Board logo

Subject: Gotham Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-27-2014 06:40     Subject: Gotham Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Gotham Premieres on FOX on September 22, 2014

Before there was Batman, there was GOTHAM.

Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?

GOTHAM is an origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”), GOTHAM follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil, and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, JAMES GORDON (Ben McKenzie, “Southland,” “The O.C.”) romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, BARBARA KEAN (Erin Richards, “Open Grave,” “Breaking In”), Gordon is living his dream – even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.

Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend HARVEY BULLOCK (Donal Logue, “Sons of Anarchy,” “Terriers,” “Vikings,” “Copper”), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, BRUCE (David Mazouz, “Touch”), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.

As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss FISH MOONEY (Jada Pinkett Smith, “The Matrix” franchise, “HawthoRNe”), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged SELINA KYLE/the future CATWOMAN (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and OSWALD COBBLEPOT/THE PENGUIN (Robin Lord Taylor, “The Walking Dead”).

While the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain SARAH ESSEN (Zabryna Guevara, “Burn Notice”), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, ALFRED (Sean Pertwee, “Camelot,” “Elementary”). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.

GOTHAM is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment and is produced by Warner Bros. Television. Executive producer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist”) wrote the pilot, which was directed and executive-produced by Emmy Award nominee Danny Cannon (the “CSI” franchise, “Nikita”). John Stephens will serve as an executive producer on the series.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Gotham Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-27-2014 06:41

Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-27-2014 06:42     Subject: Comic Con 2014

Cast of Gotham Talks Batman's Origins
Author: codebreaker    Time: 8-27-2014 11:45     Subject: Preview

Channel 5 having their own preview was surprising
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-1-2014 07:03     Subject: The Legend Reborn

Having a new take on the original Batman series looks great especially adding new characters
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2014 23:32

Gotham 1x02 Promo "Selina Kyle" (HD)
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2014 05:00     Subject: pilot

Another great pilot and i love this one as well i really hope this is successful i like the fact Gordan is learning the hard way what Gotham is like and i like that he think he can change things.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2014 12:48     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

What a scum bag killing Thomas and Martha Wayne after giving him what he wanted and knowing they had their young son with them makes the killing even worse but it's a shame the pick pocked didn't help, Gordon chasing the suspect after shooting at him was crazy as he had the shot on him on the roof
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2014 12:52     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

i am just glad he had seconds thoughts killing the kid it would been worse and frame job was sad and telling Bruce that they got the wrong killer and he has to keep it a secret was even saddier
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2014 12:57     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

The fact the guy who was framed fired the first shot he got what he deserved especially with his wife having a black eye but only having the shiny shoes to go on it's going to be tough finding the killer
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2014 13:01     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

You would of thought wife would be grateful for that but when Gordan came to question her she looked mad .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2014 13:14     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

I'm not surprised she was pissed as she will have to pay for the scum bags funeral
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-27-2014 02:15

This has now been added to the flash site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2014 22:07

Gotham 1x03 Promo “The Balloonman”
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2014 00:30

Gotham 1x04 Promo "Arkham"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2014 04:43     Subject: 1x02 Selina Kyle

Gordon's girlfriend Barbara leaking the story was amusing and Selina being at the crime scene again and not doing anything was starting to get frustrating but at leased she about to help catch the Wayne's killer
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2014 05:18     Subject: 1x03 The Balloonman

You just knew Selina was going to pick the handcuff lock but at leased he knows she was telling the truth about the wallet being down the drain and Penguin coming back was predictable and turning up at James door proves to Barbara he didn't kill him
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2014 08:55     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Why did he return to his door i mean i thought he was trying keep a low profile
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-14-2014 01:10

Gotham 1x05 Promo "Viper"
Author: bala    Time: 10-14-2014 06:44     Subject: Arkham

That penguin is a tricky guy setting the heist up and kill them was smart and helping Gordan with his case was nice gesture since he saved his life what a way to pay back him for letting him live.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-17-2014 10:38     Subject: 1x04 Arkham

Not even a thank you from the Mayor for saving his life was disgusting and what the Penguin did was impressive but James and his girlfriend arguing over Oswald was sad as she has no idea he's the one James supposable killed which is why she's pissed
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2014 23:39

