Board logo

Subject: New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site [Print This Page]

Author: lbjedward    Time: 12-14-2011 23:57     Subject: New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

Hello, We will suspend adding updates for current shows as well as new shows on RM site(http://vip.tv-video.net) at the end of the 2011 in order to put all our limited manpower to Flash site(http://viptv.net). RM site is planned to be closed on May 1, 2012. I know this is not a good news for some members and this decision is also hard to us. Please let me explain why we have to do this. RM streaming is kind of out of fashion and compatibility problem bugs our system and many members. Flash streaming is the most popular in online entertainment with more compatibility,no software installation(Flash plug-in is already installed in most OS) and more supported devices(tablets and smart phones). So our VIPTV.net starts Flash streaming on May 1, 2011. Though our Flash streaming service still has some bugs, we will keep working on enhancing your viewing experience. In addition, focusing on flash streaming can accelerate the pace of adding new updates and shows. And we are re-editingour data input system to make every staff’s responsibility and work procedure clear, and the new system will greatly improve our work efficiency and reduce upload faults.
Author: bala    Time: 12-15-2011 00:07     Subject: Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Thanks for this update
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2011 00:37     Subject: Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Thanks for the early warning and keep up the good work
Author: spratt89    Time: 12-15-2011 01:24     Subject: Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Thanks for the update
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2011 02:31

I hope they keep the url in may and us it as a second flash site to help with the demand like it was in the past with two realplayer sites
Author: spratt89    Time: 12-15-2011 04:10     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I was actually thinking the same thing
Author: cengleman    Time: 12-15-2011 12:25     Subject: RM site

I didn't realize the RM site was still an option. It works must faster overseas. The flash site has been slower and the shows will sometimes stall; however, the the past 3 weeks shows on the flash site have been loading even slower. It took me 45+ min to watch a 20 min show. I just checked the RM site and it is loading fast. I'm very sad that the RM site is going away. I've been using this site for 2 years now.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2011 12:36     Subject: Reply 7#7 cengleman's post

Welcome to FriendVista and like you i prefer the realplayer site, bring it back after a lot of requests was an added bonus but knowing it was only for 1 year i have made the most of it while it lasts
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-17-2011 01:31     Subject: Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

I think it might be a good idea if you put a link for this on vip.tv-video.net and highlight it in yellow like you did last time to give those that don't use the forum a heads up
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 12-17-2011 17:54

I have a hard time with change, but thank you LBJ for giving me necessary info for added preparation. ;) RIP- RP
Author: cengleman    Time: 12-20-2011 09:36     Subject: So sad

I'm afraid after year of using this site I might have to stop. I tried again to watch a show on the flash site and after 30 min only 7 min of the show loaded for me to view, it is so frustrating. I switched over to the RP site and the show played perfect. So sad that shows wont' be updated on the RP site by the end of the year.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2012 04:09

Does anyone know if the realplayer only shows will come to flash or will they be gone forever when the site goes in May like Airwolf Andromeda Arrested Development City Homicide Quantum Leap
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-5-2012 05:41

i understand your going to close this site but why cant you update the real player site until it does i have such problems with flash
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-5-2012 11:34     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

My understanding is that if they weren't put on the Flash site in the first place, they won't be added to it later - but I suppose there is always a chance that will change.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2012 11:45     Subject: Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

It's a good job i just finished City Homicide and most of the others i have watched but for those that haven't they better get a move on
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-5-2012 13:04     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

I think some of those had really low traffic, and I know a couple had quite a few episodes with problems, so they are probably hard to find. I know Australian shows are hard to get a hold of. I was willing to pay for one and couldn't get it because I wasn't in Australia. Thankfully, I did get to see the whole series, but it took longer, since it aired in Canada a season behind.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-5-2012 13:13     Subject: Reply 16#16 waterlilybarb's post

I agree about the Australian shows being harder to find but then again some of the Canadian shows are just as hard to find and they both produce some awesome shows
Author: shinny    Time: 1-5-2012 13:55     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

