Board logo

Subject: Orphan Black Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2013 09:57     Subject: Orphan Black Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Orphan Black” follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah, who will be portrayed by actress Tatiana Maslany (“Picture Day”). After witnessing a woman’s suicide, Sarah assumes the stranger’s identity, who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman’s savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth: she and the dead woman are clones.

As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there — genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she’ll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one. (Source: BBC America)

TV SITE
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2013 13:19

I am impressed that a Canadian actress can do a British accent reasonable well as well as American accent.
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2013 09:38     Subject: Pilot

Well i like give most series a shot but i think the problem is for a show like this you need a good lead actress and this is first time she is the lead, normally she a supporting cast member but this is her first lead show and given the content i think he made a decent effort but her confused face all the time got a bit annoying.

So let discuss she decided to take a dead women identity but doesn't research it far enough when she realises she's a cop and now that dead women is her so now things are getting complicated . What a cliffhanger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2013 01:03

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2013 09:35     Subject: instinct

Well she doing a good job of impersonate Beth but boy she's a fast learner
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2013 05:22     Subject: 1x01 Natural Selection

What a start for Sarah witnessing the suicide of her double, Beth but what a strange choice to assume her identity until she found out about the bank account and after the police interview it was obvious why Beth killed herself, making out with Paul who was a stranger to protect her new identity was amusing but her saying she had a hair cut when it was longer was priceless, what a disaster making it look like Sarah had died so loosing her daughter and Beth being a target I don't think the money is worth risking her life for
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2013 08:00     Subject: 1x02 Instinct

If Sarah having Beth ID wasn't bad enough but two more apparent identical should make thing confusing
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2013 08:28     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

There's more than 2 so far i count 5
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-9-2013 08:32     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

I only seen four so far Sarah / Beth / Alison / Cosima
Author: bala    Time: 4-14-2013 07:48     Subject: Variation Under Nature

I really hope she doesn't runner with the money but it does look like she staying but i knew killer had to be one clone she really a bit messed up with all those scares on her back
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-17-2013 10:17     Subject: 1x03 Variation Under Nature

I thought Sarah just wanting to get her hands on the money was going to make Art even more suspicious but saving his life was great way to get his trust back and the way she holstered her gun was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2013 10:20     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes that was funny you would think she would watch a cop show at least once in her life
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-17-2013 10:31     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

By the time she would of drawn her gun she would be dead and to make thing worse she hadn't even loaded it
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2013 10:46     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

She was lucky she could grab metal pipe
Author: bala    Time: 4-21-2013 06:31     Subject: Effects of External Conditions

Well getting her clone to meet her daughter was predictable but getting found out by the daughter was amusing. That was a close call in the apartment but her quitting is bound to raise questions. Thing have certainly spiral out of control. Just when you think it can't get any more complicated it does with what happen at the end.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-22-2013 09:42     Subject: 1x04 Effects of External Conditions

That was crafty going into the police station after Sarah had left and Kira going along with the lie about her being her mother should be interesting
Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2013 09:44     Subject: Conditions of Existence

Well who would of thought Beth's boyfriend was one people monitor her and finding out she was being experiment while she was sleeping was really freaky but them leaving one electors on her was a careless mistake. Vic finding her was bound eventually happen he can make this whole situation worse
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-29-2013 01:55     Subject: 1x05 Conditions of Existence

After what Sarah found in her mouth I'm not surprised her suspicions turn to Paul, Beth’s boyfriend but he must be suspicious as well because there has got to be differences in their behaviour never mind the missing scare
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-4-2013 23:44     Subject: 1x06 Variations Under Domestication

Alison being paranoid was interesting but with her attacking Donny just added a whole new level of complications especially with the part upstairs and saying he was tied up was amusing, if Vic comes back after this attack he must have a death wish
Author: bala    Time: 5-5-2013 01:48     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Vic really is crazy but i hope after the nailgun did the trick if he comes back after that he gets what he deserved. Beth telling him the truth save her from getting drugged. I am surprised she notice changing the bottle?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-12-2013 08:59     Subject: 1x07 Parts Developed In An Unusual Manner

Paul risking his life to warn Sarah was a surprise considering she has has kept essential information from him but returning the favour to save him was brave
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2013 09:57     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Yes it's great to see paul actually be a good guy but smart move getting psycho clone to back her up and her cutting his tail was rather amusing it put a smile on my face-is that wrong
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-19-2013 05:46     Subject: 1x08 Entangled Bank

