Board logo

Subject: Single Ladies Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 6-1-2011 10:22     Subject: Single Ladies Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

"Single Ladies" is a comedic drama about Val, Keisha, and April - three best friends with different philosophies on sex and relationships.

Val ( Stacey Dash) is an ambitious aspiring fashion mogul who wants to find a true partner. Keisha (LisaRaye McCoy), on the other hand, is a former video dancer just looking for a rich man to keep her in style. April (Charity Shea,) has supposedly found the perfect man and the perfect marriage - but is learning that marriage isn't necessarily a happy ending.

"Single Ladies" is a modern, sexy series set in the world of Atlanta fashion, music, and celebrity that will constantly explore which woman has the right approach to relationships.

Homepage
Author: bala    Time: 6-2-2011 00:50

Well this was 90 minutes episode and i admit it took a while for the show to get going it really pick up 20 minutes in than it slow down later and you can see changes happen during the episode like how the character dialogue changed during the episode. For VH1 first time proper series this wasn't half bad.

Val, i kind of felt sorry for her finding out after 5 years the man she was with didn't love her and only reason he was with her was because he comfortable with her. What a way for her finding out who he was engaged to. I like she remained single and it would been interesting if she was pregnant.   

April, This girl i didn't like how she could cheat on her sweet husband is beyond me . I kind of wished he found out  about her and mayor .

Keisha, wow what a player but it look like she finally found a man who can handle her and it's a shame she was blackmailed into stealing one of his watches .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-3-2011 11:03     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

Quinn walking out on Val was to easy after five years and you would feel sorry for her and that was a terrible way to find out who he was engaged too but at leased she had the last laugh and Keisha cooking breakfast was amusing but god help her if he finds out she stole the watch and April using Val's pregnancy as an excuse for why she was so long in the toilet was cruel because it got back to Quinn but i cant believe she used her again for an excuse
Author: bala    Time: 6-3-2011 11:32     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I wasn't sure if you were planning on watching this . The preview at end with what going to happen looks great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-3-2011 11:36     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

I was pleasantly surprised that these music channels are creating some good programs
Author: bala    Time: 6-3-2011 11:42     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

You could tell this series was produced by a music channel the amount of music they used was crazy. i was a bit worried this show might not be your taste because of rap music they played throughout the episode. like you i was surprised that it was good program.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2011 11:43     Subject: 1x02 Episode 2

The guy on Val's first online date was a bit of a character and April got what was coming after she was all over the news but you could tell that Val on the bull was rigged but what the guy said afterwords was out of line and the silence at the end was funny because they had nothing else to talk about
Author: bala    Time: 6-11-2011 10:22     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well that was amusing at least he was honest and April got what she deserved and i don't think he should forgive her. The ending was amusing .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-16-2011 00:56     Subject: Indecent Proposal

I was impressed with the way the rebellious new intern, Christina got the job and also how she got the girl to pay her bill but Keisha's indecent proposal was amusing but it's a good job she gave the money back, Val's deal breaker with Blake was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 6-18-2011 04:44     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes i like that intern she got customer to pay . Yes Val's deal breaker was amusing i mean do women expect a man to go down ?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2011 08:50     Subject: Confidence Games

Val with more dates than she can handle was amusing but the way she organised them was impressive and it's a shame that dessert for two ended with the whole family, April receiving a shocking birthday surprise from Darryl should of been expected but going after half her trust fund was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2011 04:57     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

i think it was for the best she was honest but what would you do if someone told you, they thought you were smothers them and controlled everything you do and maybe timing was a bit bad for her birthday present he could of waited a day to give give it to her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-28-2011 11:17     Subject: That's What Friends Are For

I had a felling Christina would mess up but that was priceless and Val's date not getting it was amusing but i do like the chemistry between Val and K.C. Christina getting caught a second time so soon after the first was stupid and what Malcolm did after hooking up with Keisha was cruel
Author: bala    Time: 7-3-2011 07:51     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Yeah what a amusing place to do it in front of the shop window . Malcolm and Val are as bad as each other .
Author: bala    Time: 7-5-2011 02:57     Subject: Episode 6

Well so much for man cleanse but Daryl is becoming a huge ass i get that he hurt but he has really changed and what surprise ending for Val
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-5-2011 11:20     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

