Board logo

Subject: The Big Bang Theory Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-15-2011 12:37     Subject: The Big Bang Theory Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About The Big Bang Theory Season 5-8 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 00:19 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2011 21:38     Subject: 5x01 The Skank Reflex Analysis

Who would want to be the face of hemroids but the commercial was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2011 21:58     Subject: 5x02 The Infestation Hypothesis

Sheldon's hallucinations after sitting in Penny chair was amusing but chasing him from her door with the chair was priceless and what a time for Leonard's computer to freeze, the Internet kissing gadget was weired
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-23-2011 08:50     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Poor Raj and Penny gets a acting job. Yea!
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-23-2011 09:23     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

What was weird about the device was Rag and Howard getting into it.  Sheldon fears were great but also justified it seems,  Love that Amy keeps trying to get Sheldon to do something sexual.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-24-2011 11:47     Subject: Reply 5#5 sanggye's post

I loved his dream. Thinking she had the cushion fumigated!  hahhaa

I also enjoyed the internet sex toys.

Sang: what's with the red the's?
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-24-2011 12:05     Subject: Reply 6#6 arksongbird80's post

What red The's?
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-24-2011 16:05     Subject: Reply 7#7 sanggye's post

Weird.  When I was reading it earlier all your "the's" are Red.
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-25-2011 11:20     Subject: Reply 5#5 sanggye's post

I was rewatching the episode, and after over a year wondering why Amy looked familiar, I realized she was played Blossom on the tv show Blossom.  And that in real life she has a PH.D in neuroscience
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-26-2011 04:53

I love the fact that Amy can always make Sheldon do weird and crazy thing. Sheldon thinking that phrase "It is not what it looks like" meant something different was hilarious!.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-30-2011 11:08     Subject: The pulled groin extropolation

This episode was a riot.  Amy was in fine form and leonard going to the wedding was great.  I think there is going to be some tension between howard and bernadette though.....  living with his mom.  Really!  hahahah  
Author: sanggye    Time: 9-30-2011 14:47     Subject: Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

It's scary that she yells and can talk just like Howard's mom
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 9-30-2011 16:15     Subject: Reply 12#12 sanggye's post

yeah that was too funny!!!   good stuff.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-2-2011 23:02     Subject: Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

Amy saying to Penny you have a better chance was amusing but why on earth does she think Leonard has fallen for her and Bernadette was priceless imitating Howard's mother
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-3-2011 03:52     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

You have to remember, Amy is just a bit better with personal relations than Sheldan.  He experience with sex and relationships is almost null.  So with Leonard gave her a peck on the cheek, she took it to mean more.  Imagine her as a blossoming teenager, a teenager will read any sign of friendliness as a come-on.

Don't think that Bernadette was suppose to be imitating the mother, in another episode she yelled out to the mother the same way.  Think that in the show, when she yells she has the same characteristics as Howard's mother.  Something along the lines that men, especially men who have heavy attachments to their mothers, tend to find woman that subconsciously remind them of their mother .  (Men marry their mothers, woman marry their fathers)   http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080505223427.htm
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-7-2011 04:31     Subject: 5x04 The Wiggly Finger Catalyst

Well Raj got used, now he needs to find a nice Indian girl.  Sheldon, basing life off of dice is just too funny.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-9-2011 07:09     Subject: Reply 16#16 sanggye's post

I loved the dice that was great!  He choose it for everything. I would think using the facilities or showering wouldn't be counted.

Raj is going to pay.....a lot.  Dissapointed she was a gold digger.  Surely she didn't know to begin with, but after that's a conscious choice.  Poor raj....
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-11-2011 07:17     Subject: Reply 16#16 sanggye's post

Who they got to play Emily was interesting considering her role in Switched at Birth and Rajesh asking Emily to cover her eyes was amusing
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-15-2011 07:24     Subject: The Russian Rocket Reaction

Will Wheaton not being evil.  I thought there was going to be a big trick played.  Then Data, oh yeah.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-15-2011 07:29     Subject: Reply 19#19 sanggye's post

But sheldon lost his list.  Think he can remake it from memory?  Or will he even try.  
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-15-2011 12:13     Subject: Reply 20#20 arksongbird80's post

