universe is that it may end up being too much drama and not enough scifi. if it does that no one will watch it.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-30-2009 14:59

I agree I want more aliens and fun and less BS.
Author: bala    Time: 12-5-2009 05:00     Subject: Justice

Well i didn't see that coming but Rush got what he deserved but i did figure out it was him half way through when he asked new lady about the chair.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 12-9-2009 11:05

HAHA they just left Rush on the planet. I wonder how they'll get him back.  It's obvious he won't stay there.  Fix the ship and fly or something else.  yeah, I wish it was more planets and aliens and less "yack yack yack" but it was said this was going to be a "relationship" series.  We'll see...
Author: bala    Time: 12-9-2009 11:11     Subject: Reply 55#55 arksongbird80's post

i honestly don't how he would get back as he has no idea where the ship is going.
Author: spratt89    Time: 12-9-2009 14:02

well they make an enemy soon
Author: TomiXxX    Time: 12-18-2009 15:53

The episode : "Time" it was very Weird ?? why they don't continue the action ??
Author: bala    Time: 12-19-2009 05:22     Subject: Reply 58#58 TomiXxX's post

there are trying distinguish it from other SG series-this series focus on story-telling rather than action
Author: gabsimom    Time: 12-19-2009 07:06

I think Rush does know the course the ship was taking and all he needs to do is access that region of spaces Stargate cords and he will figure it out. That is just my theory.
Author: khw1    Time: 12-20-2009 16:13

i hope rush doesnt come back...he is such an unlikeable character

infact most of the cast are either boring or just plain irritating. even the characters that are supposed to be a sort of relief from the more intense stuff are awful

they need more sci fi and action in universe, none of all this character building nonsesne. we knew very little about the cast in sg1 and atlantis, that formula seemed to work with those two shows.  dont know why they changed it.
Author: spratt89    Time: 12-20-2009 16:24

the action will take place in the second half of the season
Author: gabsimom    Time: 12-21-2009 10:13     Subject: Reply 62#62 spratt89's post

Good to know, on with it
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 1-19-2010 16:07

I wonder if there will be other Stargate people on Universe.  SG-1 or Atlantis guest stars.  Anyone think they'll do that??
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-19-2010 16:47     Subject: Reply 64#64 arksongbird80's post

I can see that happening at some point
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 2-3-2010 11:19

I read somewhere ,I think IMDB that some of the stargate people are actually coming to Universe.  It must be in the spring!  EXCITED!!
Author: bala    Time: 4-3-2010 03:33     Subject: Space

Well Rush is back and they have had there first alien encounter.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-3-2010 04:15     Subject: Reply 67#67 bala's post

Yeah, glad Rush is back and I really enjoyed the Alien encounter it was almost like the other SG's.  I would have rather seen how Rush and the girl got "out" of the alien ship, but this was...okay.  All the contreversy between the crew though is a bit upsetting.  I hope it comes to a head next week and they resolve it and get back to the trip and the ship.  I don't like that there is espianoge!
Author: bala    Time: 4-3-2010 04:17     Subject: Reply 68#68 arksongbird80's post

I don't think it will never be resolved
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2010 05:28     Subject: Reply 67#67 bala's post

There first alien encounter was great with Rush managing to save Chloe
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-9-2010 18:13

Tonight's episode was good, but I wish it was less them bickering between each other and more dealing with the aliens, space, and new ship things.  I'm all for the dynamics of the crew.  Having a mutiny was good, but seriously, did the civilians really think they could wage war against trained military.  Duhh. It will be good to see what comes of the Aliens and any special guests!!  It will be interesting if they could come across a planet with trading capabilities.  That would be kewl.  We'll see....
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2010 03:50     Subject: Reply 71#71 arksongbird80's post

yes they didn't think it through but i liked this episode the look on doctor face when she was told that alien were attacking the ship -i got love that line 'welcome to destiny'. I think the problem these people are stuck with each other and need to learn to get on with each other. Assuming this last more 2 season i think it will take that long for them start trusting each other.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-10-2010 04:40     Subject: Reply 72#72 bala's post

Bala, You are probably absolutely correct.  At the rate they're going killing each other will happen before negotiations...
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2010 11:44     Subject: Reply 73#73 arksongbird80's post

i don't think they will kill each other but there will just fight with each other
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2010 06:23     Subject: Reply 72#72 bala's post

Great line 'welcome to destiny' but i liked the way the surgery to get the transmitter out was left to the last few seconds before the jump
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-11-2010 13:56

Well that explained the mystery ship we saw in the first few episodes.  Loving that we have an Alien antagonist but want to see more Aliens. Friendly or deadly I don't care. I want more mysteries too, enough with the soap opera!
Author: bala    Time: 4-12-2010 02:53     Subject: Reply 76#76 gabsimom's post

I think there trying make it different from other Stargate it's not exactly soap opera we don't have any 2 timer chacters on the show or love triangles or any awful dialogue between  the characters .
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2010 01:29     Subject: Faith

Well this wasn't exactly the most exciting episode but i like revelation that one of them is pregnant. i understand why she wanted stay but she's only doctor on the ship so there really have no choice but get back on the ship and it was there choice
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-17-2010 05:08     Subject: Reply 78#78 bala's post

I really enjoyed this episode.  It felt like a regular stargate and I really liked that someone is pregnant.  That just adds to the mystery.  It's a shame we have no idea though who created the planet and they have no way to get back. Thats a bummer.