Old Dogs, New Tricks
I'm surprised Christina still has a job but April should of closed her bank accounts before Daryl spends all her money and how could Val say no to a date with the guy who payed her bill but what was said on the TV about Val was funny
Author: bala    Time: 7-5-2011 11:23

Quote:
how could Val say no to a date with the guy who payed her bill
Because she doesn't need his money and she felt like he paying her to go out with her which she didn't like .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-6-2011 11:14

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2011 06:43     Subject: Take Me to the Next Phase

Well after lesbian revelation on TV Val has face up to all the teasing .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2011 14:20     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

I cant believe April would take such a huge gamble by investing her own money in Reed's career considering the way he has behaved so far and small world with Keisha helping Malcolm's sister out of a dangerous situation
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2011 22:29     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Were you little creep out when Reed crawled into her bed and started molesting her while she was sleeping.?
Author: bala    Time: 7-19-2011 07:15     Subject: Episode 8

What was Quinn thinking telling val that he made a mistake after all he has done to her but asking her ask her new boyfriend not trade him was crazy. I had feeling April relation with professor was going end badly. She really should be careful.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-21-2011 02:37     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

1x08 Lost Without You
What the professor did to Christina was cruel and a little childish, all because she dumped him and Malcolm was out of order having a go at Keisha for what his brother did but  the true story behind his brothers prison sentence was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 7-26-2011 07:26     Subject: Episode 9

Well reed sleeping DJ to play his record was wrong but April getting jealous was amusing but she was right it's not right and Val boyfriend really showed how look after a women, i learnt something new
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2011 13:31     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

1x09 Can't Hide Love

April getting jealous was funny but as Reed said he would of done it anyway and the girls talking about their first times was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 8-1-2011 23:48

Single Ladies
VH1 has renewed its first hour-long scripted drama.

Source

Author: bala    Time: 8-2-2011 09:42     Subject: Everything Ain't What It Seems

Val really has no luck men i knew 3some would be a bad idea
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2011 01:07     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

For some reason i was expecting the 3 some with Christina to include two guys but it was a bad idea nethertheless unless she flipped the tables on him with two guys and ignored him
Author: bala    Time: 8-10-2011 23:49     Subject: is this the end

Now Val at start you had nothing and now you got 2 marriage proposals and look Khesha has lost Malcolm i never trusted him and now she left all by herself. I am glad that  April work it out with  the divorce
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-18-2011 15:32     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

I thought Jerry did the right thing at the start because Val would of resented it in the future and what a way to end the season with him changing his mind but the double proposal was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-22-2012 00:45     Subject: Single Ladies Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premieres May 28, 2012

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-22-2012 00:46

Author: bala    Time: 5-22-2012 00:58

Wow completely forgot about this show

look like Vive gone
Author: bala    Time: 5-29-2012 06:52     Subject: Slave to Love

Well i have say i am not sure if i like good girl on the show but you just knew she would walk on her fiancer doing another women and leave. As for rest of the episode i don't know why she left the show but it won't be the same without her and if this season get canned you can certainly blame new girl
Author: bala    Time: 6-6-2012 05:24     Subject: I Didn't Mean to Turn You On

Well what an interesting way to meet a guy but seriously i can't believe he got see her exposed before their first date but way she reacted when saw who was examine her was amusing but he did seem too obsessed with her VJ. . When girls asked her to show i was like seriously
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2012 14:50     Subject: 2x01 Slave to Love

Raquel did the right thing in letting everyone know what Victor had been doing up stairs and I'm surprised Val is not coming back as she was one of the main characters plus what happened to Christina
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-9-2012 23:58     Subject: 2x02 I Didn't Mean to Turn You on

April's encounter with Dr was interesting but going on a date after thigh locking his head was a surprise and then showing her honey pot in the shop was amusing but the gift for her honey pot was going to far
Author: bala    Time: 6-20-2012 08:16     Subject: Ex Factor

Not sure what to make of this episode because things keep going around but dating a stripper should be interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-25-2012 00:56     Subject: 2x03 No Ordinary Love

Keisha having sex with Malcolm and then walking away was great it's just a shame she folded so easy when he turned up at her place but the way Keisha got rid of train wreak was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-25-2012 01:37     Subject: 2x04 Ex Factor

The girls and Omar looking through the window as April secretly dates the stripper on his bike was amusing and I'm glad we found out why April was getting the cold shoulder at the ball
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-5-2012 11:41     Subject: 2x05 The Fabric of Our Lives