61 names for Sheldon is a drop in the bucket, he has pretty much total recall, especially when it deals with him, he can name every name and what they did (real or imaginary) to him.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2011 10:12     Subject: 5x05 The Russian Rocket Reaction

I found it amusing that Sheldon was still using a 5 1/4" floppy disc and Bernadette going to Howard.s mother was clever
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-29-2011 15:36     Subject: The Good Guy Fluctuation

Well Leonard screwed that up, and I knew Priya was gonna cheat on him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2011 07:54     Subject: Reply 23#23 sanggye's post

The guys pulling Halloween prank on Sheldon were amusing but Bernadette and Howard were the best and Alice picking Leonard up in the comic book store was interesting but you just knew he would do something stupid
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-31-2011 15:48     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Yea, if I was him and met Alice, before calling her, I would have called Priya and said it was over.  Alice is more his type, likes some of the same things as Leonard does and Priya likes nothing about Leonard's life.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-7-2011 12:23     Subject: 5x08 The Isolation Permutation

What a horrible thought to wear the dresses that Amy described and Leonard doing Sheldon's knock on Amy's door was amusing, Bernadette looked great in the wedding dress
Author: sanggye    Time: 11-7-2011 14:19     Subject: Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

I liked Amy's idea, it wasn't like they had died in the dresses, they were just there, still in the plastic.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-16-2011 08:25     Subject: 5x09 The Ornithophobia Diffusion

Penny and Leonard deciding to spend the night out just as friends was interesting but Leonard's confession about when they were dating and making her pay her own way was amusing. Sheldon freaking out when a bird gets in the apartment but i can't believe he wanted to flush it down the loo
Author: sanggye    Time: 11-16-2011 16:56     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Yea like Leonard being honest, and making her pay for her movie, but I would have bought the fries if I was him.  Leonard and Lovey Dovey
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 11-18-2011 07:16     Subject: The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition

Loved how sheldon got all jealous. He came at boyfriend/girlfiend in his same dry manner.  LOL!  

knock knock, Penny
knock knock, amy
knock knock, bernnadette   Too cute.
Author: sanggye    Time: 11-18-2011 19:22     Subject: Reply 30#30 arksongbird80's post

Yea, his jealousy was too funny, but after asking Amy to be his girlfriend at the theater, then leaving the tow of them to finish their date was too much.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-24-2011 02:30     Subject: Reply 30#30 arksongbird80's post

Penny playing Twister was amusing and Sheldon calling out all the girls names when knocking the door was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-12-2011 13:50     Subject: 5x11 The Speckerman Recurrence

The girls trying to help Penny make amends for her own history of being a bully was interesting but the clothes recycling was amusing and I'm surprised Leonard stood up to his bully considering his size but running down the stairs was funny
Author: sanggye    Time: 12-12-2011 14:49     Subject: Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

Knew inviting him in was the wrong idea.  I liked picturing Beradette in an elf costume
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2012 03:22     Subject: 5x12 The Shiny Trinket Maneuver

Howard trick with the milk was amusing but what a time to find out Bernadette’s dislike of children and no surprise Sheldon was an insensitive jerk with Amy
Author: sanggye    Time: 1-14-2012 18:12     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Amy doing a happy dance with the Tiara was great though
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 1-19-2012 17:37     Subject: The Recombination Hypothesis

Loved the flashfoward.  Such a funny twist.  The 3 am booty call.  hahahaha  He doesn't have to go far.

The hard/wood/erect joke was just lame.     Unkewl for 100 eps.
Author: sanggye    Time: 1-21-2012 16:29     Subject: Reply 37#37 arksongbird80's post

I liked the wood jokes, it just shows how much Leonard is clueless on slang and such.

Wonder how long they are going to last
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2012 07:41     Subject: Reply 37#37 arksongbird80's post

Sheldon saying who has wood for my sheep was funny and who would of thought after that disastrous date they would end up in bed together but how long can they keep in secret
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2012 10:06     Subject: 5x14 The Beta Test Initiation

Raj getting a new phone was interesting but when he falls in love with the AI contained within was priceless and Leonard proposing that he and Penny treat their dating like software development sounded like a good idea until he gave her the long list
Author: sanggye    Time: 1-29-2012 20:16     Subject: Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

Yea that was pretty stupid of Leonard, he should really know better.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2012 07:20     Subject: 5x15 The Friendship Contraction