I think Barb is right. There was definitely a relation to them not really being watched and why they weren't transferred to the Flash site. Then when admin decided to keep Real they must have decided to leave them there. Agree with you about Aussie and Canadian shows, btw!
Author: hsgreenb    Time: 1-6-2012 04:31

It just took me almost 4 hours to load up all of Revenge 1x11 from the Flash site. It takes me less than 60 seconds to load up all of any 40 minute show from the RP site. Why is that?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-6-2012 10:31     Subject: Reply 19#19 hsgreenb's post

I can't tell you why one seems to work better than others for people. Have you tried the suggestions in our Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread? They have helped quite a few people be able to optimize their viewing experience. One thing I will say that I have noticed is that for some people location plays a large part in their ability to get a good connection to the site. More people have a better experience with Flash than with RP, and with the continuing changes RP makes, it becomes less compatible for more people, thus making it not really a viable option financially for Admin. As LBJ stated in post 1, with all of the upload team working on Flash, the efficiency of the site will improve as well as decreasing the upload errors.
Author: hsgreenb    Time: 1-6-2012 17:29

I tried everything on that tips page. The only thing is mentioned that I'm wondering may be the cause is that my computer is 3 years old. Would the age of my video/graphics cards/software on this computer be the reason the flash videos don't load quickly? Or could it be my location (Singapore)?
Author: hsgreenb    Time: 1-6-2012 17:38

Did a bandwidth test & it looks like i'm only getting 5.1 mbps down & 1.14 mbps up. 2nd test was 7.97 down & 1.12 up Could that be the reason? What is the recommended up & down for the flash site? [ Last edited by hsgreenb at 1-7-2012 02:24 ]
Author: janeprince2    Time: 1-6-2012 22:21     Subject: Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Isn't there any way you can keep updating the shows on RP until May 1st...I can't use Flash at all.
Author: FlashGordon    Time: 1-7-2012 08:44

Flash Site sucks. They dont want to hear that though. No point in paying for this site anymore. **** is free and its a NON-Profit. So its legal! ;) Any downloading of shows from a site like **** is illegal. edit waterlilybarb: it is against forum policy to post the names of other sites. If anyone wants the name, they are free to ask you via PM.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-7-2012 09:07     Subject: Reply 24#24 FlashGordon's post

As it your first post you haven't wasted too much money and you still have realplayer available untill May to use what points you have left but why didn't you try the free shows before wasting your money on a site that sucks
Author: hsgreenb    Time: 1-7-2012 18:16

Interesting developments this morning. Yesterday, I checked for the latest update of Flash but the site says that, by using Chrome, I'm already on the latest version. I then tried to see if switching from wireless to wired would make a difference, rebooted & was prompted to download Flash 11.1 upon restart. I did that, checked & was having the same problems with the Flash site. After that, I went out for the day. This morning, I started my computer, still wired directly to the router, and attempted watching Private Practice 5x11 on the Flash site and, other than some stutters here & there in the video, it worked continuously throughout. I did a speed test wired in and got 12+ mbps down. After watching the full show, I switched back to wireless and also got 12+ mbps down but couldn't get more than 3 seconds through the same show without it hanging. I've since switched back to wired, rebooted again, powered down/up my router & am still experiencing the "every 3 second hang." Based on all of this, can you make any suggestions on what I can do to get consistent performance from the Flash site? I recognize that the Real Player site's life was only about 7 months so now it's going away for good. When RP functionality was pulled in April, I looked around and, frankly, didn't find too many viable alternatives. I'd like to stick with VIP since I've been using it for almost 2 years, and I'm an American expat living in SE Asia and need my lifeline to my shows. I hope someone can help.
Author: pdownes    Time: 1-8-2012 10:41

I have the same problem as hsgreenb, only even once i have loaded the entire episode, it still freezes regularly.. I have checked my computer specs and I have a good internet connection, is this as Barb said and it being due to my area or is there something i have missed regarding sufficient specs on my computer?
Author: shinny    Time: 1-8-2012 16:34     Subject: Reply 26#26 hsgreenb's post

