Board logo

Subject: Burn Notice Season 5-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: spratt89    Time: 5-15-2011 08:04     Subject: Burn Notice Season 5-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 5 Premiers June 23, 2011

Discuss Anything About Season 5-7 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 14:04 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2011 23:42     Subject: Image for VIP

A possible image for VIP

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 6-24-2011 06:03     Subject: Season Premier

As usual this was a great episode but it felt more like a season finale than an Opening.  Hope Nix figures his new direction and quick.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-24-2011 08:36     Subject: 5x01 Company Man

I would of liked to of seen their face when Michael used the fan and gun to make their escape but the guy killing himself before they got to him was unfortunate
Author: bala    Time: 6-24-2011 12:20     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well i like Michael had improvise you can see the 4 years he been burn actually made better spy by making him think on his feet
Author: sanggye    Time: 6-24-2011 19:21     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

I think he always thought well on his feet, reason he was such a good spy.  Good episode, am glad it is back, hope he starts helping others again.
Author: bala    Time: 6-24-2011 22:09     Subject: Reply 6#6 sanggye's post

Did you notice differences between the way Spy organisation works and how he works that what make him good he can do both.
Author: sanggye    Time: 6-26-2011 16:25     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Only difference he mentioned and noticed that he was used to improvising equipment, while the CIA had access to all the top of the line equipment, but all through the previous seasons, he constantly mentioned that a good spy needed to know all that, as they( good spies)  needed to be able to use common equipment  in different ways
Author: bala    Time: 6-27-2011 11:42     Subject: Reply 8#8 sanggye's post

yeah your right but micheal quite experienced.
Author: bala    Time: 7-1-2011 09:18     Subject: Bloodlines

Another great episode where it get personal micheal had pretending bad person to his own mother and she was great in the role and got the information. It was micheal telling Fiona he needs her
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-1-2011 13:32     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

Madeline played the part great but it obviously reminded her of her husband and that was some impressive driving as well
Author: bala    Time: 7-2-2011 11:15     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

What a way convince him to stay with his boring wife
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-4-2011 06:39     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

Madeline did a great job, she is really becoming a member of the team.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 7-4-2011 06:54

yeah great episode and nice to really see her come to grips with who Michael's father really was.
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2011 09:11     Subject: Reply 14#14 gabsimom's post

It really would be nice if we get him appear in one episode but which actor should play him ?
Author: bala    Time: 7-8-2011 07:31     Subject: Mind Games

Well talk about unexpected complication trying make the bad guy into a cop almost backfired since he was a FBI agent . I liked how micheal had save him for putting in a difficult situation and i have say i didn't see it coming as actor always play bad guy so it was nice to surprised at revelation.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-8-2011 13:57     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

I'm not thinking Fi is going to put up with Michael living in the past for too much longer.  She loves him, but he's hurting himself.  
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-8-2011 16:30     Subject: Reply 17#17 arksongbird80's post

She's got too have something, she was all over him when he was trying to find out who burned him, trying to get him to drop it, now there is this
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-10-2011 09:16     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

That was a close call for Fiona when planting the evidence which was a waste of time after all but the way he made it right was great and of all things to be payed with it had to be yogurt
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-10-2011 12:30     Subject: Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Heck, lifetime yogurt is probably Michael's favorite pay yet as much as he eats
Author: bala    Time: 7-10-2011 12:35     Subject: Reply 20#20 sanggye's post

LOL, i was thinking the same thing but if she ever sell the the shop?

[ Last edited by bala at 7-10-2011 20:37 ]
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-10-2011 17:19     Subject: Reply 21#21 bala's post

Well if she does, he will have to go back to buying his own  
Author: bala    Time: 7-15-2011 09:37     Subject: No Good Deed

Well another Michel Weston conspiracy who frame him for murder of Max. Sorry that i put promo to next week episode as this week certainly ruined the end to this episode. . For a young hacker she was very ruthless
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-15-2011 09:43     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

What does age have to do with it?  She was ruthless though.  I think it has to do with him having been burned.  Some information must have came to Max.
Author: bala    Time: 7-15-2011 10:05     Subject: Reply 24#24 sanggye's post

Well come on when you look at her she was like young early 20 ies -you don't expect women like that would be so capable to suffocate a man with plastic bag before inject him with catomine ?.
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-15-2011 17:21     Subject: Reply 25#25 bala's post

She is a career criminal, and the age thing, most soldiers in military are between the age of 18-26, the Israel Defense Force requires all woman 18-24 unless they have a viable reason, to join. something like 34% of the force are woman.   In fact studies have shown that woman in almost any field, especially, a male dominated field, are more skilled, more determined, and better than most men.  Woman can be just as viscous and dangerous as men.  Most killers, men and woman are between the age of 20-30.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-15-2011 19:20     Subject: Reply 26#26 sanggye's post

Thank you sanggye.  I will take all of that as a complement.

