Board logo

Subject: Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 2-26-2010 00:40     Subject: Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Parenthood Season 1-6 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 21:38 ]
Author: bala    Time: 3-3-2010 02:04     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

Great start to season unfortunately first episode covered too many story-lines to actually keep focus on, they should of introduced them a lot more slowly . However it does seem like this show trying to copy Brothers & Sister vibe. If this is as successful as that show i would be happy
Author: angel17halo    Time: 3-3-2010 16:57

I like this show... I like the time slot too because it doesn't conflict with any of the current shows that I already watch... I hope this show does well... Great casting.. they can pull off being a family with different problems
Author: bala    Time: 3-10-2010 07:35     Subject: Episode 2

Well this was ok episode but still hasn't hooked me guess it will take a few more episode before i know whether i like it.The story lines are good but none of them are really interesting except for a secret kid story-line.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2010 09:50     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

The so called cat fight at the auction i thought was great
Author: bala    Time: 3-15-2010 10:04     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I have feeling we haven't seen last of her and i think she has every right to concerned that women is a threat.
Author: slade01    Time: 3-15-2010 12:19     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

I agree.

This quickly appears to be similar to 'Brothers and Sisters' with a bit more of the storyline about their children.
Author: bala    Time: 3-15-2010 12:23     Subject: Reply 8#8 slade01's post

Yes also No-one died in the first episode unlike Brothers and Sisters.
Author: bala    Time: 3-17-2010 11:22     Subject: Episode 3

Well not much happen, teaching your kid to swim is one thing but throwing her in deep end made her look like bad mother but she did manage to learn how swim at the end. I figured max would get into that school. Still this show need more drama keep me interested. i understand it's a family show but there really no suspense in these episode. The secret kid is only bombshell in the show.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-21-2010 06:08     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

She did look like a bad mother and showing of with her entrance didn't help but i did like the family get together at the pool
Author: bala    Time: 3-21-2010 06:19     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah she is a great swimmer she expect her child to be as good as her
Author: bala    Time: 3-24-2010 06:08     Subject: Episode 4

Well this was a funny episode to say the least but i feel like this show lacking something that would make it great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2010 07:06     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

I felt sorry for the kid who spends a lot of time in the bathroom and everyone wanting to talk to him
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2010 07:19     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

yes i felt bad for him but do you find this show interesting?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-26-2010 07:21     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

It is only the run of the mill let hope it gets better
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2010 07:25     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

i thought bring boyfriend to meet her dad was nice way end the episodes
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2010 11:43     Subject: Episode 5

Well I have to give credit to teenager who used her mother's English paper and summited as her own but it look the teacher like the mum. It will be interesting how that turns out.

This show is become more watchable as the episode go on which is good thing, if you want watch simple show with hardly any drama this show is for you.   

i do find the ending to these episodes rather annoying .

I did find hati boyfriend excuse to make up with her rather amusing . There no way a teenage boy would ever say something as girly as that unless he wanted get into her pants. She really feel for it .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-1-2010 09:48     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

It was nice to see the couple trespassing at the swimming pool because see is a bit uptight and Max eventually catching the ball was great
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2010 05:18     Subject: Episode 6

Well i don't want to talk about faking in bed because i think that got worst thing to find out from your wife, she had no right talk to stranger about that and what his sister said about it was even more distrubing..

I have feeling max behaviour coach cause some problems with that family
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-7-2010 12:24     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

oh men really have to get over the whole faking it thing.  believe me when it isn't faked and the big O happens all is good but when it doesn't men really do freak out and make the woman feel bad.  so faking happens and it doesn't mean that we didn't enjoy it just just means it didn't happen.  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2010 09:51     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

I liked the way Sarah debated whether she should go out with Amber's teacher and then fills in his paper and Max working with the young behavioral aide should be interesting
Author: bala    Time: 4-14-2010 07:04     Subject: Episode 7

Well this was a nice episode but i am glad he got time at end away from his family
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-16-2010 11:30     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

That was a nice moment with Hattie and her dad were at the park when he explained that the park was all down to her mother
Author: bala    Time: 4-20-2010 11:10

Has been renewed
Author: bala    Time: 4-21-2010 04:53     Subject: Episode 8

Another good episode Julia and Joel worry that Sydney also suffers from Asperger's just like Max but it turns out she's gifted was nice surprise. It's amazing how parent get jealous of other kids just because there slightly better than their kids.

Amber's ex-boyfriend Damien in the shower great opening for this episode but Amber realise he's not exactly right guy was great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2010 08:42     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

The shower seen was funny but considering they are in their grandparents house why would you risk it or at least lock the door
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2010 08:49     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

yes it was funny but i think the lock was broken
Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2010 03:00     Subject: Episode 9

Well another good episode-dad finding out Hatty bought a bra from Victoria secrets collection was funny when he was thinking it was his wife .

