Board logo

Subject: Spartacus Vengeance Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2011 13:46     Subject: Spartacus Vengeance Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Spartacus Vengeance Premieres on Starz on January 27, 2012

On the heels of the bloody escape from the House of Batiatus that concluded "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", the gladiator rebellion continues and begins to strike fear into the heart of the Roman Republic in "Spartacus: Vengeance". Gaius Claudius Glaber and his Roman troops are sent to Capua to crush the growing band of freed slaves that Spartacus leads before it can inflict further damage. Spartacus is presented the choice of satisfying his personal need for vengeance against the man that condemned his wife to slavery and eventual death or making the larger sacrifices necessary to keep his budding army from breaking apart. Containing all of the blood-soaked action, exotic sexuality, and villainy and heroism that has come to distinguish the series, the tale of Spartacus resumes in epic fashion.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Spartacus Vengeance Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2011 13:56

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-21-2011 13:58

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-29-2011 06:09

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-21-2012 09:30     Subject: 2x01 Fugitivus

The new Spartacus fitted in nicely but how ironic that the one they wanted alive was knifed by the girl and Ilithyia face when she seen Lucretia was still alive was priceless but Spartacus now planing to release all slaves should lead nicely to one almighty battle by the end of the season
Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2012 02:18     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well she was a bit crazy after almost being dead but she scrubs up nicely after getting a good night sleep
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-22-2012 02:35     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

This might get confusing because Starz has this as season 2 but changing the name it's not Blood and Sand season 2
Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2012 02:49     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well i know renaming the show every season could get rather confusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-22-2012 02:55     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

Gods of the Arena was a stand alone but this continues from Blood and Sand
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2012 13:31     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

This also starts on Sky One on Monday
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-27-2012 06:17

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-28-2012 04:06

With this being added to Blood and Sand as season 2 then perhaps this thread could be moved

Spartacus: Blood and Sand  2x01
Author: sulph    Time: 1-28-2012 15:02

pitty , im getting 404 not found error on the link lol
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-28-2012 15:05     Subject: Reply 13#13 sulph's post

Because it's a new season it takes a little longer to get uploaded
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2012 10:30

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-8-2012 12:20     Subject: 2x02 A Place in This World

Some of the things the slaves have to put up with when their masters call but Spartacus freeing them don't seem to sink in but Ilithyia using her girl to help with her fantasy about Spartacus was different but what you would expect from the men
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-11-2012 16:37

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-15-2012 12:28     Subject: 2x03 The Greater Good

Crixus learning that Naevia is dead was sad but i had a feeling the guy's lied after killing the guy who spoke of her and how tragic that finding her alive then Crixus is captured and posible killed, Ashur removing the mark of Batiatus looked painful but betraying Spartacus i think is days are numbered, Mira was awesome when she threatened to cut his cock off if he didn't tell her were Naevia was and i wonder who has got Ilithyia pregnant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-15-2012 13:26     Subject: 2x04 Empty Hands

Once again Mira was awesome killing the Roman to save Naevia but how many lives are going to be lost to keep her alive and so glad to see Crixus is still alive but brought back to Capua might be deadly for him
Author: bala    Time: 2-19-2012 02:45     Subject: Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

I am finding it hard get into this season it's just not as exciting as it once was.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-19-2012 15:58

Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2012 06:22     Subject: Libertus

It was about time someone set fire to the stadium  
Author: fo_ogun1    Time: 2-25-2012 07:19     Subject: reply to Bala

You are right on point that this new season is just not up to the first season of spartacus, or even the 6 episode prelude.....but what can you do. I hope this will be the end of the project. In the movie, spartacus was killed by the romans.....so I hope the tv version will go the same way. Not that I like to kill off the heroes, but I like a little bit of realism especially in a series where blood, gore, violence and sex are the order of the day.

And what's up with crixus's girlfriend......what a total wimpress.....I hope she gets her act together or she will get everyone around her killed....and for what....

ok I am off to watch the lastest ep.....I am sure I will have something to rave about!!

[ Last edited by fo_ogun1 at 2-25-2012 15:24 ]
Author: fo_ogun1    Time: 2-25-2012 08:31     Subject: why would ganicus come back to the arena

There can only be one spartacus for me and that was andy Whitfield (God rest him). This new guy is a shadow, but I guess we will have to make do.

I find this season more comedy than drama.....there is nothing new, or even shocking that we have not seen in the first two instalments. So the fight scenes or even the sex scenes hold no shock value any more....what they could have done to make this season better is to have a more captivating story, but perhaps I ask too much, It is ok though. Enjoyed the final fight sequence of this episode (i.e. episode 5).....love crixus to bits.....and spartacus's girlfriend is a badass.

Ganicus is a sight for any girl's eyes......but isn't it time doctore joined his gods?