You need to check that your flash player is working correctly. Go to this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html If you cannot see the animation just under: 1. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer Can you see the movie below? Then you need to trouble shoot Flash which is detailed at the bottom of the page.
Author: carlorica    Time: 1-9-2012 04:59

Just to let everyone know Flash can also be affected by your pc's anti virus. I had this problem where my anti virus was scanning for access protection and would cause problems with the flash player. Hope everyone gets things sorted out.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-10-2012 08:15

As lbjedward said in post #1 So our VIPTV.net starts Flash streaming on May 1, 2011 but is still saying Software: RealPlayer when shouldn't it by now say Flash

Author: shinny    Time: 1-10-2012 08:27     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. I know it's a cosmetic thing but it should be changed. I'll send him a PM regarding it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-10-2012 10:21     Subject: Reply 31#31 shinny's post

The Announcements could also be updated as one don't work and the realplayer help could be changed to flash help
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-10-2012 12:34

i know the site is only going to be flash from now on but 3 different shows 3 different days it takes up to 4 hours to download a show today at this moment its the firm 2nd episode so far its been 3 hours it doesnt happen with every show i watch its very tempramental only ebery now and then and its different times of the day 2 days ago it was unforgetable at about 8pm that took 4 hours this is why i get so frustrated with flash i never ever had an issue with real player again i dont understand there is tvfull.com which is flash why can we not continue to have a choice of both flash and real player ive only been a customer for about 16 months but i have bought 3 times the max mgs to watch shows so i do spend money quite a bit a choice would be so good
Author: magic4u    Time: 1-10-2012 13:41     Subject: Reply 33#33 babysexylexy's post

hi babysexylexy i have been on here near enough from the start and no one is more upset over loseing RP than i am .i am suffering just as many problems with flash and its really getting to me
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-10-2012 13:47     Subject: reply 34#34 magic4u

thanks its nice to hear that i am not the only one
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-10-2012 14:04     Subject: Reply 33#33 babysexylexy's post

What i do when i use the flash site is start a show and then pause until the red line is half way but before i start watching i do the same thing on the next show so while I'm watching one the other is buffing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-10-2012 15:19     Subject: Reply 35#35 babysexylexy's post

I just let a 58 minute show buff to the end which took 80 minute which is an improvement on what it used to take
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2012 04:39     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Really because since they added all new shows yesterday i noticed a huge delay in how long it takes to watch an episode normally it takes 20 minutes to load 40 minutes show now it's taking 1 hour.
Author: shinny    Time: 1-11-2012 04:48     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

I, by no means, have a fast connection. It's 8mb and I usually get around 5mb on a bad day and close to the 8mb mark on a good day. Shows load for me in about 10-15 minutes. So it seems to be really hit and miss. I bought a Smart TV in the January sales and so I've been watching shows on that. I thought I was going to have a lot of problems because it's a different platform, but it's great. Loads fast and never jerks. For those having the stop start problem or not loading at all, did you check the link from my post number 28?
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2012 04:56     Subject: Reply 39#39 shinny's post

Yes my speed is only 3mb so it's less than yours but i have had no problems with flash site since it launched but today first time i am experience slowness maybe due amount people watching the shows.
Author: shinny    Time: 1-11-2012 05:07     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Could be! I must check it out tonight when I get home from work.
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2012 06:29     Subject: Reply 41#41 shinny's post

Well i think you said it also depends on location. The things with internet so many factor that affect it
Author: vivharley    Time: 1-11-2012 08:11

