Board logo

Subject: Star-Crossed Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2013 11:47     Subject: Star-Crossed Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Star-Crossed Premieres on The CW on February 17, 2014

When Emery was 6 years old, an alien spacecraft crash-landed in her small town. Whether they came in peace or with more sinister intentions didn't matter: a fierce battle erupted as humans fought for control over their new rivals, an alien species called the Atrians. In the midst of the conflict, Roman, a 6-year-old Atrian boy, found his way to a shed behind Emery's house, where she protected him from harm, bringing him food, comfort - and friendship. In their brief time together, Emery and Roman forged a deep bond, but the authorities wasted no time tracking Roman down and capturing him in a violent confrontation. Emery has grown up believing that Roman was killed that day. Ten years later, the Atrians have been acclimated to life on Earth, but they are interned in a heavily-guarded camp known as the Sector to keep them separate from humans. Now, for the first time, a group of Atrian teens will enroll in a suburban human high school, with the goal of testing the feasibility of human/alien integration. The eyes of the nation and the whole world are fixed on this historical social experiment, an endeavor fraught with suspicion and fear. In the mayhem of the first day, Emery is amazed to learn that Roman was not killed by the authorities and is, in fact, one of the Atrian students. Their childhood bond is quickly rekindled - in a school and a society that distrusts everything about the Atrians, Emery and Roman have found each other again. However, their relationship is threatened by the small-mindedness of their respective communities and the political agendas of people in power. While the world around them rages with anger and prejudice, their bond becomes increasingly strong and increasingly dangerous. As an epic Romeo and Juliet romance unfolds, a violent encounter between Roman's father and Emery's father occurs in the Sector. Can Roman and Emery's love - and peace between the species - survive?

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Star-Crossed Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-19-2013 11:47

Author: bala    Time: 1-10-2014 02:21     Subject: Star-Crossed - Only One Trailer

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-15-2014 23:40

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-21-2014 12:35

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2014 13:58

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-11-2014 22:30 ]
Author: bala    Time: 2-13-2014 10:05     Subject: Star-Crossed - Series Premiere Clip

Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2014 06:03     Subject: Star-Crossed - Pilot Producer's Preview

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-17-2014 23:28

Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2014 07:41     Subject: Pilot

i wasn't impressed with this pilot it was ok but it's no Roswell .

The blood transfer to save her friend was interesting way to end the first episode but her dad killing his father is bound to makes things rather complicated .

The problem is i couldn't really relate to the characters because they jumped 10 years and it create one hell of a massive plot hole like why she wasn't in school for 4 years or how her dad became one of the cops?. So many other questions like how did they create a whole section for them to stay in after the invasion.

I understand they have keep few things but to push us into new series without any background information of what happen after invasion was a bit annoying.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-18-2014 15:18     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

The alien spacecraft that crashed not being your typical flying saucer made a nice change and Roman recognised Emery from the barn while she thought he was dead was nice and it looks she spent four years in hospital looking after her friend
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2014 23:32     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Do you honestly think her parent would allow her skip school for 4 years to look after her friend ?

I suspect she was sick and that how she met her friend in the hospital

We saw as child she was taking some sort of medicine but have no idea what she had
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-19-2014 00:02     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

They may have had no choice if she was quarantined for contact with an alien
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-19-2014 23:49

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: bala    Time: 2-22-2014 13:30     Subject: Star-Crossed - These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-23-2014 04:12     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

I agree, I think she was sick as well and the other girl was her roommate at the hospital and that's how they became friends. I believe she even said it at the school to the Atrian, it was an immune deficiency. But she is now cured.
I actually think this was a pretty good pilot with a good continuation.
Her father being the guard now, I don't think it's that surprising as he is one of the few people who think the are not evil. He knows one of them tried to protect his daughter when the swat team busted through the door of the shed.
Killing the father was unfortunate. But the guy wasn't very smart to walk in the line of fire. It will create some tension though.

