Board logo

Subject: Prime Suspect Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-2-2011 16:32     Subject: Prime Suspect Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Prime Suspect Premieres on NBC on September 22, 2011

If being a homicide detective in New York isn't tough enough, having to contend with a male-dominated police department to get respect makes it that much tougher. And that's exactly what Jane Timoney has to do. She's an outsider who was just transferred to a new precinct where a fraternity of cops isn't willing to give her the benefit of the doubt - especially given the way they think she got the job after an illicit affair with her boss.

Jane is by no means perfect, and with her own vices and questionable past she can be forceful, willful, rude, and downright reckless. She's also a brilliant cop with an uncanny ability to see what others miss, and get inside a criminal's head like no one else. While she wouldn't admit it, she wants the respect of the men in her life - including her commanding officer, her fellow detectives, and her complicated boyfriend and his young son - but above all, she keeps her eye on one thing: the prime suspect.

From director Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights) comes the re-imagining of the British television hit starring Maria Bello (The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, A History of Violence, The Cooler) as the tough-as-nails detective who doesn't know when to quit.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Prime Suspect Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 8-3-2011 01:45 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-2-2011 16:33

Author: bala    Time: 8-2-2011 22:55

Why do i feel that this won't last past 1st season ?
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2011 12:12     Subject: Prime Suspect - Good Day at Work

Author: bala    Time: 8-31-2011 12:00     Subject: Prime Supect Extended Promo

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2011 11:55     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

This was an average start until they staked out the wrong address and then the chase was great but that was some beating Jane got trying to arrest him and on a side note in the UK when you hear police sirens you pull over and not drive head on to them
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-25-2011 03:40     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

In the US you're suppose to pull over and let them pass.....

This was okay but nothing more than just average. I bet the UK version is much better....
Author: bala    Time: 9-25-2011 11:55     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was but are we really suppose to feel sorry for her at least with the closer Brenda was hated from the start but it wasn't as bad as these guys. Did anyone else think it was a bit odd that there's only 1 female detective when on other show there are more than 1. It kind felt rather old fashioned since it's not 1990's it's 2011 i highly doubt there this much sexism in the US police department in 2011 so how do they expect us to relate to it?.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-26-2011 05:31     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

Ya know, I noticed that too....
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2011 10:22     Subject: Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

Well let see how the second episode does
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-30-2011 01:41

This has now been added to Realplayer site
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-30-2011 05:10     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Seriously.  I was just thinking I could let this one go.  The mean guy is just too mean.  The exwife about the kid is over the top.   Maria Bello is doing a great job but everything around her is just too much.  I don't like how some of the undercurrents are pushing the crime out of the storyline.
Author: bala    Time: 9-30-2011 13:03     Subject: Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

Well join the club i guess i might let this go since i have too many shows to watch this weekend.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-30-2011 16:13     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

LOL  it's not often we're on the same page show wise.  Letting go I mean...
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-2-2011 13:02     Subject: 1x02 Carnivorous Sheep

Duffy is a real pain in the ass and Jane was lucky to spot the doll on the floor but the other guy killing him self when he knew the child was safe was pointless but he did come close to hurting the other girl
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-2-2011 15:00     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I am probably not going to watch this show, the trailer looked pretty lame and the posts here make it seem like it is not worth my time.
I did however want to reply to an earlier post of yours. The trailer stated that there are only 6,000 detectives in the NYPD.
Since there are approximately 36,000 police officers in the entire NYPD, and women make up only 15% of that number. That's about 5,400 female officers total, most of who are not detectives. The NYPD has 76 precincts scattered throughout the 5 burrows, and each precinct has different detective units (squads), homicide, vice, special victims, robbery, etc... Plus the detective command divisions, and the citywide detective units. It makes sense that not all units (including homicide), will have a female detective in it. I actually feel the writers doing this, makes it more realistic than shows that have a female on every squad just because it is politically correct.

