Board logo

Subject: Cracked Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-8-2013 01:46     Subject: Cracked Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Cracked Premieres on CBC on January 08, 2013

CRACKED is a unique blend of a police and medical drama inspired by the real-life experiences of police officers and mental-health professionals. The hour-long series is a bold depiction of the psychological side of policing and the emotional impact on front-line workers. It's a fascinating yet affectionate exploration of all dimensions of human behavior.

CRACKED stars David Sutcliffe (Gilmore Girls, Private Practice) as Detective Aidan Black, a seasoned officer dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder, and Stefanie von Pfetten (NCIS, Battlestar Galactica) as psychiatrist Dr. Daniella Ridley, who leaves her prominent position at a downtown hospital to partner with the police. Black and Ridley are the lead team in a newly formed Psych Crimes Unit where they are joined by Poppy Wisnefski, a young cop cynical beyond her years played by Luisa D'Oliveira, and a compassionate psychiatric nurse, Leo Beckett, played by Dayo Ade. Together they combine police investigative skills and psychiatric insight to resolve crises and solve crimes.

The series reflects the reality that an overwhelming percentage of police calls involve people with mental illnesses or psychiatric disorders - people who cross all ages, incomes and ethnicities. The Psych Crimes Unit struggles to achieve balance between protecting the public from harm and protecting the dignity of all citizens ¬often at the expense of their own mental health.

CRACKED is created by writer Tracey Forbes (Flashpoint, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Toronto Emergency Task Force officer Calum de Hartog and is produced by White Pine Pictures in association with the CBC.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Cracked Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-8-2013 01:46

Author: bala    Time: 1-9-2013 10:24     Subject: pilot

Well i wish i could say i was impressed with the first episode but i wasn't with the amount cop shows i have watch over the past few years this was poor imitation of a cop show . It kind of like mix between criminal minds and The listener. I just don't see where this show can go because it's limited in the direction it can go. I had a tough time believing the main character was unstable because he seem like good cop who had moment of insanity and back to normal.

I suppose i should give it a few more episode but i wasn't impressed with the first episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2013 11:34     Subject: 1x01 How the Light Gets In

Who would of thought the coffee shop incidence would push him over the edge considering the last two incidence she mentioned and cuffing the victim to calm the situation down was quick thinking, that was a new diagnosis being called an ass hole by his doctor / partner
Author: bala    Time: 1-9-2013 11:39     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

He had concerns because she doesn't carry a gun certainly makes being his back up quite tricky?

That comment was her being honest to him

[ Last edited by bala at 1-9-2013 19:40 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2013 11:44     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

She is supposed to be a professional and calling him an ass hole isn't professional
Author: bala    Time: 1-9-2013 11:52     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

She was rather annoyed to have him as a partner so her comment about him being ass hole was ok because he isn't her patient she's his work partner. It would only be unprofessional if she is treating him and she call him that. I just took that as banter between the characters
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-9-2013 12:08     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

This reminds me more of Shattered than a cross between Criminal Minds and The Listener
Author: bala    Time: 1-9-2013 12:18     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yeah i couldn't think of that show -you really good memory on old shows
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-16-2013 10:12     Subject: 1x02 Fallen

It's a shame the manic patient's hallucinations were slowing them down in finding out where the violent murder actually took place and Daniella telling Aiden to stop after that beating was a surprise but she should now carry a gun
Author: bala    Time: 1-16-2013 12:44     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Well that was some beating she took but it really changed her you can tell she has just lost her innocence when she says she belong back in hospital. Look like we reached the turning point in this character very quickly the question is where will she go from here ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-18-2013 00:48

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: bala    Time: 1-23-2013 09:58     Subject: What We Can't See

Who would thought Truth was a cult leader so glad they managed to stop him before he killed 20 people  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-23-2013 13:51     Subject: 1x03 What We Can't See

