Board logo

Subject: A Gifted Man Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-2-2011 15:37     Subject: A Gifted Man Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A Gifted Man Premieres on CBS on September 23, 2011

A GIFTED MAN is a drama about a brilliant, charismatic surgeon whose life changes forever when his deceased ex-wife begins teaching him the meaning of life from the "hereafter." Michael Holt (Patrick Wilson) is an exceptional doctor who lives a materialistic life of luxury thanks to his work-obsessed career and powerful and wealthy patients; however, Michael's ordered world is rocked when his ex-wife, Anna (Jennifer Ehle), an idealistic free-clinic doctor and the love of his life, mysteriously appears to him. Michael's off-beat sister, Christina (Julie Benz), a single mom to her teenaged son, Milo (Liam Aiken), is thrilled that Anna's back in her brother's life, even as an "illusion," because Michael was always a better person with her. Curious about Michael's sudden change in behavior is his efficient assistant, Rita (Margo Martindale). When Anna asks Michael to go to her clinic to help keep it running, he meets Autumn (Afton Williamson), a volunteer carrying on Anna's work with the underprivileged. Touched by those in need and accepting of Anna's compassionate "presence," Michael's attitude toward serving the rich and poor is turned upside down, and he begins to see that there's room in his life for everyone. Academy Award nominee Susannah Grant ("Erin Brockovich"), Academy Award winner Jonathan Demme ("The Silence of the Lambs"), Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Neal Baer ("ER") are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About A Gifted Man Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-23-2011 15:37 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-2-2011 15:37

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-25-2011 03:06     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

The hallucinations were interesting at the start but after the MRI i thought it was amusing and what the tennis girl and her father was doing to get into the record books was crazy
Author: bala    Time: 9-25-2011 03:08     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

i can't believe tennis girl was so obsessed with the record as well but she risked her health by lying to him and she didn't care.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-30-2011 01:44

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-5-2011 10:28     Subject: 1x02 In Case of All Hell Breaking Loose

That was a close call with the pregnant woman about to have an x ray but how tragic to find a brain tumor, what a tough call wife the wife wanting him to save the baby but the husband wanting the oposite and i would of lied to Anton just to get rid of him
Author: bala    Time: 10-9-2011 10:38     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I felt that this was a better episode than pilot i really underestimate how much drama was going to happen in this show. The cases really open a lot of good discussion. The pregnant women really wanted the baby and husband wanted to save her. i am glad the father came back at end
Author: bala    Time: 10-9-2011 10:40     Subject: In Case of Discomfort

Well this was another good episode but he really should dismissed that women he interview i loved how he beg her at the end she says she will think about it. You have wonder how he keep dealing all ANNA patient and i am not surprised he was fed up. I also realise that he changing as the episode progress.

ps: The start sleeping with that women to get top 10 spot was amusing never thought he was like that i waiting Anna pop in but she didn't.

[ Last edited by bala at 10-9-2011 18:42 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-12-2011 07:33     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I liked the way Rita said she had his patients in a holding pattern after seeing Carol the pilot and the way he thought Anna got his attention with the ball was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 10-15-2011 06:40     Subject: In Case of Separation Anxiety

Well i have say having a car crash into clinic was lucky thing for daughter find a rare brain tumour. I like how he getting used to Anna being around .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2011 11:56     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

It was nice that Anton was able to help Samir with the voice of his twin and the girl in the freak car accident was lucky
Author: bala    Time: 10-19-2011 12:06     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

This is most fascinating show I am watching because it really stretchers your imagination as what you believe in?. Is he crazy , does he have a brain tumour or can he really see ghost along with crazy patient illness. it's not traditional medical drama.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2011 12:10     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

It does stretch your imagination and with Samir having a similar problem with the voice's in his head which was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 10-19-2011 12:19     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

The difference was that we were given a reasonable and scientific explanation for the voices but you have to wonder whether surgery was necessary since it didn't get rid of voices but what Anton did get rid of the voice was a surprise.
Author: bala    Time: 10-22-2011 09:24     Subject: In Case of Memory Loss

Well it does seem like common theme that patient from free clinic will always need his help but guy shooting his girlfriend was unexpected i really couldn't believe it when it happened. That father trying control his daughter bound lead problems.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2011 02:43     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