Hi, I've just logged onto this forum to see what's happening to House, and came across this thread. I have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm not a techie (in fact I'm a 62 year old grandmother!), but I've been using this site for about five year without any problems; I just follow any instructions that are sent to me. I know I originally downloaded RP and always click on their updates (it took me ages to realise you meant Real Player), I have no idea what flash is, and also no idea which I now use to watch my programmes. Would I have downloaded Flash, and how would I know? I'm in the UK and I have a 30mb system - which averages out at 17mb when I do a broadband speed test. I have two questions: 1) Will I need to do anything in May to continue to access this site, or will it happen automatically? 2) If programmes that are only in RP are not going to be updated/transferred do we know what programmes they are? Thank you in advance to anyone that replies Viv
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2012 08:22     Subject: Reply 43#43 vivharley's post

Check post #28 to see if your flash is up to date and there are now more flash shows than realplayer just click the flash logo on the top of VIP home page
Author: vivharley    Time: 1-11-2012 08:51

Wow - it would appear that, not only do I have flash, but I have the latest version!!! My son says I'm dangerous as I just click on things without understanding what I'm doing - I just follow the instructions I'm sent. I have pointed out to him that I drive a car with no real understanding of what goes on under the bonnet (hood), but that doesn't seem to bother him! Thanks Jim
Author: vivharley    Time: 1-11-2012 08:58

However, I'm going to sound really think now - what does a Flash logo look like? I can't see anything on the top of the VIP home page that looks like a logo? This is what I've got: [VIPTV.NET] vivharley | 116 Points | 0 F$ | Log Out Membership Rank: VIP Member - Consumption Type: VIP Points Home All Shows Free Shows FAQ Account Get F$ Forum VIPTV.NET » Home # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z No logo Viv
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2012 09:00     Subject: Reply 46#46 vivharley's post

Sorry use this link http://viptv.net/ Edit This is the flash logo [ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-11-2012 17:04 ]
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2012 09:04     Subject: Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

There is no logo on the flash but there is a logo real player
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2012 09:07     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

I assumed she was using the realplayer site considering we have been using the site for the same length of time
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2012 09:12     Subject: Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Has long as we have 2 sites it going confuse members
Author: vivharley    Time: 1-11-2012 09:12

Hi, I definitely don't have a flash logo on my home page, even though I have flash on my computer. Does that mean I'm still watching programmes via Real Player?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2012 09:16     Subject: Reply 51#51 vivharley's post

You must of moved to the new site when it launched where i stayed with the original thinking it would run smoothly when every moved to the new site but this is the original link http://vip.tv-video.net/
Author: vivharley    Time: 1-11-2012 09:21

Well it's certainly going to confuse computer illiterate people like me! I've checked my home page again and I don't have a real player logo on it either! How do I find out which one I'm using? When I first joined this site I used to have to click onto a Real Player logo to watch a programme, now it's just an arrow in a circle and another arrow in a "broken box" saying pop up. Both work
Author: vivharley    Time: 1-11-2012 09:22

I've just checked the http://vip.tv-video.net/ and I can see both logos. Does that mean I'm on the new site and don't haved to do anything?
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2012 09:26     Subject: Reply 54#54 vivharley's post

Yep if you don't see the logos it mean your on new site
Author: vivharley    Time: 1-11-2012 09:40

Thanks Jim and Bala for your help. I should add that I don't have any problems with the site (new or old). Whenever I've had the occasionaly blip I simply change to a different server and that normally solves the problem; I don't know if that should make a difference but it does. Last night I was watching Hustle using the European server and it was slowing down every minute or so; I simply switched to the American service and the problem went away. Watched three episodes straight off with no problems. I know it doesn't belong on this thread, but are we ever going to get DS9? Viv
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2012 09:50     Subject: Reply 56#56 vivharley's post

As long as you don't have problems it's great it's more nightmare figuring out members problems since everyone internet is set up differently various factor affects connection.
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-11-2012 11:52     Subject: reply 36#36 codebraker

hi ive tried that with 2 programes and only with one etc etc but sadly it doesnt work it doesnt happen all the time i do have to say but when it does 4 hours seems to be the thing i was watching the second episode of the firm it took 4 hours and i still didnt see the end the last 3 minutes because it just stopped to the great know it all's (sorry not the guys who help us, bala codebraker, waterlillybarb the normal people x ) thank you for not listening to your loyal customers and frustrating us again thank you for not even responding to our pm's thats right you pick and choose who and how to answer to us
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2012 12:03     Subject: Reply 58#58 babysexylexy's post