Keisha losing big in the poker game was interesting and it looks like Malcolm rigged the rematch and I like the way Omar stood up for himself
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-5-2012 12:45     Subject: 2x06 Deuces

Raquel falling off the skateboard was priceless but being wooed by the younger man from next door was predictable, April being the handler for the rebellious R&B singer was interesting but what happened in the hotel room was amusing and i cant believe she rang his mother to get him in line
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-12-2012 09:00     Subject: 2x07 Eat, Play, Love

Raquel dating two men was interesting but the way she made the guy from the car shop work for a dinner date was amusing and I had a feeling Keisha getting involved with the guy dressed as a British military officer would back fire but him actually being a janitor was funny
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2012 08:23     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Yeah i love when that was reveal being a janitor but it was good move
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-19-2012 05:03     Subject: 2x08 Is This Love

Raquel discovering that dating two men can pose complications was bound to happen but them both meeting outside the Indian restaurant was funny and what daughter would steal from a shop her mother had applied to work at, Keisha saying no glove no love in the heat of the moment was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 7-19-2012 05:12     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes but i liked that men were civil to each other instead of getting jealous
Author: bala    Time: 7-28-2012 04:08     Subject: The Business of Friendship

Well this episode proves certainly people are better as friends than being boyfriend/girlfriend and Omar getting rejected was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2012 14:20     Subject: 2x09 The Business of Friendship

What a saw looser at jenga but I did like the way Raquel rubbed it in and Nicolette pretending not to know Taylor was amusing but Omar being turned down by the delivery guy was priceless
Author: bala    Time: 7-31-2012 08:30     Subject: Fast Love

Well i have say there a lot relationship going on but landing in the pool during auction was rather amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2012 02:20     Subject: 2x10 Fast Love

April's fake orgasm was amusing and Malcolm worming his way back into Keisha's life was disappointing but the look on her face makes you think she is using him and how did Raquel fix that smoke alarm to go off, Taylor's face at the pool was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-8-2012 05:56     Subject: 2x11 Stormy Weather

Raquel should of known better than to get in a lift during a storm but at leased she had someone to distract her but saying thank you was funny and Keisha committing to Sean only to find he has been with Veronica while she made up her mind was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-17-2012 15:15     Subject: 2x12 All or Nothing

Raquel having Omar back after being played by the guy trying to get his gear into the boutique was nice
Author: bala    Time: 8-23-2012 08:21     Subject: Single Ladies' renewed by VH1 for third season

Single Ladies has been renewed for a third season by VH1.

The Queen Latifah-produced drama, which wraps its second run on August 27, will return for another season in 2013.

Single Ladies follows the lives of three best friends - LisaRaye McCoy (Keisha), Denise Vasi (Raquel) and Charity Shea (April) as they navigate the dating world in Atlanta, Georgia.

Vasi replaced series lead Stacy Dash, who left the show after the first season.

VH1's Executive Vice President of Original Programming & Production Jeff Olde said: "Our viewers' love affair with Single Ladies got even bigger this year, growing significantly from its successful first season and dominating its timeslot on basic cable.

"We're extremely happy that we'll be able to give the audience another great season of the series and its honest, current take on love, dating and female friendship."

Single Ladies was basic cable's number one scripted series among women this summer.

Source
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-25-2012 07:06     Subject: 2x13 Still in Love With You

Keisha's phone call was creepy "karmas a bitch" I wonder what she has done to him but what a pussy not being man enough to do it face to face but the guy at the gala was a little to obvious to actually be the stalker and the girls reaction to Reggie's spar day was amusing, Omar not being impressed about the jokes being told about him was priceless and Keisha was mad to bail on Sean for Malcolm because he used his only call to ring her when she could of rang someone else to bail him out
Author: bala    Time: 9-1-2012 01:41     Subject: Finally

So we find out who Keisha stalker was that women was crazy and what an interesting way to end the season with so many unanswered questions
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-10-2012 09:40     Subject: 2x14 Finally

Omar asking April to slap him was amusing especially considering he was only joking and trust the two guys he is dating to be brothers, what a lucky break that Keisha was on video chat when she was about to be attacked but glad she stuck the boot in and Morgan's offer to be wife number four was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2014 15:29     Subject: Single Ladies Season 3 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 3 Premieres January 06, 2014

Discuss Anything About Season 3 Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2014 15:30

