Board logo

Subject: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (ABC) General Discussion (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-20-2013 08:48     Subject: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (ABC) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland Premieres on ABC on October 10, 2013

In Victorian England, the young and beautiful Alice (Sophie Lowe) tells a tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah smoking caterpillar and playing cards that talk are just some of the fantastic things she’s seen during this impossible adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane and her doctors aim to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever—the handsome and mysterious Cyrus (Peter Gadiot). But deep down Alice knows this world is real and just in the nick of time, the sardonic Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the irrepressible White Rabbit (John Lithgow) arrive to save her from a doomed fate. Together, the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to this Wonderland where nothing is impossible.

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland stars Sophie Lowe (Beautiful Kate) as Alice, Michael Socha (This Is England) as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot (The Forbidden Girl) as Cyrus, Emma Rigby (Hollyoaks) as Queen of Hearts and John Lithgow (Third Rock From The Sun) as the voice of the White Rabbit.
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (Once Upon A Time) who serve as executive producers. Steve Perlman and Zack Estrin also serve as executive producers and the pilot was directed by Ralph Hemecker. Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is produced by ABC Studios.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Once Upon A Time In Wonderland Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-11-2013 06:56 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-20-2013 08:48

Author: bala    Time: 8-12-2013 10:42

I don't know whether i am going watch this or not because it's very limited unlike once upon a time there are a lot more characters but this one limited Wonderland character only. They really should put this as summer show when once upon a time season is over .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-6-2013 21:32

Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-10-2013 18:27

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-11-2013 12:16     Subject: Pilot: Down the Rabbit Hole

I didn't hate it, but I didn't really feel connected to anyone.  Wasn't Gina's mom the Red Queen (Cora)   Who's this new broad.  WHY OH WHY is the CGI so bad.  It's just distracting.   The love story is predictable and WHO is the Knave of hearts?  Love the actor, but not sure about his character. I hope to see more characters from other stories.  Jasmine, Aladdin someone else.  I dunno.  I hope they cross over some with OUAT to keep the two grounded.  I'll keep watching. Here's hoping.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-11-2013 14:30     Subject: Reply 6#6 arksongbird80's post

I was a bit disappointed. I mean, I never saw Alice in Wonderland, I never read the story. I didn't know the characters before starting to watch, but this makes it really difficult to follow. I liked the overall episode with the 'I told you' moment when the doctor saw the rabbit. I don't know how I feel about the rabbit working with the Red Queen to get her here, but I'm wondering how they'll get from one world to another and I hope I will get less confused about all the characters.
Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2013 06:45

Well since i had no expectation i felt this was ok pilot and that i wasn't disappointed.
Quote:
Wasn't Gina's mom the Red Queen (Cora)
Yes Cora was the red queen but we dont know whether she was before or after Cora ?. We don't know time-period which makes it easy writer mess around with character since they are no fact behind the myths. My second possible reason could be different Realms. Take your pick.
Quote:
WHO is the Knave of hearts?
Knave of Hearts

I think there are really taking liberties with this spin-off because there isn't much content they could do Alice in wonderland so they have somehow introduce new character to keep the series going but combine this with Aladdin myth does seem like they are pushing it.

When did Alice learn to fight like that if she been in mental hospital for number of years no way her reflexes would be as good as it was when she escaped.

It does seem like you have to switch your brain off and watch this series because it for entrainment purposes only.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-13-2013 08:21     Subject: 1x01 Down the Rabbit Hole

What a nice change having an American produced show based in Victorian London using a British cast, the Knave of Hearts watching Alice take on all the asylum staff was amusing and the doctors face after seeing the rabbit was priceless
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-17-2013 17:56

Author: arksongbird80    Time: 10-18-2013 06:37     Subject: episode 2

so the bad guys just puffed at each other.,  The knave was a jerk so we touched on that.  Alice quickly realized he may not love her but just as quickly that was squashed.   The knave can't swim, put in a position where that would be a problem, quick fix- giant turtle that doesn't talk and allowed its self to put bullied for a ride.   

This needs to have more depth and more suspense or it won't make the 4 episode arc.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-19-2013 03:42     Subject: 1x02 Trust Me

I was expecting the Knave to be dunked in the lake by the fairy because of their past and the fact he cant swim made it amusing but the turtle was a little too convenient, the message in the Origami dragon was a nice touch
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-24-2013 20:11

Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2013 08:27     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I had feeling she was going drop him in lake as well but landing on turtle was rather ridiculous
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2013 08:29     Subject: 1x03 forget me not

Well getting trapped by orger and than having monster attack him was challenge to get forget me rope.