Oh and the love triangle, I hope it doesn't become too much.
Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2014 04:36     Subject: Reply 16#16 kellemanske's post

So you actually liked the pilot because i didn't
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-24-2014 10:22     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

yes, I did. But I hope it stays interesting and doesn't become boring.
Author: bala    Time: 2-24-2014 10:28     Subject: Reply 18#18 kellemanske's post

i know it wouldn't become boring but the first episode is weak in my opinion the second episode looks much better from preview with Roman .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-24-2014 23:40

Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2014 12:51     Subject: These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

Well i have to say this was much better episode because a lot of things happend and we get a better understand of the different sides but Redhawks is interesting faction because they are against artians and are will to kill them to take them out. mind you artian faction also take out the human so there no way this won't end up in war.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-25-2014 13:40     Subject: Reply 21#21 bala's post

I thought the revelation in the last minute was a bit of a surprise. Eventhough we got a clue earlier in the episode.
And now Julia (right? The girl from the hospital) knows who saved her.
And you've got to feel sorry for Emery that the Atrian is trying to keep her at a distance to protect her, while thereby pussing her towards someone who was only using her but is now also falling for her. But because of that he might actually do the right thing in the end.
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2014 13:50     Subject: Reply 22#22 kellemanske's post

Well it's early yet so far no surprises but if she end up pregnant as season finale cliffhanger i will be disappointed   
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-1-2014 06:08     Subject: 1x02 These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

Castor showing up offering to help the family was a little suspicious and Roman wanting nothing to do with Emery still was understandable but Roman discovering a hit had been put on Emery was bound to stop it
Author: bala    Time: 3-1-2014 06:44     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Look like he was right about Castor but the way he played it was smart
Author: bala    Time: 3-1-2014 10:13     Subject: Star-Crossed - Our Toil Shall Strive To Mend

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-3-2014 22:34

Author: bala    Time: 3-4-2014 09:46     Subject: Our Toil Shall Strive to Mend

Well another good episode black syphur look dangerous and deadly and what a way Roman to make an enemy with that girl.  I am surprised they didn't check out ship for dangerous substances over the past 10 years.   .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-5-2014 12:50

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-7-2014 22:16

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-10-2014 11:38     Subject: 1x03 Our Toil Shall Strive to Mend

You can understand why Roman objected to Emery going inside the sector after what happened and looks like the cure has worked for now but there is bound to be a side effect and his speech was great
Author: bala    Time: 3-10-2014 11:51     Subject: Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

Well that was an amusing side effect
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-10-2014 16:17     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

it looked like the locks only reacted to atrians. Don't think they could have searched for it even if they wanted too.
The ex girlfriend looks like she crossed but I bet that in the end she does the right thing.
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2014 13:25     Subject: And Left No Friendly Drop

Well trying out for the swim team has all sort bad reaction but what a bombshell drop by end of the episode look like they have step brother . That video was really surprising i thought it was going to be something artian technology but it being her son .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-13-2014 18:51

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-18-2014 07:25 ]
Author: bala    Time: 3-18-2014 12:45     Subject: Dreamers Often Lie

Well not sure what to make of this episode because on one hand it drop bombshell but i honestly didn't care for that bombshell but tricking him into doing that teenage girl was priceless. I am really losing interest with this series it's boring i really hope it picks up the pace.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-23-2014 01:23

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-23-2014 09:33     Subject: 1x04 And Left No Friendly Drop

The swim team fighting was great as poisoning Sophia with caffeine was below the belt as she almost died
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-23-2014 10:02     Subject: 1x05 Dreamers Often Lie

What a shame Roman didn't get to see the video before it was confiscated but at leased he knows who he was talking to
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-24-2014 22:59

Author: bala    Time: 3-27-2014 08:21     Subject: Stabbed with a White Wench's Black Eye

Well kidnap Greyson was good plan but Roman stopping them was impressive
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-1-2014 01:52

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-1-2014 19:10 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-1-2014 12:12     Subject: To Seek a Foe

Well stop black syphur was challenging but what a good thing she did test run otherwise the human race would have no clue and so glad they managed to stop it but getting stuck was tricky but roman saving her was great.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2014 21:52

Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2014 07:44     Subject: An Old Accustom'd Feast

Well finding out that Castor was responsible for crash landing on Earth was sad because they wouldn't come to Earth but that was a great revelation but finding she was Drake's mother was a nice surprise .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 11:44     Subject: 1x06 Stabbed with a White Wench’s Black Eye

