Board logo

Subject: Motive Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2013 02:34     Subject: Motive Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Motive Premieres on CTV on February 03, 2013

MOTIVE is an unconventional way to watch a crime drama unfold. Each episode of the new CTV Original Drama begins by revealing not only the victim, but the killer as well. It’s not a “whodunit,” it’s a “whydunit,” a question faced by spirited female Vancouver homicide detective Angie Flynn (Kristin Lehman) as she begins to piece together the clues from the crime. How are the victim and killer connected? What is the motive? As the mystery unfolds, the audience navigates a complicated maze of clues alongside the detective and her team.

In the series’ signature teaser, viewers meet the killer and the victim in two separate opening vignettes. This surprising format challenges both the lead character and the audience to solve the mystery each week. While Angie sets out to piece together a murder plot, viewers spend time with the killer both before and after the crime, giving them the opportunity to delve inside the mind of a criminal, and understand their motive.

Flashbacks to the killer and victim amplify the tension and reveal their shared backstory. The narrative focuses on the unique cat-and-mouse element of the series as Angie closes in on the killer, and the evidence needed to solve the crime.

MOTIVE’s disarming and street-smart lead character Angie Flynn doesn’t suffer fools or authority figures lightly. Leading criminals and co-workers alike down the garden path, they soon realize that taking this sexy and sassy force-of-nature at face value is a major mistake. Viewers will be entertained by Angie’s character, intrigued by her investigation, and emotionally invested in both.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Motive Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-4-2013 21:58 ]
Author: bala    Time: 2-4-2013 05:05     Subject: Pilot

Well this was average crime drama but it was nice know who the killer was at the start and who victim was and how it unfolded.   . I have to say he was very lucky at house hiding in attic and get away but photo on her phone was odd because when he escaped she was in house so how she got photo of him leaving was strange.

I had a feeling the dog was key to solving the case
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-5-2013 02:52     Subject: 1x01 Creeping Tom

Telling the dog to sit was amusing as none of the others would go in the room and no wonder the wife was in the spare room but not doing a complete search of the house was careless and Willy going after the reward was stupid and I'm not surprised the other kid tried to frame him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-7-2013 01:37

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-11-2013 09:41     Subject: 1x02 Crimes of Passion

Killing his babysitter with a hit-and-run accident was diabolical but framing her ex-boyfriend was impressive but David's reaction after he was released made himself looked suspicious
Author: bala    Time: 2-11-2013 09:55     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I have to admit it was rather impressive frame job but i am glad it's was driver seat that give the cop suspicion because it was overlooked
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2013 07:45     Subject: Pushover

I had feeling that Leann was using the customs officer and i am not surprised he tried to frame her after he found out she was using him .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2013 11:11     Subject: 1x03 Pushover

I cant believe the customs guy thought nobody would come back for the money and pills but framing Leann with the pills while he took the money was clever considering she was playing him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-4-2013 14:36     Subject: 1x04 Against All Odds

The $1 million life-insurance would make you think that was a motive for the wife but the connection between the lawyer and the killer was not what I expected
Author: bala    Time: 3-5-2013 07:55     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yes that was surprise but who wouldn't kill for that shame she got blood otherwise she would been a millionaire
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-12-2013 11:15     Subject: 1x05 Public Enemy

Chloe killing Michael after seeing his photo in an open house seemed strange until we found out what he had done to her and to be honest he got what he deserved
Author: bala    Time: 3-12-2013 11:33     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yes he got what he deserved but that did take a lot of planning to do .

The fact the female cop seems to be only detective that figure out people motives is crazy.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-12-2013 11:37     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

The two women connected to the victim both being from other shows we have watched was nice

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-12-2013 19:38 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-17-2013 00:30     Subject: 1x06 Detour

Barry being a year sober only to wake up drunk with scratches on his arm was interesting as he was the killer and going back to clean the phone was a close call but him being a cop explained how he knew what to do
Author: bala    Time: 3-17-2013 01:51     Subject: Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

It was a tough case but she really went beyond to get the guy following him to his hometown so make him crack up.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-17-2013 01:55     Subject: Reply 16#16 bala's post

Being told to take a couple of days off was interesting as you just knew she would carry on investigating in her own time
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2013 06:37     Subject: Out of the Past

Well if your stupid enough to have you photo taken and put in the national newspaper when your a war criminal i don't know what to say ?. That was careless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-5-2013 00:19     Subject: 1x07 Out of the Past

I liked the way the victim handled the robbers before he was murdered as he was out numbered 3 to 1 and going after the killer knowing what she had done in the past was a little careless, Angie adding dynamite too rock, paper, scissors was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-5-2013 01:50     Subject: 1x08 Undertow