Have you tried different web browsers because i only use chrome for steaming because my firefox has a habit of crashing every day and some days more than once and last night i was tired and left two over night and watched them today [ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-11-2012 21:59 ]
Author: sanggye    Time: 1-11-2012 14:19     Subject: Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

So what is going to happen in a year or two when flash is dead. Flash has discontinued support on mobile devices,, more and more sites are going to HTML5. This includes the big ones (can't mention other sites) They are slowly moving away from Flash. Why? Flash is pervasive, if you don't keep it updated it has problems, uses more bandwidth than other media devices. More and more people don't want to install a 3rd party plug-in, especially from a company like Adobe. And until recently the supported SOPA, and are only pulling away because other tech companies are pulling away from it. (For those that don't know what SOPA is, research it, if it passes, at least in the U.S., companies will be able to get the government to block sites like VIP) I do computer and network troubleshooting, so I know how to fix my problems, but when you drop a connection and flash drops everything that has buffered, and takes twice as long to download and watch a show, it is a PAIN. Right now, I will use the flash site, but the first time My ISP tells me I have hit my bandwidth limit, I will be dropping this site and moving to another. I like the community, but your technology is moving backwards instead of forwards.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-11-2012 14:27     Subject: Reply 60#60 sanggye's post

I used a site a while ago that let you open in widows media very much like realplayer which worked great and i don't understand the new stuff but it does seem strange to go with flash when the others are moving away, i don't have a problem with bandwidth limit as i am unlimited but my provider has dropped my connection to 2mb
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-11-2012 22:00     Subject: Reply 56#56 vivharley's post

Hello vivharley, Sorry I missed your post, but it got lost in the shuffle with everyone else trying to answer your question. It's quite easy to tell which site you are using when you go to click on an episode. Here is what an episode link looks like on the RP site: Here is what the same episode links look like on the Flash site: The episode I used was House 1x22. Hope that helps to clear it up for you (along with what the fellas told you).
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-12-2012 04:14     Subject: reply 59#59 codebraker post

hi yeah i have tried google crome, safari and firefox but its the same im even at a frineds right now trying to buffer revenge but no joy. i am a real tv addict only only like to watch what i like lol seems a little silly but this is what makes me happy now this just frustrates me thanks for the suggestion but nothing works the only thing that was working was ......... yep you guess it REALPLAYER lmao shouldnt laugh but what else can i do
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-12-2012 04:15     Subject: Reply 63#63 babysexylexy's post

I asked LBJ about the slow streaming and this was the response. I am sorry for the issue, now the traffic of our streaming server is on its peak. We are reparing another server with double traffic capacity to meet growing need.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-12-2012 04:17     Subject: Reply 64#64 spratt89's post

That sounds like good news
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-12-2012 04:31     Subject: reply 64#64 spratt89's post

hi im feeling a little what can i say negative and sarcastic right now ( not towards you guys) i think its highly amusing that only certain people get a response back from ibj i know that your a moderator but i sent a pm about a year ago when all this first started with a suggestion yet to hear a response back, i guess it does sound like good news but surely in his infinite wisdom that was something that shouid have be done or ibj find my pm read it and think about it, it was a good suggestion people wont mind
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-12-2012 04:38     Subject: TO IBJEDWARDT

the actually date of my pm to you which i'm sure you open but it looks like you haven't was 3-5-2011 so my mistake it wasn't a year ago
Author: hsgreenb    Time: 1-12-2012 06:05

I just did the flash check suggested & was able to see the movie on that site without error. Also confirmed I'm on the latest version of flash (11.1.something.something.somethingelse). Any other suggestions on what I can do? I just tried flash again & same thing - buffer every 3 seconds.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-12-2012 06:40     Subject: Reply 68#68 hsgreenb's post

read post 64 as this may be of interest
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-12-2012 13:14     Subject: Reply 67#67 babysexylexy's post

