Board logo

Subject: Continuum Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 5-9-2012 08:30     Subject: Continuum Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Continuum - Coming to Showcase May 27

When a group of fanatical terrorists escapes their planned execution in the year 2077, they vault back in time to the year 2012, sweeping dedicated CPS Protector, Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols), along with them. Stuck in the past and unable to get back to her husband and son, Kiera concentrates on bringing down the terrorists before they can wreak havoc in our present. Kiera receives unexpected assistance from a teen tech genius Alec Sadler (Erik Knudson). Impersonating a member of local law enforcement, Kiera also forms an uneasy alliance with her detective partner Carlos Fonnegra (Victor Webster).

Show Site

[ Last edited by bala at 7-13-2014 17:24 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-9-2012 08:46     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

I read somewhere this started as a web series last year
Author: bala    Time: 5-9-2012 08:50     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well i don't know there were in talk for about a year so this is final result.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-14-2012 03:43     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

Have tvrage got it wrong about this starting tomorrow

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-30789/episodes/1065162187
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2012 03:48     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well since this is showcase show i trust showcase site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-14-2012 03:53     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

I was thinking it might be shown on another network
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2012 03:58     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Guess we will find out tomorrow but i think it's an error look at twiter feed

https://twitter.com/#!/continuumseries
Author: bala    Time: 5-16-2012 06:12

WELL no sign so it prove they got it wrong
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-16-2012 06:15     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

tvrage have now changed the date to May 27th, 2012
Author: bala    Time: 5-28-2012 01:52     Subject: Stitch in Time

Well i have to say this was an excellent pilot because it was rather great to watch i like how quickly they got on with it. The main actress did a great performance at looking confused and i liked how she was able to use the technology she had to her advantage and i really hope this series lasted. The only thing i didn't like was that she had a son i understand the reason why they did this so she has a reason to go back 2077 but let's face it the technology to time travel only exist in her time not 2012.

This show has great potential and i have high hopes for this
Author: bala    Time: 6-4-2012 06:22     Subject: Fast Times

Well i had feeling the experiment wouldn't work but having the piece missing should be interesting. The way she managed to create a section 6 profile was rather impressive with the help she receiving but the fact that computer tech is tracing the signal means he's going get caught he's only one with her secret.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-8-2012 12:41     Subject: 1x01 A Stitch in Time

Nice introductory episode and the technology from 2077 was impressive but the fact she contacted Alec who was the brains behind some of her tech and the fact that she is using the tech that 65 years old is a little bizarre, I half expected Alec to ring when he was holding the phone to call her supervisor
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-8-2012 13:30     Subject: 1x02 Fast Times

I think it was obvious the plan to attempt to get back to 2077 wouldn't work as it's only the second episode
Author: bala    Time: 6-12-2012 05:35     Subject: out of time

This felt more like a filler episode with nothing much happening
Author: bala    Time: 6-18-2012 08:03     Subject: Matter of Time

Well at least she meet the person that giving her information but the ending was nice way to end the episode but i am slowly getting less interested in this series by each episode it had fantastic hook but it's not living upto the excitement that i was expecting from a sci-fi show. The last 2 episode are rather average .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2012 13:25     Subject: 1x03 Wasting Time

It's a good job Carlos didn't see her gun in action but firing backwards was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2012 00:36     Subject: 1x04 Matter of Time

That's some weapon shooting through the victim and five floors and lets hope Kiera don't live to regret giving the hard drive back so the army don't get their hands on it
Author: bala    Time: 6-23-2012 00:38     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

What she said was that would leading breakthrough in clean energy so she allowed it to happen
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2012 00:43     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

So it looks like they are all playing God
Author: bala    Time: 6-23-2012 03:12     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Well yeah that's the problem when you know the future but i am slowly losing interest in this show, i can't wait for Alphas to return
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2012 03:16     Subject: Reply 25#25 bala's post

I am still liking this show and looking forward to see what the ripple effect with do to the future as she knows it
Author: bala    Time: 6-23-2012 03:28     Subject: Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