Alison getting vengeance on who she thought was her suspected monitor was interesting but the cat fight was amusing and I cant believe Helena would put Kira's life in danger
Author: bala    Time: 5-19-2013 06:45     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Helena is nut case so i am not surprised but Kira shouldn't of opened the door
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-25-2013 05:49     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

I read the synopsis of the show and was very intrigued. Decent premiere episode...hopefully it speeds up a little bit.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-26-2013 03:53     Subject: 1x09 Unconscious Selection

It looks like Kira’s life might of been saved because of her mothers cloned DNA but Alison walking in on her own surprise intervention was amusing and Cosima finding out the truth about Delphine was sad, twins was a nice twist
Author: bala    Time: 5-26-2013 11:53     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

Well she was lucky but now most people now know she's Sarah she can't hide any more
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-2-2013 02:52     Subject: 1x10 Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Alison allowing Aynsley to choke to death was a surprise and Helena left Sarah no choice after killing their mother but Sarah's partner being a watcher was an interesting twist
Author: bala    Time: 6-2-2013 02:56     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Look like Alison was right first time when she suspect her husband but he really was a good actor but finding there are patent was crazy revelation
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-2-2013 03:01     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

How on earth were they allowed to patent a gene sequence but having a second season is good news
Author: bala    Time: 6-2-2013 03:14     Subject: Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

i assume it fall under the medical research patent
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-2-2013 03:18     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

You would assume human DNA cloning was illegal
Author: bala    Time: 6-2-2013 03:24     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Yes it is but gene sequence research isn't given  that there were claiming the research was a way to use gene sequence cure cancer . As long as they are not caught they could get away with it. This is a pure guess using common sense
Author: bala    Time: 6-4-2013 07:27     Subject: Reply 50#50 codebreaker's post

She is a talented actress certainly can give Nina Dobrev a run for her money playing different characters
Author: Milks26    Time: 6-17-2013 20:24     Subject: 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany reeling from Critics' Choice win

'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany reeling from Critics' Choice win

TORONTO - Regina-born actress Tatiana Maslany says she's still in denial after scoring a surprise best actress win at the Critics' Choice Television Awards.
The Canuck star of "Orphan Black" triumphed Monday night over seasoned rivals including Claire Danes from "Homeland," Keri Russell from "The Americans," Julianna Margulies from "The Good Wife," Vera Farmiga from "Bates Motel" and Elisabeth Moss from "Mad Men."

Maslany says from Los Angeles that she is definitely "the weirdo in that group," and is trying not to focus too much on murmurs that the win could catapult her to more international fame.
Last year's critics' choice actress winner — Danes from "Homeland" — went on to win the best actress Emmy Award.
The 27-year-old Maslany earned the critics' pick for her multiple turns in the Toronto-shot Space series, where she plays several varied characters who are clones of each other.

For those late to the sci-fi drama, season one repeats on Space beginning Thursday and is also streaming online at space.ca. Season two of "Orphan Black" begins filming in Toronto this fall.

"I'm still kind of in denial that it even happened, it's all pretty surreal," Maslany said Tuesday from Santa Monica, noting she thought there was "no way" she would win the category.
"It's like, Vera Farmiga and Claire Danes and Keri Russell — these actresses who I've been watching since I was seven and have always admired and just (are) completely out of my league. It was just crazy. Even just being in that room, I couldn't believe that I was even in that space with Bryan Cranston and Patton Oswalt and all these heroes of mine."

Online clips of the bash show Maslany's voice wavering as she accepted a trophy from presenters Jimmy Smits and Angela Bassett.

"Thank you so much to the critics — our weird little show would be nowhere without you guys talking about it," a bewildered Maslany said before going on to thank broadcasters BBC America and Space, her publicists and her hair and makeup team.
"Thank you to John Fawcett and Graeme Manson, the creators of this show, for giving me the greatest opportunity of my life.... I'm so honoured to be in this room, thank you."

The win is just the latest kudo for Maslany, who received a breakout performance special jury prize at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival for her coming-of-age film "Grown Up Movie Star" and was named a "rising star" at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, a distinction meant to showcase the next generation of Canadian actors poised for international careers.

Maslany will be up for another best actress prize at the Television Critics Association Awards on Aug. 3. The Toronto-shot "Orphan Black" also scored a nomination for best new program.