What morons bulling a schoolgirl while she is holding a baseball bat and hypnotising the girl for directions to the compound was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-30-2013 05:30     Subject: 1x04 White Knight

Aidan memory laps allowing the psychotic killer from getting away from the woman in the car but the woman looking exactly the same as she was in the Boss was a surprise and Aidan developing a relationship with her was interesting as it turned out she had done it before but the way he got eyes in her place was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 1-30-2013 09:16     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes but she loves playing crazy women

Aiden actually getting his ex back was great result
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2013 14:58     Subject: 1x05 No Traveler Returns

Daniella was lucky not to of got hit after standing up for the killer to be released and Aiden shooting the hit and run driver was the right thing to do as he had already killed someone
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-15-2013 13:08     Subject: 1x06 Spirited Away

The abandoned baby was lucky Tray came along otherwise she could of been there all night long and finding out the babies mother was presumed dead after being kidnapped 15 years ago was incredible
Author: bala    Time: 2-16-2013 11:00     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

That was incredible but i was surprised she was that disturbed glad she didn't injury the baby before abandoned her. The ending when we found out she lost her baby years ago was sad.
Author: bala    Time: 2-20-2013 12:20     Subject: Rocket Man

Well crazy rockstar who own therapist is under medicate him which she uses to control him was sad i am surprised she wasn't suspended misuse her abilities .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-22-2013 07:07     Subject: 1x07 Rocket Man

You would of thought Billy's psychiatrist should of been struck off for mistreating her patient considering her actions resulted in two deaths
Author: bala    Time: 2-28-2013 09:42     Subject: The Thump Parade

Well Aiden trusting that women was a cop was suspicious you would thought he asked her for her ID or badge but trusted her seemed to make things more complicated since she was using unstable man as her informant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-1-2013 08:58     Subject: 1x08 The Thump Parade

Leo agreeing to go in lock-up to infiltrate the other prisoner was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2013 10:52     Subject: Cherry Blossoms

What a tragic situation mother thinking her daughter killed a girl and than getting rid of body but realise too late that she was alive
Author: bala    Time: 3-27-2013 12:11     Subject: Inquest

What a bad day for Aiden having defend his action on school bus shooting but finding out his partner had been secretly meeting with his bosses to assess his mental state was painful especially after the heart-to-heart conversation they had the previous day . .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-2-2013 01:20     Subject: 1x09 Cherry Blossoms

How tragic that Beth came home and found her daughter, Lindsay had killed herself and all because of a dress malfunction but realising the girl in the bag was still alive and not being able to do anything would be scary
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-2-2013 01:50     Subject: 1x10 Inquest

That did seem like a witch-hunt against Aidan after shooting the killer on the bus and the fact it was only Aidan who saved the rest of the kids on the bus and nobody was going after the medical professionals who allowed him to be on the streets was sickening
Author: bala    Time: 4-4-2013 09:12     Subject: Night Terrors

Well talk about awkward having go back work but changing partners was interesting as other partner didn't like changing
Author: bala    Time: 4-11-2013 04:35     Subject: Old Soldiers

Well the robbery having flashback with his time in Afghanistan was sad but it's good thing his friend managed to talk him down.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2013 15:59     Subject: 1x11 Night Terrors

So glad the serial rapist got hit with the baseball bat and it was so predictable that Aiden and Daniella would clash in the aftermath of the inquest
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2013 22:02     Subject: 1x12 Old Soldiers

The jogger was probably lucky the robber was suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder otherwise she may have been killed instead as he thought he was saving her from an air strike and being able to talk him down without any more killings was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-20-2013 13:28     Subject: 1x13 The Light in Black

It's a good job Olivia had her name in her clothes as she was in some sort of shock and as soon as Elliott turned up at the hospital I thought he looked suspicious but what he did to Daniella and the others he deserved the death penalty and I had no problem with him dying in hospital as it saves the expense of a trial
Author: bala    Time: 4-21-2013 02:11     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Why does he always play the bad guy he getting type casted except on his own shows.
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2013 02:56     Subject: 2x01 Swans

Great returning episode with a new member of the team who i actually like better than old one. She was great in this first episode and i was surprised to see her in this series but it was pleasant surprise i really hope she make this show better because i really enjoyed her. What a way introduce her and she certainly make things interesting for Aiden but please don't make her a love interest because that would really annoy me.

