Board logo

Subject: Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: trulee    Time: 8-27-2007 05:56     Subject: Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

ABOUT THE SHOW

From one of the headwriters and executive producers of "Sex and the City" and the director of the Academy Award(r)-winning film, "Walk the Line," comes a fun and sexy ensemble drama about finding love in the most unexpected places.

"Finding a good man in today's world isn't as difficult as some women think. You just have to watch out for the signs. You wouldn't drive with a blindfold on, but for some reason, women continue to date with one..." So native New Yorker Marin advises a crowd of her devoted fans. Marin thinks she has found her good man, fiance Graham, but discovers, bound for a speaking engagement in Elmo, Alaska, that he's been cheating on her. Plans for the wedding come to a screeching halt. Concluding that she really doesn't know anything about men, Marin resolves to temporarily stay in Elmo, where the ratio of men to women is ten to one, and get started on her new book - about men.

Marin's subjects are quite a lively bunch. Adorably affable Patrick, an avid fan of Marin's books, runs the town's only inn and radio station. Man's man Buzz owns his own airline (one prop plane) that flies in and out of Elmo. Sophisticated Ben runs the town's only bar and has an unusual past. Last but definitely not least, strong and silent Jack protects the environment and comes to protect Marin from a possibly rabid raccoon and, occasionally, herself.

There are women in Elmo too. Both Theresa, Ben's estranged wife and a former rock musician, and Sara, the town's "working girl," introduce Marin to a whole new way of thinking about men. Mai, Buzz's mail-order bride who's always wheeling and dealing, and Patrick's mother, Celia, Elmo's ever watchful police chief, keep Marin on her toes. And of course there's Annie, Marin's biggest fan, who moves to Elmo after hearing about Marin's break-up to reassure her -- mostly by quoting the relationship advice she has learned from Marin's books. Back in NYC, Marin's tough-girl editor, Jane, lends her long-distance support, and even braves the ice and bad cell phone reception for the occasional visit.

Marin learns that she has been living with her eyes closed for too long. Now that they're finally open, she sees the amazingly beautiful world around her, and for the first time she'll have the chance to stop and breathe. Now if she could just get the raccoon out of her hotel room, this place might be perfect.

"MEN IN TREES" stars Anne Heche as Marin Frist, Abraham Benrubi as Ben Thomasson, Emily Bergl as Annie O'Donnell, Seana Kofoed as Jane, Suleka Mathew as Sara, Derek Richardson as Patrick Bachelor, Cynthia Stevenson as Celia Bachelor, Sarah Strange as Theresa, Lauren Tom as Mai Washington, James Tupper as Jack Slattery and John Amos as Buzz Washington.

POST ALL COMMENTS AND VIEWS HERE.

from: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... =836&extra=page%3D1

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 00:06 ]
Author: elegantly-evil    Time: 9-5-2007 02:12

I really like this show...when it first started I thought it was going to be a bit of a copycat of the 80's show Northern Exposure, but although it has a similar premise, it's different and quirky..love it
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-7-2007 11:44

yeah.  it is awesome.  can't wait for the new season!
Author: sarahjo    Time: 9-12-2007 15:42

Really is awesome show. Took a while to get into, but now I really love it.  What's the deal with the new season? Has it started? Hope it's going to come to Ireland......
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-13-2007 10:50

It starts at the end of October.  maybe the 19th or 26th.  It is Friday nights at 9 or 10.  And there are 5 episodes from season 1 that were cut, so i do not know if they will air those or edit them so they just start new
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-12-2007 19:14     Subject: Men In Trees Season 2 - Discussion

What did you think about that rock at the end "SICKNESS"? Do you think it means Marin has some unknown illness? When she was narrating, she said some pain is still too deep to be seen by human eyes. I think there was a definite message there.  

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-28-2007 13:31 ]

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 11-26-2007 20:29 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-13-2007 11:21     Subject: Reply #1 gypsiegirl66's post

I definitely noticed that, and think it will play a roll in this season, though I don't think it will be introduced right away.  Since the rock was hers and it was one that didn't get tossed over the mountain, my suspicion is that Marin will have some serious illness.  

Great episode though.  It answered the questions that we had, while adding new twists and complications.  I had to laugh out loud over Dick, Celia's boyfriend, coming out of the closet, and her opening of the closet doors to discover what he did in there.  A very real relationship milestone.   Annie's highly competitive nature was revealed, as was Patrick's deep love for her in spite of it.

I think it's going to be a great season...even better because it will be longer.  YAY!
Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2007 11:39

it isn't uploaded yet
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-13-2007 11:43     Subject: Reply #3 bala's post

Sometimes it pays to live on this side of the Atlantic.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-13-2007 12:02     Subject: Reply #2 waterlilybarb's post

I got the impression that she did throw it over the mountain, the way it was laying in the snow........Now that you put it that way,  your theory makes more sense.
I laughed my butt off at that and when he did it after the game of Twister, at The Chieftain, that was sooo hilarious!
Another, relationship hurdle is the ex-factor which Ben and Theresa, Jack & Lynn and even Buzz & Mia seemed to be facing in this episode.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-13-2007 12:17     Subject: Reply #5 gypsiegirl66's post

It looked to me like the rock was in lying in the snow in Marin's yard.