"I think these kind of things are amazing for just the visibility that it gets you," she says of all the attention.

"Nobody's heard of me so just to get my name out there and (to know) that the critics are seeing the work I've done and the work that's happening on 'Orphan Black' and appreciating it and wanting to reward it or whatever, that's incredible and that can only help a career and only help somebody who's otherwise unknown."

The prospect of now being in the middle of Emmy chatter is "ridiculous," she adds.

"For me, the reward is doing the work and this other stuff is incredible and amazing but ... not why I do what I do. It's not the reason I'm an actor," says Maslany, who names Gena Rowlands as an actress she admires with a career she would like to emulate.
"We're very much about the career being a long-term thing and not kind of (what's) hot and that's it. Fame or any of that stuff is not in my dreams and it's not where I want to be and I just want to be working for the rest of my life so that's very much the kind of trajectory that we're trying to create."

"Orphan Black" is a particularly challenging series because it demands so many different sides of Maslany — she alternately plays a soccer mom, a street-smart British orphan, a cornrow-headed science geek, a murderous big-haired blonde and a mysterious German, among others.
"Every job is hard in a different way and this one is just a different experience for me," says Maslany, whose other upcoming projects include a feature film opposite Richard Dreyfuss and directed by Jason Priestley called "Cas & Dylan."

"The challenge of it is what made me wake up every morning and want to be on set and what made me fall in love with the project... That's what excites me about working — is challenging myself. I get bored otherwise, my attention span is really short and I want to kind of have to push against the odds a little bit."

She wouldn't say if she'll be tackling more characters in season two but hinted that the season one finale "opened more doors."

courtesy http://ca.news.yahoo.com/orphan-black-star-tatiana-maslany-reeling-critics-choice-210154592.html
Author: Milks26    Time: 6-20-2013 10:34     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

I finally watched season 1 finale....here's my take

Donnie's revelation was no surprise to me (remember when he was burning the contents from his metal box). I always knew he was her monitor, Ainsley was just NOSY beyond compare. Alison is ("it's not easy, she's not easy") so the Group decided to have her monitor constant in her life versus someone who comes and goes, as it seems Mrs S is to Sarah. Or maybe she kidnap Sarah away from the labs to protect her.

I hope Cosima survives and she doesn't wait to long to tell her sisters that she's sick. I still don't trust Delphine or Paul!

Hopefully Mrs S was able to hide Kira and herself before the Neolionsits came.

It was good to see that Helena did not like the fate life dealt her, (living with the Bible thumpers etc.), but it was something she excepted because it was the only thing she knew. I felt for Sarah over the loss of her Mom...someone whom she longed to meet.

I thought Art would've uttered the 'C' word in the finale. He knows about Beth, Katja & Sarah.

Overall, great series...one of the MOST ORINIGNAL to air on TV in years....can't wait for season 2

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2014 12:21     Subject: The Cloneversation

Nice special with cast members and celebrity guests and Tatiana explaining her audition which was to do three characters was interesting
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-19-2014 22:02

Season 2 premiere is already on the site. It cannot get any better than that!  
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-19-2014 22:42

Oh man! What a great premiere. I knew Helena was not dead, you can't kill such a good character. I like how they kept it under wraps. They showed all the other clones in previews but keeping one inside their pocket.

Helena (the clones) genes/patent is what's kept her alive.

It appears that the religious zealots have Kira.....I thought they would reveal that Mrs S saw the dangers ahead and whisked her away. However, my prediction can still be possible, next week's episode: ' Sarah enlists Art’s help to find Kira and is shocked when she learns where the trail leads' courtesy http://www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-black/videos/trailer-governed-by-sound-reason-and-true-religion/ Time will tell

And how can I forget Sarah impersonating Cosima. We've seen Sarah + Allison & Allison + Sarah.....but, not the latter so that was fun to see.

I'll never trust Paul or Delphine....no matter what. Art on the other hand....it's about time they brought him closer to Sarah and the others.