Don't cross me B-word or I will CUT YOU!!!!    HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-16-2011 09:58     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

The way Fiona took down the big guy looked painful and the hacker was ruthless but i wonder if the dying words from Max have another meaning, not having a wife would be too predictable
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-16-2011 11:57     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

No he mentioned his wife earlier
Author: bala    Time: 7-22-2011 07:33     Subject: Square One

Well look Micheal got new handler but she does seem a lot smarter figure out how Michel escaped
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-23-2011 02:09     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

She's playing him, she has the feeling he did it and trying to get him to slip up.  The video is dangerous.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-23-2011 13:35     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

What a great con getting him to burn his own house and then going to kill the girl in hospital but using his mother to go through the videos for a carton of cigarettes was amusing but what she found was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2011 01:18

Burn Notice: comic con panel

Please note: Fall of Sam Axe panel which mean it's only bruce campbell who is amusing

[ Last edited by bala at 7-27-2011 09:38 ]
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-29-2011 04:33

I'm finding the season Kinda boring and reminding myself not to switch the channel.  They are going to have to do better...   I love this show. sigh
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 04:45     Subject: Reply 34#34 arksongbird80's post

What are you talking about last episode was fantastic and yes it's slightly different but this what happens when series evolves. Micheal being framed and he has figure out what big plan without getting caught.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-29-2011 06:57     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

I know I should be on the edge of my seat but I just can't get there any more...hmmm     I want to love it. Believe me...

Those two guys that finished each others sentences were funny.
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 07:09     Subject: Reply 36#36 arksongbird80's post

I think you got something that happens quite a lot with long running shows, when you watch a show that more than 2 seasons you get bored. you become immune to excitement of the show. You just end up watching it out loyalty.  Take a show like House i was really excited when it started but  it has become boring.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-29-2011 07:30     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

Oh I gave up on House years ago.  The same for one tree hill and smallville.  I came back to them later though...
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 07:45     Subject: Reply 38#38 arksongbird80's post

5 weeks away from returning show and new show starting September
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-29-2011 10:20     Subject: Reply 39#39 bala's post

It is an ok season, but don't like that they are concentrated on Michael doing all these jobs with the CIA, would like him to go back and help the little guy.  The CIA thing is becoming a little too much, it's always saving the world kind of stuff.
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 10:38     Subject: Reply 40#40 sanggye's post

They have done that 4 years it get a bit boring saving the little guy .
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-29-2011 14:07     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

No it doesn't, at least for me.  This whole save the world thing is boring, there are too many shows out there that have that attitude.  It worked for many successful shows, and people like it.  Think it is one of the reasons people like Burn Notice, they like seeing the little guy get their revenge.  Instead we have Michael working on CIA missions, that have no emotion involved.
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-29-2011 14:11

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 7-29-2011 10:30  
Oh I gave up on House years ago.  The same for one tree hill and smallville.  I came back to them later though...
I watched 6 seasons of house in a two month period, and then lost all interest in it, every episode is pretty much the exact same.  Never watched One Tree Hill, those type of shows I have no interest in.  And if you saw my Smallville comments, you know I only watched them to get to the end, and was so glad when it finished.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-29-2011 14:54     Subject: Reply 40#40 sanggye's post

See That must be why it's lost my attention.  I grow bored with this CIA stuff.  That's why I don't watch Covert Affairs or anything like that.  I'm just not interested.

@bala:  You are ABOLUTELY CORRECT!!  In just a few show weeks, we'll know if Kate Says I LOVE YOU back to Castle.  We'll see Flight Attendants go around the world, and many many more.  
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2011 22:48

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 7-29-2011 22:07  
No it doesn't, at least for me.  This whole save the world thing is boring, there are too many shows out there that have that attitude.  It worked for many successful shows, and people like it.  Think ...
Wow he's not saving the world he's not superman . Sorry couldn't resist putting a superman reference. ok your right the one main reason why Burn notice is because of the human emotion and they still kept that even when he goes off the reservation Fiona, his mother and Chuck keep him grounded.. Compare this show covert affairs is wrong they different shows. This isn't CIA show you need remember season arc for this season seeing micheal weston as a spy i figure somehow end this season he would getting burnt.
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-30-2011 03:11     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