The others should prove interesting.  On ABC's MIT page it has info about the show...updated for season 2.  Looks like we're in for a good ride.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-13-2007 12:45     Subject: Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

I've got my seatbelt fastened and am ready for the roller coaster!!!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-13-2007 13:03     Subject: Reply #7 gypsiegirl66's post

Alright then Bette...looks like we're in for a bumpy ride.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-14-2007 13:14     Subject: Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

It was CASH'S rock, it was written in blue ink. Remember, Todd had given Marin red and Cash blue!!!! Cash is the one who's sick!!!
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-15-2007 08:53

Thanks gypsy.    That is what I was going to point out.  Cash's only rock was sickness.  It will be interesting to see what happens there.  

The end part with Lynn made me think she may be gone soon.  "I'm not sure I want her to believe in fairy tales."  I think she may walk out on Jack.  I think there is still going to be a lot of drama between Ben and Theresa
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-15-2007 12:14     Subject: Reply #10 themegababe's post

I hadn't noticed the colour of the ink...or if I did I forgot.  Good catch.  As you say, should be interesting.

I really liked what Lynn said.  I don't think it's a good idea, especially for little girls, to be brought up thinking fairy tales are real.  I too think that Lynn might realize that Jack, though noble, is not really IN love with her anymore.  She'll most likely leave him, but maybe not Elmo.  I'll guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out.

And, yes, there's definitely going to be some drama between Ben & Theresa.  ABC's MIT page gives some info as to what Ben will be up to and hints that at least one marriage will end.  My bet is on theirs, but you never know.  He too is a noble guy.
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-15-2007 14:10

They could not have Lynn leave Elmo, they need the tension to stay!  haha  Barb, About one marriage ending, who is actually married?  Ben and Theresa.  Buzz and Mai.  That's about it.  Lynn and Jack aren't technically married.  Is there anyone else married?

See, i think that fairy tales are all right.  But know that you need to wait and that there should be some reality.  For instance, I have met my Prince Charming and he is wonderful.  And his proposal was very romantical.  However, he has his flaws, as I have my own.  So I  guess,  I like fairy tales because I can forget about real life for awhile.  But I also believe that life can have fairy tale moments, and in the end all things will work out.  However, it is not so clean cut and easy.  Did that make any sense at all?
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-15-2007 15:40     Subject: Reply #12 themegababe's post

Well, I see Justine Bateman (Lynn) Is listed as a guest star under most of the sites out there and she isn't even on the ABC cast bio page. That tells me, she wont be around too much longer and may only come back on occasion, to stir up some trouble.

I like a good fairy tail myself, unfortunately I've learned that nothing in life turns out that way, but good luck to you and your future hubby. I hope yours is one, that breaks all the rules about fairy tales!!

Author: themegababe    Time: 10-16-2007 07:55

Well. I know it will not be perfect.  There will always be snafus in life.  But my prayers are that we are happy and love each other forever. Wow, I am sappy. But, it's true! haha
Author: bala    Time: 10-16-2007 10:05

i'm confused i thought rock sickness refer to the other guy?
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-16-2007 10:25

Yes.  The rock sickness does refer to Cash
Author: bala    Time: 10-16-2007 10:30     Subject: Reply #16 themegababe's post

was confused when you said marin
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-16-2007 12:38     Subject: Reply #17 bala's post

It might help you understand better, if you read the responding posts before posting.........that it was Cash's rock has already been established. Sorry if you got confused.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-18-2007 08:26     Subject: Reply #13 gypsiegirl66's post

Word on the street () is that Jack might get a new love interest after going away for some course for is job.  So if Lynn leaves Elmo there will still be plenty of tension.

Re: Fairy tales, I admit, I enjoy a good one every now and then, more so as an adult than as a child.  It's nice to watch a movie that has the typical "happy ending" sometimes because it's fantasy and entertainment should sometimes just let us fantasize.  On the whole, I can't say I read a lot of fairy tales growing up, and life was anything but happily ever after.  The concept is nice, I just meant that I don't like little girls to think that all their problems will be fixed if a "handsome prince" comes into their life to sweep them off their feet.  As long as fantasy isn't confused with reality (which is another reason I don't read them to really young children...they don't know the difference yet), fairy tales can be fun.   

Sorry for the long ramble, but it's something I feel strongly about.

Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-18-2007 08:49     Subject: Reply #19 waterlilybarb's post

No Other Woman for Jack on 'Men In Trees,' Series Creator Dishes on Season 2
September 13, 2007

Real life couple Anne Heche and James Tupper Earlier in the summer, it was reported that The Practice actress Kelli Williams will appear on the new season of ABC's Men in Trees.  Reports have claimed that Williams' character will serve as a love interest for Jack Slattery (James Tupper), but series creator/writer Jenny Bicks has said otherwise.

“Contrary to press reports, the character of Julia, played by Kelli Williams… will NOT be a love interest for Jack.  She will play a happily married scientist who works with Jack,” Bicks wrote on the show's production blog.  â€œThey will bond, but this isn't a love thing, okay?  You will get some delicious Jack and Marin [Anne Heche] this season, I promise.”

Author: themegababe    Time: 10-18-2007 12:52

lame!  haha  I mean, I am glad about Jack and Marin, but a little drama just spices things up!  haha

Thanks for the clarification about fairy tales barb!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-18-2007 13:57     Subject: Reply #21 themegababe's post

I have to agree with you on the drama front.  We don't wan things to get boring now, do we?
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-18-2007 17:34

you know, i should really use snazzy fonts more often.

Drama here we come!

Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-18-2007 19:57     Subject: Reply #23 themegababe's post

Hey girls, don't shoot the messenger, I was just copying/pasting from article before I headed to the Dr. yesterday. Geeze, I think it's a stinker too, you all know how much I love the drama department, I love to have things all stirred up too. Infact if it was possible, Id be the one stirring things up for Jack and Marin........
That jack is quite the Hottie.. !!

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-18-2007 20:22     Subject: Reply #24 gypsiegirl66's post

He is rather scrumptious, isn't he?   We sure do grow some good looking people up here in Canada.

A little eye candy.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-19-2007 00:25 ]
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-18-2007 20:50     Subject: Reply #25 waterlilybarb's post

Yes you do!! I remember when I was in H.S. in Maine. We used to go to the beach in the summer to look at all the Canooks in their crank suits (mens bikini), `cause none of the Maniacs wore them.
Believe me when I say, you do have some hotites!! Whoo Whoo!!!   

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-18-2007 21:09     Subject: Reply #26 gypsiegirl66's post

Thankfully, the men I know...even the hot ones...have the sense to wear trunks to the beach.  It was most likely French Canadians you were eying.  They're a little more European in their tastes.  As for my guys, they don't want to give away any family secrets, if ya' know what I mean. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-19-2007 08:31

haha I like how this has turned into a talk about canadians in banana hammocks.  haha
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-19-2007 13:35     Subject: Reply #27 waterlilybarb's & themegababe's post

Well. the crank suit isn't really my tasted either but, but you have to admit it's nice eye cnady.....lol!! I wouldn't be seen walking down the beach, with a guy wearing one though........lol

Well, don't most great convo's end up about hot men....

Author: themegababe    Time: 10-19-2007 14:28

True story
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 10-19-2007 22:08     Subject: Episode 2

Looks like Lynn is on her way out of town, I wonder who will be shaking things up next? maybe it will be Cash or Marins ex, they may give us a little show of Marin & Jack play time, but that wont last.......and thats a good thing!!! I'm glad Lynn is gone though, I didn't like her character, it was just too blah, she had no pizazz at all.
I loved how Celia's eyes kept rolling up, that was soo funny to me, cause it was so obviously faked, I don't know something about her just cracks me up.

Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2007 04:37

Kelli Williams-man she hot-sorry for being a typical guy

can't wait to see her
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-20-2007 09:38     Subject: Reply #31 gypsiegirl66's post

Yes, Celia's eyes were a riot!  It cracked me up too.

As for Lynn, I'm glad she's gone too, and I'm glad Jack was finally honest with her and with himself about his feelings for her.  I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up later in the season, after having the baby, for some help.  I don't think she'll ever be Jack's love interest again, but she is on her own, and Elmo was her home.  

I also found Cash & Marin's stew cook off to be rather amusing, along with her subsequent foray into the forest.  Can you imagine the headline...Author Killed By Wild Parsnip...too ridiculous.
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2007 09:54

do you think she will come back? lynn
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-20-2007 10:19     Subject: Reply #34 bala's post

Possibly, but if she does I think it would only be for an episode or two.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-28-2007 09:10     Subject: Episode: No Man Is an Iceland

Great episode!  I loved the return of Buzz' son, George, and his efforts to aid Patrick in wedding planning.  Very entertaining.

What I'm curious about is Cash getting that cold.  That can NOT possibly be the sickness the rock referred to.  If it is, that was lame.  If it isn't, I wonder how it will present itself.  Also, I want the recipe for Marin's "wonder" soup.  Sounds tasty, and seems to be a cure for whatever bug they had.  I need me some of that soup!

It was nice to meet a member of Mai's family.  Could you imagine being set up with Jerome?  That was stinkin' funny!  The fact that she would have preferred to marry a gay man over him tells us even more about Jerome.  Again, very funny...had me laughing out loud.

Celia's worry about being the "older" woman was cute, but when Dick said, "Let me be the Ashton to your Demi", I just about choked I laughed so hard.  They are an amusing pair, to say the least.

I'm glad that Marin and Jack are talking again.  Hopefully they'll settle into a friendship for a while and figure out what they really want before getting back into a romantic relationship.  I like them as friends.

Jack's attempt at tattoo removal looked painful.  That's a lesson...never have a person's name inked into your body.  You never know what could happen.

There was so much more good stuff in this episode, but I'm too tired to go on about it all.  I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say about it though.

Author: themegababe    Time: 10-29-2007 16:15     Subject: Reply #36 waterlilybarb's post

about Cash's sickness.  I think you are right.  That cannot be the sickness.  UNLESS he has aids or is HIV positive, so is susceptible to colds because of a weakened immune system.  I cannot think of many shows that deal with Aids.  Most show cancer or leukemia.  

I was also really excited to meet Mai's cousin.  She was so cute.  And like i mini-Mai!  haha

I think you did a great job at a recap Barb.   but yeah, I like Marin and Jack as friends, but I feel like they are going to try and pull the just friends thing, then there will be sexual tension, then get apart, then closer. I think it is going to be rather cyclic.  haha

And It will be interesteing to see if George is a  main character.  When he arrived last season, I wanted to see him as one.  It was really cute how he was just so far off from what Partick wanted. The suggestions were just ridiculous!  haha

What do you think about the racial mix on the show?  Usually shows are all white with  one black person, or all Asian, or all Hispanic.  It seems like many shows are getting more diverse and getting better at intergrating casts.  I would say this show is predominately white, but there is a mixture with Asian and black as well.  Thoughts?
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2007 00:11

well i finally got round to watching this last night and it was a nice episode i agree about cash i suppose they don't reveal his sickness too early it would ruin the suspense and i have no problem waiting.