Knive was in love with red queen was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2013 10:38     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

Grendel selling Alice and the Knave down the river after saving him from the monster was tragic especially as Jafar then killed him instead of bringing his wife back and the Knave's past with Anastasia was a surprising twist
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2013 10:43     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I am interested how Anastasia became red queen
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2013 10:45     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

The same way Will became the Knave I guess
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2013 10:54     Subject: Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Are you suggesting Knave is also working for red queen?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2013 10:58     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

No but jumping through the looking glass they both got what they wanted
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2013 11:04     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Well she seemed more keen he was just in for the ride because he did for her ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-7-2013 19:49

Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-8-2013 10:49     Subject: 1x04 The Serpent

Alice rescuing the Knave from loosing his head was impressive but a shame he was turned to stone and the story of the wishbone was a nice cliffhanger
Author: bala    Time: 11-10-2013 08:24     Subject: Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

We finally found out who taught jafar his powers but you would think she would of realise that he would wanted dead once she taught him everything
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-14-2013 23:26

Author: bala    Time: 11-17-2013 09:06     Subject: 1x05 "Heart of Stone

Well choose the king over Knive was no surprise for Anastasia but i liked that each episode gives back story every single character
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-19-2013 07:26     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

Anastasia deciding to steal the Crown Jewels was a surprise but at leased the outcome was to her benefit and Alice's so called leap of faith was interesting
Author: bala    Time: 11-19-2013 07:46     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

That was one hell of a test trying to get her to kill red queen
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-21-2013 23:35

Author: bala    Time: 12-1-2013 06:42     Subject: 1x06 who

Well Jaffa going England was interesting way to figure out Alice but kidnap her dad should make him believe all of Alice's stories if he bring him to Wonderland
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-1-2013 15:00     Subject: 1x06 Who’s Alice

As soon as Alice walked through the black forest I had a felling the purple mist from the trees was an hallucinogen and Jafar taking her father Edwin to see her should be interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-5-2013 22:30

Author: bala    Time: 12-15-2013 07:51     Subject: 1x08 Home

Well i really didn't see that cliffhanger coming That what i call a twist of fate
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-16-2013 13:17     Subject: 1x07 Bad Blood

What the Sultan did to young Jafar was diabolical and Alice using a wish to save her father was a little predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-16-2013 13:59     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

The Red Queen having a duplicate lantern was clever and the Knave finding the Rabbit's family was nice but the Knave now in the lantern was a surprise
Author: bala    Time: 12-16-2013 14:06     Subject: Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

With that wish he really didn't think it through even after warning by genie saying be careful what you wish for no one could see consequence of that wish . At least now continue rescue genie storyline . Knave having ability to grant wish what could possibly go wrong
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2014 23:02

Author: bala    Time: 3-9-2014 08:14     Subject: Nothing to Fear

Nice returning episode can you believe it been 3 months since last episode this picked off nicely so sad she died but them all joining forces to defeat Jafar should be interesting  .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-13-2014 18:44

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-19-2014 02:28     Subject: 1x09 Nothing to Fear

Lizard finding the Knave's new bottle was amusing as he's got a new master but Cyrus and Alice trying to save the Red Queen was a little ambitious as they were outnumbered, Will being the one Lizard desired was predictable but costing her life was tragic
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-19-2014 04:11     Subject: 1x10 Dirty Little Secrets

The Jabberwocky capturing the Red Queen and the Knave with his bottle was a little too easy but Cyrus remembering how he and his brothers were cursed was interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-21-2014 00:38

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-27-2014 22:52

Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2014 08:03     Subject: cancelled

Well this came as no surprise
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2014 08:05     Subject: 1x10 Dirty Little Secrets

So we find out how Cyrus became cursed
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2014 08:07     Subject: 1x11 Heart of the Matter

Having Cora try to corrupt Anastasia was intresting but Cora taking Will's heart was sad since he asked for it but finding out where it was hidden was a surprise storybrooke but Alice not understand electricity was quite amusing
Author: bala    Time: 3-30-2014 08:09     Subject: 1x12 To Catch a Thief

Finally a epic magic battle but disappointing that Cryus got hurt you would think he would get out of the way while his mother and Jafar were having a magic battle .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-1-2014 13:11     Subject: Reply 46#46 bala's post

The quest to help the Knave regains his heart was interesting as it took them to Storybrooke and Cyrus taking Jafar's staff was great but stabbing Anastasia was sad
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-1-2014 13:41     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

I was hopping Amara would overpower Jafar but that was an awesome battle of powers it's just a shame Cyrus got hurt in the cross fire
Author: bala    Time: 4-6-2014 05:42     Subject: And They Lived

What a good conclusion to the series but Jafar thinking he was most powerful but getting cursed was certainly a surprise.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-19-2014 11:56     Subject: 1x13 And They Lived…

Alice and the Rabbit trying to raise an army to stop Jafar from conquering Wonderland was going to be tough as he has raised the dead to do his fighting but tricking Jafar in to taking the water from the well was karma and a happy ending was a nice conclusion

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0