Board logo

Subject: Off The Map Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 1-10-2011 11:51     Subject: Off The Map Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss The Show Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 00:59 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-12-2011 22:49     Subject: 1x01 Saved by the Great White Hope

That was an impressive rescue on the zip line considering it was her first day and the coconut transfusion was clever but taking Ed to the fire flies was lovely
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2011 00:35     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yes but her crashing into him because she couldn't work out the breaks was amusing. I like how they ended the episode them driving off the rock , given at start other doctor drive save the patient who was stingray attached to his leg and what a way knock the guy out punching him to make him go unconscious. The TB family was a shame but at least he convinced the father seek treatment. I really hope this is a hit because it's different from other medical show out there.
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2011 00:36     Subject: Off the Map 1x02

Edited: Better Quality version [ Last edited by bala at 1-13-2011 18:48 ]
Author: kellemanske    Time: 1-13-2011 04:16     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

I agree. I really like this show already. It looks a lot like Grey's, but then in the jungle with less focus on the surgery and a lot of focus on the important characters in the hospital.
I love the kid translating
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2011 04:22     Subject: Reply 5#5 kellemanske's post

Yes i also like this show but you do notice the lack character in the first episode it works well in private private because Kate Walsh was what made the show,  what it is they need strong character on this show make it a success.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 1-13-2011 06:23     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

I think this is going to be a lot about the 'great humanitarian', those three new one's and the girl that came back. And also, but a bit less about those two other coworkers of the 'great humanitarian' (sorry I forgot all the names).
And I think the characters will grow a lot in this first season. But I just hope it won't be to much like Grey's used to be (everyone sleeping with everyone and that sort of things) cause then it won't be that original any more (and that wasn't my favorite part of Grey's either). But I'm really curious to everyones past. Although I think it's too bad that in this first episode we already found out this much about the three new ones because I think they should have spread it a little. But we will have to wait and see...
Author: bala    Time: 1-13-2011 06:25     Subject: Reply 7#7 kellemanske's post

So far only 1 of them sleeping with the boss
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-13-2011 12:06     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

i caught the premiere last night and really liked the show.  I like that it's not riding on any one actor's shoulders to carry this show, as it seems to be mostly unknown actors in the lead roles.  

I liked the storyline with Michael McKean (though some of it was gross) - he's a favourite, and nice to have a well known actor as a guest to start off the show.  The "firefly" lake was beautiful.

I thought it was well written and well acted and expect it to only get better, as most shows DO improve with a bit of time, as the writers & actors get a feel for the characters.

Author: bala    Time: 1-20-2011 00:32     Subject: Episode 2

Well the second episode was good and new doctor are still getting hang out being out there but what funny way to end the episode you see romantic connection already coming from this show. Not best marriage proposal
Author: bala    Time: 1-20-2011 00:34     Subject: Episode 3 previews

Author: kellemanske    Time: 1-20-2011 03:06     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

I loved the second epi, but although I think he was right to propose, it was stupid to try and do it on the river
Nice save with the injection in the heart.
And I loved the supersticious part and 'plastics' taking away the scar.
Author: bala    Time: 1-20-2011 03:07     Subject: Reply 12#12 kellemanske's post

Yes insult a jungle doctor was mistake but other doctor explain he was drop on his head as a baby was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 1-20-2011 08:40     Subject: Off The Map: Martin Henderson, Mamie Gummer, Zach Gilford & Valerie Cruz

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2011 04:36     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

Rescuing the photographer who was being attacked by an anaconda was impressive but what a way to find out about the proposal and being dropped as a child was funny
Author: bala    Time: 1-23-2011 04:40     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes but the anaconda was actually saving his life which was great until it fell into the water
Author: bala    Time: 1-27-2011 00:54     Subject: A Doctor Time Out

Well it such a tragic ending if only he didn't go to get the I-pod he would been fine you just knew as soon as he said that he would get injured.
Author: bala    Time: 1-27-2011 00:54     Subject: Off the Map 1x04 Preview

Author: kellemanske    Time: 1-27-2011 01:36

I keep forgetting the names
I think it's good that Robin? (the girl that came back) told the other girl about the wife and kid of that other doctor, but I think that the guy might not like it that much. Though now she might understand him better.
I also liked that Charlie asked her if she knew his name
and the end with the lady in blue was a bit predictable
The 'ola' conversation was funny
Author: bala    Time: 1-27-2011 01:53     Subject: Reply 19#19 kellemanske's post

It usually takes 1 season to learn the characters name ,do you notice i don't mention character name in the comments i have posted because i don't remember them but if i ever need to find out i just use This.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-27-2011 02:55     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

It's sad that they lied to the mother to keep her calm and how lucky was the guy who got the electric shock but unlucky in love until they found the girl in the blue dress
Author: kellemanske    Time: 1-27-2011 03:31     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

ok that's helpfull thanks
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-27-2011 12:51     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

Thanks for the link.   I'm bad with names when new shows start too - especially if it's a larger cast.  

