Board logo

Subject: Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: spratt89    Time: 7-25-2010 14:10     Subject: Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Sherlock Here

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 1-16-2017 20:42 ]
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-25-2010 14:20

A Study in Pink

This was a great start to this new show, I was not sure what to think of them updating the Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson characters but they did a great job, I loved the scene of Holmes & Watson chasing that Taxi, I'm glad they have already mentioned the Professor Moriarty and am interested to see if they bring it up again in the next episode, I cant wait for the next episode.
Author: trulee    Time: 7-25-2010 14:21     Subject: Reply 1#1 spratt89's post

I watched this and was absolutely enthralled. I have always been a fan of the 'Sherlock Holmes' genre, Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett being my favourites.  Very interesting setting it in modern day Britain although I think its a bit of a stretch to think a senior detective in the British police force would allow for such a collaboration.

I was pleased that they kept the way he explains his reasoning though I was waiting for those words 'Elementary my dear Watson'.  The little pop ups was an interesting addition too.  I look forward to future episodes and hope they continue to be 90 minutes long.  An excellent addition to my Sunday night veiwing

Author: trulee    Time: 8-7-2010 08:40     Subject: Reply 3#3 trulee's post

Episode 2 - The Blind Banker

This episode reminded me so much of the ones which starred Jeremy Brett.  Benedict Cumberbatch has captured sone of his/Holmes's charactristcs down to a tee.  It really could have ben set in Victorian London and played exacty the same, well with a few minor adjustments.  I am pleased the format is 90 minutes.  I look forward to the remaining episodes.

Author: spratt89    Time: 8-8-2010 00:21

Episode 2 - The Blind Banker

This was a very good episode but not as good as the last one, I somehow doubt that lady Doctor is going to stick around considering she goes on 1 date with Watson and almost gets killed, I loved the scene of Watson complaining about Sherlock through a letter box while Sherlock was attacked inside the house, I was a little disappointed that Sherlock's brother did not make another appearance in this episode, I am looking forward to watching the Season 1 Finale tonight because Professor Moriarty will be revealed to all I hope.
Author: bala    Time: 8-9-2010 01:14     Subject: Episode 3

Well I haven't watch other two but these comment made me interested in watching the final episode it was a good episode he still manages save most of those people and even i was impressed at challenges i figure most of them out half way but still need him to explain other half which was great.. The painting challenge was the best one because it almost got him stuck.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-9-2010 01:17     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

Ive been saving these to watch all together when i have time
Author: bala    Time: 8-9-2010 01:22     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Each episode 90 minutes you would need 5 hours free
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-9-2010 01:26     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

It won't be this week then but maybe the weekend
Author: bala    Time: 8-9-2010 01:51     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

i can't believe this has taken over our lives. Summer usually nothing much on but this summer loads things to watch.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-9-2010 02:09     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

I can't believe how many good shows are on as well but trust me to get into the US big brother when i don't watch our own
Author: bala    Time: 8-9-2010 02:12     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

your lucky you don't have usage limit
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-9-2010 02:20     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

That's true but have to download them before the links are dead so storage is a problem until i get to watch them
Author: bala    Time: 8-9-2010 03:15     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

next month is even worse 15 new show plus all those returning shows
Author: shinny    Time: 8-22-2010 12:25     Subject: Sherlock renewed for a second series

Quote:
Sherlock producer Sue Vertue has confirmed that there will be a second series of the modern-day adaptation.

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Vertue - who appeared with husband and show co-creator Steven Moffat - revealed that an agreement has already been made with the BBC.

"There will be more. We're having a meeting, just to sort of talk about how many and when really. Steven and Mark [Gatiss] are both busy," she said. "Obviously Steven is doing Doctor Who as well so it's just when we are going to do them."

Presenter Sian Williams asked Moffat why only three initial episodes had been commissioned, to which he replied: "They're 90 minutes long! Three 90-minute episodes, that's longer than a sitcom, stop complaining."

BBC head of drama Ben Stephenson recently warned that any episodes of the show will not air for "at least a year".