Jabar not able to take a dump at stranger toilet was also amusing

As for the poem i not even touch that
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-29-2010 01:33     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

I thought when Hatty took her bra off because her father didn't want her to go out in it was great but a typical teenagers response
Author: bala    Time: 4-29-2010 01:50     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Yes it was but do you think he was overacting to the bra ?
Author: bala    Time: 5-5-2010 01:17     Subject: Episode 10

Haddie breaks up with her boyfriend and it seems Amber going take her place
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2010 13:16     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

I'm not surprised that Haddie dumped her boyfriend when he starts pressuring her into having sex but Haddie going to Amber for advice was surprise and how great was Jabbar playing football
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2010 09:05     Subject: Episode 11

Amber should keep her mouth shut instead of telling Haddie what happen. . She should of known better
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2010 01:30     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

Amber should feels guilty about betraying Haddie but Crosb thinking about getting a place so he had somewhere for the piano was mad
Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2010 01:38     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Why should she feel guilty it's not like he cheated on Haddie-they broke up. . Crosby and piano was funny because we never thought he was a piano player .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2010 01:42     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

I think family are more important and if she fancied him she should of asked Haddie if it's OK
Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2010 01:45     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Well you see it wasn't done on purpose from what i gather it just happens in the moment . If she gone after him on purpose than your right but in pervious episode she was just talking to him.
Author: goaliesbear    Time: 5-15-2010 18:25

Good show!  My hubby and I watch it...we can relate to the Max storyline since my step daughter has Asperger’s Syndrome as well.  She doesn't talk as much as Max, but there are many other similarities.  They've done very well with that storyline.
Author: bala    Time: 5-19-2010 08:11     Subject: Episode 12

it tough being a parent when your cousin daughter create problem for your daughter and Amber taking easy way out and not going seem wrong.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-20-2010 13:24     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

That is so unfair that Amber is the one everyone is picking on when it takes two to tango as they say and it's a good job Max and family won
Author: bala    Time: 5-21-2010 05:29     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

It's unfair but Amber family and the boy isn't
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-26-2010 04:19     Subject: 1x13 Lost and Found

Sarah driving off after hitting Adam's car but she did confessing after the police pulled them up for a broken tail light and the girl making up was nice
Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2010 08:31     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

Well they kind of had to make up there are family but it was nice to see Hattie dye her hair so she could look like Amber-i would thought that to be a compliment and than confess to her mum that she want a change.

i like singing by the dad at the end it was nice way to end the season.
Author: bala    Time: 6-11-2010 07:00

It's now been added  
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2010 13:51     Subject: Parenthood Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiered September 14, 2010

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

Author: bala    Time: 9-15-2010 07:06     Subject: Reply 1#1 spratt89's post

Well nice first episode but kids really are funny .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-15-2010 12:32     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

The sex education at the play ground was interesting and Crosby loosing his wifi connection at the wrong time was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-28-2010 04:20     Subject: 2x02 No Good Deed

Adam offering Sarah an internship was nice but his face when his boss was checking out her ass was funny and the 77 min lunch with the boss annoying Adam
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2010 04:45     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I really wasn't sure what make of this episode because it's clear his boss like her but him being the older brother makes it difficult.
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2010 09:50     Subject: I'm Cooler than You Think

Well he finally manages to get a conversation with Max at the end. Julia really shouldn't told Adam about their plans for another baby but am glad they manages to resolve it. Sarah really seem hit it off with men doesn't she look like she found new boyfriend or casual fling which ever it is.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-4-2010 23:37     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

That was a bad choice of words when Adam said he wanted Max to be trained to have a conversation but when he finally did it was nice. Mike just turned up in time for Sarah and the girls
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2010 09:03     Subject: Date Night

You really shouldn't give your son the wrong advice about girls sometimes you need let learn on their own without pushing them. Crosby learning that being a father is a full time job and Jasmine mother actually treat Crosby like an adult was a nice change it does seem like she warming up to him.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-11-2010 02:04     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I can understand why Sarah thought she liked her son but he shouldn't of just kissed her like that and Crosby has a lot to learn about bringing up a child
Author: bala    Time: 10-11-2010 02:11     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Given that he just found few months ago he's a dad i am not surprised
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2010 08:10     Subject: 2x05 The Booth Job

I'm glad that Adam decided to joint Kristina at the Asperger's support group and Crosby did a great job trying to get Jabbar accepted at Sydney's school
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-27-2010 02:33     Subject: 2x06 Orange Alert