Overall, excellent premiere!
Author: bala    Time: 5-11-2014 09:36     Subject: Reply 70#70 Milks26's post

It was a great start to the season but finding out who kidnap  Kira was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 5-11-2014 09:39     Subject: Governed by Sound Reason and True Religion

Well we are certainly wonder how many bad guys are there out there that know about the clones ?
Author: bala    Time: 5-11-2014 09:41     Subject: Mingling Its Own Nature With It

Well finding who Kira father was and he really didn't didn't know but finding out he was mark was sad and Felix being mad that he didn't know who Kira father was amusing. He does seem like a good guy
Author: bala    Time: 5-11-2014 09:44     Subject: Governed as It Were by Chance

What the hell was Sarah thinking breaking into Racheal apartment but who would of thought Helena would escape and rescue her mind you it was great cliffhanger not knowing what she's going to do with her.
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-11-2014 11:51

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 5-11-2014 09:36  
It was a great start to the season but finding out who kidnap  Kira was a surprise
I always knew Mrs S had Kira....figured that out since last season

[quote - posted by Bala]Governed by Sound Reason and True Religion
Well we are certainly wonder how many bad guys are there out there that know about the clones ?[/quote]

Well, when you think about it the current bad guys have always been there. DYAD institute, the cops, and the cult lead Henrik is not new (just expanded). Remember he's leading a flock of followers who broke away from the original Prolethean brotherhood that Helena belonged to.
Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 5-11-2014 09:41  
Well finding who Kira father was and he really didn't didn't know but finding out he was mark was sad and Felix being mad that he didn't know who Kira father was amusing. He does seem like a good guy  ...
Yeah,  I've been waiting for dad to pop up to.

My only issue with that episode was how the guy who works for Dyad found Sara & Kira. How did he track them to the town, much less to Cal's home???? In the end the cop might've felt  suspicious and follow him back to Cal's farm....but how did the other guy find them so fricking fast? The writers missed a couple of big steps in the script.
Author: bala    Time: 5-18-2014 01:07     Subject: Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Well stopping Elena from killing racheal was lucky because they framed Felix with murder Elena did was interesting and Racheal had no idea how close she was to getting a bullet in her head
Author: bala    Time: 5-25-2014 06:25     Subject: To Hound Nature In Her Wanderings

Well i am not sure where they are heading in this season but at least Sarah got answer who was responsible for creating them and find him with Mrs S suggest she knew all along they were more clones out there.
Author: Milks26    Time: 6-4-2014 21:21     Subject: Reply 85#85 codebreaker's post

2x6
Man, what an episode...the season is really heating up. You just gotta love Helena....such an animal

2x7
This episode saved all the good stuff for the last minute. Long term sturdy made Donnie's spy on Ali and her activities. Plausible.  Aldious introduced us to his Neolutionist replacement before his death....let's see what she has up her sleeves.
I was spoiled about Aldious death, so I expected it. When Donnie appeared in the end I kinda figured him for trigger man, but, not the way it happened....complete accident. WOW!! Both husband & wife got a body hanging over their heads.

That's classic   
Author: bala    Time: 6-4-2014 23:51     Subject: Reply 86#86 Milks26's post

Yeah why you put safety on a gun when you don't use it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-6-2014 07:54

Vic's Crush on Alison: ORPHAN BLACK Extended Inside Look - NEW Eps Sat 9/8c BBC AMERICA

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 06:57 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-7-2014 23:38

ORPHAN BLACK Ep 9 Trailer - Premieres Sat JUNE 14 BBC AMERICA

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 06:56 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-14-2014 18:19

ORPHAN BLACK Season Finale Trailer - Premieres Sat JUNE 21 BBC AMERICA

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 06:55 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2014 01:26

Making of ORPHAN BLACK's 4 Clone Dance Party - BBC AMERICA

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 06:54 ]
Author: Milks26    Time: 6-22-2014 04:17

'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany breaks down the season finale and that crazy twist

Tatiana Maslany got to taste both the good and the bad and the maybe in the season 2 finale of Orphan Black. Sarah escaped from the Dyad Institute and was reunited with daughter Kira. (Good.) Rachel watched her father kill himself and then got stabbed in the eye by a pencil-spewing fire extinguisher, while Helena was taken and shipped off an military plane to lord knows where. (Bad.) And Cosima is still sick but might have uncovered some clues to her illness in a book that Professor Duncan gave Kira. (Maybe.) We caught up with Maslany to get her take on these events and more, including that crazy clone dance party (where she had to play four different characters shaking their respective groove thangs), the twist of there also being a group of male clones, and what she knows about next season. (Also make sure to read our season 2 finale Q&A with Orphan Black creators John Fawcett and Graeme Manson.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So I know at the end of season 1 a big burden was put on you with all the clone scenes and multiple clone scenes, and when I was on set earlier in the season we talked about how some of that burden had been lifted in season 2. But after watching this finale I was like, did this woman get a break at all? Because you really are in pretty much every scene, and sometimes as more than one character.
TATIANA MASLANY: Yeah, and we had that amazing dance party scene which was pushing the envelope as far as what we could do technically. It took us two days to shoot that, but it was so much fun and so much fun when we finally got to watch it back and see how it had all come together. It was just a total blast

EW: It was seamless. But how did you come up with the dance moves for everyone?
MASLANY: Like any actor who understands the physicality of their character. And dance for me has always been the thing that has been my key towards differentiating the clones, so it was fairly natural. The one that took the most out of me was definitely Helena.