Sherlock ended its three-episode run on Sunday night watched by 7.3 million viewers.
Source
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-22-2010 13:01

Episode 3: The Great Game

This was the perfect way to end the first season in my opinion, I did like all the games that were played especially the one about the Painting, I can admit that I never suspected Jim who appeared near the start to be Professor James Moriarty, I love the cliffhanger to this episode and I cant wait to see the second season when it returns, I thought that Benedict Cumberbatch did an excellent job of playing Sherlock Holmes over the 3 episodes.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-27-2010 23:56     Subject: Reply 16#16 spratt89's post

Did you know there is an unaired pilot episode now online
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-28-2010 00:49     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

No I did not know that, I will have to look out for it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-28-2010 09:16     Subject: Reply 18#18 spratt89's post

It's a shorter version with some slight changes with the exception of the elaborate taxi chase which was left out off the unaired episode. I preferred the longer TV released episode because it had more details and wasn't rushed

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-30-2013 18:23 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-28-2010 11:27     Subject: 1x02 The Blind Banker

Interesting and elaborated code using the London A to Z but the Chinese taking Watson and his date by mistake was amusing especially when Watson tried to explain their mistake
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-28-2010 14:06     Subject: 1x03 The Great Game

Another good episode with an interesting game of cat and mouse with the bomber but it's a shame there was only 3 but I'm glad they stayed with the hour and a half format
Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2010 07:03     Subject: Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

Yes it was great start to the show him finding a flat mate in Watson was a surprise but i still can't believe after knowing him for less than a few hours he was willing shoot a guy to save his life.
Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2010 07:04     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Yes that was great but at least he promise the next date won't as exciting and she did come back to him in the next episode.
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-25-2010 11:23     Subject: The 1st series

Just watched these 3 episodes.  Really enjoyed it, I am a huge literary fan of the Sherlock Holmes, not so much the movie or tv shows, though I do watch them if they happen to be on.  I thought they did a wonderful job on portraying Holmes and Watson's personalities to screen.  Looking forward to the 2nd series.
Author: oldcarlodk    Time: 11-1-2010 03:34

any idea when 2 series comes ??
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2010 04:10     Subject: Reply 25#25 oldcarlodk's post

Somewhere in 2011
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-25-2011 08:12     Subject: Reply 25#25 oldcarlodk's post

it has now been pushed back to 2012
Author: spratt89    Time: 12-18-2011 17:14     Subject: Sherlock Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiers On January 1, 2012

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-18-2011 17:22

Author: spratt89    Time: 12-22-2011 12:08

Cant Wait
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-1-2012 16:21     Subject: 2x01 A Scandal in Belgravia

I was expecting a explosive start considering how last season finished but the mobile phone was amusing and that was a close call with the bed sheet at Buckingham Palace, Irene Adler text message alert was funny but identifying her from her body rather than her face was interesting and an even bigger surprise that shes not dead and wants dinner with Sherlock, the twist a the end was great
Author: angel-87    Time: 1-1-2012 18:29

two words..... 'loved it'
Author: bala    Time: 1-1-2012 23:47     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yeah this was good start but come on you kind of knew something would happen to make it so they could continue with their adventure. There were quite a few amusing moment but you got love Irene Adler entrance what was the point of trying all those clothes on if that was what she was going to do and what smart way to tell him the combination of the safe. The mobile phone lock was amusing but given how obvious it was was amusing. I am happy she's alive as well .
Author: bala    Time: 1-9-2012 08:00     Subject: The Hounds of Baskerville

Well i didn't find this episode good i figured it out it was some mental experiment messing with people senses so i was left rather disappointed by this episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2012 13:48     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Dr Frankland helping them get back out of that secure facility was unusual but became obvious later and the lengths he went to make Henry think he was going made was impressive
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-16-2012 07:34

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss both announced on Twitter that a third series was in the works, and had been commissioned at the same time as Series 2.
Author: bala    Time: 1-16-2012 07:36     Subject: The Reichenbach Fall

That was one hell of a season finale but i can't figured out how he faked it?
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-16-2012 07:45     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

the amount of theories online are brilliant like did Sherlock give Watson another dose of that drug from episode 2 and did Molly help fake his death, the bike knocking Watson down was planned Love It.

I will re-watch all 3 episodes to post my thoughts.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-17-2012 14:26     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

Sherlock showing off to the judge was interesting and Moriarty using apps on his phone to do the crimes was amusing but that has got to be the best fake suicide ever
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-18-2012 07:40

'Elementary': CBS develops 'modern-day Sherlock Holmes' pilot

CBS has picked up a new detective drama pilot, described as a modern-day take on Sherlock Holmes.

Elementary will transport Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's detective to present-day New York, according to Deadline.