That's if we get there ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-23-2012 03:33

Now that is a BIG IF
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2012 08:21     Subject: Test of Time

Well seeing the actress that played  rosie larson on this series was amusing and she really was great character not the way she remembered her grandmother but it certainly opened her eyes but having other guy grandmother shot was sad but he's still alive which is odd so they need explain it in the series.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-4-2012 15:20     Subject: 1x05 A Test of Time

It took almost getting killing in the car crash and a gun battle to convince her grandmother's that her life was in danger was interesting but flipping the tables on him by getting his pregnant mother was clever, it's a shame the other got him by the sniper
Author: bala    Time: 7-9-2012 09:55     Subject: Time's Up

Well this was interesting trying to make peaceful riot violent but what a way for liberate to get recognised by exposing the company pension fund misallocation. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2012 10:57     Subject: 1x06 Time's Up

I had a feeling Frank was faking it when he fell on the bridge and Alec passing the location to someone else was the smart thing to do to protect Kiera, I wonder why there are no horses in the future according to Kiera
Author: bala    Time: 7-11-2012 11:05     Subject: Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

I assume they were extinct
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2012 11:07     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

That was obvious but why
Author: bala    Time: 7-11-2012 11:20     Subject: Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

Does it really matter ?

The way technology is going there will be a lot extinct animals in the future. We have quite a few already

http://www.allaboutwildlife.com/ten-most-endangered-animals
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-11-2012 11:23     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

Kiera said it's a long story which I hope she explains later in the series
Author: bala    Time: 7-11-2012 11:25     Subject: Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

Well i don't think they will explain it , it's kind of a minor point in the show. You know what these tv show are like we end up with a lot unanswered question i bet you forgot this in few months.
Author: bala    Time: 7-16-2012 06:44     Subject: The Politics of Time

Well finding out Kara husband cheating on her the night before her wedding must of hurt but trusting him and this lead to interesting conversation about she access to technology that spy on him but she trusted him. It certainly will make cheating difficult if you can use it spy on anyone at any time. It seem Kara really respect technology but the way she able solve the case by using the tech is amusing. Using that spray certainly is impressive how much tech did she bring with her?.

As for case we knew carlos didn't kill her but things just got difficult because the politician backers are liberate   .
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 7-17-2012 12:55

Ok, neither of you seemed to foucus on this or if you did I may have missed it.

But do you believe that them going back in time was already a part of the existing timeline... examples of this was that Alec of the future seemed to be not suprised of the events unfolding in front of him as the device was activated and they were sent back to the past.

Also when she meets Alec in the future for the first time he says this is long over due, in other words he knew he was going to meet her, and he has been waiting for it to happen (*again).

I believe that this story is going to have no ripple affect on the future, except that when kierra does return to the future she will be fighting against the corporations, she already was learning that perhaps the needs of the people were not coming first (the food not being distributed), I believe she is the hero, but was trained to beileve that the corporations were the good, and Liber8 was evil. The methods of some of its members may be questionable at best, but their cause is truly for the people. I think we will see them get back to the future, and perhaps in another season have to change something in another time period.

I love this series so far, and am sad to see it is a 10 episode first season......but then again I also am waiitng for Alphas to return
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-18-2012 12:01     Subject: 1x07 The Politics of Time

Carlos should of come clean about sleeping with the victim because it just makes him look guilty but going after him in the shower was a little crazy especially using a tazer with water around
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-20-2012 09:51     Subject: Reply 41#41 dognxtdoor's post

I am going to re-watch this from the start and pay a little more attention to the details because I am sure I have missed something
Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2012 10:08     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

it was very subtle at the end of the first episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-20-2012 11:08     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

Alec Sadler (2077) must of been the one who changed the shift so Kiera was in the chamber when the timed jumped happened but from the look on her husbands face he might of also known and that is why he wanted her out of there

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-20-2012 19:12 ]
Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2012 11:12     Subject: Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

Yes i noticed that as well but i don't know how he is involved
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-20-2012 12:01     Subject: Reply 46#46 bala's post