Leonard breaking the friendship agreement was interesting and who would of thought Leonard would miss him knocking the door when he was trying to make out with Penny but the snail in your mouth comment sounded terrible
Author: sanggye    Time: 2-10-2012 07:15     Subject: Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

The reason Leonard missed the knocking was at least they had notice he was interrupting, just walking in is weird.  Love the slow makeup comment.
Author: sanggye    Time: 2-10-2012 07:38     Subject: 5x16 The vacation solution

Penny putting both Howard and Leonard in their places was great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-15-2012 05:54     Subject: Reply 44#44 sanggye's post

Penny telling Howard to sign the prenuptials and Sheldon about fainting at the sight of a little blood was amusing
Author: sanggye    Time: 2-18-2012 09:23     Subject: Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

Sheldon has always been afraid of blood
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-23-2012 02:56     Subject: 5x17 The Rothman Disintegration

Wow poor Penny getting that gift and wow how big the portrait was but using Bernadette as an excuse for taking it down was amusing
Author: sanggye    Time: 2-25-2012 08:59     Subject: Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Only using Bernadette didn't work.  Love the worst B-Ball game ever
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-5-2012 03:56     Subject: 5x18 The Werewolf Transformation

Howard talking about being sick in zero gravity while on his astronaut training was disgusting and who would of thought Sheldon's barber becomes unavailable due to illness would cause so much trouble, Penny beating Leonard at chess was amusing and her accident with Sheldon's hair was priceless
Author: sanggye    Time: 3-17-2012 09:09     Subject: Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Sheldon having any change in his life causes it to go haywire.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-18-2012 15:30     Subject: 5x19 The Weekend Vortex

You just knew Sheldon wouldn't accompany Amy to her family event but the sound of a whip was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2012 05:46     Subject: 5x20 The Transporter Malfunction

Penny comparing her virginity to the mint in box toys she gave Leonard and Sheldon was amusing especially when see said it's better when you take it out the box and play with it but Sheldon's conscience causes him to hear his toy Spock doll speak to him was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2012 06:16     Subject: 5x21 The Hawking Excitation

Howard taking advantage of Sheldon's obsession to meet visiting professor Stephen Hawking was amusing especially making him wear the french maid outfit
Author: sanggye    Time: 4-13-2012 14:35     Subject: Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

I love the spock parts it was so funny, and Nomoy really doing the voice, wonderful.   I am really beginning to wonder if Raj is gay and just doesn't realize it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2012 13:52     Subject: It All Started With A Big Bang

What a great recap and behind the scenes look at the show with over 100 episodes and five years, I still love the scene with Rajesh not being able to speak to Penny after sleeping together and the recap of Penny and Leonard's on off relationship was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2012 14:15     Subject: 5x22 The Stag Convergence

Howard's bachelor party turned out to be a disaster when Bernadette seen the video on-line but his speech to get her back was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-7-2012 14:44     Subject: 5x23 The Launch Acceleration

Penny and Leonard fooling around with the gas was amusing but what he said just after they resumed their physical relationship was really bad timing and Howard's mission into space coinciding with the wedding is going to be interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-2-2012 06:30     Subject: 5x24 The Countdown Reflection

Howard's mother voice can be annoying but if she cant show her face to her sons wedding I doubt we will ever see her and Rajesh's suggestion on where to have the rushed wedding was a great idea as the photos were from space
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-26-2012 14:22     Subject: The Big Bang Theory Season 6-9 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 6 Premieres September 27, 2012

Discuss Anything About Season 6 Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2012 06:32     Subject: 6x01 The Date Night Variable

Howard saying his mother doesn't need the phone to talk to him in space was amusing and poor Raj being left alone so he imposes himself on others
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2012 06:49     Subject: 6x02 The Decoupling Fluctuation

Penny confiding to Amy was a bad idea but Sheldon knocking on Penny's bed side table was amusing especially when they were both scared by each other and poor Howard being bullied in space
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2012 07:05     Subject: 6x03 The Higgs Boson Observation

Amy getting jealous when Sheldon hires Alex was interesting considering it might be Penny who should show cause for concern
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2012 07:23     Subject: 6x04 The Re-Entry Minimization