I'm still really enjoying this show.  I like the characters more as we learn more about them and think if the caliber of writing continues to be good it will last a little while.  I hate to get into new shows because so many get cancelled, but sometimes it's worth taking the chance.

Author: bala    Time: 1-27-2011 12:56     Subject: Reply 23#23 waterlilybarb's post

Your welcome and i agree that writing is good with success of both Grey's anatomy and Private practice i think it's in good hands. I just hope people watch this . I just don't like the fact that they are worm in the romantic connection between the doctor i want see more jungle medical mishaps and see how doctor react. I rather push romance to next season.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-27-2011 13:49     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

I agree, but since it does come from the creator of GA & PP, romance is bound to be a big part of the story.  I think the medical aspect is quite interesting, especially seeing how young American doctors learn to cope with the limitations of working in the tropics.
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2011 03:19     Subject: On the Mean Streets of San Miguel

Wow another great episode a Nazi hiding out for 40 years was interesting but those kids had no idea it was sad and it look like all the characters have secret .
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2011 03:21     Subject: Off the Map 1x05 Preview

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2011 16:16     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

Mina wanting to save the old man just so he could face the consequences of his war crimes was an interesting dilemma and the way she got the medicine from the customs guy was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2011 01:58     Subject: I'm Here

Well I am glad daughter manages to forgive her father but seriously it very naive she blamed him for the situation she is right she lost her leg this isn't something you get over it doesn't a day get over losing a leg it takes months
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-12-2011 06:54     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

That was some underwater rescue but the father talking about prosthetics was a bit strange considering they hadn't started and it's a good job there was no sharks about with all that blood in the water and kissing Alma seemed to of bridged the language problem
Author: bala    Time: 2-12-2011 07:03     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Well i liked how every episode rescue are different
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-12-2011 07:08     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

I hope we find out a little more about the gun shot victim but the way they protected him was nice
Author: bala    Time: 2-12-2011 10:23     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was but they took a risk it good thing it escaped from hospital when cop was doing his rounds
Author: bala    Time: 2-17-2011 04:04     Subject: It's Good

Another good episode but wasn't expecting a cliffhanger at the end
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-19-2011 10:23     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

I liked the way she negotiated for the drugs after the robbery and what a cliffhanger with the helicopter
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2011 10:27     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

That what i like about the episode just as we are used each episode having a happy ending they do this keep us interested in the show only people who from start will appreciate this.
Author: bala    Time: 2-24-2011 05:28     Subject: Es Un Milagro

Well nice conclusion shame that lady died
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-26-2011 09:51     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

Nice conclusion with the helicopter crash but God's sense of humour when Ryan was searching for a missing girl who fell from the helicopter was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 2-26-2011 09:59     Subject: Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

Yeah that was amusing Ryan medical condition was a surprise as well
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-27-2011 05:11     Subject: Reply 39#39 bala's post

it's so sad for both of them. Because it's only going to cause pain. But I think she might get a new heart.
btw, the medication that she gave the girl, was it really the right one, because I thought they had to go with the helicopter to get those...
Author: bala    Time: 2-27-2011 05:29     Subject: Reply 40#40 kellemanske's post

yeah remember the reason for that medicine was stolen and need re-ordered , they received the medicine the next day delivered to clinic
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-27-2011 13:59     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Yes, I remember that, but then I don't understand why she needed to get that kid so quickly to the hospital. I thought she would have needed something more difficult. But I'm probably overthinking it
Author: bala    Time: 3-3-2011 03:20     Subject: It's a Leaf

Well another good episode Mina cutting that baby cord had life changing lesson for her but seeing her in dress was amusing since no-one else at party came casual. The mine explosion was good i am glad they managed rescue everyone and glad doctor eye sight was temporary blindness
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-3-2011 10:43     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

Mina cutting that baby cord by mistake is one mistake she wont do again but at leased she used the knife and Lily using the radio feedback to find Cole was clever
Author: bala    Time: 3-3-2011 10:52     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