It's nice watching a second time because you pick up some of the small details you might of missed
Author: bala    Time: 7-23-2012 08:13     Subject: Game Time

Well what an interesting plan to brainwash people into killing people but you just knew when Kara put out that VR helmet it was going to mess with her abilities but Carlos getting beaten up several times when Kara was brainwashed was rather amusing to see since he really did try but that must of hurt his ego getting beaten up by her so many times ?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-27-2012 04:39     Subject: 1x08 Game Time

Kara should of been more careful risking her CMR by wearing VR helmet and Alec being able to beat them at their own game was great but has put his own identity at risk
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2012 05:04     Subject: Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Yeah but they still have no idea where he is ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-30-2012 00:11

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-30-2012 17:34     Subject: wasting time

I'm liking this show.  Loved the fight scene in this episode.  She totally kicked butt!!
Author: bala    Time: 7-30-2012 22:25     Subject: Reply 52#52 arksongbird80's post

Glad your liking this
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-2-2012 04:54

I'm so glad that Alec and his family were made a bigger part of the story. I thought they would be and the hostage was a great way for that to happen!    10 eps are far too few a number!!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-5-2012 13:47     Subject: 1x09 Family Time

Kiera and Carlos visit Roland's farm was interesting considering she had no idea it was were Alec also lived and then things spiral into a tense armed standoff when Julian shoots Carlos after finding a bomb was a surprise and the cops killing Roland was a tragic mistake
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-6-2012 05:47     Subject: 1x10 End Times

What a dilemma for Kiera to go back to her time line with Jason before her history repeated itself or stay and try to save thousands of lives in this time line but who is her guardian angel
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-6-2012 06:03     Subject: First Season

So far this is my favourite new shows first season
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2012 10:55     Subject: Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

Well i know i can't believe she found out it wasn't an accident and i liked how tied it back to first episode that it was future Alec who was original leader but what a strange way to celebrate your birth by killing yourself. If this get a second season how will she explain that disappearing act or how they survived the explosion ?
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 8-6-2012 10:59     Subject: Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

I must agree.  This was a great first season!
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 2-27-2013 09:24     Subject: Reply 61#61 bala's post

Bout time!    YAY
Author: bala    Time: 4-6-2013 08:43     Subject: Reply 64#64 codebreaker's post

not a good recap
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2013 08:08     Subject: 2x01 Second Chances

Well good episode i love seeing her beat the bad guys up while invisible and that security guard really did look shocked   . Well Kara ability to find angle of the shot was amazing . While it wasn't as action packed as i would of like it was great start to second season with her doing the job covertly certainly mean better opportunity.

I can't believe i didn't recognise that  Dev from Artic Air his accent so different to Matthew Kellog.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-22-2013 14:38     Subject: Reply 69#69 bala's post

I enjoyed the premier.  I'm kinda worried that the Kid will get too busy working a 9-5 that he won't be able to help Kyria.   Her kicking butt invisible was pretty kewl!    I realized that Lexa Doig is in this. I'm watching Andromeda now.  I like her
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2013 22:26     Subject: Reply 70#70 arksongbird80's post

Do you notice she can play evil character as well as good character but i think she's better as good character because she always smile as Romie in Andromeda but in this show she frowns quite a lot. . Just an observation
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-23-2013 05:16     Subject: Reply 71#71 bala's post

I just noticed her so I don't remember her from the 1st season.  I'll keep my eyes peeled though!  She's in my sights now!!
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2013 05:26     Subject: Reply 72#72 arksongbird80's post

In this episode every scene she was frowning
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2013 06:45     Subject: Reply 69#69 bala's post

Kiera telling the guy to run when he didn't see her take the three of them down was amusing and Travis having what looked like an internal defibrillator was impressive as he was about to be called dead, the frame job job on the killing was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 4-29-2013 09:11     Subject: Split Second

You just knew Travis prison transfer was going to be a bad move but having 2 faction fight over him certainly made his escape much easier. It was a ok episode but i just wanted more and Kellogg trying to get Alec to join his company is certainly interesting.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-29-2013 15:35     Subject: 2x02 Split Second

Moving Travis after killing six inmates was ridiculous considering they had no protection as it was with the decoy truck
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 4-29-2013 18:18     Subject: Reply 76#76 codebreaker's post

This episode left me feeling like there should have been more.  Moving Travis was unecessary and rather Stupid.  They put 3 people on him.  Only ONE in the truck and he was chained?  Really Rachel, you should have told them to go heavy on the retraints.