EW: That woman was getting into it!
MASLANY: She loves a good tune, as you can see. She loves to kick it on the dance floor.

EW: Yet she’s so awkward. It’s like she doesn’t exactly know what to do or how to do it.
MASLANY: No kidding! It’s not like she’s ever actually been to a dance. She didn’t go to high school and have all those obligatory growing pains of going to a dance and learning how to move so she moves from a very animal/baby perspective.

EW: My favorite scenes are the ones where you have the three of Sarah, Cosima, and Alison together, but I know how tricky and time consuming they are, so what is your reaction when you see that you are going to be filming that big get together at Fee’s place? Excitement? Dread? Both?
MASLANY: It’s a big combination for me, but I have to say all those scenes were so awesome. I was so excited to read them because there was nothing about them that was plot driven. They were just the characters, the sisters reunited and meeting Helena for the first time. And that was so much fun to play with as an actor. Regardless of the technical things, when you have that lovely scene work to play it just kind of takes care of itself. And the scene between Cosima and Sarah in bed talking about life and death and science — I got to work with [acting double] Kathryn [Alexandre] on all of those takes and she wasn’t pulled out so I didn’t have to look at an X or whatever, so it was really quite intimate and lovely.

EW: Tell me about playing that scene as Rachel where she has to watch her father kill himself right in front of her. What is she sadder about losing there: her dad, whom she thought she had lost before, or the information he possesses? Or is it a combination of the both?
MASLANY: Yeah, I’d say it’s a combination. I think Rachel can’t help but be single minded as far as her work goes, but at the same time I feel like that scene is about a daughter losing her father. It was about her being back as a kid and not understanding this concept of death, and it really brought her to a place that she’s probably forgotten about and pushed away and it’s probably a great deal of the reason that she is so emotionally closed, because she’s been so hurt and so abandoned. So to get to experience that traumatic moment again was obviously a really interesting thing to play with such a guarded character.

EW: How do you view Rachel? Is she the enemy? Is she to be pitied? I know Orphan Black doesn’t really deal with black and white hats and everyone has a little bit of a grey hat, but how do you view Rachel?
MASLANY: I don’t see her as a villain in any way. I think she doesn’t do kind things necessarily, but her iciness and her coldness has to spring from a place of pain and a place of deep humanity. So, to me, it’s fun to play someone who is so loathed and find compassion for her. It’s funny, because she is so much less compassionate than Helena even though Helena is killing people left, right, and center. Nobody seems to think she’s a bad person because we get these glimpses of her soft side and we sort of root for her. But Rachel seems to really get people pissed off. And I kind of love that. I think that’s so fun. As a viewer, I love whoever is the villain, so those are my favorite people to watch.

EW: I cannot believe that we have to go through another entire year of worry about Cosima’s health. How can you guys do this to us again? It’s brutal!
MASLANY: I know, right. We just want you guys to suffer.

EW: I thought we might get some sort of resolution there, and maybe there are some clues in that Dr. Moreau book, but this is a tough one to swallow.
MASLANY: Yeah, absolutely. I feel the same way..

EW: I guess the alternative could have been worse though, right?
MASLANY: I know! I’m just happy she’s still there

EW: Okay, what was your reaction when the creators, John Fawcett & Graeme Manson, told you about the twist at the end where we learn there is also a set of male clones out there?
MASLANY: I was so, so, so excited. Ari, who plays Mark and now a bunch of the other guys, has been such an incredible addition to our show, and I think we all were really blown away by his work. He has so much commitment and so much depth and is so compelling to watch on camera. So when they came to me with that idea of having Ari play those characters I was like, “Oh my God! Absolutely! It would be silly not to mine his talent. He is so fantastic.”