Anna asking Michael if he can still see her and then saying good I'm not crazy i thought was funny and if Kate hadn't lied about the boy he would of died and what a thing to say  "why won't you love me" before shooting her
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2011 04:42     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I think she has a good response because you shot me
Author: bala    Time: 11-6-2011 00:44     Subject: A Gifted Man 1x06

Well this is a ok episode but shame about football player
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-8-2011 17:49

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-9-2011 06:11     Subject: 1x06 In Case of Memory Loss

Michael recognising Donnie the former football star was lucky that he was there with the idiot George from the football game but sad that he couldn't help Donnie and what happened to Chloe's friend was tragic
Author: bala    Time: 11-12-2011 12:30     Subject: In Case of Loss of Control

Well another good episode thinking he killed Anna when he didn't was good but he did have tough decision to make whether he would do the operation and i am glad e made the right decision.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-17-2011 11:58     Subject: 1x07 In Case of Exposure

What Chief Hawthorne did to get Gemma to see Michael was nice and what Ben said about the hit and run, did sound like it was Anna he was talking about but that would of been a freaky coincidence
Author: bala    Time: 11-20-2011 02:46     Subject: In Case of Missed Communication

Not knowing the homeless guy on the bus DNR but at least he got see his daughter. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-24-2011 14:57     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

How can they be blame for resuscitating the DNR patient with his bracelet in his coat pocket and how sad that Rita's surprise Thanksgiving reunion turns out to be a disaster but lying about his living will was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-30-2011 19:36

Author: bala    Time: 12-3-2011 13:15     Subject: In Case of Abnormal Rhythm

Sad episode we knew eventually we would death of a patient but to get married just as she died was sad.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-7-2011 08:12     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

I thought Rachel would never get to speak to her mother, Elinor again after their argument and how tragic for Julia but the experimental treatment would of been worth the risk
Author: bala    Time: 1-7-2012 11:22     Subject: In Case of a Bolt from the Blue

Talking about having peminention about being operated on but i liked he had operated on in clinic and boy who we thought was faking ended up actually being hit by lighting was great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-7-2012 13:46     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

They always say doctors make the worst patients but what an idiot Michael was by not speaking up earlier and the poor kid thinking God is now bullying him was sad but he was lucky to survive the bolt from the blue
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2012 15:42

Author: bala    Time: 1-14-2012 09:52     Subject: In Case of (Re)Birth

Well it was nice the grandmother was able take care of the baby .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2012 06:46     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

The grandmother being able take care of her grandson was nice considering how young Lucky was when he died
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2012 20:34

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-8-2012 10:35     Subject: 1x12 In Case of Blind Spots

Kate and Michael both having unusual cases was interesting but Kate being her mentor and having missed the track marks was unfortunate but sad that she did it for Kate and what she has done for her
Author: bala    Time: 2-8-2012 10:42     Subject: Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

Yeah it rather shame she did for her and not for herself
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-13-2012 18:27

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-16-2012 03:44     Subject: 1x13 In Case of Complications

It was obvious that Michael's evidence in court would have consequences from the grieving families but i thought it would be the husband and not the wife who would go after him, the text from Kate's phone was clever and the distraction was impressive but Anton getting shot was unfortunate

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-16-2012 11:46 ]
Author: bala    Time: 2-20-2012 07:48     Subject: In Case of Co-Dependents

Well having pop star guest star was interesting but i wasn't impressed with her.  Having both patient from his both job have similar symptom really help disgnise the carbon monoxide poisoning.  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-20-2012 22:41

Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2012 11:07     Subject: In Case of Letting Go

Well he finally kissed her about time but her reaction was amusing she was surprised but she didn't say anything.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-25-2012 14:33     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

The young girl seeing the ghost of her grandmother and similar symptoms to the spoiled pop star was interesting but who would of thought they were linked by the same house and how Anton has changed since being shot was bizarre
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-25-2012 15:17     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Michael has done well to keep Anna's ghost a secret from everyone but with him looking like he is talking to himself how much longer can he keep her a secret and what happened to his high school sweetheart was sad and was the kiss to keep here quiet
Author: bala    Time: 3-8-2012 06:16     Subject: In Case of Heart Failure

Well this was rather sad after all that she died
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-10-2012 13:19     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

What a freaky coincidence the patient had Anna's heart but dying after the car accident was tragic and what a bad time to talk to Kate about the kiss with Anna in the room and the way Rita got their patients mother to change her mind about the girlfriend was nice
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-19-2017 13:10

This was a nice series. It had steady ratings but to low for CBS.....especially for a first season.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0