What's up with the kid?  I wonder if this is the path that led to the corporate future? hmm
Author: bala    Time: 5-6-2013 10:57     Subject: Second Thoughts

I am feeling same way after this 3rd episode they need pick up pace because it's boring
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 5-6-2013 12:10     Subject: Reply 78#78 bala's post

There isn't alot of forward momentum.  It just keeps plodding along.  Liber8 acquired thugs and now the thugs are united.  Kyra is still just run around and Alec is acting like a teenager.  Putt putt putt.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2013 15:38     Subject: 2x03 Second Thoughts

You would of thought Alec getting injured in the car accident while joyriding would of been a wake up call especially with the driver on drugs but to then try them himself was just reckless
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 5-13-2013 07:26     Subject: second skin

This was a fantastic episode!!!   So glad to see the old partner and reconnect.
Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2013 08:25     Subject: Reply 81#81 arksongbird80's post

This was slightly better episode but what a tragic end not being able to say goodbye but it makes you wonder how time jump put both of different time line you would think they all send same time.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2013 13:09     Subject: 2x04 Second Skin

Another time traveller was an interesting storyline but sad she died and the guy wearing her suit was lucky
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 5-14-2013 06:09     Subject: Reply 82#82 bala's post

I wonder if it had something to do with where they were standing in the room
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2013 06:16     Subject: Reply 84#84 arksongbird80's post

The problem is that everyone got transported to same place no matter where they were standing because if where they were standing matters why didn't half of them transport to same time as her partner?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-27-2013 07:12     Subject: 2x05 Second Opinion

Kiera activating the psychiatric program embedded in her CMR was bad timing as they got a new chief of police investigating the mole and it was her son's birthday but nice recovery
Author: bala    Time: 5-27-2013 08:39     Subject: Reply 87#87 codebreaker's post

That was interesting twist i suppose this answers question how cops handle PTSD in the future but what an awful solution to wipe the person memories if they can't get over it. Who would thought she was the mole after Kiera cleared her .
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 5-27-2013 09:12

they sure tried to nip that ptsd thing in the bud in the future!!   So the company she's looking for was being formed as she spoke.  oops  hahaha

to bad about betty.  :{ I thought she was a good guy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-3-2013 07:34     Subject: 2x06 Second Truths

Kiera trying to stop the serial killer with her knowledge of the future but while keeping Carlos in the dark was going to be tough and telling him she's a time traveller only made things worse but from here onwards should be interesting now he knows
Author: bala    Time: 6-3-2013 08:05     Subject: Reply 91#91 codebreaker's post

Yes i was wondering how long she could keep that secret i just hope they don't try to make him crack jokes now that he knows but this season has been a disappointment.  They have scarped libe8ate storyline with Travis escape you would think they would looking for them. The serial killer case was a nice distraction only provide Carlos a way to find out Kara secret .

Alex's girlfriend has agenda which she's working with Mr Echelon

So Mr echlone is new bad guy playing Kellogg at his own game which should be interesting but question is is he from future or does he know about the future?.
Author: bala    Time: 6-10-2013 02:07     Subject: Second Degree

All i am going say Alex's girlfriend kick ass .