Jack's attempt at tattoo removal looked painful.  That's a lesson...never have a person's name inked into your body-well that's love for you. i wonder why he didn't remove the tattoo before when she left first time.

What do you think about the racial mix on the show? -it's a good mix because each one bring own interesting story-lines on the show
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 11-1-2007 17:11

First and foremost I would like to say thanks to Barb for taking the lead on the MIT Board, when I went away unexpectedly and doing this weeks recap. Sorry you all didn't get episode 3 quiz, but more important things came up.

I thought this was a great episode, as all of you seemed to also.  
For me I thought Cash's getting sick was some kind of "red herring" type thing, suppose to maybe throw us off, but we are too smart for that. I thought of the HIV/AIDS end of it, but I'm hoping this show doesn't go in that direction, that's just me.
I thought it was hilarious when Jack was having his tattoo removed with a Dremel, that had to have been so painful, but it was so funny. All I could think was, what do men think??
I loved that Cash seemed to be Jack and Marin's intermediary too, and got them back talking. I like the show best when they are at least talking, they don't have to be together, they can even be fighting, as long as there is some type of chemistry.
My favorite part of the show was Terri and George, the whole "marriage" and Terri getting jealous, after saying he didn't want commitment. I just really like them two, they make a great addition to the show.
Mai's sister was a nice touch, I liked her and I too have no clue why anyone would have set her up with Jerome.

[ Last edited by  gypsiegirl66 at 11-2-2007 01:13 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-1-2007 21:57     Subject: Reply #37 themegababe's post

I love that the show is reflecting a bit more reality in regards to the racial mix and interracial couples.  Many of my friends and some of my family are in interracial marriages or relationships.  It's never been an issue in my family.  

I think it's good to let people from places where the races don't mix so openly see that it's not a bad thing.  Sometimes there are differences resulting from cultural backgrounds, but there are differences in every relationship no matter what the race.

Gypsie, I also found George & Terri to be good additions.  Terri is such a strange duck, like a fish out of water, in the "macho" Alaskan image most people imagine.  It's a neat juxtaposition.  I also hope they make them, at the very least, recurring characters.  They sure are funny, and definitely quirky enough to fit into the show and Elmo.

Author: bala    Time: 11-4-2007 08:59     Subject: Episode 4

Well this was funny episode i honestly don't know where to start Patrick bachelor  party with mud wrestler i got admit it really made me laugh and Celia drunk is very funny. so jack made the right decision about job give it time to see what happens.

edited:thanks barbs

[ Last edited by  bala at 11-4-2007 17:49 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-4-2007 09:46     Subject: Reply #41 bala's post

It wasn't a birthday party it was his bachelor party.

I'm too tired to chat about it now, but I'll be back.

Author: themegababe    Time: 11-5-2007 09:27     Subject: Reply #42 waterlilybarb's post

hah yeah the O'Bachelorton bachelor party!  haha  I thought it was a great episode as well.  and there will be an episode 4 review up for you guys later today!  So do not fret!
Author: penny3760    Time: 11-10-2007 17:57     Subject: Hi Everybody!

I just got done watching episode 5 (The Girl Who Cried Wolf) and it was the best episode I have seen so far. I can't wait to see what happens next week. To see if Marin gets attacked by the wolves. Granny Penny
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-10-2007 18:25     Subject: Reply #44 penny3760's post

You're right, it was one of the best so far.  I, too, am looking forward to next week's episode.

The fiasco of the O'Bachelorton's impending nuptials, the straying padre, and the wolves...there's a lot going on in Elmo.

It looks like Cash is returning to Elmo...will this be the beginning of the "sickness" alluded to at the start of the season?
The Chieftain is now closed...what will the locals do?  And, last, but not least, we were left with Marin surrounded by a pack of wolves.  Next week's episode is going to be good!

Author: penny3760    Time: 11-10-2007 20:45

Hi Barb! I didn't know which thread to go to to ask this question.  Do you know when that new show called Zena will start?  I love that show. I've always wanted to see it from the very beginning. Thanks Granny Penny
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-10-2007 21:22     Subject: Reply #46 penny3760's post

Sorry Penny, your guess is as good as mine.   All I know is that it's coming soon, so it shouldn't be too much longer.
Author: themegababe    Time: 11-11-2007 19:18

Such an interesting episode!  I liked how the cat came back at the end, that has to be a good sign right?  And what do you all think will happen with Marin and the wolves?  Personally, I think that Jack is going to find her and save her.  And then he will stay.  But Cash being back will bring up more tension and drama.

I bet the cheiftan will reopen.  They cannot keep it closed for long.  That or the Inn (once repaired) will start serving booze.  

And the wedding.  Poor little Annie.  But I feel like she will have a talk with her Mom (who realized she shouldn't have gotten married or should have said something and had an impact on her wedding), and realize that Patrick loves her and they should get married.

Is Pastor Eric and Sarah's wedding coming soon??
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-11-2007 21:17     Subject: Reply #48 themegababe's post

I'd like to see Sarah marry the pastor, but I don't know if she'll feel worthy any time soon.  The previews for next week make it look like she feels guilty, like she led him astray.  We know that's not the case, he made his own choice, but with the town acting like it did, it's no wonder she feels responsible.

