Board logo

Subject: Allegiance Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2015 01:25     Subject: Allegiance Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Allegiance Premiered on NBC on February 05, 2015

This high-octane thriller revolves around the O'Connor family and their son, Alex (Gavin Stenhouse), a young idealistic CIA analyst specializing in Russian affairs. Unbeknownst to him, both of his parents and his sister are part of a dormant Russian sleeper cell that has just been reactivated.

Years ago, Russian-born Katya (Hope Davis) was tasked by the KGB to recruit American businessman Mark O'Connor (Scott Cohen) as a spy, and the two fell in love. A deal was struck: as long as Katya remained an asset for Russia, she would be allowed to marry Mark and move to America. After years in America building a happy life and without word from Moscow, they thought they had escaped. Now it seems the new Mother Russia has one more mission - turning Alex into a spy. The SVR (Russian Intelligence) has re-enlisted the entire family into service as they plan a terrorist operation inside U.S. borders that will bring America to its knees. For these anguished parents, the choice is clear: betray their country... or risk their family.

The series also stars Margarita Levieva (Natalie O'Connor), Morgan Spector (Victor Dobrynin), Kenneth Choi (Sam Luttrell) and Alex Peters (Sarah O'Connor).

Based on an Israeli format, "Allegiance" is a production of Universal Television, Keshet Media and Yes! and comes from Executive Producer, Showrunner and Producing Director George Nolfi ("The Adjustment Bureau") and Executive Producers Avi Nir, John Glenn, Rashad Raisani, Ron Leshem, Amit Cohen, Giyora Yahalom and Yona Wisenthal.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Allegiance Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2015 01:26

Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2015 01:28

Allegiance 1x02 Promo "Teamwork"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2015 02:52     Subject: 1x01 Pilot

Alex having no idea his parents used to be Russian spies reminds me of The Americans and the fact his case could uncover their identity did make the urgency more understandable
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2015 08:43     Subject: Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

of course it reminds you of Americans this was NBC attempt to compete with the American because of how successful that show is for FX. As for the show i think it's better because family situation is different and kids are a lot more older. I can't wait till the mother finds out who her daughter boyfriend is she really hates him.

The parents spying on their son i was worried they would stretch that out but to resolve that by end of the episode was brilliant.

Overall i think this series has potential assuming it doesn't try not copy the American instead make a show unique to them.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-9-2015 01:49

This has now been added to the VIP site
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-13-2015 03:55

Allegiance 1x03 Promo "Surreptitious Entry"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-13-2015 13:10     Subject: 1x02 Teamwork

Alex's face when his mother lied about having an affair was priceless but at leased it was believable and that was a good call on the cab driver but shame he got away and his mother saving his life without him knowing was great
Author: bala    Time: 2-14-2015 03:57     Subject: Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

I have to say lie being so convincing her husband almost believed it but Alex memory and ability is really amazing how he can recall things so clearly    .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-14-2015 04:24     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

His family are going to have their hand full trying to keep him safe from the Russian's and God help them if he finds the bug on his shirt
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-20-2015 00:35

Allegiance 1x04 Promo "Chasing Ghosts"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-20-2015 08:16     Subject: 1x03 Surreptitious Entry

Victor ordering the O'Connors to break in and steal the laptop at 6am before Alex and the FBI get their hands on it was risky but that was a close call and It was only a matter of time before Katya discovered Natalie was seeing him
Author: bala    Time: 2-20-2015 08:30     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I thought she only bugged one of his shirts not all of them . I thought they lost bug in pervious episode when he removed his shirt to cover the guys wounds.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-20-2015 08:42     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

He also took his shirt off before putting on the grey boiler-suite
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-26-2015 23:48

Allegiance 1x05 Promo "Tipping Point"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-27-2015 01:21     Subject: 1x04 Chasing Ghosts

Talk about a close call getting out of the building and they should of know a laptop like that would have self destruct if it got in the wrong hands but I think they did the right thing in telling Alex the truth as he was so close in finding out himself
Author: bala    Time: 2-27-2015 01:33     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

The question whether they will tell the truth or not they already lied to him once so i don't know whether they give him full story.
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2015 12:15     Subject: 1x05 Tipping Point

This was best ending for an episode it ain't often you can end a serious show like this on funny note but they did i am not going spoil it talking about a family affair . Guy taking out his sister mother and almost his dad was amusing .

I really hope they keep up this comic aspect of them all working together it would make it more entertaining
Author: Milks26    Time: 3-6-2015 13:25     Subject: NBC Cancels Allegiance (Duh)

The network—which recently gave up on its long-running Thursday comedy block and swapped it for more serious fare—has canceled its underperforming spy drama Allegiance. The series was only five episodes into its first season, using the recently relocated The Blacklist as a springboard into the 10pm hour. But Red Reddington couldn't boost the Americans knock-off (which wasn't that good in the first place), and Allegiance debuted on February 5 with fewer than 5 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-to-49 demographic, putting it in last place behind Elementary and How to Get Away With Murder. Things only got worse after that, with this week's fifth episode notching 3.36 million viewers and a series-low 0.8 rating. You've been burned, Allegiance! Just as I predicted.

courtesy https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/nbc-cancels-allegiance-duh-moves-190300300.html
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2015 13:40     Subject: Reply 19#19 Milks26's post

It was fun while it lasted

I am so glad when this happen one less show to watch
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-6-2015 13:44     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

For every one cancelled it seems like there are twice as many new shows
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2015 13:47     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yeah because more network are producing tv show before it was only major broadcasting channel and cable channel but now online company are produce tv shows which has fragmented the market .