Poor Bernadette gets sick on Howard first night home and Penny and Amy taking on the guys on Game Night was bound to turn competitive but the pie game was priceless, Howard wanting to change his dentist now he knows where his hands has been was disturbing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-2-2012 12:37     Subject: 6x05 The Holographic Excitation

Leonard showing Penny his laboratory was interesting and him being surprised by her reaction was amusing and everyone being tires of Howard's stories was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-2-2012 13:07     Subject: 6x06 The Extract Obliteration

Penny getting a B - on her paper was good and finding out the girls helped her was amusing considering she got annoyed at Leonard for helping but making fun of Leonard was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-9-2012 14:36     Subject: 6x07 The Habitation Configuration

Sheldon not realising Amy was mad that he didn't defend her when Wil Wheaton was rude to her was bizarre and about time Bernadette put her foot down about Howard moving out of his mothers but moving him back after the magic story was ridiculous
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-24-2012 04:41     Subject: 6x08 The 43 Peculiarity

Rajesh and Howard trying to find out why Sheldon disappears every day at 2:45 was interesting and Penny's new school partner causing Leonard to be jealous was amusing as it was Gary from Alphas, Penny letting slip she loves Leonard was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-30-2012 13:21     Subject: 6x09 The Parking Spot Escalation

Poor Penny getting hit by Amy's bag that was meant for Bernadette and all because of Sheldon's unused parking space was ridiculous but the naked violation of each-others spots was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-8-2012 11:23     Subject: 6x10 The Fish Guts Displacement

Amy reaction when Sheldon offered to rub something on her chest while he was taking care of her was amusing and Bernadette arranging for Howard and her father to bond via a fishing trip was bound go wrong as he has no idea on how to fish
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-14-2012 13:01     Subject: 6x11 The Santa Simulation

Penny, Bernadette and Amy trying to find a girl for Rajesh was going to be tough but who would of thought it was because he was too choosy rather than shy and Penny's face at Amy's collage story was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-4-2013 15:25     Subject: 6x12 The Egg Salad Equivalency

Sheldon putting his foot in his mouth was predictable but the way he approached Alex about flirting with Leonard was amusing as it did sound like sexual harassment
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2013 07:23     Subject: 6x13 The Bakersfield Expedition

Leonard taking a photo of Penny and himself with paper was amusing as his friend wont believe he has a hot girlfriend and what a nightmare having Sheldon's voice on the GPS, the Star Trek costumes were impressive but having their car stolen was crazy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-2-2013 04:32     Subject: 6x14 The Cooper/Kripke Inversion

Howard and Raj getting action figures that supposed to look like themselves was amusing as they spent $5000 on a 3D printer and Sheldon finding out Barry was smarter than him while working together
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-8-2013 12:35     Subject: 6x15 The Spoiler Alert Segmentation

I'm not surprised Sheldon and Leonard started fighting after Sheldon deliberately spoilt the end of the book Leonard was reading but Penny doing the same thing was amusing as she was trying to find an excuse for him not to move in with her and her face when Amy suggested they live together was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-16-2013 09:17     Subject: 6x16 The Tangible Affection Proof

Amy being pleased she has been promoted to be Sheldon's emergency contact was amusing and keeping the gift his assistant got was crazy but Penny having to watch her cheating ex propose was just bad timing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-23-2013 03:54     Subject: 6x17 The Monster Isolation

Rajesh vowing to never leave his apartment after his date ran out on him was understandable considering he is shy around women
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-8-2013 14:27     Subject: 6x18 The Contractual Obligation Implementation

I'm glad the boys stopped Sheldon from goggling what he was typing as that would of been disturbing and would make him sound like a child sex offender, Koothrappali date with Lucy was different as they text their communication
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-16-2013 11:45     Subject: 6x19 The Closet Reconfiguration

Sheldon finding the unopened letter from Howard's father was interesting as he was the only who read it before Howard burnt it without reading but what the guys did after they were all told was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-12-2013 11:47     Subject: 6x20 The Tenure Turbulence

All going for the tenured position when it became available at the University was surprising as the positions had only become available after the other guy had only been discovered dead
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2013 10:35     Subject: 6x21 The Closure Alternative

Sheldon being upset after one of his favourite TV shows got cancelled was interesting as it was Alphas
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-3-2013 05:51     Subject: 6x22 The Proton Resurgence