My brother-in law is a NYC mounted cop, believe me there is a lot of sexism in the NYPD, in fact there is a lot of sexism in most police depts. especially metropolitan police depts. When a woman is added to an all male squad, she will be given a much harder time than a man. Even newly added men are given a hard time, but nothing like woman are. Most woman in the police dept. don't want to rock the boat and cry sexual harassment, unless they want to be frozen out and not have their backs watched. For the most part, women put up with it until they prove that they are a valued member of the squad and can carry their own weight.  In the case of this woman, having the members of the squad believe that she got the job by laying on her back, it may take a long while before she earns their trust. It may not be right, but it is just the way it is.

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-7-2011 04:31     Subject: 1X03

This episode was so much better.  Mostly because it was all about solving the case and not about the squad being jerks.  

The robbery, good side story line, but it kinda fizzled....
Author: yogina101    Time: 10-7-2011 12:12     Subject: prime suspect not working?

For some reason, this show isn't working for me.  Anyone else having this problem?
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2011 12:18     Subject: Reply 16#16 gypsiegirl66's post

Wow sorry i didn't respond sooner just been busy for last couple of weeks but i am surprised at what you stated because Equal opportunities in work place  i thought that this wasn't a problem in police force. . I suppose i don't know facts i just basis my opinion of tv shows like the closer and castle and the mentalist etc.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-11-2011 10:57     Subject: 1x03 Bitch

Jane trying to be nice to Reg on the phone after what her partner said was funny and all of them trying to prove Malcolm's alibi was a lie was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2011 10:10

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-2-2011 21:02  
Duffy is a real pain in the ass and Jane was lucky to spot the doll on the floor but the other guy killing him self when he knew the child was safe was pointless but he did come close to hurting the o ...
I felt that was sad it did look like he trying but i am not surprised he did kill himself but it was rather sad that the cop made him do that and how they justified it was sad.
Author: bala    Time: 10-15-2011 09:24     Subject: Gone to Pieces

Not a very interesting episode it was rather average but ex-wife trying uninvited her to her kids birthday party was mean. I used the flash site since real player links are not working.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2011 07:04     Subject: 1x04 Great Guy, Yet Dead

Allowing the kid to jump was a bad idea but the way they described his fall was amusing
Author: bwestbroker    Time: 10-26-2011 19:28     Subject: Unattractive lead

I wish they'd do SOMETHING to make this woman less unattractive.They have destroyed any possibility of liking her when they have her plop on an ugly man's hat,no makeup,hair is always crappy and yet they'd like us to believe she has a boyfriend??How about at least a middle where she isn't "scare them off "ugly?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2011 11:48     Subject: 1x05 Regrets, I've Had A Few

That one young woman had one hell of a mouth on her but when she called Reg a tomato head it was funny and they were lucky that when the kid dropped the gun it only hit the car window and who would of thought a Padiddle was a vehicle with one headlight
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-8-2011 11:57     Subject: 1x06 Shame

Allowing the wife to attack her dead husband body after she found out he was killed by a prostitute was different and Reg wiping his shoe on the suspect in the stables was amusing, the Commanders polygraph test was a great trick
Author: spratt89    Time: 11-15-2011 13:50

NBC’s ‘Prime Suspect’ To Shut Down Production

Maria Bello is hanging up her hats. NBC’s low-rated new cop drama Prime Suspect, which was left off the network’s midseason schedule, will wrap production this month. I hear that the show’s cast and crew were notified of the shutdown just as NBC was making its midseason schedule announcement yesterday afternoon. Prime Suspect will complete Episode 12, which is now wrapping filming, and Episode 13, which starts shooting this week, before shutting down for the holiday and for the season. I hear people on the show were told that Prime Suspect has been canceled. There will be no more episodes produced this season (and likely ever), but technically, according to a rep for the network, NBC brass are still “considering their options” on Prime Suspect, which hypothetically could be picked up for next season. Emphasis on hypothetically.

