Board logo

Subject: New site on games console / smart tv [Print This Page]

Author: minkeygirl    Time: 10-29-2016 02:51     Subject: New site on games console / smart tv

Hi - has anyone got the site working on a games console / smart TV browser?  The PS3 was my main way to view - now I just get a "player loading" message.  As I don't own a PC The only way I can view is on my smartphone / iPad which isn't ideal. 

Apologies if this has already been answered.
Thanks 

Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-29-2016 06:55     Subject: Reply 1#1 minkeygirl's post

Not tried a games console but works find on smart TV with one drawback the time-line bar flashes on and off continuously
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-29-2016 13:58     Subject: Reply 1#1 minkeygirl's post

Unfortunately, the new format is not compatible with the PS3. That used to be my way of viewing too. When the movie site changed formats, I started hooking my laptop up to my TV. I now have an Android TV box which works great with the site. Plus, it doesn't have the drawback of the loading bar popping up while viewing. Since you haven't got a PC, you might want to look into some type of streaming device for your TV, if you are dissatisfied with your smart TV browser. I know some members use the Chromecast, and others use Apple TV, but there are a number of other choices (at varying price points) that might work for you. I decided against a smart TV, as it didn't serve my personal needs or work with my budget. I researched numerous devices and the Android box was my best option, but there are less expensive choices. I tend to put things like that on a price watch, so that if the price drops, I get a notification, and can get a better deal. If you're in the US or Canada, November/December tend to be a good time to find deals on electronics.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-30-2016 04:05     Subject: Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

I've got a tablet with an hdmi out on it so tried that connected to the TV and that solved the loading bar problem
Author: minkeygirl    Time: 10-30-2016 04:07

Thanks both for your replies.  It partly works on my smart TV but cannot get full screen button to work, so viewing is not enjoyable.

Just a shame when I paid $100 for a service that I can no longer use without further outlay. Given that I have most of the TVs streaming options (Netflix, Amazon, etc) and never watch movies, the value of the site has been massively reduced by the update.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0