Gotham 1x06 Promo "Spirit of the Goat"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-21-2014 11:53     Subject: 1x05 Viper

Giving the busker the drug that gave him superhuman strength was different as with something that powerful it would be worth a fortune but stealing the ATM machine was amusing it's probable a good thing it was short lived
Author: bala    Time: 10-21-2014 12:26     Subject: Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

I love his busker sign that's what i call honesty
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-28-2014 00:28

Gotham 1x07 Promo "Penguin's Umbrella"
Author: bala    Time: 10-28-2014 08:23     Subject: Spirit of the Goat

This was probably worst episode of the season except for last 2 minutes which set up next episode nicely but why the hell would he reveal himself in station to let everyone know he's alive?. He trying to keep a low-profile
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2014 11:50     Subject: 1x06 Spirit of the Goat

Incontrovertible evidence proving that the copycat killer is the same man was bizarre as Harvey shot the man dead ten years ago and the fact he risked his partners life back then by not waiting for backup proves he hasn't changed much but the men being hypnotised was different and you just knew Oswald would turn up after James was arrested
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2014 08:05     Subject: Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Yes but isn't that a risk since now he's now public enemy number 1
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-4-2014 01:34

Gotham 1x08 Promo "The Mask"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-11-2014 00:33

Gotham 1x09 Promo "Harvey Dent"
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2014 08:43     Subject: 1x08 The Mask

That what i call a tough interview process being force kill your rivals to get a job but Gordan going solo after whole department abandon him was bad but he still managed to get bad guy solo was impressive.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-18-2014 01:33

Gotham 1x10 Promo "LoveCraft" (HD) Fall Finale
Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2014 11:35     Subject: 1x09 Harvey Dent

Kat staying Wayne manor was great for Bruce because he had someone his own age to play with but Kat wanting to kiss Bruce was amusing as Bruce had no response.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-25-2014 10:39

Gotham 1x11 Promo (HD)
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2015 01:57

Gotham 1x12 Promo "What The Little Bird Told Him"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-20-2015 02:33

Gotham 1x13 Promo "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-27-2015 02:12

Gotham 1x14 Promo "The Fearsome Dr. Crane"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-28-2015 14:37     Subject: 1x07 Penguin's Umbrella

Oswald coming back to save James was bound to have consequences but with nobody willing to watch his back at the station was sickening and what a surprise Barbara came back after being held at gun point
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-28-2015 15:07     Subject: 1x08 The Mask

The other kids giving Bruce a hard time when he returned to school was annoying and slapping the other kid was risky as their were more of them but going around to his house to finish it was great, James having a $1,000,000 on his head did make the challenge more dangerous
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-28-2015 15:37     Subject: 1x09 Harvey Dent

Bruce taking Selina into his home was understandable as she was helping to catch his parent's killer but Alfred not being so keen to have her there was amusing, Dent loosing his temper with the prime suspect in the Wayne murders was surprising

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-28-2015 23:55 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-28-2015 16:06     Subject: 1x10 LoveCraft

How on earth did they find out Selina was at Bruce's place but with her being street smart I thought he was probable safe with her and looks like Jim going to Dent to find out who betrayed Selina was the right thing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2015 01:52     Subject: 1x11 Rogues' Gallery

With Barbara away I can see Jim and Leslie hitting it off at the asylum and Jack Gruber conducting electroshock therapy on the patients looks like he has created the perfect killing machine
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2015 02:19     Subject: 1x12 What the Little Bird Told Him

Jim bargaining his career on whether he can recover Gruber in 24 hours was a tall order and trust Penguin to let slip what he was really up to, Barbara visiting her parents was bizarre and Penguin spoiling Fish's plans was impressive it's just a shame the girl died
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-29-2015 02:49     Subject: 1x13 Welcome Back, Jim Gordon

What a tragedy that the witness was murdered in the police station waiting to give evidence and you can understand why Jim thought it was an inside job as the cameras had been turned off but arresting the dirty cop was great
Author: bala    Time: 2-1-2015 12:54     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

That a good question but it certainly made for an interesting  life lesson for Bruce seeing how poor people live
Author: bala    Time: 2-1-2015 12:57     Subject: Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