I'm not surprised that Professor Proton was worried about Sheldon as he was behaving like a child and Howard and Bernadette running into trouble babysitting Raj's dog was amusing but Penny and her questions about the potato was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-10-2013 06:40     Subject: 6x23 The Love Spell Potential

Leonard wanting a double helping of Penny's magic potion was amusing as it was to help her like Sheldon and what a shame Rajesh and Lucy's date was so awkward
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-17-2013 03:04     Subject: 6x24 The Bon Voyage Reaction

Penny getting the biggest tip of her life because she spilled a drink on herself was amusing and Rajesh asking just one of them to meet Lucy was interesting as they were fighting over who it should be
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-19-2013 06:01     Subject: Access All Areas

Rick Edwards travelling to Hollywood for a behind-the-scenes visit to the set was interesting but if this was to celebrate the 100th episode this must be old
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-26-2013 03:35     Subject: The Big Bang Theory Season 7 Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 7 Premieres September 26, 2013

Discuss Anything About Season 7 Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2013 13:43     Subject: 7x01 The Hofstadter Insufficiency

Sheldon having a bad dream about Leonard was amusing and you can understand why Penny was annoyed after her phone call to Leonard
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2013 13:58     Subject: 7x02 The Deception Verification

Leonard coming back from his research early was a nice surprise for Penny and wanting to keep it a secret from everyone else was understandable but you just knew Sheldon would figure something was going on, Bernadette catching Howard and Rajesh feeling each other chests was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-5-2013 13:34     Subject: 7x03 The Scavenger Vortex

Bernadette being so competitive during the scavenger hunt was a surprise and who would of thought Amy and Howard liked the same kind of music
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-9-2013 04:32     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Why be upset... because your boyfriend is having a blast and you are stuck with Sheldon?  Ha Ha.  Funny that the Penny and Sheldon have gotten even more of a bond.
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-9-2013 04:34     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I can see that aspect of Bernadette, there have been hints that she isn't exactly a quiet wallflower, thought it was great that Howard and Amy just ended up skipping the rest of the scavenger hunt.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-12-2013 14:38     Subject: 7x04 The Raiders Minimization

Finding out Leonard likes the left breast after Penny read his mother book was amusing but trying to make the most of Penny's affection was bound to backfire
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2013 13:30     Subject: 7x05 The Workplace Proximity

Who would of thought Amy starting to work at the same university as Sheldon would cause so much trouble with them all
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2013 11:30     Subject: 7x06 The Romance Resonance

Howard's plan for an elaborate romantic celebration with Bernadette was bound to have a hiccup but his little song was nice and Amy being in the zone was amusing
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-26-2013 19:55     Subject: 7x04 The Raiders Minimization

Part of me found it funny that the whole Raiders of the Lost Ark was both true and also angry at seeing it just like the guys.  Leonard really needs to get over his mother issues
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-26-2013 19:57     Subject: 7x05 The Workplace Proximity

There is some truth on how the guys can spend all day working in the same place, having lunch together, and then hanging out at night, but they don't think they can do it with their partner is sad.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-8-2013 08:12     Subject: 7x07 The Proton Displacement

Sheldon getting the hump when the Professor asked Leonard for advice was amusing and Arthur trying to crack onto anyone in Penny's family was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-19-2013 15:17     Subject: 7x08 The Itchy Brain Simulation

Sheldon making Leonard wear the itchy jumper until her returns a late DVD was amusing as the company went out of business and Penny getting involved in Raj's love life after her encounter with his ex-girlfriend was a bad idea
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-1-2013 15:17     Subject: 7x09 The Thanksgiving Decoupling

Finding out Penny married Zack three years ago was amusing and Howard inviting everyone to his mother's house for Thanksgiving was interesting but the mystery of his mother is getting boring
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-16-2013 08:15     Subject: 7x10 The Discovery Dissipation

Howard invites Raj to stay when he needed a temporary place to stay was nice but how quick he outstayed his welcome was surprise as he was the perfect house guest and there's no pleasing Sheldon when he discovered his research by accident
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-16-2013 08:30     Subject: 7x11 The Cooper Extraction

Everyone reminiscing about what their lifes would be like if they never met Sheldon was interesting as I didn't realise how instrumental he has been in all their lives

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0