The project has been devised and written by Medium scribe Rob Doherty, who will also executive produce alongside Justified 's Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly.

BBC One drama Sherlock - which ended its second run on Sunday night - is also a contemporary update of Conan Doyle's stories, with Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) solving crimes in modern London.

Elementary was first announced in September, when Sherlock producer Sue Vertue used Twitter to remark on the similarity between the two projects.

She wrote: "Mmm interesting CBS, I'm surprised no one has thought of making a modern day version of Sherlock before, oh hang on, we have!"

The Sherlock series two finale pulled in 7.9m viewers for BBC One. The show has already been commissioned for a third series.

If picked up to series, Elementary will likely form part of the CBS 2012 fall schedule.

Source

I don't see how this will work because everything about Sherlock is British
Author: bala    Time: 1-18-2012 08:52     Subject: Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

Well i don't know either but if he has american accent it would be awful.
Author: usmania    Time: 10-6-2012 15:14

haha the bbc sherlock looks way better than cbs elementary
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-11-2013 10:42

Episode 1: A Scandal in Belgravia

This was a great season 2 premier, I loved how this episode started exactly where the last episode finished with Sherlock, Watson & Moriarty by a swimming pool which ended with everyone leaving alive after Moriarty got a phone call which peaked my interest as to who could of told Moriarty to step down, I found it funny how Sherlock went to a meeting with Watson wearing only a sheet, the scene when Watson punched and tackled Sherlock to the ground was hilarious, my favourite scene had to be of Sherlock & Watson meeting a naked Irene Adler for the first time because of the way they both reacted, I actually laughed every time Sherlock's phone went off making that noise, the scene with Watson & Mrs Hudson in the kitchen when a body landed on the bins outside made me laugh because of what Mrs Hudson said, I loved the entire interaction we got between Sherlock & Irene Adler in this episode and the way the episode ended was very interesting

Episode 2: The Hounds Of Baskerville

I found this to be a very enjoyable episode to watch, I couldn't help but laugh at watching Sherlock search his apartment looking for some cigarettes with Watson sitting down and watching the carnage unfold, I liked how one minute Sherlock had no interest what so ever in the case Henry Knight needed help with and then all of a sudden changed his mind, the scene of Watson saying to Sherlock that him giving that ID to look around Baskerville won't work only for them to be let in made me laugh because Watson still thinks Sherlock's plans won't work all the time when they do, I loved the scene of Watson & Sherlock walking in the Moors at dark because they both got spooked, It was a pleasant surprise to see Lestrade make an appearance and the comment about it being nice to get London out of his lungs was good, the scene of Watson hiding in a cage after being trapped in a lab with what he thought was that hound was brilliant because of how he acted afterwards, my favourite scenes however were of Sherlock figuring everything out and catching the bad guy in the Moors.

Episode 3: The Reichenbach Fall

This was a fantastic episode to end season 2 on, I liked how we started with Watson talking with his shrink which takes us into the story as to how we end up with Watson looking so upset, I loved how Moriarty ended up on trial and being found not guilty even though he was caught red handed trying to steal the diamond, the scene of Sherlock testifying was awesome because of how he knew everything about the jury, I was loving all the twists that went on in this episode with everything pointing towards Sherlock being guilty thanks to Moriarty and it made people doubt Sherlock, my favourite part of this entire season had to be the ending showdown between Sherlock & Moriarty on the Rooftop which ended with Moriarty killing himself & Watson witnessing what he thought was Sherlock falling to his death, I thought the back & forth interaction between Sherlock & Moriarty was better than ever before in this episode.

I cant wait to see Season 3 because I want to know how Sherlock faked his death.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-2-2013 22:48     Subject: Sherlock Season 3 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 3 Premieres January 01, 2014

Discuss Anything About Season 3 Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-30-2013 17:05 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-2-2013 22:49

Author: trulee    Time: 8-3-2013 08:04

OMG I cant wait for the new season.  Just finished watching the repeats of season 2 and the trailer ... tantalising!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 05:13

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-9-2013 06:16

Author: bala    Time: 12-24-2013 13:31     Subject: mini-episode 1

Author: spratt89    Time: 12-28-2013 11:00

I think I might go back and watch season 1 & 2 all over again before it airs
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-30-2013 09:07     Subject: Reply 7#7 spratt89's post

As it's only six episodes I think I will do the same
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-31-2013 02:20     Subject: Reply 7#7 spratt89's post