Strangers on a train style murder was clever as it would of been too obvious if Charles had killed his brother for what happened to his son
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-5-2013 02:40     Subject: 1x09 Framed

The son going to see the victim was unfortunate as he had no idea his mother was the killer but trying to take the blame to protect his mother was predictable, what a moron she was painting over a masterpiece worth over a million dollars for a lousy hundred dollars
Author: bala    Time: 4-5-2013 05:18     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Well how did she know it was master piece she wasn't the expert the victim was but she could of shared the money ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-5-2013 05:23     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

Why when she was over the moon that she gave her $100 dollars at first and she would of never know if it wasn't for her son wanting to date her
Author: bala    Time: 4-5-2013 06:11     Subject: Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

Yeah that's true but she should of done a better job of hiding it the painting.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-5-2013 14:15 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2013 14:33     Subject: 1x10 Fallen Angel

With gambling debts like that I'm not surprised he went to those measure get money but the priest finding the diamond before him and lying about his father would send you over the top
Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2013 09:52     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

The priest did say he would give him the diamond he should taken them pay his debt instead of killing him. I would understand if he said no and he killed him but when he offered give him the rest he should taken it. I rather have the money than revenge.
Author: bala    Time: 5-3-2013 08:17     Subject: Brute Force

Another good episode who would of thought murder weapon would be in the wheelchair
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-4-2013 06:18     Subject: 1x11 Brute Force

Joey blaming the guy with the scare was a bad move as he was dead but the news conference to make him look like the grieving brother was suspicious
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-11-2013 03:07     Subject: 1x12 Ruthless

You would of thought after killing the wrong person she would of done a runner and going back for a second attempt was a bold move knowing the police were investigating but sad that she is also dying which makes sense why she went back
Author: bala    Time: 5-11-2013 08:17     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Well at least she did a smart murder i appreciate that since previous few episodes have been crime of passion
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-17-2013 10:51     Subject: 1x13 The One Who Got Away

The psychiatrist trying to psychoanalyse Angie into making her think she was responsible at the time of the trial was really clever way to try and shift the blame
Author: bala    Time: 5-17-2013 11:10     Subject: Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

We had a double killer which was surprise
Author: bala    Time: 3-15-2014 10:50     Subject: 2x01 Raw Deal

Well this was a great returning episode and having some from a hit & run actually fall in love with women who husband died in that hit & run was one hell of a twist of fate but trying to protect that secret got him killed all because he wanted confess to it.
Author: bala    Time: 3-15-2014 10:51     Subject: 2x02 They Made Me a Criminal

Well i can understand the mother wanting protect her son from drug dealer but the husband thinking his wife was having an affair was amusing but cover murder was good job but you just knew they would figure it out
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2014 02:11     Subject: 2x03 Overboard

Well that women was lucky the guy told her he wasn't in love with her otherwise she would of been dead .
Author: bala    Time: 3-29-2014 05:51     Subject: 2x04 Deception

Well what a sad outcome on both front first Stan the victim was medical examiner who testify on innocent man neglect of accidental drowning of children made it look like the guy was guilty but if he wasn't for his muder they would never of known what he was up to and killer losing her husband and child was sad now she going to jail leaving her daughter with her father who she hates because she think he was murder of her brother.
Author: bala    Time: 4-6-2014 04:47     Subject: 2x05 Dead End

Another good episode but you could understand why her best friend killed her after what happened to her mother
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2014 02:27     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

I liked the romantic proposal but sad he was the killers and the fact he obviously researched the wrist slashing but slipped up by doing both wrist was careless and I had a felling altering the date on his camera was a bad idea
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2014 02:55     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

The killer was lucky she spotted the the blood on her shoulder before getting out of her car but you can understand why they thought Sophia was having an affair and ironic the husband was trying to cover for her when his GPS on her car did the opposite
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2014 03:39     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

At first I thought the killer was a hit-man with him taking photos and framing Meredith husband was sneaky but how many killers would keep the murder weapon in their car
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2014 08:39     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

With the construction worker being a killer the arrogant driver almost running her over was lucky but what a tragedy that she lost her son and husband
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2014 10:40     Subject: Reply 37#37 bala's post

No wonder Janine changed her hair colour after being seen leaving her bike but her dad getting Emily pregnant was careless and Emily surviving the fall before having her head smashed in was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2014 11:15     Subject: 2x06 Bad Blonde

Heather was a calm killer leaving the body disposal to Gordon while she went to the police station for an interview but calling the police on him when he was doing her a favour was evil
Author: bala    Time: 4-12-2014 05:56     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

I know heather was a really unbelievable using Gordan love for her to help him when all he did was make look like her boyfriend was cheating but at least we found why he didn't call the police. .
Author: bala    Time: 4-20-2014 05:33     Subject: Pitfall