Someone's going to be in the hospital.  The previews made it seem like it might be Marin, but my guess is the cat...I don't know why.   

Whatever happens, I'm sure looking forward to the new episode.

Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 11-13-2007 12:31     Subject: Reply #49 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, you're right she probably won't feel worthy for some time, but I think that Eric will help her get over that. It was totally his decision to crawl into her bed, he went there looking for one thing that night, that was clear.

As far as the wolves, I have 2 thoughts, either Cash saves her, or Jack saves her. Maybe they both show up and it's a showdown, as to who is the most capable of protecting Marin.

Whatever is going to happen, I'll be there nail biting........
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-17-2007 08:38     Subject: Reply #50 gypsiegirl66's post

Well I didn't see that coming!  Patrick struck by lightning?!  And now with amnesia?!  I would not have guessed that.

You were right regarding Cash saving Marin...I'm just glad someone showed up to scare off the wolves.  We also now know for sure that Cash is the one who is ill.  I'm curious as to what the illness is.  It must be serious for him to return...maybe he had cancer and has had a recurrence.

I felt SO bad for Annie.  She looked beautiful, but her big day was a complete wash.  First discovering her parents wanted a divorce, then that her father had cheated on her mother, then Jane stealing the attention with her impromptu proposal to Sam, aka Plow Guy, then her brother is drunk, and finally, after making it down the aisle before the rain falls, Patrick gets struck by lightning.  THAT'S a bad wedding story.

There were some comic moments, and as usual Celia and Dick provided much of the comic relief with their being handcuffed together for the whole day.  Jerome was a surprise!  And the way Annie's mother fell for him, I found amusing.  

Pastor Eric and Sarah seem to be working things out, but Ben and Theresa look to be headed for a bit of trouble.  

All in all, a good episode.  I just hope they don't carry the amnesia thing on too long.  That can get tiresome after a while.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 11-22-2007 00:44 ]
Author: ms.smith    Time: 11-18-2007 01:37     Subject: Reply #51 waterlilybarb's post

Nope, we definitely didn't see the lightning coming Patrick's way!

I was happy to see Jane again. And the two proposals. What fun! But what will they be doing now? Where will they be living? New York?

I was so glad to see Cash return. Rooting for the guy since day one!

Will Jack leave and be gone for 9 months (pretty please??) - and what will Marin do during that time? Will his ex-wife finally leave town? (pretty please?)

Sorry, but I don't like either one of those chars.

The epi was okay, but not exciting.

I'm wondering if we're supposed to root for Jack? I find the back and forth as annoying as Jack's styled hair.
Author: themegababe    Time: 11-20-2007 11:09

Penny, Zena is up!

This episode, was great!  Just got a quiz up, sorry it took so long.  I have been a little lethargic as of late.  

See ms smith, I have to disagree.  I just really like Jack and Marin.  He was trying to be noble and stand by Lynne.  That was great!  And I do not think they were ever actually married, just dating for a long time.  And she left town a few episodes ago.

And yeah, i think we are supposed to be rooting for him!  Cash was thrown in for spice.  I wonder if he will stick around Elmo and let Marin take care of him.  Will he become her savior?  Will she ever be able to stand on her own?  And Barb, I think it may be cancer, or aids.  But I wonder if he will just continue being mysterious and showing up every 2 or 3 weeks.

And yeah, the amnesia needs to leave soon.  But he remembered the forget me nots!  He seems a little slower, more laid back now, maybe it is just because he is in the hospital.  Well, hopefully he remembers everything soon!
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 11-20-2007 15:59

Quote:
jack's styled hair
yeah, we think that 'do stinks like an old beehive wig, not that we like marin's character either. strange that a  character who is such a relationship black hole on a show that promotes such fidelity (and "standing by" a person should not = marrying them because someone else got them pregnant!) is supposed to be the maid of honor and best man. (btw, both she and tupper have filed for divorce no? that relationship sounds like a good idea - NOT)

we could just go ahead and like this show if they would get rid of jack and marin. the rest of the cast is adorable even if the amnesia bit is rather tired.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 11-20-2007 20:14

Well, I loved this episode, I thought it was great!!
I thought it was a complete riot when Annies brother got up there to make that speech and Jane ended up propsing to Sam. Then Annie got all mad, because Janie Hijacked her wedding, even though it was already a complete bomb.

That bobby-pin, that Terry put in Patrick's  hair and the chain reaction it caused, was so sad and so funny, what great writing. Like all of you (I thought this right after the scene), I hope this amnesia isn't dragged out to long.

You could have knocked me over with a feather, when I saw Jerome's transformation. Wow, what a complete difference, from what he looked like before he cleaned up. Still to see him with Annie's mum was, more than a little weird.

It was good to see that Eric and Sarah, might actually have a chance to work it out, they seem so good together. I do wonder what is up with Ben though, they kind of hinted through Theresa (by the things she said), that something may be going on with him, that even she is in the dark to (so are we).

I like Jack and Marin, I like them together (on the show). I don't agree with cheating (real life), I think it's completely wrong. However, I don't think it's wrong for someone that has been in love with someone most of their life, who isn't sure if they are over that person, to give it another try. Jack had to go back to Lynn, for it to finally be over. If he didn't there would have always been these lingering unresolved feelings. What would have happened, if he hadn't gone back and she left town after a few days, then came back a couple of years from now. Like after Jack and Marins first child was born (hypothetically), and they were having financial or other problems. What if he decided then, that he had missed his chance to resolve his feelings and instead of facing things, he now has an easy fix. No, I think that what happened was a good thing, for everyone involved.