He technically still is burnt, no-one has unburned him yet.  That is why he is only an asset for the CIA.   And he has just saved the world in the newest episode, super weapon stolen by Serbians.  If he does keep running missions for the CIA, that is what it is going to be about, just like Covert Affairs.
Author: bala    Time: 7-30-2011 03:25     Subject: Reply 46#46 sanggye's post

One off, what about the episode he helped brother of sister who was abused by her boyfriend. That was just one episode you mention. Your making it sound like we had 5-8 episodes where he's saving that was just 1 episode .
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-30-2011 11:02     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

Every episode has had a CIA mission in it but 1 so far, each one has been more and more serious.  I don't mind him looking for the agent's killer, cause that has something to do with him, and yes he has helped people in every episode but this one. I am worried that they will be just focusing more on CIA stuff and lose a the heart and soul of the show.  

Sorry Bala, we all have our likes and dislikes, I am not a big fan of  cop shows (includes FBI, CIA, ect) unless they have a twist (Bones, Castle, Chuck I like)   CSI, Covert Affairs, 24, all those I find very predictable, with little originality involved and in many ways are interchangeable with each other.  I also because of time, have to choose my shows, as it is I am way behind on many series, and when a series gets too bowing or tedious to watch (House, the Mentalist) then I drop them.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-30-2011 11:10     Subject: Reply 48#48 sanggye's post

I agree entirely.  Because of time I just can't get bogged down with tedium shows start having.  Gotta pick and choose my entertainment level.
Author: bala    Time: 7-30-2011 11:14     Subject: Reply 48#48 sanggye's post

You don't have to apologise we are just having a friendly discussion and i respect your opinion i am not saying anything negative we are just disagree. Most of the time on here we are all in agreement and it get a bit boring so when we have a difference of opinion i always try my best explore this.

I think you mean every episode this season had a CIA mission. I am talking about the whole series rather than just season 5. I think this where our misunderstanding is happening. All i am saying, why don't we both wait and see how season 5 end and than have discussion as whole season?. That will give both of us a better idea how season 6 will play out.

I am thinking there still be episode where he will help innocent people but it tied in with CIA missions. So it will like two storylines per episode. The focusing more on CIA stuff is so audience can see what Michel did as a spy.  i try my best not compare this show other show since you pointed out this show is rather diffrent from CIA FBI show has they do what they want without any rules as long bag guy get hurt and no innocent people get hurt they have done their job.
Author: sanggye    Time: 7-30-2011 13:33     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

I get you, my man    I do think we get to see Michael in every episode do his spy work,  and we always had the 2 storyline, helping the people out and trying to figure out who burned him.  Now we got 3 storylines in a episode if he helps out someone, The CIA mission, the help out the lil' guy mission, and who killed the Agent (trying to frame Michael) mission, and with all that, something is going to get hurt.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 7-31-2011 12:51     Subject: Reply 51#51 sanggye's post

I got into this show a couple of years ago, and just got caught up over the past two or so months. I think it's an awesome show, that the writers have done a fantastic job with all the characters.
I think this season is about showing us what Micheal's life was like & will be again when he goes back to the CIA.

This is my prediction and why I think this season (showing him as CIA), is so important. I think that he will be offered to rejoin the CIA, but he will turn it down, because the opportunities he's had to go on mission's as a CIA "asset", shows him that that's not the life he really wants. What he really lives to do and loves is saving the little guy, Fiona & even being near his mom. So, this is an important season not only for us to see what he was like as a CIA agent, but for him to see what he really wants. Just my opinion, I guess we'll have to keep watching to see what's really going to happen.

Will he be faced with a life changing choice, or will something happen that will make the CIA change their mind about letting him become an agent again, or will it be something that no one can predict?

BTW, I hate his hair this season, it's not Michael at all, IMO.   