Well the fact it was planned and executed without anything bad in mind was a nice change all for the insurance money
Author: bala    Time: 5-3-2014 08:37     Subject: Abandoned

Well with a mother that controlling no wonder he wanted to escape but trying to get her grandson the other girl had no choice but kill her by taking advantage an accident was some quick thinking
Author: bala    Time: 5-10-2014 10:33     Subject: Nobody Lives Forever

Well taking over someone identity was great until someone from their home country recognised him but trying to kill her certainly backfired because easiest thing would been to pay his wife off but i understand that he didn't want to be exposed
Author: bala    Time: 5-18-2014 01:15     Subject: A Bullet for Joey

Well this is why you really try ripping off a family trying con them out of their family house but all 3 of brother shoot him was nice twist as only one of them actually had a real bullet.
Author: bala    Time: 5-30-2014 05:50     Subject: Kiss Of Death

That was impressive murder but using his student assignment to kill the author was risky but finding out he did it because she stole his book idea was sad
Author: bala    Time: 5-30-2014 05:51     Subject: For You I Die

Wow what a season finale almost great frame job on the cop but you knew she would figure it out . Her thinking she might quit would be sad because she's a great detective for a moment i really thought her partner was going admit his feelings for her.

[ Last edited by bala at 5-30-2014 13:52 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2014 09:54     Subject: 2x07 Pitfall

The victim planing his own demise for the insurance money made sense as he was dying from cancer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2014 10:18     Subject: 2x08 Angels With Dirty Faces

Peter trying to kill James was interesting as James was spending his mothers money like it was going out of fashion while Peter was caring for his ill mother but going back to the hospital to finish him off was sickening until he was using James death to save his mother who needed a transplant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2014 11:33     Subject: 2x09 Abandoned

Jason was the obvious choice for his mothers murder as he was the beneficiary to her estate but Sasha killing her by accident was unfortunate but covering it up with the fire was the worst thing she could of done
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2014 11:59     Subject: 2x10 Nobody Lives Forever

Isabelle being responsible for killing John was interesting as it turned out he was trying to kill her but making it look like he was trampled by his own horse was clever attempt to cover it up and what a shame her passport was locked in the safe as she would of gotten away
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2014 12:36     Subject: 2x11 A Bullet for Joey

The brothers wanting to throw Donnie under the bus for Joey's murder was cruel but Erin sleeping with him to save the business and him backing out of the deal was bound to annoy the brothers
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2014 13:15     Subject: 2x12 Kiss Of Death

Poisoning her perfume so she killed herself was devious and the husband was lucky she was having an affair as the boyfriend was also dying but the killer poisoning himself was karma
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-12-2014 13:49     Subject: 2x13 For You I Die

Angie covering for Cross in the ten year old case after he killed the hostage in-front of her daughter followed by Angie killing the husband was surprising and as Samantha was investigating the case I'm not surprised Angie wanted to come clean especially after the daughter Julie was also killed But Slater making it look like Cross was responsible was evil

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-30-2016 09:00 ]
Author: bala    Time: 3-9-2015 06:03     Subject: 3x01 Six Months Later

it was strange seeing Angie in police uniform but i am glad she back on the team so much for making deal nothing to protect him from victim father
Author: bala    Time: 3-16-2015 10:21     Subject: 3x02 Calling the Shots

I like when the motive isn't what we thought it was going to be since it was all pointing to husband cheating on her but finding out it was because ponzi scheme was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2015 11:29     Subject: 3x03 Oblivion

This was another episode where motive wasn't clear until the end of the episode it's sad to think Canadian can do better cop drama than USA
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2015 11:30     Subject: 3x04 The Glass House

I really didn't see that coming that she was kidnapped from her father
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 01:41     Subject: 3x01 Six Months Later

I first thought the victim was killed because of the engineers report  but him being dropped for a woman was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 02:09     Subject: 3x02 Calling the Shots

You would of thought the victim was killed because she slept with the wrong guy but killing her because she wanted her investment back was sick
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 02:33     Subject: 3x03 Oblivion

Angie continuing to investigate London's death was understandable and the reason behind this weeks killing was a surprise but Isaac leading the police to her was unfortunate
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 03:25     Subject: 3x04 The Glass House

The victim being dismembered seemed like overkill and the woman's face when her dog found the hand was understandable but finding where the dog found it was impressive, the killer going back to the victims home to see the wife and daughter was bold but being abducted as a child was an interesting twist
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 03:58     Subject: 3x05 The Suicide Tree

The so called sweet florist looked so innocent but killing the guy just to try and keep her boyfriend safe was a surprising twist and attacking Betty to get to the body was crazy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 06:52     Subject: 3x06 Fallen

