Board logo

Subject: The New Normal Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-5-2012 11:29     Subject: The New Normal Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The New Normal Premiered on NBC on September 11, 2012

These days, families come in all forms - single dads, double moms, sperm donors, egg donors, one-night-stand donors... It's 2012 and anything goes.

Bryan and David are a Beverly Hills couple and they have it all. Well, almost. With successful careers and a committed and loving partnership, the one thing missing is a baby. And just when they think the stars will never align, enter Goldie, an extraordinary young woman with a checkered past. A Midwestern waitress and single mother looking to escape her dead-end life and small-minded grandmother, Goldie decides to change everything and move to L.A. with her precocious eight-year-old daughter. Desperate and broke - but also fertile - Goldie quickly becomes the guys' surrogate and quite possibly the girl of their dreams. Surrogate mother, surrogate family.

From Emmy-winning hit-maker Ryan Murphy (" American Horror Story," " Glee," " Nip/Tuck") and starring Justin Bartha (" The Hangover," " The Hangover Part II"), Andrew Rannells (star of Broadway sensation " The Book of Mormon") and Emmy and Tony Award winning actor Ellen Barkin comes a fresh new comedy about the new normal family.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About The New Normal Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-27-2013 21:01 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-5-2012 11:29

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-28-2012 11:27

Author: bala    Time: 9-1-2012 00:17     Subject: Pilot

This was annoying comedy i barely got through this because gay couple were rather annoying on screen .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-7-2012 13:58

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-12-2012 00:21

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-14-2012 13:51     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

The gay guys wanting a baby has been done in Modern Family, Goldie catching her husband in bed six minutes after she left was quick but taking the car was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-14-2012 14:13     Subject: 1x02 Sofa's Choice

The nan drawing on the couch was amusing but a clever was to try and put them of children, Goldie being pregnant so soon was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-30-2012 13:42     Subject: 1x03 Baby Clothes

What a idiot complaining about the guys kissing considering he didn't want his daughter seeing that but with him arguing made it worse and Shania kissing the school boy was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-30-2012 14:01     Subject: 1x04 Obama Mama

The guys throwing a party to show Jane they have a diverse group of friends was interesting but Jane and the boys beginning a campaign to change Goldie's all important vote was bizarre
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2012 13:56     Subject: 1x05 Nanagasm

Jane experiences an unusual sensation during an encounter with a younger man was interesting but going to David for medical advice was a surprise and finding out the sensation was an orgasm was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2012 14:18     Subject: 1x06 Bryanzilla

Goldie supporting her daughter's fairy tale when Shania announces she is pretend engaged was interesting but going to hold an imaginary wedding was going a little too far consider her pretend husband is a player with lots of girlfriends
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-3-2012 09:24     Subject: 1x07 The Godparent Trap

What an interesting topic with David and Bryan looking to find godparents and Shania asking the guys to take care of the class guinea pig was unfortunate but I loved the confession
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-15-2012 03:07     Subject: 1x08 Unplugged

Trust Jane to get carried away with her new twitter account by posting the private video from Bryan that was supposed to surprise David but it was a good video
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-26-2012 02:46     Subject: 1x09 Pardon Me

Shania going to by a turkey for lunch was interesting but I'm not surprised they changed their minds after they were told to pick and kill their own bird but convincing Bryan to buy the lot and take care of them was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-27-2012 13:49     Subject: 1x10 The XY Factor

What a funny line "my boy and I will love our balls we will take our balls out for others to see and play with" it just a good job he was holing a baseball and looks like not everyone is happy when they accidentally learn the baby's gender, Shania's performance at the school was bizarre but getting suspended seemed hard
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-6-2012 00:46     Subject: 1x11 Baby Proofing

Trying to make the house safer for the baby does make you think but after seeing Bryan the parents also need to be baby proofed and I'm not surprised Jane got arrested with the gun
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-10-2013 03:31     Subject: 1x12 The Goldie Rush

I was surprised to see Matthew Bomer as a guest star playing Monty but asking Goldie to be his surrogate as well was interesting and Jane helping Shania to deal with some mean girls was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-17-2013 03:47     Subject: 1x13 Stay-At-Home Dad

Using Shania to see if they can be a stay-at-home fathers before the baby comes was interesting as they both have their floors but going to school on Saturday was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-25-2013 04:07     Subject: 1x14 Gaydar

Jane having a makeover thanks to her fellow realtor, Brice was great but trying to find out if he's a fashionable guy or if he is into fashionable guys turned out to be a disaster until the kiss
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-1-2013 01:04     Subject: 1x15 Dairy Queen

The protest about breastfeeding in public was great until Bryan joined in and Shania learning that Goldie didn't breastfeed her when she was a baby was interesting especially buying some on-line
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-21-2013 08:38     Subject: 1x16 Dog Children

Goldie being turned on by Shania's teacher with his take-charge parenting was amusing and I cant believe the dog was killed by a car when left overnight at the vets
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-27-2013 06:13     Subject: 1x17 Rocky Bye Baby

Shania coming up with the idea to have a surprise shower for Goldie was nice and Rocky comes out with more than she bargained for when Jane and herself visit the adoption center to take back their mink onesie was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2013 03:33     Subject: 1x18 Para-New Normal Activity

Some amusing costumes they had for Halloween and Clay dropping the custody battle for Shania was a pleasant surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-1-2013 10:18     Subject: 1x19 Blood, Sweat and Fears

Bryan fainting at birthing class was probable a good thing as it could of been a lot worse in the delivery room and Shania helping Rocky with child care was impressive but poor Amy giving birth in the back of the car with the birthing class as an audience
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-1-2013 10:35     Subject: 1x20 About a Boy Scout

David jumping at the chance to chaperone a Boy Scout overnight with his friend's son was interesting as one of the father disagreed with his lifestyle and his membership was revoked which was diabolical as his skills earn him the respect of all the other fathers
Author: suzannasinister    Time: 4-2-2013 11:19     Subject: The Big Day (spoilers)

This episode, though I have loved all of them, is the reason I watch this show all wrapped up in one.
My heart raced, soared, and ached during the build up for the first and failed ceremony all the way through baby birth, and final ceremony which was just wonderfully written!
I don't often get excited enough to comment on a series but The New Normal has really been a pleasure to follow.
Thanks  TV.net/VIPTV.net, for great programs
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2013 13:58     Subject: 1x21 Finding Name-O

Bryan and David trying to decide what to name their baby was interesting but Goldie revealing the origin of Shania's name was a little disturbing especially with the flashback
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2013 14:23     Subject: 1x22 The Big Day

What a nice season finale with wedding and the baby on the big day but the baby coming first spoiling the big wedding was just typical

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0