The problem may be because the name you just posted is NOT the name of our site Admin. You have to spell the name correctly for it to be sent to the person you want to send it to. LBJEDWARD (but in lowercase) is the name of our Admin. Also, it is site policy that you inform the moderators of issues and that WE pass the information on to Admin. The only reasons members should be contacting Admin is for reimbursement of lost points. If a member has a problem with one of the moderators, it is suggested to first contact another mod. If it is a serious enough issue, it is alright to then contact Admin, though such matters should be able to be worked out through the moderators.
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 12:27     Subject: reply 70 # 70 waterlillybarb

i accidently spelled his name wrong on the post not directly to him. right now i feel like throwing my laptop out of the window which i won,t ive have tried every single suggestion on here to watch a show but its getting worse to buffer all i feel like at the moment is a moaner and im not, i never ever had any problems with real player
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 12:39     Subject: Reply 71#71 babysexylexy's post

Is it just here your having problems with streaming videos or do you have problems with YouTube as well and have you tried a data cable to your router just to rule out a wifi problem
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 12:43     Subject: reply 72#72 codbraker

its just this site watch youtube with out a problem and i can upload videos from you tube to my facebook you know when you share a link its fine i did the check flash direction everything is ok i downloaded google chrome again and tried buffering 3 shows at a time i left them for an hour.... nothing seems to be really working.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 12:50     Subject: Reply 73#73 babysexylexy's post

3 shows at a time will slow it down, i always do one first and then a second while i watch one
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 13:00     Subject: reply 74# 74 cobreaker's post

that's the way i tried but it didn't work, i'm now trying to buffer the mentalist which was the first one in google chrome i started that about 1.5 hours ago and buffer the vampire diaries in internet explorer to see if that makes a difference, but sadly no luck
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 13:04     Subject: Reply 75#75 babysexylexy's post

Using two web browser will still slow it down because you only have one Internet connection but might let you know if one is faster than the other
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-13-2012 13:08     Subject: Reply 71#71 babysexylexy's post

I do understand your frustration. I've not had problems with RealPlayer either. Hopefully when the new server is up and running, it will alleviate the buffering issues you're experiencing.
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 13:24     Subject: reply 76#76 codebraker

well neither lol the mentalist is stuck on 9mins and 3 second and the v diaries hasnt moved at all ive now stopped the v diaries and closed internet explorer i think ill have to wait ill let you know if i have any succeses fingers crossed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 13:42     Subject: Reply 78#78 babysexylexy's post

I have run out of ideas and as i said earlier that my download speed is only 2MB and it takes about twice the length of the video to load
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 13:52     Subject: reply 79# 79 codebrakers post

im now at 11mins 18
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 13:53     Subject: Reply 80#80 babysexylexy's post

I just done a speed which is less than 2MB
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 14:02     Subject: reply 81#81 codebreaker's post

i can't upload the picture but my download speed is 5.39 upload speed is .67 and ping is 40 ms
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 14:08     Subject: Reply 82#82 babysexylexy's post

When the test is finished you have the option to share click on that and then the copy link and then just paste it back here
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 14:12     Subject: reply 83#83 codeberaker' post s

Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 14:12

came out slightly different
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 14:14     Subject: tested it again

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 14:15     Subject: Reply 85#85 babysexylexy's post

Considering we both use sky the location makes a lot of difference
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 14:43     Subject: reply 87#87 codebraker's post

i presume from my numbers compared to yours my internet should be faster, or worse
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2012 14:44     Subject: Reply 88#88 babysexylexy's post