At first you would of thought the murder of the street artist an accident but being killed by a 14 year old kid was disturbing and trying to run just made him look more guilty
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 07:37     Subject: 3x07 Pilot Error

Angie hitting another brick wall in the other case was a little predictable and the pilot trying to calm the victim during her flight did make him look like a nice guy but how he killed her was surprising as she was going to attack him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 08:02     Subject: 3x08 Reversal of Fortune

I first thought the tarot-card reader was killed because she was a phony but he was only trying to protect his sister and Angie taking a photo of the notice board was obviously for handwriting analysis
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 08:28     Subject: 3x09 Best Enemies

I'm not surprised the sleazy photographer was the prime suspect after calling his lawyer before the police when he found her body and taking a shower didn't help but with his behaviour he was an easy person to frame, everyone being interviewed about Angie’s methods was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 09:49     Subject: 3x10 Purgatory

Two dead bodies to investigate was different as only one was the victim and Vega inadvertently helping her at the crime scene was bound make him more motivated but what happened to her five years ago was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 10:15     Subject: 3x11 The Amateurs

Trying  to catch the killer with three separate homicides to investigate was going to be challenging but the killer was lucky he wasn't killed by the brother
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 10:41     Subject: 3x12 Frampton Comes Alive

Maria taking the promotion was asking for trouble as she was the leak Neville was after and having a neighbour like that would drive anybody to kill him
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 11:11     Subject: 3x13 A Problem Like Maria

Finishing the season with Maria as the victim and Neville being her killer has been a long time coming but trying to frame his son first was diabolical and Maria being his daughter after raping her mother was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 11:59     Subject: 4x01 The Vanishing Policeman

The victims wife was a little calm finding out her husband was dead but Murray killing his brother for beating up his wife was sad but after seeing his father do the same thing to his mother you can understand why he flipped
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-30-2016 12:25     Subject: 4x02 The Dead Name

The football player was bound to be a suspect for his wife's murder but her once being a guy was surprising and taking out life insurance before faking her death would make things complicated if she had come clean to the press
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-6-2016 03:06     Subject: 4x03 Index Case

If the team investigating the death in a spa wasn't bad enough but the body being infected with a mysterious disease everyone was in danger and with the girlfriend also dying you can understand why they suspected her at first
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-15-2016 11:35     Subject: 4x04 The Score

Throwing a rock through Angie's car widow just so she would spoil their undercover operation was over the top and looks like Hank jumped the gun in killing Vince as the guy he stole from is now holding Him responsible but him being his daughters biological father was a little predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2016 05:35     Subject: 4x05 The Scorpion and the Frog

Finding what looked like the crime scene at the same time as the victim thanks to the doctor was lucky but the fact he framed his patient was devious and what a surprising end with the doctor also being killed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-28-2016 10:47     Subject: 4x06 Interference

If killing the victim wasn't bad enough and abducting the victim's ill child as well was surprising but at leased she dropped him off at hospital after having a fit and who would of thought the mother was poisoning her son
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-7-2016 10:36     Subject: 4x07 The Dead Hand

You just knew Angie going back to work for her passport was a bad idea but taking her and the office hostage wasn't what I expected and getting them to re-look at her sons case was great as they found him innocent
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-16-2016 01:46     Subject: 4x08 Foreign Relations

Looked like the victim got too friendly to the wrong girl but being killed by the girls sister before he talked was a mistake
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-20-2016 11:37     Subject: 4x09 Remains to Be Seen

The video game designer being decapitated was a hell of a way to die but how the killer wasn't picked up on the screen was clever and the fact he killed the victims father the same way was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-29-2016 10:56     Subject: 4x10 In Plain Sight

Jessica killing her sister Chloe after the trouble she went to find her after being abducted as a child was bizarre and finding out the private eye hired an imposter after finding the real Chloe died in a car crash was diabolical but Chloe being killed because she was planing to kill their mother made sense and only doing what their mother wanted was tragic
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-9-2016 02:25     Subject: 4x11 Natural Selection

Liz being found in a medieval costume was understandable as she did do live action role play and leading Rachel astray was obviously too much for her father
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-25-2016 23:58     Subject: 4x12 Chronology of Pain

Judge Rodman surviving an explosion at her home was lucky but the judge dying a short while later from the explosion was tragic and her intern being so eager to help considering what she done was arrogant
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-2-2016 09:16     Subject: 4x13 Remains

Not telling her boyfriend she was in a car crash was bizarre but knowing she was the killer the time line was confusing with her stuck in a forest and the victim looked like he was hit by a helicopter tail blade, Angie was lucky they found her in time after Lexi tried to kill her

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0