As far as Cash goes, he's cute, but I don't see him as a long term type guy. He's more of a guy you go out with, to get over someone with. Don't be looking to settle down with this one, a girl would be luck to get a week of commitment from Cash.. Anyone can have a pretty face, but to get one that has the depth and the caring that Jack has, that's rare. IMO.  

Author: penny3760    Time: 11-20-2007 21:32     Subject: NICE DAY FOR A DRY WEDDING, Part II

This episode wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The part where Patrick is in the hospital and has amnesia. I thought it was funny when Patrick laughed when Mai said that she was his Mom-Mai and Buzz said that he was his dad. The look on Patrick's face made me laugh. I feel sorry for those two kids. They are so much in love.
I like Cash. I was hoping that Marin and Cash would get together.
Can anyone please tell me where Ben came into all that money to buy the Huskies Team. I've only watched 3 or 4  of the last episodes of the show.   I enjoy the show, but not enough to go back and watch the past episodes.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-20-2007 21:46     Subject: Reply #56 penny3760's post

From what I remember, Ben was some kind of computer whiz...a Bill Gates type.  He's a billionaire.  Anyone feel free to correct me if my memory is faulty.
Author: penny3760    Time: 11-20-2007 22:40     Subject: Reply #57 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Barb!
Author: bala    Time: 11-21-2007 08:45

sorry it's been a while since i posted just be very busy so i have a lot to say unfortunately i can't remember half of what i wanted to say but i seen barbs covered most of the points-i think it was obvious it had to be cash i mean why show him coming back in the previous episode.

Anne-i feel bad for her but hey that life you can't do nothing about getting hit by lighting and not dying can be seen a good sign-i rather he have amnesia than of died in this episode. i got to see where they take it from here with their story-line.
Author: Milks26    Time: 11-22-2007 16:43     Subject: Reply #59 bala's post

Dick is an idiot...
Author: Milks26    Time: 11-22-2007 16:47

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3760 at 11-21-2007 05:32

I like Cash. I was hoping that Marin and Cash would get together.
Can anyone please tell me where Ben came into all that money to buy the Huskies Team. ....
I love Cash...that guy is so hot . I've said it before...and I'll say it again...it's a shame that the show has Marian chasing Jack when a handsome, striking man in the form of Cash is right there.

But, they are going to get together...that's the whole reason why Jack is going away...when he gets back Marian and Cah will have a vested relationship (well I hope)

I want to know where Ben got his fortune to. I don't really watch the show.

thanks
Author: irishbuddy    Time: 11-25-2007 11:15

Quote:
Originally posted by sarahjo at 9-12-2007 23:42  
Really is awesome show. Took a while to get into, but now I really love it.  What's the deal with the new season? Has it started? Hope it's going to come to Ireland......
I have been reliably informed that the second season will be coming soon!

I love this show!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-25-2007 17:45     Subject: Finally got to watch it

So I watched the new episode.  I feel SO sad or Annie.  Patrick isn't Patrick anymore.
Marin continues to be as neurotic as ever.
Annie's mom and Jerome continue to surprise me.  Mai and Buzz as relationship counsellors?   Very amusing.
And Jane went off and married Sam!  That was surprising.
From the teaser for the next episode, it looks like Jack will return sooner than planned.

Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 11-26-2007 12:21     Subject: Reply 62#62 waterlilybarb's post

I just watched it too last night, that was so sad .  Annie was so desperate to get Patrick his memory back, but I had to crack up when she went and yelled at Celia for "imping her out", that was funny.

I guess we know what Ben was up to, I was so happy when I saw Theresa's name on the Zamboni, how cool. It was good to finally see them working things out, maybe they will make it after all.

Good to hear Jack will be returning sooner than planned, but I had an inkling he's be back much sooner than planned.

No show this week   Dec 7th is the next episode. Can't wait to see what's up next, for Elmo.

Author: irishbuddy    Time: 11-26-2007 14:53

Pity this place is so quiet.

I can't seem to find anyone online to chat about MiT with....
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-26-2007 15:00     Subject: Reply 7#7 irishbuddy's post

You might have a bit more success in the MiT Season 2 Discussion thread.  We've been talking about the new season since it began.  Come join the fun, we love to hear what others think.
Author: bala    Time: 11-27-2007 11:22     Subject: Reply 62#62 waterlilybarb's post

yes i don't know what to say it was great to see kellie william i thought she was replace jack in elmo while jack was away guess she's not , she's on the boat with him and ending was really good-i know they should be fine.

Patrick isn't Patrick any more-i'm not sure if this is good thing or bad thing because they still some element of Patrick still in him but maybe new outlook might stay with him-yes we all like patrick but let face it he's a bit of sissy.

7 december that ok
Author: irishbuddy    Time: 11-27-2007 15:38     Subject: Reply 8#8 waterlilybarb's post

Awwwww Okay and thanks waterlilybarb!
......as usual I'm in the wrong place! It'll take me some time to find my way around!
Author: irishbuddy    Time: 11-27-2007 15:50

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 11-21-2007 05:46  
From what I remember, Ben was some kind of computer whiz...a Bill Gates type.  He's a billionaire.  Anyone feel free to correct me if my memory is faulty.
Well it's time to be corrected, waterlilybarb!
Ben was supposedly the inventor of....wait for it......moist towelettes! That's how he made his fortune.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-27-2007 20:20     Subject: Reply 65#65 irishbuddy's post

Thanks for the correction.  I knew he made his fortune doing something kinda odd.
Author: themegababe    Time: 11-29-2007 11:49

Oh also, no one said anything about Jane!  I cannot believe she is married now!  haha  I feel like that is weirder than the Marin and Jack thing.  Jane and Sam had a two or three week fling thing.  Then she left.  Came back, they got married.  Anyone else find that really weird?