I had feeling that the kidnapping was for the patient not the drugs.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-3-2013 11:50     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

Why he insisted on kidnapping Emily the female patient from the locked psychiatric ward was suspicious right from the start but Emily injecting her doctor in the back of the ambulance was amusing and Nolan taking the baby was stupid
Author: bala    Time: 10-3-2013 12:11     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

What was funny was his girlfriend knew that was wrong but he didn't was ironic since she was the crazy one
Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2013 08:43     Subject: 2x02 The Price

Well witness having social anxiety resulting not being able to identify the shoot when she saw her face was tricky but they managed to make her remember.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-9-2013 03:42     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

I must admit I was expecting something to happen to Annika rather than witness her niece, Courtney being shot and the drummer who bailed at the last minute has to be the luckiest guy alive
Author: bala    Time: 10-9-2013 06:25     Subject: Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

Yeah but she was off from moment she entered the club so i figure she would be the mental case and i am surprised new girl doesn't know about Aiden PTSD you would think his boss would of inform her about his issue consider it's a safty issue.
Author: bala    Time: 10-15-2013 09:12     Subject: The Valley

This was sad Bum fighting but so glad they caught them red handed at the end but the fact it was suicide was a surprise
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-16-2013 01:40     Subject: 2x03 The Valley

Simon's mother, Alice did make herself look guilty cleaning up after he committed suicide and talk about a close call saving her from jumping
Author: bala    Time: 10-22-2013 07:32     Subject: Faces

What a great episode the fact war lord was hiding in plain sight and than pretending to have a disorder that prevent identify his attacker but what he did to that teenage girl brainwashing her into become a killer was sad.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-23-2013 03:08     Subject: 2x04 Faces

The doctors reaction when questioned about faking his face blindness condition was disturbing considering he's been treating him for 4 years but Julia killing the doctor was a surprise as he was a killer himself
Author: bala    Time: 10-29-2013 07:58     Subject: 2x05 The Hold Out

Well that was one stubborn old guy try keep his house but you got to feel sorry for all the things that happened to him but happy ending was well worth all his effort to keep his house
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-29-2013 09:18     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

The old guy did seem paranoid but being that determined to keep his home there was no way he would of blown it up but Aiden answering the prank phone call was lucky and Diane turning up drunk at Aiden after drunk girls night out was bad timing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-6-2013 10:13     Subject: 2x06 Ghost Dance

You can understand why some of them thought they had the killer but with another disappearance while he was in custody should of been a clue he was innocent and the kids being left in the car was a scary thought, what a tragedy the others thought the only way to stop the killer was to do it themselves
Author: bala    Time: 11-21-2013 08:33     Subject: 2x07 Hideaway

The way they started this episode was very amusing to me but than having her murdered leading to kidnapped girl was interesting conclusion . Her thinking she was enough to keep the guy addiction in check was sad.
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2013 08:59     Subject: Voices

Well a great episode which put main character in danger when 2 guys thinking doing massacre in rental complex but having the guys overhear the voice in his head did make him look crazy but finding out he couldn't distinguish between real voice lead to very dangerous situation for her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-28-2013 09:00     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

What a shame for Poppy's father being so close to retirement and Isabel protecting Tim after he murdered the community health worker was sad but at leased she came to her senses in the end
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-28-2013 10:30     Subject: 2x08 Voices

Mark was lucky he wasn't shot by the trigger happy cop and Clara going back after figuring out Mark heard the voices from the next apartment was brave but also lucky as she was able to help Aiden

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0