[ Last edited by bala at 3-6-2015 21:48 ]
Author: spratt89    Time: 3-6-2015 13:53

I don't think I will even waste my time watching this now that its cancelled, what is the point of watching it knowing it was cancelled after less than 10 episodes with no ending, so stupid of networks, cable channels & websites to do things like that
Author: Milks26    Time: 3-6-2015 13:57     Subject: Reply 23#23 spratt89's post

Yep, sometimes it is pointless to watch cancelled shows. Then again there are some that I do watch and wonder why was it cancelled.

NBC was trying to copy FX The Americans anyway.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-7-2015 03:26     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

The timing of Alex being confronted with the reality of his family's past couldn't of been worse as s his integrity is questioned at work along with them trying to find the mole but nice work in destroying the hard drive
Author: bala    Time: 3-13-2015 10:48     Subject: 1x06 Liars and Thieves

After what happen end of the episode getting him to break office to get the ledger was good shame he got shot by her handler . So much operation to go smooth . That was close call for his sister having team almost on her .About time Alex meet his parent's handler
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-14-2015 06:49     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

I'm surprised they trusted him enough to break into the offices with just Natalie as he had almost taken them all out last time but Victor killing his was a tragic as he did come through for them and manipulating the task force to send Alex to Italy was impressive
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2015 05:48     Subject: 1x07 Stranger in a Strange Land

Alex's mission was really tricky when it lost antidote pill for sickness but now we have new bad guy and he look American. Alex sleeping with his partner was amusing because he not like that but her forcing him to tell her how he feel was nice.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-20-2015 06:14     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

It's a shame VIP have stopped updating this since it was cancelled
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2015 06:36     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yeah i just surprised someone airing remaining episodes
Author: bala    Time: 3-21-2015 00:06     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

look like they read your comment
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-22-2015 12:11     Subject: 1x07 Stranger in a Strange Land

Alex having a better view than Michelle was amusing as he was checking out her ass while she was looking out the window but you just knew they would end up in bed together and dropping the blue pill was tragic as it cost his helpers life
Author: bala    Time: 3-27-2015 08:31     Subject: 1x08 The Arrival

Alex is screwed i don't think he get out of this after his boss suspicious of him but the fact that his girlfriend is killed is going make him more suspicious
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-28-2015 07:03     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

Michelle needing to define their relationship to Alex was amusing but the fact she told Sam was nice as it took the suspicion of his strange behaviour away from him and was it Alex's telling her the truth got her shot
Author: bala    Time: 3-28-2015 07:15     Subject: Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

We don't know i hope we find out who kills her
Author: bala    Time: 4-2-2015 11:11     Subject: 1x09 Clean hands

Getting rid of Michelle body was family affair good thing there were listening police radio or Alex would be in trouble
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-7-2015 00:41     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

Considering Alex is such a genius he can be such an idiot going in to Michelle's apartment after being told he's being framed for her attack and nice work in cleaning up before the FBI turned up but shame about the smell of bleach
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2015 01:22     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

That's the problem with genius they don't have common sense
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-10-2015 01:28     Subject: 1x10 A Convenient Place to Die

Who warned Alex of his impending arrest and helped him escape was surprising but after the questioning started I thought it was all a plan to get him to talk and him turning out to be the mole I should of seen coming
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2015 03:58     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was obvious he was the mole but what a great cover he had since he tasked finding moles it was perfect.

Alex took one hell risk to bleed out and now the whole family is on the run .

It's great there's no promo for the future episode as we have no idea what's going to happen
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2015 07:37     Subject: 1x11 Blowback

It was about time youngest Connor found out what the parents do but seeing her dad kill someone in front of her was one hell of way to find out . Alex convince his boss who the mole was tricky but he made believe when he tried to kill him.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2015 12:43     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

That was a hell of a way for Sarah to find out but the fact the janitor was trying to kill her it had to be done and Alex going to see Sam was a hell of a risk especially getting him to help but saving his life was great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2015 13:07     Subject: 1x12 Those Who Help Themselves

Killing his pregnant girlfriend was unbelievable
Author: bala    Time: 4-24-2015 12:39     Subject: Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

At least he had the decency say goodbye before shooting her .
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2015 10:46     Subject: 1x13 Family Crisis

Great conclusion to the series but i like there left it open-ended for the next chapter .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-20-2015 03:56     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

The girls setting a trap for the guys trying to kill them was impressive
Author: Milks26    Time: 9-8-2015 17:37

I finally got around to watching this show but alas I had to quit after episode 5. Simply boring. The lead actor (son) was a annoying no it all, with idiosyncrasies that just fell flat, with the stink of its been done before.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 9-8-2015 17:42 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-10-2015 08:41     Subject: Reply 47#47 Milks26's post

your too critical when it comes tv shows
Author: Milks26    Time: 9-10-2015 10:33     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

You should check your own history before you can make such a statement.
Author: bala    Time: 9-10-2015 10:45     Subject: Reply 49#49 Milks26's post

LOL but i have never given up after 5 episodes usually it takes a couple of seasons before i give up on a show
Author: Milks26    Time: 9-10-2015 17:10     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

Okay - but here I only had 13 episodes to play with.  It was my intention to watch the whole season, and I usually try to do so with cancelled shows,  but I just couldn't force myself in this case. It happens

Low Winter Sun is the next one on my bucket list.

Have you watched the one episode of Chris Carter's 'The After'. It was weird and nothing like him until the last 5 minutes of the episode. I'm a died hard X Files fan, and although I could tell the After would be nothing like the latter - I would've liked to have seen at least 13 episodes here before Amazon axed it.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0