And I was shocked by what Annie said at the end of the episode.  How it is killing her and she thinks they should sleep in separate rooms. Does this mean she is breaking up with him or wants to give him space?

Funny quote : Marin: "I found a note in your shirt>."  Jack: "Yes, I'm wearing a shirt..."  haha
Author: bala    Time: 11-29-2007 12:00

jane boring wish they get rid of her
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-29-2007 12:43     Subject: Reply 68#68 bala's post

I must disagree with you, though you're welcome to your opinion.  I find Jane to be a good character and reminds us that Marin is a city girl at heart...even though she's come to love her new home.  Jane continues to add the fish out of water element to the show as Marin is settling more into small town life.  Plus, I love her and Sam, aka Plow Guy, together.  They're quite the unlikely match.

And Meg, I understand where Annie is coming from.  She feels like she's living with a stranger.  It's killing her that he doesn't remember her or that he ever loved her.  He treated her like a one night stand.  I'm not sure if she's breaking up with Patrick, but they definitely need to get to know each other all over again before they can move ahead.

Author: bala    Time: 11-29-2007 12:51     Subject: Reply 69#69 waterlilybarb's post

well that's fine, i don't like jane story-line i don't mind occasional appearance that doesn't bother me but i don't want her to become regular character
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 11-29-2007 14:18     Subject: Reply 70#70 bala's post

Oh, I would so love it, if Jane moved to Elmo to be with Sam a.k.a Plow Guy. I find her character, so refreshing from the other characters. I love all of them, but Jane brings something, a bit more sophisticated. To see her up there, in her Casadei shoes and her Tahari suits, is just hilarious. Plus, I don't find her boring at all, she is classic NYC goes to Elmo. I hope they take this storyline much further, and really bring out the humor and difficulties a move like this would bring.
Author: bala    Time: 11-30-2007 03:18     Subject: Reply 71#71 gypsiegirl66's post

i have nothing personal against jane it just i don't see what they can do with her character.
Author: ms.smith    Time: 11-30-2007 04:05     Subject: Reply 67#67 themegababe's post

Did you forget that Plow Guy went and visited her in NYC? Which was much fun, too! I loved that.

I'm so pleased they got married. Now it should get really interesting.. where to reside, how to work out their very different sets of friends. But I guess it'll be Elmo. Hope Jane stays true to herself there and doesn't turn into yet another Elmonite. That would be boring.
Author: ms.smith    Time: 11-30-2007 04:13     Subject: Reply 71#71 gypsiegirl66's post

Totally!!! I so hope she doesn't mutate and adjust as quickly as did Marin. We want tension! Surprise us with new ideas coming from that.

I'm dying to see a less traditional couple.

I personally don't care if Jack dies at sea or gets it on with that chick (there seems to be a hint in that direction).

Where on the planet was Cash? I must've missed where he went, but I'm totally not pleased.

Marin being all lovesick and calling Jack's mom was .... Eeeew. She stays home like little housewifey and waits till big strong man returns from his adventure out in the world? Gimme a break.

Jane, Jane, we desperately need Jane. Do something, mix it up, bring something new to this town which otherwise seems to be headed for La-la-Boring-Land.

Oh, and the new Patrick? -- New and improved!! Sorry for Annie, but new Patrick has a point. Born, raised, died in Elmo and never went anywhere? Who in his right mind would think that's interesting? Go discover the world, one way or the other, study something cool, whatever. Take Annie with you, if you like.
Author: themegababe    Time: 11-30-2007 12:26

No I do remember that plow guy went to NYC.  But I think she was in Elmo for a week and then he was in NYC for a week.  So that's like 2 weeks.  I said maybe 3.  haha It still just seems very fast to me.

And yeah Barb, I do get what Annie feels like.  I was just more shocked by what she said.  Actually, i didn't think Patrick was living with he, I figured he was back with his Mom.   It is a little wierd that they were in the same room.  And he did treat her like a one night stand.  That is so awkward and so un-Patrick-like!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-30-2007 21:17     Subject: Bummer!

No new episode tonight!  I forgot until I went to watch it.  Arggh!
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 11-30-2007 23:07     Subject: Reply 74#74 ms.smith's post

I'm with you ms. smith, let's start stirring that pot!! And I so want Janie to move to Elmo, I think they could take her character very far, as do I her and Sam's relationship. Elmo needs some new life, and the changes they are making, seems to be heading in the right direction, every show has to grow. I too love the new Patrick, I hope the old one comes back, keeping the new one in place!!
Of course, I myself want to see Marin and Jack end up together, in the end. Let's hope that is a long time from now, and that there is a lot more drama in between now and then!!

Nope, no show tonight Barb!