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2014 15:34

Author: bala    Time: 1-7-2014 07:19     Subject: One Wedding and a Funeral

A nice surprise to wake up find out a new episode was available and same old story lines .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-7-2014 15:51     Subject: 3x01 One Wedding and a Funeral

April working for Felicia is going to be interesting as she comes across as a real bitch and Malcolm and his brother having their father will contested was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2014 14:09     Subject: 3x02 Where There’s a Will

You can understand Malcolm being pissed his fathers so called wife is contesting the will and the fact she didn't want to go public because of her career until after his death was annoying but playing the brothers is going to get messy, Raquel trying to seek new investment partners was interesting as they were sabotaged by a so called stranger who just happened to be rich
Author: bala    Time: 1-17-2014 07:11     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Well Keisha finding that photo and hiding it was interesting.

I can't believe April fell for that trick new guy did to her on first day
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2014 03:19     Subject: 3x03 The Girl Most Likely To…

April winning the battle with David over the new client was amusing and teasing him was priceless and Raquel having the contract before the deal had been set was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 1-23-2014 08:33     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well it was ok episode but burning that photo and put that women on administrative leave put push her . Glad April went to source to get artist
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2014 09:25     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

You can understand why he burnt the photo as he don't want her getting any of his fathers estate which looks like she's entitled too
Author: bala    Time: 1-23-2014 09:50     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yes but there must be negative out there for that photo
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2014 11:08     Subject: 3x04 A Cut Above

I hope working with Felicia is worth all the hassle as she is one hard ass woman and trust Keisha to mention the photo to Sean
Author: bala    Time: 1-29-2014 11:22     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Well  Raquel was really nervous about that meeting with Chinese distributor but her partner treating him like human being was amusing because it got deal done   .

Why is no matter where April goes she ends up picking a man
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-4-2014 11:31     Subject: 3x05 Show-Stopper

Ben getting arrested while on lunch with April was amusing but Naomi and Sean making their next move was interesting as they seem to have the upper-hand for now
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2014 10:26     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Well i am glad Omar got his sister back and it took her child to realise that
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-12-2014 06:30     Subject: 3x06 Walk the Walk

I'm glad Omar didn't bite off more than he can chew with designing Felicia's dress and being offered the job of her exclusive designer was great but having to leave the others would be a tough call, Raquel and Terrence getting closer after the fashion show was a little predictable but him brushing her off was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 2-16-2014 10:28     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Well i like that April actually got some advice from Felica about her job and to be honest i felt that she really gave her some good advice she wants best in people and she knows she has tough to get that
Author: bala    Time: 2-20-2014 07:33     Subject: Ask Me No Questions

April trying cover both of her friend was amusing but she still can't resist him can she
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-23-2014 08:31     Subject: 3x07 Ask Me No Questions

It looks like Malcolm's past is going to get him in trouble and is Omar making Felicia more likeable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-1-2014 11:03     Subject: 3x08 Tell You No Lies

Deacon also being behind Naomi's marriage to Malcolm's father was an interesting revelation and Grant asking Raquel to be his sexual mistress was amusing but Deacon tricking Raquel was disturbing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-11-2014 12:33     Subject: 3x09 Cat and Mouse

April seeing Keith's wife with the other guy was unfortunate and the guy's rescuing Raquel was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2014 13:05     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yes but would she still want to be in business with them after what happened ?

Granted it wasn't any of them fault but that bounds to make her question whether it safe ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-11-2014 13:05     Subject: 3x10 Game On

Keisha hiring her own bodyguard was understandable but what about the other as Deacon isn't going to let it drop but being found dead so soon was a shock, Raquel and Terrence try to keep their romance a secret was unusual as there was no reason to keep it quiet but not being able to keep their hands off each-other was amusing, the girl overhearing Felica may of been a blessing in disguise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2014 09:53     Subject: 3x11 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Terrence paying Raquel a booty call but gone in the morning was amusing and Omar's fashion range for Felicia being copied was surprising, I though Keisha overhearing Malcolm was right to be pissed but what he had planed was awesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2014 10:21     Subject: 3x12 Last Dance

Felicia sending April on an out-of-town mission couldn't of come at a worse time with Keisha getting married but at leased she had fun and did she get married, Omar trying to get Raquel and Felicia to work together was interesting as they are both independent ladies and Naomi spoiling the engagement party was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2015 05:10

SINGLE LADIES RETURNS MARCH 18 on CENTRIC

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0