What a responsibility for a stranger baby
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-3-2011 15:00

And then to find out that the sister let her cut the cord because she didn't want the responsibility herself.
But they were drunk and stupid in the end!!!
Author: bala    Time: 3-10-2011 03:37     Subject: There's Nothing To Fix

Well an amusing start to the episode and it does look new doctor starting to become great doctor I mean giving your own blood to save a patient is amazing. We have another risking her life to save a teenager in the river almost drowned. It's sad that mother didn't want that child she was planning to adopt because it has leukaemia  .
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-10-2011 09:17

it wasn't because the kid had leukaemia, she just didn't want to have kids. She just didn't have the nerves to tell her husband before.
I loved the ending with brennan crying and I kind of saw it coming that he would join his girl to NY. but I'm also surprised that he is able to leave the clinic for a week.
Mina and the pizza guy was funny and her not having the last word because he died was a little tragic.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-10-2011 12:31     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

That was a shame about the teenager but Lily did all she could to try and save him and that's dedication using his own blood to save the guy
Author: bala    Time: 3-17-2011 03:36     Subject: I'm Home

Wow another good episode but she really had no choice but resign being doctor after collapse but she can still treat patient so i don't know why she walking away.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-17-2011 05:38     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

Taking the woman prisoner to see Hugo was a nice gesture and trust her to escape before he came out of the coma but she did the right thing in coming back before she was missed, Lily learning more about Mateo by treating his mother was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 3-24-2011 01:59     Subject: Everything's As It Should Be

Well illegal transplant for money i had a feeling as soon as he offer transplant i know something dodgy .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-25-2011 15:15     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

The girls hesitation to filling out the forms was a giveaway but what a waist of her organ
Author: bala    Time: 3-25-2011 23:10     Subject: Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

Yeah but these things happen all time in the jungle

I wish they add this to viptv site
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2011 02:37     Subject: Hold on Tight

I can't believe he fired Mina and Lilly help coca farm was surprised i am feel that she going arrested
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-31-2011 09:01     Subject: Reply 55#55 bala's post

I think that the guy can't think straight anymore. Clark was right giving away the power of attorny cause if she would have been on life support, he wouldn't be able to shut it down. But firing Mina was wrong and I think he will understand that eventually, he was just so upset because she had almost died and all.
And I kind of saw it coming that Brennan would help him with the harvest after the couple. But they really have to see that they don't exaggerate it. In every episode they have this 'extreme' case that gives a message and Brennan just applies it to her life. It's kind of annoying.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-31-2011 09:49     Subject: Reply 55#55 bala's post

That was one hell of a paragliding accident and Mina getting sacked after she was forced to take control of Ryan's care was uncalled for but who would of thought the battery from the doll would help save her life
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2011 10:02     Subject: Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

That was some quick thinking
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-31-2011 10:04     Subject: Reply 58#58 bala's post

I bet the little girl wasn't happy
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2011 10:05     Subject: Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

She had no idea what was going on
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-31-2011 10:07     Subject: Reply 60#60 bala's post

It wont take her long when the doll don't cry
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2011 10:13     Subject: Reply 61#61 codebreaker's post

Mother will probably buy another battery at the shops
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2011 08:37     Subject: There's A Lot To Miss About The Jungle

Well this really was good season finale leaving loads of question if this get renewed .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2011 11:50     Subject: Reply 63#63 bala's post

The float crashes was sad but the way the girl held the ribs apart for Minard was great and that was tragic about Ryan's possible transplant but the double cliffhanger was great but would be horrible if this isn't renewed
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-9-2011 12:29

I refuse to watch the season final untill I know it is renewed. I hate cliffhangers if they don't get solved.
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2011 22:44     Subject: Reply 65#65 kellemanske's post

Well i didn't know it season final i thought full season 22 episode
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-10-2011 01:27

I never know which ones are finals till you guys say it
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2011 01:31     Subject: Reply 67#67 kellemanske's post

We try our best watch them as quick as possible so that we are ready for anyone willing discuss it   .
Author: spratt89    Time: 5-13-2011 12:05

Officially Cancelled
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2011 01:54     Subject: Realplayer & Flash update

This has now been added to both sites

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-29-2011 14:43 ]
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2011 09:32     Subject: Reply 70#70 codebreaker's post

it is just or does it cost 2 points not free?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2011 09:39     Subject: Reply 71#71 bala's post

RP is free and i think they haven't finished updating flash

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0