Author: bala    Time: 8-1-2011 05:46     Subject: Reply 52#52 gypsiegirl66's post

I think you maybe right i was thinking same thing but i wasn't sure if he could walk away when he has been obsessed about getting back i think he will have a hard time letting go and walking away. . After almost 5 years i don't it will easy for him do what you say it would be nice.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-3-2011 05:52     Subject: 5x06 Enemy of My Enemy

Sam steeling the CIA glasses was amusing but the way Fiona and Madeline got access to the facial recognition computer was great
Author: bala    Time: 8-5-2011 02:47     Subject: Beseiged

Well this was average episode so much for saving little guy
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-5-2011 04:59     Subject: Reply 55#55 bala's post

I actually rather enjoyed this episode.  We got to saving the little dude.  They went against a malitia and that's always fun!!!     The scaredy guy with Mr Pickles was amusing but mostly it was Mr. Pickles.
Author: bala    Time: 8-5-2011 05:46     Subject: Reply 56#56 arksongbird80's post

Well it nice to have a change and at least next week is better Fiona ex coming to Miami
Author: sanggye    Time: 8-5-2011 14:15     Subject: Reply 57#57 bala's post

I liked this episode.  This is the Burn Notice that I like, he helped the mother and at the same time helped the father.  He then also worked on his own case with the mistaken identity.
Author: bala    Time: 8-12-2011 03:00     Subject: Hard Out

Well another good episode and Michel was lucky he was able convince the bad guy into believing him and what way for them to get him in custody
Author: sanggye    Time: 8-13-2011 10:04     Subject: Reply 59#59 bala's post

It was interesting the way that they took over the whole island security
Author: bala    Time: 8-13-2011 10:10     Subject: Reply 60#60 sanggye's post

Well it was a smart move knocking out communication satellite.
Author: sanggye    Time: 8-13-2011 15:44     Subject: Reply 61#61 bala's post

Yea it was, but Jesse did the real work by commanding the men
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2011 01:06     Subject: 5x07 Beseiged

Some of Sam's abbreviations for the bad guy's are funny like E.N.I.C. extremist nut-bag in charge but getting the father to put black bags on the window was a little corny and making Zechariah look like an idiot was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-14-2011 01:52     Subject: 5x08 Hard Out

The way they duped Vanderwaal on the island and then tricked him into killing his boss was great but disarming them at the airfield was priceless
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-19-2011 05:34     Subject: Eye for an Eye

I really enjoyed the twist when Jesse takes on a security case only to find a "client" and thwart the original client.  

Also, seems to be getting rocky in the Love nest?!?!

We need to settle this "michael, someone is framing him" nonsence.  Get back to basics.  We didn't even see Maddie this episode.  
Author: bala    Time: 8-19-2011 05:40     Subject: Reply 65#65 arksongbird80's post

Well he lost a paying job for that client but it was good episode but i had feeling he would get killed but they got another name
Author: sanggye    Time: 8-19-2011 15:18     Subject: Reply 66#66 bala's post

Decent episode, liked the whole illusion glass thing and Michael and his other personas, he does a crazy guy good!
Author: bala    Time: 8-19-2011 21:37     Subject: Reply 67#67 sanggye's post

I like how he thinks on his feet with unexpected situations.
Author: bala    Time: 8-26-2011 10:44     Subject: Army of One

Well so much for Michel thinking it was an easy job but i love Madeline was involved
Author: sanggye    Time: 8-26-2011 17:06     Subject: Reply 69#69 bala's post

I tried to get into this episode, but seeing Michael T. Weiss, just made me wish The Pretender was still back on.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-29-2011 16:00     Subject: 5x09 Eye For An Eye

Nice recovery of the mission after the first failed attempt and the look on his face when he seen who was behind the stalking was great but Lucien was a hard nut to crack
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-30-2011 03:18     Subject: 5x10 Army of One

It felt strange having two actors from The Pretender in the last two episodes and Madeline did a great job in helping Michael
Author: bala    Time: 9-2-2011 12:44     Subject: Better Halves

Well it was about time she figured out Michael was the one it's going be interesting season finale
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-2-2011 18:56     Subject: Reply 73#73 bala's post

This is going to be real interesting.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-8-2011 09:43     Subject: Reply 73#73 bala's post

This is leading up to a great summer final
Author: bala    Time: 9-9-2011 11:20

Well i should of seen that twist coming he really can't get a break

But he's very smart but i really do hope he's the last one ?
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-9-2011 13:55     Subject: Reply 76#76 bala's post

I know it's the model of the show but when the newest bad guy had another thing to hang over mikes head....  I really liked that his story line went to far back in the show, but as soon as I heard he was the bad guy I thought, "man not another one..."      Poor Mike can't get a break, or his burn off his head and I honestly can't figure why he's still in Miami.  He could probably leave now don't ya think?

