Board logo

Subject: Almost Human Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2013 06:18     Subject: Almost Human Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Premières November 17, 2013

The year is 2048. Meet JOHN KENNEX (Urban), a cop who survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. After waking up from a 17-month coma, he can't remember much – except that his partner was killed; his girlfriend, ANNA MOORE (guest star Mekia Cox, "Crazy, Stupid, Love.," "Undercovers"), left him after the attack; and he lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage.

Suffering from depression, mental atrophy, trauma-onset OCD, PTSD and the "psychological rejection of his synthetic body part," John returns to work at the behest of longtime ally Captain SANDRA MALDONADO (Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor, " Six Feet Under," "Ransom"). By mandate, every cop must partner with a robot. And despite his passionate aversion to androids, John is paired up with a battle-ready MX-43. But he abruptly terminates his partnership after the robot discovers incriminating information about him. So technician RUDY LOM (Mackenzie Crook, "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise) introduces John to DORIAN (Ealy), a discontinued android with unexpected emotional responses. Although such responses were deemed flaws, it is in these "flaws" that John relates to Dorian most. After all, John is part-machine now, and Dorian is part-human. John and Dorian's understanding of each other not only complements them, it connects them.

As he adjusts to working with his new partner, John also must learn to get along with his new colleagues, including the eager and somewhat starstruck Detective VALERIE STAHL (Minka Kelly, "Friday Night Lights," "(500) Days of Summer") and the distrustful Detective RICHARD PAUL (Michael Irby, "Law Abiding Citizen," "The Unit"), who does not welcome John back with open arms.

ALMOST HUMAN will follow the week-to-week missions of John and Dorian, as they fight crime across this futuristic landscape, while the mysteries surrounding his attack and the larger mythology of this new world unfold.

Show Site

[ Last edited by bala at 10-22-2013 13:06 ]

[ Last edited by bala at 11-10-2013 16:34 ]
Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2013 06:19     Subject: Official Trailer | ALMOST HUMAN

Author: bala    Time: 7-20-2013 06:20     Subject: Almost Human Panel -- SDCC 2013

Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-2-2013 04:03

Author: bala    Time: 10-22-2013 05:03     Subject: Ro-bromance (Trailer) | ALMOST HUMAN | FOX BROADCASTING

Author: bala    Time: 10-31-2013 08:17     Subject: ALMOST HUMAN Extended Preview |

Author: bala    Time: 11-17-2013 02:21     Subject: clips from pilot

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-17-2013 21:57

Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2013 10:10     Subject: pilot

Well this was ok pilot but i just don't know it felt like very rushed pilot with so many things happening and nothing really surprised me but i think Dorian actually getting the respect at the end was priceless but calling him man every-time he speaks was amusing.

I am not surprised Dorian want to keep his secret because without him he would be switch off . This has potential cop series i just think with late start it might not do as well .
Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2013 11:57     Subject: Episode 2 clips

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-18-2013 23:24

Author: bala    Time: 11-19-2013 08:49     Subject: 1x02 Skin

Well another ok episode but kind of freaky that sexbot had human dna but he should of known better than try test it out because it got him killed .

Let's also discuss new technology starting with DNA bomb what a amazing concept have a bomb that destroy all DNA in room was interesting . Whoever invent something like that was certainly a criminal which begs one question how can someone get convicted if there's no DNA tiring them to a crime ?. No wonder crime is up 400%.

Slient rounds is next generation bullets who don't make a sound when firing which means there is no need for a silencer another evolution of technology .

I really did find it amusing Dorian set up dating profile for his partner was amusing since he thought it was joking .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-20-2013 01:58

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: shinny    Time: 11-20-2013 10:54

I'm going to check this out when they've aired a few more episodes. They were heavily promoting this in the States when I was there for a few weeks. Billboards all over the place!
Author: bala    Time: 11-20-2013 12:00     Subject: Reply 14#14 shinny's post

i just hope it wasn't a waste of money
Author: shinny    Time: 11-20-2013 12:11

Fox just might have too much spare change, lol!
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 11-20-2013 14:02     Subject: Reply 14#14 shinny's post

they did promote it but then they delayed the release so long, i'm not sure it's going to go as well as expected.

I enjoyed the first hour a lot.  The second wasn't nearly as entertaining.....we'll see
Author: bala    Time: 11-20-2013 14:04     Subject: Reply 17#17 arksongbird80's post

i liked the second episode more than first
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 03:51     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

I'm not surprised Kennex pushed his first synthetic partner out the car as your partner is supposed to have your back not report you and Dorian is a vast improvement on the first
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 04:49     Subject: 1x02 Skin

Kennex scaring the kid when he stabbed his leg amusing and the high quality sexbots are a vast improvement on the inflatable dolls it's just a shame they used human skin in the process
Author: bala    Time: 11-25-2013 05:00     Subject: Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

But if you partner is a system not human being you can't expect that but i agree Dorian is better but he was an experimental model
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 05:07     Subject: Reply 21#21 bala's post

Dorian helping hack the system rather that report him for not having a warrant makes the first on a hindrance rather than being useful
Author: bala    Time: 11-25-2013 05:18     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

True but you got see it from other side there's no police corruption ?

These androids were design for accountability that the purpose to make sure cops don't abuse their power

However you right it's a hindrance but this eliminated the needs for Internal affairs.