Jim and leslie do make an interesting couple but it odd the actress that plays her made her character look like bad guy when in fact she wasn't but Jack Gruber certainly makes for an interesting villain but if he could escape so easily why he wait for so long i understand he was conducting experiment but surely if you knew how escape Arham you would?.
Author: bala    Time: 2-1-2015 12:58     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

It was a tall order but we knew he would find him and catch him and is this end of fish?
Author: bala    Time: 2-1-2015 13:00     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

I have say fish is one hell of lucky person she people who are loyal to her and going confront penguin while he was in her club was very amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-3-2015 02:07

Gotham 1x15 Promo "The Scarecrow"
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2015 09:19     Subject: 1x14 The Fearsome Dr. Crane

man that penguin really know escape from tricky situation and ringing the guy who was crushing him was quick thinking and look Gordan is moving on but making him kiss her in front everyone at the police station was amusing.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-7-2015 13:02     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

Bruce is bound to regret relieving Jim of his promise to find his parents killer and Selina using James place was amusing and Penguin seems to have more lives than a cat but how he knew the guy operating the crushers phone number was a little unbelievable
Author: bala    Time: 2-7-2015 13:46     Subject: Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

The number was on sign next to the crusher
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2015 10:17     Subject: 1x15 The Scarecrow

Bruce falling down the hill and being injuried was scary but finding his butler waiting for him at top was amusing .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-11-2015 05:29

Gotham 1x16 Promo "The Blind Fortune Teller"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-17-2015 04:01

Gotham 1x17 Promo "Red Hood"
Author: bala    Time: 2-17-2015 10:49     Subject: 1x16 The Blind Fortune Teller

Who would thought a date at circus would lead to a murder   but using a snake to find the body was amusing
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-23-2015 22:55

Gotham 1x18 Promo "Everyone Has a Cobblepot"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-2-2015 23:49

Gotham 1x19 Promo
Gotham 1x19 Promo #2 "Beasts of Prey"

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-31-2015 19:59 ]
Author: bala    Time: 3-3-2015 10:56     Subject: 1x17 red hood

it's sad to think the bank robber thought that red hood was powerful when it just was a symbol
Author: bala    Time: 3-3-2015 10:57     Subject: 1x18 Everyone Has a Cobblepot

Jim trying to get commissioner  dirt on cops was more tricky than it's worth but making a deal ith penguin for future favour was very dangerous
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-13-2015 23:48

Gotham 1x20 Promo "Under the Knife"
Author: bala    Time: 4-14-2015 11:41     Subject: 1x19 Beasts of Prey

Nice returning episode but Jim being tricked into investigating serial killer was unfortunate as this one someone all senior cop were afraid to catch because he seem too good.

Here a lesson for you women if a man say he wants unconditional love RUN AWAY that was massive red flag as he basically saying he wants a female slave and the fact those women couldn't figure that out was their own damn fault.  I realise this might seem harsh but i have to be honest if there were no clues i would understand but just the way he spoke and his mannerism gave me the creep factor and i am a guy.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2015 04:29

Gotham 1x21 Promo "The Anvil or the Hammer"
Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2015 10:01     Subject: 1x20 Under the Knife"

Going after Gordon's ex was interesting situation but she has no idea she's on a date with a serial killer
Author: bala    Time: 4-28-2015 10:02     Subject: 1x21 The Anvil or the Hammer"

I knew Gordan would get him but penguin starting a mob war should be interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-2-2015 12:31

Gotham 1x22 Promo "All Happy Families Are Alike" (HD) Season Finale
Author: bala    Time: 5-5-2015 10:57     Subject: 1x22 "All Happy Families Are Alike

This set up season 2 nicely but fish death was a bit ridclous she deserved a better exit than being pushed over the bridge.
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-7-2015 12:47

I have been watching allot of shows these past couple of weeks but this one is by far my favourite show so far, I'm only 7 episodes in but I'm loving everything about it so far and look forward to seeing how it all plays out towards the end of season 1
Author: bala    Time: 8-8-2015 10:03     Subject: Reply 68#68 spratt89's post

I have to be honest it get better towards the end i really didn't like start of the series but it grew on me .

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0