Hmm I still love the stow, but grrr  man!   Let mike have a break!!
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-9-2011 14:36     Subject: Reply 77#77 arksongbird80's post

wouldn't be burn notice if he wasn't still burned, and I think he is stuck in Miami, until the show ends.  I had a feeling about that guy, that something wasn't up.  I thought he was working with Larry.  Now 3 more months before we see.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-12-2011 02:59     Subject: 5x12 Dead To Rights

The look on Larry's face before Fiona killed him was great and the new bad guy was a great way to end the summer season
Author: sanggye    Time: 11-5-2011 17:09     Subject: 5x13 Damned If You Do

Michael having some tough decisions to make, too bad he can't just goto his handler and tell the truth.
Author: bala    Time: 11-6-2011 00:31     Subject: Reply 80#80 sanggye's post

Yeah well it will be interesting see how far he goes ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-8-2011 13:04     Subject: Reply 80#80 sanggye's post

Sam and Jesse teaching Madeline to retrieve information from the police was impressive and the fags came in useful to cover what she put in her bag
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2011 04:15     Subject: Breaking Point

Well Michael has done it now but i liked how he got gang leader take out his gang by a phone call
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-17-2011 09:43     Subject: Reply 83#83 bala's post

Getting Dion to make the call with his own phone was impressive and what Fiona had to do to plant the tracker on Fullerton's car was great but the kid's faces were amusing
Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2011 08:32     Subject: Necessary Evil

Well i have say Micheal had tough case but Madeline planting bug was great but she should stick around after what happened.
Author: sanggye    Time: 11-18-2011 15:46     Subject: Reply 85#85 bala's post

Poor Madeline, that is a really lousy thing, I hope when they catch this guy, they just put a bullet to his head.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-24-2011 12:26     Subject: Reply 85#85 bala's post

It's a good job Madeline found the folder herself because i don't think she would of allowed Michael to plant the bug otherwise but tragic she had to witness that explosion and getting the African warlord to agree to blowing up the missile was great
Author: bala    Time: 12-2-2011 03:18     Subject: Depth Perception

Well getting his help provided insight into Micheal but finding out Anson killed his dad was a surprise.
Author: sanggye    Time: 12-3-2011 09:30     Subject: Reply 88#88 bala's post

Well now Anson has both taken out  Fiona and Sam
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 12-4-2011 15:16     Subject: Reply 88#88 bala's post

this guy is super good or super lucky.  I can't figure if I like him or hate his guts to a killing degree.  He seems to have been in Michael's life for a long time.  What's the point of that?  hmm   He has his money, why's he still around?
Author: bala    Time: 12-5-2011 01:20     Subject: Reply 90#90 arksongbird80's post

Because Micheal has exposure him as you know before he was living in secrets but thanks Micheal past investigation into who burnt him he is forced to get Micheal stop it but covering up his tracks.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 12-5-2011 08:11     Subject: Reply 91#91 bala's post

there is that....
Author: sanggye    Time: 12-5-2011 13:18     Subject: Reply 92#92 arksongbird80's post

Well it all started with how he got agents to join his organization, he got them burned.  Unlike previous agents, Michael didn't want to work with the organization and continued to look for the one's who burned him, when he found out it was the group trying to get him to work for them, he took them down.  Now Anson, has no organization, no agents, so by using blackmail and Michael's attachment to his family and friends, he has an agent now.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-6-2011 13:46     Subject: Reply 88#88 bala's post

Michael needs to up his game being outsmarted by the Russian spy is bad but the way Anson is running rings around him is annoying
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 12-7-2011 05:28

I agree!  
Author: bala    Time: 12-10-2011 09:52     Subject: Acceptable Loss

Well that was one hell of a sacrifice that guy was willing to do get the bad guy. Anson bring organisation back from the ahes should make interesting season finale.
Author: sanggye    Time: 12-10-2011 14:39     Subject: Reply 96#96 bala's post

He wanted for his life to have meaning and felt guilty for all the deaths that he felt a part of because of not being able to stop it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-13-2011 13:36     Subject: Reply 96#96 bala's post

The way Fiona got the Ferrari to go were she wanted was impressive and that was some sacrifice to get him arrested
Author: bala    Time: 12-16-2011 11:41     Subject: Fail Safe

Well i have to say i really expecting Dean Cain to be working with Anson as he was obvious choice but the women was good twist we knew Anson would have some on the team that working for him. Fiona really had no choice how people will Micheal have burn to get Anson so turn herself in was her only option.
Author: sanggye    Time: 12-16-2011 17:26     Subject: Reply 99#99 bala's post

Well that sucks.  Wow can't they ever end on a happy note, and now we have to wait 7 months to find out what happens.  Well Michael can come somewhat clean now, something he should have done from the beginning

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0