Sarah's relationship with Gordon didn't seem to be going anywhere at work  but what a difference he is away from work, Kristina and Adam trying to rearrange Halloween for Max turned out OK and will Jasmine say yes to the proposal
Author: bala    Time: 10-27-2010 09:04     Subject: Seven Names

Well Adam had make a hard decision which 7 people to fire but he did it with some trouble.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-2-2010 02:53     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

Amber was a bit over the top in asking her mother to lie about what happened at Halloween and Sarah offering herself to be one of the Severn was nice
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2010 00:49     Subject: If This Boat Is A Rockin

Well Crosby had a tough decision to make about the boat but goodbye celebration was nice and it does look like Adam is losing control of his anger that guy deserved to get hit but i am glad he told his wife.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-15-2010 12:58     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

I'm sure most people would hit someone for saying that about their child and what was Sarah thinking by staying out until sunrise the next morning without letting anyone know but trying to sneak in was funny
Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2010 03:29     Subject: Put Yourself Out There

Well Isac getting jealous over his wife new art teacher was understandable but she should of respected her husband wishes but she didn't.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-23-2010 02:23     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

It was a shame that Max wasn't invited to the birthday party but as the girls mother said her daughter deserves to have the party she wants, Kristina frantically attempting to obtain a birthday invite i think was wrong
Author: bala    Time: 11-23-2010 02:43     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes she really tried everything but isn't that what parents do?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-23-2010 02:49     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

Once the girl explained why Max wasn't invited it shouldn't of been pursued any more
Author: bala    Time: 11-23-2010 02:55     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Your right but we can be objective since that not our kid.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-26-2010 07:50     Subject: 2x10 Happy Thanksgiving

That was unfortunate timing for Gordon's news about selling the company and Hattie and Alex look like they are getting closer but the crazy family dance at the end was funny
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2010 07:58     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

Yes it was unfortunate timing but he did tell him out of respect but look Hatty mother face when she saw who she was kissing seems surprising.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2011 12:41     Subject: 2x11 Damage Control

That was nice when Kristina and Adam were getting to know Alex at dinner with Haddie and Max and some Max's questions was amusing but he handled it great it's just a shame they don't want Haddie to see him. Crosby having trouble teaching Jabbar to clean his room was terrible parenting but he got there in the end
Author: bala    Time: 1-6-2011 03:50     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Yes this nice episode Adam and Kristina were impressed with Alex but Hattie not tell him what her parent told her seem to going cause her some trouble.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2011 02:33     Subject: 2x12 Meet the New Boss

Amber's graveyard song was nice Alex / Chloe's first date was nice because he remembered what she liked
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2011 04:25     Subject: Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was nice date but Adam looking another job didn't go well he has a job lot people good CV but are not getting the job he lucky why leave a good job for a job that might never come
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2011 04:30     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

His new boss is strange but he must have a vision of where he wants the company to go
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2011 04:50     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Yes i think he has an idea but Adam doesn't have confidence in his ablity and i don't blame him can you imagine if you found a young guy is your boss who no experience in the shoe industry.
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-14-2011 12:21

I"m a newbie here - Bala, I took your advice and watched this show and am enjoying it, thanks!

Though this show is on the sentimental side, I like it because it's sweet and really insightful from a parental point of view. Now that I have my own child, I can relate to a lot of their dilemmas.

At first I thought Adam and Christina were wrong for not letting Hattie see Alex, but maybe they were right: he is going through a lot and, like Amber told Hattie, his being in AA for just 6 months isn't a joke - he's got a lot of stuff to get through. I don't know how I'd handle it if my daughter brought a boy home that was in the same situation....

As for Amber: I love her character! She's grown so much since the first pilot episode!
Author: bala    Time: 1-14-2011 13:04     Subject: Reply 30#30 studiojek's post

This show really is an educational tools for new parents most issues are typical which why people relate to it epically parents of teenager and i like they don't go extreme.

I did find it interesting they explored the grandparents marriage problem with the affairs that i didn't see coming,  on most  tv show most grandparent are usually happily married and this one was real surprise after 25 years marriage there were having problems.
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-17-2011 11:49     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Yes, I found that interesting too. Craig T. Nelson is great in this series - though, wow, he sure has aged!

My least favorite character in this series is Hattie (I do like her, but she's just not my favorite) and my favorite characters are Crosby and Amber.