MICHAEL SHANKS!!!--> next week.....
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-17-2010 07:07

Quote:
I think there trying make it different from other Stargate it's not exactly soap opera we don't have any 2 timer chacters on the show or love triangles or any awful dialogue between  the characters  .
Not yet anyway

I liked this episode too but wanted to see more about the obelisk and the aliens, like a ship show up 2 seconds before they jumped would of been been great!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-17-2010 12:47     Subject: Reply 78#78 bala's post

I thought Colonel Young offering the shuttle was nice until he told them the whole deal by taking all military back the others didn't have a choice
Author: bala    Time: 4-24-2010 02:06     Subject: Human

Well i really wasn't expecting that ending leaving them behind
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-24-2010 12:07     Subject: Reply 82#82 bala's post

Rush leaving his wife to go to the doctors by her self while he was teaching was selfish
Author: bala    Time: 4-24-2010 22:17     Subject: Reply 83#83 codebreaker's post

Yeah but it's clear he regrets it
Author: carlorica    Time: 4-30-2010 10:20     Subject: Reply 84#84 bala's post

I have to agree he regrets it.

I know they had to leave them behind but I can see something working out in their favour and Rush figuring out how to control the ship as far as starting and stopping.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-30-2010 18:14

I can only hope that Rush will figure out how to control the ship, fight the aliens that apparently are on their way and figure out how to get the three characters I actually like back on the ship.  I will say this, these past couple episodes have been some of the more interesting.  I like that they are going through the gate and it's not all about what they are feeling.  Here's another thing, Are there no civilizations at ALL in this WHOLE galaxy.  I mean really.  Couldn't they have found SOMEONE to open trade agreements with!  Humph.....I need more. It's just not doing it, but I'll keep watching because I'm such the fan!!!!!!

I enjoyed getting the insite in with the Black Guy whose name I don't know.  Really explained alot.  
Author: bala    Time: 5-1-2010 03:17     Subject: Reply 86#86 arksongbird80's post

To think  if Rush hadn't gone walk about there would able dial the gate and get there nick of time but i like the suspense it wouldn't been too predictable if they were all rescued. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-5-2010 12:02     Subject: Reply 87#87 bala's post

How ironic with them leaving Greer behind and trapped that he gets rescued first but with his flashbacks about his father who was evil must of give him the strength to go on and bad timing for the rest when Rush managed to dial the gate first
Author: bala    Time: 5-5-2010 12:05     Subject: Reply 88#88 codebreaker's post

That's just his luck wasn't it
Author: bala    Time: 5-8-2010 02:19     Subject: Sabotage

Now after all that they somehow manage to dial the gate to get back even through it was establish in the pervious episode that they couldn't?. They really must think we are idiots..

This is a case of the writers not having any idea how to bring character back-it would better if they were rescued in the pervious episode-that prevent such disappointing return. .
Author: angel-87    Time: 5-8-2010 06:27     Subject: Reply 90#90 bala's post

they only couldn't dial back to the ship because it jumped into ftl but when it fell out again it would have shown up on the remote that eli had coz they were on the planet that was closest to the ship when it jumped. eli would have kept checking the remote coz he would believe they would find a way to help them.
Author: bala    Time: 5-8-2010 06:48     Subject: Reply 91#91 angel-87's post

i thought in pervious episode they said when the ship jump FTL they can't go back which means they are straddled?. Even in speech the guy said they can't get them back.

i understand what your saying but i thought that wasn't possibility because ship would be too far?. It's in a different galaxy?. Did i misunderstood that?
Author: angel-87    Time: 5-8-2010 07:06

it not in different galaxy yet it in the void between. so when the ship dropped out the stargates where still in range of one another so they were able to gate back.
Author: bala    Time: 5-8-2010 07:17     Subject: Reply 93#93 angel-87's post

ok thanks i get it now
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 5-9-2010 09:26     Subject: Reply 90#90 bala's post

I thought the still was great!  they made alcohol!   

The coming through the stargate was a bit, melodramatic.  Kinda sucked.
Author: bala    Time: 5-9-2010 09:36     Subject: Reply 95#95 arksongbird80's post

Exactly the way they did it-rather sucked which was what really annoyed me about it- the way built this up was so great than to end it like that felt awful.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-9-2010 14:14     Subject: Reply 90#90 bala's post

The scientist switches places with Camille to come aboard and make repairs after the FTL drives overloads and explodes which dropped the ship out of FTL was interesting
Author: gabsimom    Time: 5-9-2010 14:58

Gating back was rather undramatic or interersting but the Aliens attemps to get the ship was fun. But why have they not tried before the humans were on board. They were tracking it but that's about it. So I am a little confused. can't wait to see what the new galaxy holds hope it is more interesting than some ruins, dinosaurs and stupid yet advanced aliens.
Still am curious about who built that solar system maybe it was the the dumb aliens or the furlings.
Author: bala    Time: 5-15-2010 04:06     Subject: Pain

Well this episode reveal an interesting love-triangle So is cheating on her?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-17-2010 05:26     Subject: Reply 99#99 bala's post

The hallucinations was interesting but they were lucky not to of killed each other and all that from a little tick

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0