EW: Has Ari come to you asking for any advice on how to play all these different characters yet?
MASLANY: We’ve talked about it. I think for him, the technical thing is what is quite scary for him. So he sat in on the dance party sequence to get a sense of it, which is probably the scariest thing he could have sat in on because that was just a nightmare. [Laughs] But he seems really excited about the idea.

EW: I want to go back a few weeks because I know all of you were really looking forward to seeing the reaction from viewers when you introduced Tony the transclone character. Tell me about bringing that character to life and then the response that came in once it aired.
MASLANY: To me, Tony was a really exciting character to bring up. He sort of offered this whole otherexploration of gender identity and expression and also he was just an exciting character outside of his gender identification. He was sort of this badass in a new way and had this edge to him and darkness to him that was exciting. And what’s exciting to me is that people have been very polarized about him. To some people he spoke a great deal about their own identity. We had an amazing response from trans guys who have seen themselves in him or are so happy to see themselves on screen. And then there are others that don’t feel that he represents them and don’t feel that’s the way it has to be. We never set up to speak for an entire community or an entire experience, and Tony is definitely his own person and his own experience of what it is to be a human and I just loved him. He was so fun and I hope that we get to see him again in season 3.

EW: Such a daring character for you to play and I think it’s funny how John and Graeme were thinking of adding a trans character, and it turns out you and your hair and makeup team were as well at the same time.
MASLANY: Yeah, and we took a lot of risks visually. And I think where Tony comes from is not necessary a very affluent background or very metropolitan background. He comes from a small town and has that kind of vibe about him, which we didn’t really have with the other clones so it was quite fun.

EW: How much have John & Graeme shared with you about their ideas for season 3 at this point?
MASLANY: A little bit. But I can’t say they’ve given me too much info, which is okay with me because I’m always excited to be surprised by what they come up with. But I think we are going to have a little chat about what’s coming up and I’m just excited to hear what they have in store.

courtesy http://insidetv.ew.com
Author: bala    Time: 6-22-2014 06:52     Subject: By Means Which Have Never Yet Been Tried

Well next season should be interesting but male clone i should saw coming that was nice twist but this lead to the question what their purpose ? .

Clone dance party was nice moment in break away from the action

Just to give audience some breathing room for cliffhanger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-18-2014 22:52

ORPHAN BLACK Returns in Spring 2015 for Season 3! Thank You #CloneClub - BBC AMERICA
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-25-2014 23:11     Subject: Comic-Con 2014 Panel Video

ORPHAN BLACK's Funniest Moments From Season 2
ORPHAN BLACK Recap: The Story So Far
Author: Milks26    Time: 8-4-2014 13:42     Subject: Reply 95#95 codebreaker's post

2x8

Good episode . I hope we get to see Tony again...and delve a little deeper into his background. Makes you wonder what happen with his side of the gene sequence with made him want to change his sex. Very interesting.

Plus, Sarah according to the original design of the program is seen as a failure since she could give birth.

2x9

It's frightening to think of Helena giving birth...I hope that does not happen in season 3. I like Helena's move on the cult  leader...it was so fitting.

2x10

Duncan taking his own life was not expected...but I guess it prolongs the show since they have to find another way to get to the gene sequence and unlocking it which Kira has in the book.

Somehow, I don't think Rachel destroyed Kira's bone marrow....that's too precious to them.

Why is Helena always getting kidnapped?

I knew Mark would turn out to be the male clone. As customary the Proletheans always have their hand on their own clone copy.

Author: Milks26    Time: 8-4-2014 13:51     Subject: Reply 96#96 Milks26's post

Overall, season 2 was great. Very few questions were answered but a lot of new questions were created, which keeps the show going especially with the male clones, the military's angle (what they want with Helena), and will Cosima be able to unlock the gene sequence and cure herself.

Like I said season 2 was great but,  it still cannot hold a candle to season 1.  
Author: Milks26    Time: 8-4-2014 17:45     Subject: Reply 97#97 Milks26's post

Why did Helena leave the Nitrogen canister in the apartment? Does she still believe that she is the one true clone or did she leave it as a weapon they could use? I can kinda see her trying to kill the others (although she hasn't tried this season) but not Kira?