A lot faster
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 14:47     Subject: reply 89#89 codebraker's post

lol well im now at 21mins 45 for the mentalist thats been a good few hours now hasnt it since i posted today
Author: babysexylexy    Time: 1-13-2012 15:03

this is the last thing im going to post on here tonight i checked the time that i started to buffer the mentalist it was 2012 its now 2300 im only at 24mins and 30 seconds i think its going to be a record tonight taking longer than 4 hours to buffer. this is really odd to me more so because its friday night and most people go out on a friday and not stay in and watch tv (i admit im sad lmao) and this is also odd because it doesnt happen all the time
Author: KatherineTV    Time: 1-14-2012 05:51

I wasn't aware there were two sites - maybe put a notice up. I came on the forum to find out why there weren't any updates. It would be good to let people know they can redirect to the new site. When I read the updates that the new site technology doesn't work - just spools continually throughout - I thought they must be joking. But no. I've just tried to watch homeland and ever 5 seconds it spools.... so is the technology not fit for purpose? It makes it unwatchable.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2012 05:54     Subject: Reply 92#92 KatherineTV's post

If you was on the realplayer site then the flash logo on the top takes you to the other site
Author: olia    Time: 1-14-2012 05:56     Subject: Flash Player impossible!!!

I never had a problem with a Real Player, and am miserable with the flash site. An episode takes FOREVER to load... I've been using this site for years now... will HAVE to find another solution.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2012 06:01     Subject: Reply 94#94 olia's post

I'm have similar problems with it taking about twice the time to load but if you have read all the post you will know they are working on a new server and there might be some tips to help in the meantime
Author: olia    Time: 1-14-2012 06:05

Using Google Chrome, and I have no other programs running.... hopefully the new server will make it bearable... (snif snif)
Author: oolia33    Time: 1-15-2012 00:28

I have been a member now for over 2 years and watching my programmes through VIP is now the main way in which I watch TV. I love the sight and am high user. I understand the need to centre on one deliverable to your customers and your decision to go with flash. I like other users have considerable time delay issues in using flash over real player and am disappointed this is no longer going to be updated and eventually unsupported. I have given the flash player another go but am finding the delays a real issue. I have looked at the trouble shooting advice given and no real joy. I have installed google chrome and have found initially this is giving a better speed performance so will preserver. I hope that when the new server is up and running this may assist with speeds. Can you please let us know when this is likely to be available? I think this may solve a lot of issues especially if users are having no time delay issues with other sites such as youtube and reliable internet connections. In the meantime I do love the site and appreciate the improvements you are attempting to make. You will never keep everyone happy but have to admit that you do try and its nice to see you engaging your users in spirited and helpful debate over changes and issues.
Author: hsgreenb    Time: 1-15-2012 22:35

I spent the weekend at my girlfriend's place & tested Flash from her computer. Everything worked well so that helped me eliminate my country location (Singapore) as the source of the issue. Her computer's a 3 year old Vaio & mine's a 3 year old HP. I thought it might be a video card issue because she tried to Skype from my machine when we were travelling & it didn't work. So we brought her laptop to my place on Sunday & experienced the same buffer every 3 seconds that I do with my own laptop. We're in different parts of Singapore but, most importantly, we have different providers. She uses Singtel & I use Starhub. I'm going to try & bring my computer to her place next weekend & then to another friend's apartment who has Starhub. I really hope we can figure this out. The good news is, at least, I got to watch the return of Fringe. That's the only show I really care about. Too bad it's probably going to be cancelled in May.
Author: olia    Time: 1-16-2012 03:42     Subject: Much better!!

I am in Paris, France... haven't changed a thing, have been watching the new show "Boss" and it seems to be working much better! Keeping my fingers crossed.... P.S. Would be real sad to see Fringe go...
Author: claireh703    Time: 1-16-2012 10:24

I agree with KatherineTV that there should be a large notice on the viptv homepage saying that "all updated shows are on the flash site which you can access on this link" as I had no idea that there was another site and the 'f' meant nothing to be even if I had been looking for a link to another site. I was getting really frustrated that nothing was being updated and, quite honestly, went on to other sites to watch them, and I bet I'm not the only one. MUCH prefer to watch them on viptv (although perhaps I wont be saying that once I've tried flash by the sounds of things) but needs must....

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0