And you guys?
Author: bala    Time: 1-17-2011 12:47     Subject: Reply 32#32 studiojek's post

I really don't have a favourite i like all of them in there own different ways
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-18-2011 12:05     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

Anyone you DON'T like though bala?
Author: bala    Time: 1-18-2011 12:08     Subject: Reply 34#34 studiojek's post

I would have to say Jubar mother
Author: bala    Time: 1-20-2011 05:55     Subject: Episode 13

Well play went well but Hatty making a stand was impressive she really stuck it out . She is lucky she has a place to go
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-21-2011 04:54     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

Is this episode posted yet? I can't find it...
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2011 11:31     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

Taking the bedroom door away was a bit extreme especially on a teenager girls room, the play was enjoyable and I'm glad Jabbar's was able to get over his stage fright but Haddie going to her grans house was amusing
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-24-2011 12:06     Subject: Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

I can't find this episode, can anyone tell me if it has been posted yet?
Author: bala    Time: 1-24-2011 12:08     Subject: Reply 39#39 studiojek's post

Sorry it hasn't been updated on this site

I got fed up of waiting and admin know this episode hasn't been updated

Sorry for the confusion  
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-24-2011 12:16     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Thanks Bala. I just read a post before about "tvfull.com" - is it affiliated? There's no forum on it, I guess we can only see programs by paying, not by earning points - do you know?
Author: bala    Time: 1-24-2011 12:21     Subject: Reply 41#41 studiojek's post

Yep you need make a donation but trust me i am sure episode will updated soon on VIPTV site. Hopefully before next new episode which is next week
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-24-2011 12:22     Subject: Reply 42#42 bala's post

Ok, thanks! No, I'm not going anywhere - just wondering what will become of this site! Hope it doesn't shut down
Author: bala    Time: 1-24-2011 12:27     Subject: Reply 43#43 studiojek's post

Don't worry i highly doubt it .

I have every confidence in this site i admit i am slightly disappointed with lack new show added but i am patient enough to know they will eventually get added in due time at least advantage is more episode to watch when added.
Author: bala    Time: 1-25-2011 23:57

Quote:
Originally posted by studiojek at 1-21-2011 12:54  
Is this episode posted yet? I can't find it...
It has now been posted
Author: studiojek    Time: 2-3-2011 05:41     Subject: Episode 14

Christina really bugged me in this episode: even if she's afraid and knows she's right, what can it hurt to just quietly sit down and talk it out with Haddie??! She's cutting off her nose to spite her face, as they say. If she wants Haddie to act like an adult, she's going to treat her a little more like an adult.
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2011 08:51     Subject: Reply 46#46 studiojek's post

Well Adam getting high was the best part
Author: studiojek    Time: 2-3-2011 13:23

Absolutely! So funny!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2011 14:27     Subject: Reply 46#46 studiojek's post

Kristina and Adam arguing about Haddie's relationship with Alex and about loosing her did seem pointless considering they had already lost her to her grandmother and Adam getting high was amusing but if that was for real you would be annoyed
Author: studiojek    Time: 2-4-2011 11:59     Subject: Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Well, having been a teenage girl once, I wouldn't say they've "lost" her - she came to their house to apologize and obviously still loves them, just wants what she wants. They'll work things out.
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2011 04:23     Subject: Just Go Home

At start of the episode Jasmine made me so mad the fact that she basically treated Crosby as a child making all the decision but she pushed him to breaking point and it all went wrong .

Hatty back home but she now allowed to see Alex
Author: studiojek    Time: 2-10-2011 12:55     Subject: Reply 51#51 bala's post

I'm glad Hatty's back home - I don't think she was expecting to be able to see Alex! I think they did the right thing, though - they have to trust her. Including him as "part of the family" will help Alex and Hatty think twice before they do anything "wrong."

As for Jasmine - she totally got on my nerves this episode. Yes, Crosby is a bit infantile, but she really doesn't let him have his own voice and seems to be making all the decisions.  Who knows if they'll work this out - I hope so for Jabbar's sake.
Author: studiojek    Time: 2-10-2011 12:58

oh and p.s. I definitely think that Zeke is right about Sarah: she does still have feelings for Seth! Uh-oh!
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2011 12:58     Subject: Reply 52#52 studiojek's post

Yeah or even discuss any decisions,  she tells him i am sure they will make up in the future episode because it's tv show. it will work out.

Seth it's shame he will only be in 3 episodes he's a good actor.

[ Last edited by bala at 2-10-2011 20:59 ]
Author: studiojek    Time: 2-11-2011 11:51     Subject: Reply 54#54 bala's post

Yeah, I really liked him as Aidan in Sex & The City.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-12-2011 03:45     Subject: Reply 51#51 bala's post

Poor Crosby and his ten year vision after Jasmine was treating him like a second class citizen and changing the date of the wedding was over the top, asking Max to keep a secret was strange but turned out to be a good thing with Hatty moving back home and allowed to see Alex

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0