Your thoughts?
Author: bala    Time: 8-4-2014 21:45     Subject: Reply 98#98 Milks26's post

I really don't know  and to be honest i didn't even notice
Author: Milks26    Time: 8-5-2014 07:24     Subject: Reply 99#99 bala's post

Hey, that's not like you....just kidding
Author: bala    Time: 8-5-2014 07:37     Subject: Reply 100#100 Milks26's post

I watch this episode more than a month ago if i had ask you a question about tv show you watched a month ago i doubt you could answer it .
Author: Milks26    Time: 8-5-2014 08:16     Subject: Reply 101#101 bala's post

You obviously don't have my memory dude!
Author: Milks26    Time: 11-9-2014 04:51     Subject: Orphan Black Season 3

Here's the official synopsis for Season 3, already in production:

Season 3 plunges the clone sisterhood into unexpected territory with the realization that they’re not alone. Just when they thought they knew their enemies and allies, Season 3 reveals our clones are more vulnerable than ever before. Highly trained, identical male-soldiers raise more questions than answers. Who are these new clones? Who created them? And more importantly, why do they exist? Sarah, Cosima, Alison and Helena are stronger together than they are apart, but this season will put that bond to the test. Will they forge towards their truth, or fall at the feet of those that seek to control them?

courtesy https://tv.yahoo.com

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-18-2014 23:38

Orphan Black Season 3 Teaser: This Is War - April 18, 2015 on BBC America
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-25-2014 01:35

Orphan Black: Clones Will Be Clones, Season 3 Premieres April 18, 2015 - on BBC America
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 10:13

Orphan Black: Returns April 18 on Space
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 10:40     Subject: 2x01 Nature Under Constraint And Vexed

What a shame the guy in the diner died trying to help Sarah but going through the toilet wall was lucky, the kid on the bus wanting to tough her boob in exchange for using his phone was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 11:10     Subject: 2x02 Governed by Sound Reason and True Religion

Alison's coach did look like he was overstepping the mark with his hands but Felix reaction was amusing and Mark did a lousy job following his wife at the cemetery
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 11:52     Subject: 2x03 Mingling Its Own Nature With It

Using Kira as a decoy while Felix was shoplifting was so wrong but she did do a great job and the cop seeing the sweet wrapper but not saying anything was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 12:19     Subject: 2x04 Governed As It Were By Chance

Cal saving Sarah from the guy who had just killed the cop was brave and Helena escaping after the girl tried to kill her was impressive but rescuing Sarah from Rachel's apartment was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 12:47     Subject: 2x05 Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Rachel getting Paul to frame Felix with murder just to get at Sarah was devious
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 13:21     Subject: 2x06 To Hound Nature In Her Wanderings

Farting in the tent was unladylike but amusing and Helena behaving herself in the bar was nice but you knew it wouldn't last
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 13:58     Subject: 2x07 Knowledge of Causes and Secret Motion of Things

About time Alison figured out Vic was lying to her but the look on Donnie's face when he seen the clone was surprising and the gun going off by accident should make the next episode interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 14:37     Subject: 2x08 Variable and Full of Perturbation

Donnie covering up Dr. Leekie's death was surprising and Toni as a boy clone is trying to push our imagination too far
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 15:02     Subject: 2x09 Things Which Have Never Yet Been Done

Donnie threatening Vic and the cop was amusing but Helena doing to Henrik as he did to her was priceless

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-2-2015 23:14 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-2-2015 15:31     Subject: 2x10 By Means Which Have Never Yet Been Tried

The make shift weapon to take down Rachel and get Kira back was impressive
Author: Milks26    Time: 1-11-2015 09:14     Subject: Meet Orphan Black's scariest male clone, "Scarface."

Meet Orphan Black's scariest male clone, "Scarface."

On Orphan Black's third season, which kicks off Saturday, April 18  at 9/8c on BBC America, the "seestrahood" will have to contend with  Project Castor, the brother clone project of Project Leda, which  produced Sarah, Cosima, Alison, Helena and Rachel (Tatiana Maslany in each role).

Orphan Black revealed the picture or "Scarface" (Ari Millen) at the Television Critics Association winter previews on Saturday.  His actual name is Rudy, a highly lethal, mohawk-wearing fellow raised  as part of Project Castor's self-aware, military-trained clones. Viewers  are already familiar with Mark (also Millen), the Prolethean who  terrorized Sarah and then later married Gracie (Zoe De Grand'Maison),  the daughter of a Prolethean religious leader.
"He likes to get under people's skin. He'll pick at you until you blow  up and then he's won," Millen said of Rudy at the winter preview panel. Creator John Fawcett added,  "Rudy is a threat to the girls, a dangerous character who is very smart  and ruthless. He's seen some action. He's a trained fighter."