Source
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-15-2011 13:51     Subject: Reply 27#27 spratt89's post

I'm not surprised
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-17-2011 03:07     Subject: 1x07 Wednesday's Child

That was sad that the death of the boy at a pre-school was down to his drunk mother because he spit in her face but the nanny must of been worried because she was reluctant to leave the school
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-24-2011 08:15     Subject: 1x08 Underwater

How tragic that the parents of the young girl were found murdered in their hotel room and convincing the young girl to speak was hard work but saying grace for her food was a surprise, that road trip was some adventure and how they knew were they had the girl was not what i expected but using the phone to distract Roy was cleaver and she was lucky to survive getting shot
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2011 00:46

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-31-2011 19:48  
That one young woman had one hell of a mouth on her but when she called Reg a tomato head it was funny and they were lucky that when the kid dropped the gun it only hit the car window and who would of ...
Yeah i had a feeling that was important but i liked how she managed to find another cops squad to do raid when her captain took her men away for another case. Reg getting black eye was amusing. Nothing on watch today so i thought catch up on this show.
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2011 01:25

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-8-2011 19:57  
Allowing the wife to attack her dead husband body after she found out he was killed by a prostitute was different and Reg wiping his shoe on the suspect in the stables was amusing, the Commanders poly ...
Yeah the polograph trick was great it WAS nice trick .
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2011 03:50

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-17-2011 11:07  
That was sad that the death of the boy at a pre-school was down to his drunk mother because he spit in her face but the nanny must of been worried because she was reluctant to leave the school
Yes it was sad but these things happen everyday but i am glad she being held accountable.
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2011 04:50

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-24-2011 16:15  
How tragic that the parents of the young girl were found murdered in their hotel room and convincing the young girl to speak was hard work but saying grace for her food was a surprise, that road trip  ...
This was a great episode last 10 minutes were great
Author: bala    Time: 12-2-2011 03:17     Subject: Prime Suspect 1x09

Well this was really tough case about the mother killing guy to protect her daughter glad she was given advice on how to protect herself from going to jail.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-6-2011 14:48     Subject: 1x09 Gone to Pieces

Jane demanding the one suspect sits down only to tell him he can go was amusing but Jane giving the killer a way out for protecting her 14 year old daughter was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2011 15:21     Subject: 1x10 A Gorgeous Mosaic

Jane was right from the start about the eye witnesses but Jane and the others slapping the guy who tried to shoot them was amusing and the cop doing the interviews but pretending to be ditsy was an interesting  technique
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-23-2011 03:31     Subject: 1x11 The Great Wall of Silence

The big shot lawyer who seemed to make all the witnesses disappear was interesting but sad that the dead guy was killed for trying to do the right thing by working as an informant for the FBI
Author: bala    Time: 12-23-2011 04:10     Subject: Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

Yes it was rather sad but Jane past love life becomes an issue for current boyfriend thanks to the other guy telling him.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-23-2011 04:23     Subject: Reply 39#39 bala's post

I was half expecting him to hit Jane but why is is bothered about the guy she dated before she knew him

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-23-2011 12:29 ]
Author: bala    Time: 12-23-2011 05:05     Subject: Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

She didn't tell him plus the way she was looking at him at the party made him mad.
Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2012 03:09     Subject: Ain’t No Sunshine

Well shame little girl found a gun and accidental shot that person but gumball machine incident was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 1-24-2012 09:20     Subject: Stuck in the Middle With You

Finding out your sister is dating a cop was interesting but trying arrest that guy at end with no handcuff was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-24-2012 15:45     Subject: Reply 42#42 bala's post

That was sad having to tell the grandmother that her young granddaughter was raped and murdered and breaking the gumball machine a second time was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2012 01:00     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

I'm not surprised that Sweeney orders 24 hour a day security when a hit is ordered on Reg but having to babysit him wasn't the easiest and forgetting her handcuffs was amusing

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0