I enjoyed the nine hours as much the second time as I did the first time around and really looking forward to the next episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-31-2013 05:51

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-1-2014 14:58     Subject: 3x01 The Empty Hearse

Well the two year wait to see how Sherlock faked his own death was over to quick but it was made to look to easy in such a short time and the fact he had it all planed was a novel twist, John's reaction was understandable but it took him long enough to recognise his waiter and Molly joining Sherlock for the day was a nice surprise but talk about John having another close call in the bonfire
Author: bala    Time: 1-1-2014 23:22     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

John reaction was amusing but why i do suspect John's new women is working him to keep an eye on Sherlock i mean of all the people send that message they choose her suggest she will likely turn out to be working for bad guys.

The different theories of how Sherlock faked his death were very amusing.   To the point of confusion

Of course they must been an off switch
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2014 00:26     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

The bomb disposal guys have kept the off switch a secret for a long time and the conspiracy theories did get confusing
Author: bala    Time: 1-2-2014 00:55     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Yes but given this is a tv show we really don't know whether that's realistic or not
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2014 00:58     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

I would think the off switch is the biggest load of rubbish ever shown on TV
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-3-2014 12:14

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-8-2014 07:04 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2014 14:56     Subject: 3x02 The Sign of Three

I cant believe he dropped his most frustrating case for Sherlock's help text but his over reaction was amusing and the bridesmaid using Sherlock to vet possible dates was priceless, what started of as an awful speech turned out pretty good which was surprising and an attempted murder was a surprising twist and great title as Sherlock figured Mary was pregnant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2014 23:21

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-8-2014 07:05 ]
Author: bala    Time: 1-6-2014 00:19     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Well at first i found the episode rather boring but as we got 1 hour mark we got to see how cases were linked but i figured out who was going to be killed at the wedding ahead of time but the way they did was surprising because you would thought they would of felt that needle go through them?.

Sherlock mine maze with eliminate the female suspect was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-7-2014 23:06

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2014 09:20     Subject: 3x03 His Last Vow

Molly slapping Sherlock's face along with Janine being his girlfriend was a surprise but using her to get into Charles office was sneaky and Mary showing her true colours was a little predictable
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2014 10:54     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Well i did tell you 2 weeks ago she was suspicious but glad i wasn't completely right but did you miss me cliffhanger was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2014 11:05     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

Normally those that capture TV shows cut the writing out which would of spoiled this episode
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2014 14:11     Subject: Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

Well i watched it live so that not an issue with me looking forward to The musketeers which starts on Sunday at 9pm.

I have some issues with this episode
* So bad guy had files in his mind maze - How hell did that work no evidence ?
* For such a smart guy you would of thought he figured out he would end up getting shot
*How did he get that information ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-17-2016 10:54

The enduring appeal of Sherlock Holmes - Sherlock: The Abominable Bride - BBC One
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-17-2016 12:01     Subject: The Abominable Bride

Set just before Christmas In 1880's with all the usual cast was different as the series was based in the 21st Century but the wife killing her husband after her own suicide was impressive and solving how it was done was great but all a dream was disappointing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2017 01:48

Sherlock: Series 4 | Trailer - BBC One
Author: trulee    Time: 1-2-2017 10:24

Did anyone spot who was in the poster at the bus stop?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2017 10:38     Subject: Reply 73#73 trulee's post

I've not watched it yet but it's a hot topic on the web
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2017 03:11     Subject: 4x01 The Six Thatchers

Sherlock's account of what happened to the boy in the parked car was tragic and I suppose Mary's past had to come back at some point but I didn't think she would die saving Sherlock, John making contact with the woman on the bus was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2017 03:13

Sherlock: The Lying Detective - Series 4 Episode 2 | Trailer - BBC One
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2017 04:08     Subject: 4x02 The Lying Detective

Culverton's confession seemed bizarre as the drug he gave them wiped their memories but the millionaire-philanthropist being a serial killer was going to be hard to prove and the therapist was a surprising twist
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2017 04:09

Sherlock: Series 4 Episode 3 | Trailer - BBC One
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2017 05:41     Subject: 4x03 The Final Problem

The music that was playing when Moriarty arrived at Sherringford was amusing but Eurus being in control of the prison was disturbing and what she made him do to Molly was cruel but at least she's still alive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2017 05:42

John and Sherlock's relationship - Sherlock: Season 4

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0