Check out more scoop from the panel and a teaser reel that was shown to critics:

A new Leda clone?
The  closing image of the teaser is of someone who looks like another  Project Leda clone with a puffy brown 'do. Is she a new clone? Sarah on a  bad hair day? A wig-wearing Helena? Unfortunately, we won't get answers  until April.

Sarah meets Rudy In the reel, Sarah tells  Rudy that she met Mark, whom he describes as "the wild one." Rudy seems  fascinated with her. "You're a legend, Sarah Manning. You're made of the  good stuff, aren't you?" he says, before closing with the warning,  "Sarah, count your sisters!" Ooh!

Project Castor's origins Fawcett claims the male clone faction had been planned from the  beginning. When they cast Millen as Mark as the Prolethean, they knew  they had their Castor clone. Maslany said that having him play the  Castor clone was a no-brainer, but that it also lightened her load a  little in that "it gave me a chance to have some three-day weekends."
Author: bala    Time: 2-14-2015 10:58     Subject: Calling All Clones

Orphan Black Exclusive New Season 3 Premiere Scene
Author: Milks26    Time: 2-15-2015 07:15     Subject: Reply 118#118 bala's post

Let's hope season 3 is better than 2.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-23-2015 13:37

ORPHAN BLACK in 4 minutes
Author: Milks26    Time: 3-2-2015 13:58     Subject: Orphan Black’ Mans Up for Season Three

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/orphan-black-season-three-trailer-1201444397/
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-24-2015 00:13

Exclusive Sneak Peek at Orphan Black Season 3 - BBC America
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-17-2015 00:26

Orphan Black Season 3 Extended Look
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-18-2015 21:32

Orphan Black Episode 2 Trailer - Castor Comes Out to Play
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2015 01:39     Subject: 3x01 The Weight of This Combination

If it wasn't for the gas BBQ it looked like a 50s garden party at the start and I didn't think Delphine would convince Sarah to become Rachel as she was determined not too, that was a close call for Alison
Author: bala    Time: 4-19-2015 03:34     Subject: Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

I knew it was a dream but the talking scorpion was amusing only helena would have something like that happen to her.
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2015 04:47     Subject: 3x02 Transitory Sacrifices of Crisis

I didn't know Helena was pregnant that was a surprise and one of castor clones kill his brother was sad as he really wanted find a cure for his glitch .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-26-2015 12:25

Orphan Black Episode 3 Trailer - A Cure For Castor
Author: bala    Time: 5-3-2015 05:11     Subject: 3x03 Formalized, Complex, and Costly

Not quite sure what to think of this episode but trying hide the dead castor clone from Art was amusing as he found it straight away but helping out with investigation was nice so Sarah could find rest of the clones.
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-3-2015 19:24     Subject: Reply 90#90 bala's post

Season 3 episode 1-3

The season is slowly trying to shape up, but overall nothing inspiring has happened yet.
Author: bala    Time: 5-3-2015 22:38     Subject: Reply 91#91 Milks26's post

I think good stuff is going to happen in the last few episodes
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-4-2015 02:13     Subject: Reply 92#92 bala's post

They might have realized how dull S2 was and try to correct it.

We found out that Art was in love with Beth...interesting . They definitely should make him fall for another sister - Rachel is probably the best candidate. But, I can also see him with Sarah.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-4-2015 12:58     Subject: Reply 93#93 Milks26's post

I didn't find season 2 to be dull at all.  I'm liking where season 3 is going so far.  
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-4-2015 13:19     Subject: Reply 94#94 waterlilybarb's post

When I compare it to season 1 it was. When a show or movie has more than one part comparisons always come into play.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-4-2015 13:31     Subject: Reply 95#95 Milks26's post

I didn't say that you didn't find it dull.  I said I didn't - even compared to season 1.  We're allowed to have our own opinions.  
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-4-2015 14:21     Subject: Reply 96#96 waterlilybarb's post

Most definitely
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-12-2015 00:34

Orphan Black Episode 4 Trailer - We Have a Purpose
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-12-2015 00:35

Orphan Black Episode 5 Trailer - Doing What We Have To
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2015 11:03     Subject: 3x04 Newer Elements of Our Defense

Helping him was great but trying to fool him was bound of backfire and now the question is will he save her or kill her ?

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0