That's my little tit bit!!
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2012 08:51     Subject: Reply 24#24 fo_ogun1's post

Well that the writers for you trying make it interesting i feel after spartcus killed everyone at end first season they should of just left it
Author: fo_ogun1    Time: 2-25-2012 08:56     Subject: Reply 25#25 Bala's post

You've got that right. I couldn't have said it better myself. As I said in my post, I hope they have the courage to end this (hopefully final) season with a realistic ending....and not hogwash!!

Fingers crossed  ( i know it's victory, but it will have to do!!)
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2012 08:59     Subject: Reply 26#26 fo_ogun1's post

They are planning more seasons if they can squeeze money out of it
Author: fo_ogun1    Time: 2-25-2012 09:05     Subject: Reply 27#27 Bala's post

Please say it isn't so. Money at any cost is not worth making.......they should keep it like Rome or Tudors or Six feet under.....once the story is told.....move on.....or you will just leave a bad taste in all our mouths.....like smallville ....seasons 9 and 10 Now that was pure torture..... I could name a lot more ....ehm fringe....started so well.....but I will rest my case.

I will pray that this season ends the spartacus franchise......the gods of tv land may hear my prayers!!

my tit bit
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2012 15:38     Subject: 2x05 Libertus

Glaber using the opportunity to kill Ilithyia father was sneaky but blaming in on Spartacus was predictable and the way the arena collapsed was awesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-7-2012 01:02     Subject: 2x06 Chosen Path

I cant wait to see Ashur's down fall and after all the trouble they had to find Naevia will their relationship survive but Mira becoming quite a good gladiator herself is impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-10-2012 14:13

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-11-2012 14:51

Author: fo_ogun1    Time: 3-17-2012 14:12     Subject: what's up with Spartacus: Blood and Sand season 2

I will complain about how bad this season is here. Or is it just me....the story is going nowhere, the characters are uninteresting, all the blood, gore and sex are totally irrelevant and I can't understand why they  had to have a second season especially after Andy had passed away. Not worth wasting time over unless ofcourse one's brain is switched off. Definitely a shadow of season one. I hope they do not try for season 3.

My lil' tit bit

[ Last edited by fo_ogun1 at 3-17-2012 22:14 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-19-2012 14:18     Subject: 2x07 Sacramentum

Glaber is a sick son of a gun nailing that girl to the cross and Ilithyia didn't have a lot of choice to go along with it but Lucretia idea about using her blood to making it look like Ilithyia was in danger of loosing the baby was clever
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-20-2012 03:35     Subject: 2x08 Balance

I always thought Spartacus could be the father of Ilithyia's baby from the night she was tricked with the masked gladiator but is she lying to save her own life and Seppia jumping into Glaber when he was responsible for her brother death was stupid but Glaber risking the life of Ilithyia and her unborn baby to kill Spartacus was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-23-2012 21:19

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-24-2012 09:53

Author: bala    Time: 4-1-2012 05:32

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 3-7-2012 09:02  
I cant wait to see Ashur's down fall and after all the trouble they had to find Naevia will their relationship survive but Mira becoming quite a good gladiator herself is impressive
He was impressive against those soldiers but recruiting them to be an army should be intresting. The nudity has become so normal on the show and you not even surprise by any more and Ashur raping her was disturbing mind you thinking she could control him kind of suggest she got taught a lession.
Author: bala    Time: 4-1-2012 06:28

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 3-19-2012 22:18  
Glaber is a sick son of a gun nailing that girl to the cross and Ilithyia didn't have a lot of choice to go along with it but Lucretia idea about using her blood to making it look like Ilithyia was in ...
Yes but her plan for him to kill Giaber certainly backfired didn't it ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2012 07:04     Subject: 2x09 Monsters

The was Spartacus convinced his people to unite against the Roman assault was interesting, first dressed as one and then getting them drunk to fight against each other but Ilithyia killing Seppia to save Glaber was a surprise and having to retreat because they were out numbered should make for a interesting season finale
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-4-2012 08:09     Subject: 2x10 Wrath of the Gods

What a tragedy loosing Mira after all her great fighting she had done alongside the men and watching Naevia against Ashur was hard but just when you thought she had lost she gets a second wind which she decapitated him which made my day along with Glaber swallowing the sword, what Lucretia did was a total surprise
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2012 08:19

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 3-20-2012 11:35  
I always thought Spartacus could be the father of Ilithyia's baby from the night she was tricked with the masked gladiator but is she lying to save her own life and Seppia jumping into Glaber when he  ...
Yeah i am not sure if she's lying or not but it was convincing. It was an interesting hostage situation he had power and should kept her as a bargaining chip. That's what i would of done. Even more keep her as hostage until she give birth keep the child let her go. That's just me
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2012 11:35

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-4-2012 16:09  
What a tragedy loosing Mira after all her great fighting she had done alongside the men and watching Naevia against Ashur was hard but just when you thought she had lost she gets a second wind which s ...
This really made watching previous episode worth while
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-3-2012 03:19

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-24-2012 12:42

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0