So the trial over you knew he was going get free but two trial past and future were very interesting.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-11-2013 03:13     Subject: 2x07 Second Degree

Alec having to choose between telling the truth or betraying his family would be a tough call but the way his girlfriend handled the intruder was awesome and finding the hostages was impressive and the judges verdict was an interesting twist
Author: bala    Time: 6-17-2013 02:07     Subject: Second Listen

Well Alex getting kidnapped and Kara trying to find him was challenging but after effect Alex realise he has all the power showed his character has changed.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-17-2013 08:35     Subject: 2x08 Second Listen

Having to remove the nipple bars to get through the metal detector was amusing and reactivating the dead bodies eyes was a novel trick
Author: bala    Time: 7-8-2013 10:40     Subject: Seconds

Kara thinking of taking justice in her own hands was scary and realise she might be responsible for what he becomes was a surprise but now she can't take it back.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-9-2013 07:26     Subject: 2x09 Seconds

Kiera trying to stop Julian's murderous future was understandable considering what happened to her parents and what he does in her time line
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-15-2013 09:20     Subject: 2x10 Second Wave

Alec reactivating Travis' military chip in order to track him turned out to be a bad idea as they became the hunted and with them being able to deactivate Kiera's invisibility suit she has know where to hide,  Julian letting Kiera go after being captured by his followers was fair as she let him live
Author: bala    Time: 7-16-2013 08:58     Subject: Reply 103#103 codebreaker's post

Yes but i wonder if Julian will allow her a second chance but he sure had one hell of following. Alex's girlfriend growing conscience is amusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-23-2013 00:09     Subject: 2x11 Second Guess

Julian using Alec's code for the cyber-attack was one thing but walking into the police station to blame him was going too far and Jim's set-up backfiring is bound to put his life in danger
Author: bala    Time: 7-23-2013 05:55     Subject: Reply 106#106 codebreaker's post

Well now that Kara has all time travelling pieces the question is how long will it take Alec send her back to her time ?. Since we are very close season finale i think clifhanger will Kara going back to her time and finding out things have changed.
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2013 10:06     Subject: Second Last

This was most action packed episode of the season and what a way to end the episode but kara wiping her memory was great however the fact there's already camera in the lab means someone knows where Kara hide the device.
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 7-29-2013 15:21     Subject: Reply 109#109 bala's post

I really enjoyed the action.  That was a pleasant change.  So sorry to see Emily go. I'm wondering if her "departure" is the catalyst for Alec.  Hmmm

I'm really glad that Carlos has the fight scene.  Yummy  

Was that the season finale?
Author: bala    Time: 7-30-2013 02:51     Subject: Reply 110#110 arksongbird80's post

nope next week season finale
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-30-2013 07:06     Subject: 2x12 Second Last

Alec's was bound to find out Emily was working for Usher sooner or later but telling him the truth was a pleasant surprise and paying with her life was sad
Author: bala    Time: 7-30-2013 11:26     Subject: Reply 112#112 codebreaker's post

She told him because she's in love with him but than finding out what that device does certainly open her mind.
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2013 08:28     Subject: Second Time

What a way to link this episode back season 2 start when we saw Kara in some sort of prison now we know how she got there but who would thought it was Alex who use time travel device .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-6-2013 10:30     Subject: 2x13 Second Time

It's was good that Alec winked at Kiera as I thought he had turned his back on her after Emily was shot but Alec using the time machine to save Emily was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2013 10:32     Subject: Reply 116#116 codebreaker's post

That's bound backfire in the future ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-6-2013 10:51     Subject: Reply 117#117 bala's post

Surely Alec needs to go back not forward if he wants to save Emily
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2013 11:03     Subject: Reply 118#118 codebreaker's post

yes but after he save her that changes the future since she don't mean to be alive in the future ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-6-2013 11:14     Subject: Reply 119#119 bala's post

Kiera has changed Alec time line so if it wasn't for Kiera, Emily might not of died
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2013 11:19     Subject: Reply 120#120 codebreaker's post

I thought it was future Alec who changed his own time line since we found out he knew they had a time travel device used Kara to help him?.

This is going lead to very confusing conversation but from what i understood from this week episode was that future alec in Kara time line knew that he made mistakes in his life and he used criminal time travel device to change his past for better future right ? That was his justification for sending kara back in time.
Author: bala    Time: 9-4-2013 08:41     Subject: Reply 122#122 codebreaker's post

But we know it will much sooner in canada
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2014 13:55

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0