It's hard to be in-between those two and even Dorian based logic based system will have difficulty doing both however like he said need him to be a cop so anything that helps to continue to be activated will be in Dorian best interest . I am sure there's a limit to this which should be explored in future episodes.  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2013 23:15

Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2013 09:12     Subject: Are You Receiving?

Well taking over office building was impressive but it being a decoy for mineral robbery was one hell of a distraction and Dorian getting injured and John fixing him up with chewing gum was highly amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-2-2013 20:52

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-8-2013 15:05     Subject: 1x03 Are You Receiving?

John using his phone as a distraction was clever but short circuiting Dorian with the nail clippers was amusing and the repair with gum was priceless, Paige thanking John at the end was nice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-8-2013 15:56     Subject: 1x04 The Bends

It didn't take much for Kennex to convince Rudy to go undercover but teaching him how to cook was amusing and killing Captain Barros after finding he was responsible was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-9-2013 20:10

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 12-10-2013 05:08     Subject: blood brothers

I expected the one, but not a whole group of them!  I found this to be a great episode.  I hope more episodes are like this one. The futuristic was very interesting.
Author: bala    Time: 12-10-2013 06:02     Subject: Reply 30#30 arksongbird80's post

Well it was a smart way to get around a murder charge but using hologram to fake the exchange was impressive  
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-16-2013 20:17

Author: bala    Time: 12-18-2013 06:55     Subject: Arrhythmia

What a horrible blackmail scam and it was rather disturbing put clock on donated organs where patient pay money to keep organ from shutting down   . The sideline storyline with other DNR was rather amusing since he certainly was more flawed with Doren .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2013 14:39     Subject: 1x05 Blood Brothers

Dorian showing his manhood to John after seeing the life size Ken doll was amusing and Ethan Avery being in two places at the same time was interesting as you would expected so many of them, using a hologram was clever and Dorian flipping the van was awesome
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2013 15:24     Subject: 1x06 Arrhythmia

The Dorian janitor chasing the guy by mistake was surprising but the after effects was amusing and transplanting organs with a thirty day timer was disturbing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2014 18:20

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-7-2014 06:00     Subject: 1x07 Simon Says

John becoming the next victim after the failed second attempt was predictable but the fact the first victim had no chance to save himself it wasn't looking good and the fact there was so many people wanting to watch him die was sickening
Author: bala    Time: 1-7-2014 07:10     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

That reality TV for you but Doren running on empty was amusing and what a time to shut off as soon as he took bomber down
Author: arksongbird80    Time: 1-7-2014 09:36     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

you figured it would be something like that.  I liked the forcefield around the first victim.  Very kewl ep though.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-13-2014 20:24

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-14-2014 07:15     Subject: 1x08 You Are Here

I had a felling it was a self-guided bullet rather than the MX's theory of a ricochet but John shooting it for not shutting up was great and Dorian malfunctioning after getting shot was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 1-14-2014 07:47     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Well i thought it was SMART bullet but this was one hell of evolution from that using camera to find the victims was crazy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2014 18:24

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-4-2014 02:38     Subject: 1x09 Unbound

The android killing the woman to snatch her handbag was sickening but the fact it was only to get the android into the evidence locker made it worse and glad the managed to pull the pin on her destruction but it looks like Nigel hasn't finished
Author: bala    Time: 2-4-2014 09:15     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Well i have to say it was rather stupid of them keep the head such a dangerous android
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-10-2014 18:55

Author: bala    Time: 2-11-2014 12:46     Subject: Perception

Designer drugs killing genetic enhance children all because mother wanted to kill girls responsible for her child death
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-11-2014 15:15     Subject: 1x10 Perception

Dorian almost loosing his ear in the crash was amusing and the mothers reason for giving the other girls the fatal dose of the so called perfect designer drug was disturbing
Author: bala    Time: 2-12-2014 02:12     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

He's an android so it really doesn't matter Rudy will just replace it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-12-2014 02:18     Subject: Reply 49#49 bala's post

His response about having the driving under control was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-17-2014 23:19

Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2014 13:49     Subject: Disrupt

Well Rudy access Dorian subconscious was interesting but him feeling violated was funny considering he was only charging and not doing routine maintenance but security home system was scary   . I wouldn't trust one in my home considering how it can be hacked .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-22-2014 11:12     Subject: 1x11 Disrupt

Being killed by his own home security was freaky but as soon as his wife went into the pool I had a feeling she would die in there and I wonder who is responsible for the images Dorian is seeing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-24-2014 23:28

Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2014 12:57     Subject: Beholder

All that killing to get the perfect face and women he was in love is blind   that's irony if ever i saw one on a tv series
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-28-2014 15:26     Subject: 1x12 Beholder

Rudy being worried he might be a target for the beauty killer was amusing but Eric killing all those people to impress Judy was disturbing but at some time you knew she would want to touch his face as she's blind
Author: bala    Time: 3-4-2014 09:52     Subject: Straw Man

A disturbing case of serial killer who made copy of humans and fill them with straw but finding out serial killer was a cyborg was nice twist
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-10-2014 10:23     Subject: 1x13 Straw Man

John eventually solving his father case and also clearing his father name was great as it also allowed an innocent man to walk free from jail and get the proper treatment for his illness
Author: Milks26    Time: 10-12-2015 09:18

I actually loved this series. There were some recycled storylines that's been done before on other shows and movies, but overall, the episodes were good. I loved the chemistry between Michael Ealy (Dorian) and Karl Urban (Kennex). But, with the cost of producing the show and failing ratings I don't blame FOX for cancelling it.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0