Board logo

Subject: Cult Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-22-2012 13:07     Subject: Cult Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cult Premieres on The CW on February 19, 2013

Investigative journalist Jeff Sefton has learned to laugh off his brother Nate's relentless string of obsessions, especially his latest rant that a hit TV show intends to harm him. However, when his brother mysteriously disappears, Jeff takes Nate's paranoia seriously, and in the process uncovers the dark underworld of the TV show "Cult" and its rabid fans. The only person who seems willing to help Jeff with his investigation is Skye, a young research assistant for "Cult," who has also started to grow suspicious of the increasingly dark happenings surrounding the show. The fictitious show, centered on the cat-and-mouse game between charismatic cult leader Billy Grimm and LAPD detective Kelly Collins, has become an obsession for its viewers – and now some of its devotees seem to be taking their fixation to deadly extremes in the real world. As Jeff and Skye dig deeper into the fan world, they discover that the gruesome plot twists on television are much more than fantasy for some very unfortunate people. The hardcore fans of "Cult" would kill to see what happens next…

The series stars Matt Davis ("The Vampire Diaries") as Jeff Sefton, Jessica Lucas ("Melrose Place," "Cloverfield") as Skye Yarrow, Alona Tal ("Supernatural," "The Killing") as Kelly Collins and Robert Knepper ( " Prison Break," "Shameless") as Billy Grimm.

CULT is from Fake Empire and Rockne S. O'Bannon Television in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Rockne S. O'Bannon ("Farscape," "V"), Josh Schwartz ("Chuck," "Gossip Girl"), Stephanie Savage ("Hart of Dixie," "Gossip Girl"), Len Goldstein ("Hart of Dixie") and Jason Ensler ("Franklin & Bash," "Hart of Dixie"). The pilot was directed by Jason Ensler and written by Rockne S. O’Bannon.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Cult Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-22-2012 13:07

Author: bala    Time: 1-8-2013 10:58     Subject: Cult Series Preview

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-21-2013 10:55

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-24-2013 12:38

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-28-2013 02:11 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2013 12:45

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-15-2013 03:09     Subject: 1x01 You're Next

The title is perfect as Jeff is next but this is a strange concept for a show and I think I will need to watch it a second time
Author: bala    Time: 2-16-2013 12:58     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I have feeling this is just too much to do however an interesting concept having tv show inside a series kind of like reality tv but more interesting.  I had a strange thought what if this is what happen to the following .

Both these show are about cult but if we were compare them The following is much better and i just feel like cult is trying teen version of the following but something went completely wrong and this was the end product. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-16-2013 13:02     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I watched it a second time and still none the wiser but will give it a couple more episodes
Author: bala    Time: 2-16-2013 13:09     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

I suppose we could discuss what you didn't understand
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-19-2013 18:13

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-20-2013 01:03

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-26-2013 20:26

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-7-2013 00:39 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-1-2013 02:43     Subject: 1x02 In the Blood

Merriam's Husband having her body buried so quick did make him look suspicious but meeting Detective Rosalind at the cemetery also makes her look guilty along with her tattoo
Author: bala    Time: 3-1-2013 02:54     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Well i trying figure when which one are actors and which one are real-the fact they swapping between them is getting annoying.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-8-2013 23:21

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-14-2013 19:17 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-10-2013 10:29     Subject: 1x03 Being Billy

They should of realised that recreating that crash would have consequences
Author: bala    Time: 3-10-2013 12:30     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yeah but who was running the game ?

Are we suppose believe brother ran the game since he's only had the list of players ?

I am trying figure out if the brother is in fact Billy ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-14-2013 23:38

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-15-2013 22:27

Author: bala    Time: 3-16-2013 06:44     Subject: Get With the Program

I honestly don't know why i bother watch this series because it really goes over the head
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-17-2013 06:56     Subject: 1x04 Get With the Program

I wonder how long Detective Rosalind can get away with being one of the followers and that was a close call in the underground bunker
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2013 02:40     Subject: Cult 1x06 Promo "The Good Fight" (HD)

Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2013 06:31     Subject: The Kiss

Well that was one hell of kiss she planted on him and look like his brother is protecting him but at least he know he's alive.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-29-2013 21:48

Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2013 08:58     Subject: The Good Fight

Just when you think this show can't get any more crazy they do a coma/dream episode . Need i say more ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-5-2013 19:32

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-6-2013 01:18     Subject: 1x05 The Kiss

Lexi spiking Skye's drink with something from Dustin who was a strange was stupid but Rosalind being the supplier will make things awkward
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-6-2013 01:53     Subject: 1x06 The Good Fight

Skye's hallucinations were freaky and you would of thought Lexi would of bent over backwards to help Skye as it was her fault but Rosalind not willing to help was predictable as she wants to protect her career but breaking into her home while she was in the garden was bound to have consequence
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-6-2013 02:22     Subject: 1x07 Suffer the Children

Getting the file about Rosalind being taken into custody by Child Protective Services 25 years ago was impressive but trust Annabelle the owner of the home to be one of the kids and was bound to get back to Rosalind
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2013 10:02     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Yes great to see Pamela (Army wives)  in another role
Author: bala    Time: 4-12-2013 06:25     Subject: NO SURPRISE

Unfortunate news, "Cult" fans -- The CW has dropped the series from its Friday night line-up.

Starring Matt Davis, Alona Tal, Robert Knepper, and Jessica Lucas, the meta drama -- about strange doings behind-the-scenes of a cult TV show on The CW called "Cult" -- has struggled in the ratings since its debut. It was moved from Tuesday night to Friday night, which has proven successful for The CW's genre fare in the past, but even on its new night the ratings didn't stabilize.

The CW has no immediate plans to air the remaining episodes of "Cult." The cast and crew did film a 13-episode season, but only seven episodes aired. For now, the upcoming episodes have been removed from The CW's schedule.

sOURCE
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2013 12:33

Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2013 03:17     Subject: 1x08 The Devil You Know

How can they call Sakelik a hero now she has killed herself but what a great find with the unedited video
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2013 11:07     Subject: 1x09 Off to See the Wizard

Jeff should of paid closer attention when they got in the van as he would of seen them put the phones in another motor but at leased he found her in the end and sad to think Andy is scared of his mother enough to run away
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2013 11:21     Subject: Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

Not quite sure what to make of this episode but i am glad she's dead
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2013 11:23     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Well that risk pretending loyal followers but figure out it wasn't real but i think i know who Steven rae is but finding out he had daughter was surprise and reason why he told her to keep eye on the actor.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-1-2013 22:33

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-5-2013 21:13

Author: bala    Time: 7-7-2013 07:16     Subject: The Prophecy of St. Clare

Well they found the church and he was so close to Nate but at least they getting closer behind who Steven is .
Author: bala    Time: 7-7-2013 07:19     Subject: Flip the Script

Finding out there theory about using TV and people perception of hidden images was fascinating we the amount of tv show we watch you have wonder if any of them have hidden message making us watch the show. Could you imagine if the theory was real tv executives would never have cancel a show if this theory was real.

The only close tv show that came close was Lost.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-7-2013 13:17     Subject: 1x10 The Prophecy of St. Clare

Nate letting his brother get the manuscript first was great but what a shame they were spotted tailing him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-7-2013 13:53     Subject: 1x11 Flip the Script

Nuro fusion being some sort of subliminal messaging through the TV I thought was a little predictable as it has been tried in adverts to make us buy them and Cult was obviously using it to gain followers but Kelly visions of her parents murders was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 08:02     Subject: 1x12 - 1987

The were lucky to get out of that burning building without being seen and that was an interesting trade offer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2013 08:33     Subject: 1x13 Executive Producer Steven Rea

Kelly going in alone without backup was stupid and you just knew something would happen to her but only one bullet to kill her mothers killer, Billy or herself was an interesting dilemma but accidentally shooting Billy was a surprise and Skye father saying the immortal catchphrase was a bizarre ending
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2013 08:38     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Yes but seriously how hell were able out run all those explosion ?
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2013 08:40     Subject: Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

Well so much for expecting them wrap up the story as soon they got nate back they should of ended it but look like her father would season 2 storyline if this series wasn't cancelled. It must be nice to see your father thinking he was dead you would of thought she would of hugged him ?

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0