Author: kwargalla    Time: 12-1-2007 12:35     Subject: First time watching

I watched Men in Tree's for the first time every today. Ep7 season 2.  And I must say I wasn't impressed.  Sorry for all those out there who watch this show regularly.  I know i'm coming in mid 2nd season and it's only one show I've seen but I didn't connect with any of the characters, didn't find it overly funny.  So i don't think i'll be watching it again.  I did like how they ended the episode! Cliffhangers are fun.  
all and all i tried it and it didn't tickle the taste buds.

i am in the race!
Author: slade01    Time: 12-1-2007 13:10     Subject: I am in the race

I am the same as 'Kwargalla' and watched it for the first time today.  I had planned that if I got some time I would watch this show.  I thought it was OK, took me a while to work out who was who but thats just because it is midway through season 2.  I think I will go back and watch the first couple of episodes of season 1 and decide then if I will continue to watch it.  The characters seemed a good bunch that could be quite funny and quirky.  On the whole not bad but not brilliant.
Author: meljones_83    Time: 12-1-2007 13:12

I too have not really watched this show. I saw the first one and watched this one for the race.
I think it's a show that I could get into but it's not top of my list of shows to watch.
Just on the latest episode, I felt very sorry for Annie, found Marin neurotic and irritating, Jack kind of cute and Patrick a pain (although I see he does have an excuse!)

Like I say, this is based on very little and I hope I got the names right!

I am in the race I would have commented on other characters but can't remember their names!!
Author: ms.smith    Time: 12-1-2007 13:23

I've already posted my thoughts on that epi above, posts 73/74

I am in the race!
Author: yizzal    Time: 12-1-2007 14:20

not really much i can comment on as its not a show i watch , cant say as it was a show that caught my attention either so dont think i will watch again , sorry if this is one of ya favorites just not my taste. only plus points was i guess it ended on a cliffhanger....i guess i'll never know how that one ends either ...lol

i am in the race
Author: nye87    Time: 12-1-2007 15:22

I thought that the last episode was cute but sad. I think that it was cute how that "other woman" turned out to be Jack's mom and I thought that what Ben did for Theresa was cute (with the new car and putting her name on the ice cleaner). I also thought that Jerome and Mary Ellen were cute when they acted like themselves and decided to exchange letters. But, I feel so sorry for Annie. I think that I would be devastated if I were in the same situation. And poor Jack, that storm looked severe and I hope that everyone is okay. I'm in the race.
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 12-1-2007 15:26

i never really got into this show.......sooooooooo

it wasnt a bad eppy to watch, mia was funny....roflmao....kiwi n jerky.... not a good mix if ya ask me...other then that nothing really happened to get me into the show....guess its just not my thing

i'm in the race
Author: cockyone    Time: 12-1-2007 15:58

hi all

this is not a show i watch but have to say i thought the episode was funny , all that suspicion and it turned out to be his mum nice twist....wasnt julia out of that law drama the practice

i am in the race
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 12-1-2007 16:12

yeah, you know a man loves you when he names his zamboni after you!

marin on her regular suspicious track is just annoying.

annie's hair makes her look ten years older and the amnesia plot is still tired.

jerome is the greatest, we're wondering how this letter-writing affair is going to turn out. how do mai and buzz make their relationship work

we like jane but we don't want to see her move to elmo (and really, what were they doing out in the woods? oh brother!)

we're in the race!
Author: penny3760    Time: 12-1-2007 16:15     Subject: I AM IN THE RACE

I have only watched maybe 4 or 5 episodes of this show.  But, I am really getting to like this show.  I feel so sorry for Patrick and Annie. It must be harder on Annie though. Imaging one day you are getting married to this guy and the next day he doesn't even know you. It was funny when Marin found out you Donna was.  I like Mia one minute and the next minute I don't.  She tries to help out  but she always seems to mess up everything.  I can't wait till the next show when we get to see what happens with Jack  and the sinking ship.
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 12-1-2007 21:57

It's great to have some fresh and outside opinions of the show. I hope that those of you that posed an interest, will take the time and watch S1 & 2 and come over and have some fun.
This wasn't the best episode to get you hooked, there is so much unfinished business going on, too much catching up on.
Granny Penny, I too loved the whole Donna turning out to be jack mum, that made me belly laugh so badly!!

Well, I hope to see you here again!!
Thanks for participating!!

Author: gyki98    Time: 12-2-2007 05:08

i dont quite dont like this show

i am in the race
Author: themegababe    Time: 12-3-2007 09:51

Glad to see that you all found interesting things to say, even if it wasn't your type of show (it's not for everyone, i understand).  But I hope you can all continue to watch it and join us in the future.

and Gypsy, I am so excited to see more of Janie as well. I have a feeling she will move to Elmo, as she married Sam.  And I just cannot see him moving to NYC.  

And yeah.  Jack's mom.  That was hilarious. But I kinda felt bad for poor Marin.  How embarrassing was that for her?  I'm excited to see what happens next week!

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-8-2007 16:58

I just got to watch the new episode this afternoon...I fell asleep last night.

What is with all the men coming on to Marin?  I know it's Alaska, and the male to female ratio is high, but it is a small town and everyone knows she's with Jack.  That just seemed odd.  
As for Jack and the chick from the boat...I can't remember her name...what a terrible situation!  To have to cut that guy free to save themselves...a little too heavy for a mainly comedic show.
Patrick was hilarious...hitting on Marin.   He is SO different, as his quiz results showed.  Maybe he and Annie will fall in love again, but I don't think it will be soon.  I don't mind if they keep some of the new aspects of his character (though I LOVE old Patrick), I just wish they'd finish this stupid amnesia storyline.  Enough already!

That's all I've got for now.  Can't wait to hear what the rest of you thought.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0