Who would of thought when Julia's tried to find a replacement story she would get such a great replacement story and that was a close call destroying the other video
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 12:15     Subject: 1x07 To Seek a Foe

Lukas was unfortunate getting infected by the trap Zoe set for Taylor using black cyper and they were lucky the antidote survived the explosion, the underwater kiss was obviously started to keep her alive underwater but carrying on afterwards was predictable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 12:51     Subject: 1x08 An Old Accustom’d Feast

Emery getting the cold shoulder from Roman's mother was predictable but now she knows she saved her son when they first landed lets hope it stops
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 12:54     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

What a transformation for Drake's mother after being submerged in water
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2014 13:02     Subject: Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

she was dehydrated
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-8-2014 13:10     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

That dehydration looked like it doubled her age and added a few pounds which was a little unbelievable
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2014 21:41

Author: bala    Time: 4-15-2014 08:14     Subject: Some Consequences Yet Hanging In The Stars

Well Roman facing Caster and need help from Amiee was lucky she could help but i am curious what new device the trags are building is going to do.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2014 22:23

Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2014 09:08     Subject: What Storm Is This That Blows So

This was good episode to some degree finding out that ship could create a hurricane was shocking surprise but what a plan and now we new Redhawks with new mission. Things are really going to get out of hand
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-28-2014 21:07

Author: bala    Time: 4-29-2014 07:14     Subject: Give Me a Torch

Well that was a great plan shame it didn't work

Seriously a pregnancy story it would better use this as cliffhanger than way they used it in this episode it really had no impact.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-5-2014 22:56

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 00:56     Subject: 1x09 Some Consequences Yet Hanging In The Stars

Roman was to eager to trust his uncle Castor when Drake's mother, Saroya story was just as believable but Emery being responsible for organising their rescue was great
Author: bala    Time: 5-6-2014 07:24     Subject: This Trick May Chance to Scathe You

Well i have to say talk about making a comeback with that line 'touchdown' using a baseball bat . It ain't often i get surprised when watch this series but that really came out of nowhere .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 09:25     Subject: 1x10 What Storm Is This That Blows So

It's ironic that Roman saved Teri after she drugged him but she was lucky Emery saved her and Taylor trying to convince Drake that they should go public as a couple backfired
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 10:17     Subject: 1x11 Give Me a Torch

It didn't take long before the rumours spread someone could be pregnant and Roman was lucky he spotted the grenade in his backpack but I had a felling setting up Castor would backfire
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-6-2014 10:49     Subject: 1x12 This Trick May Chance to Scathe You

They were so close getting the Suvek away but the touchdown was a surprise and I thought for a moment that Teri had joined Castor
Author: bala    Time: 5-6-2014 11:04     Subject: Reply 63#63 codebreaker's post

The way she said it was great because you really didn't see that coming
Author: bala    Time: 5-8-2014 12:02

Cancellied
Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2014 08:25     Subject: Passion Lends Them Power

Don't watch this episode because it end with a massive cliffhanger and will never be resolved as result of this show getting canned. Despite this i still watch this episode and it was obvious that device was not only a bomb but beckon signal for other Artians that were looking for them which lead so many questions i won't waste my time asking because the series is over.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-20-2014 05:14     Subject: 1x13 Passion Lends Them Power

Teri saving Roman thanks to Emery was nice but Teri obviously has felling for him which could ruin Emery's relationship with him and being cancelled with an ending like that was disappointing
Author: Milks26    Time: 1-1-2015 18:52

Overall, I did not expect much from this series, but, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it, and I never fast forward button. At times the teen romance drama was annoying and prolonged but I enjoyed the aspect of a conquering nation amongst humans. It would have been nice if CW gave the show a full season before it was canceled, so that at least some answers would've been resolved.

Although, I can easily predict that Taylor would've lost the baby, Emery would be go back and forth between Roman and Grayson (he's so much cuter ), the Atrians would've landed, Vega and the Trags would get out - she would forgive Teri, and maybe Sophia would've given Lukas some play - after all she did save his life.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0