Board logo

Subject: Numb3rs Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-17-2007 13:08     Subject: Numb3rs Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

OK, so no one has started a proper thread yet to chat about the new season.  Here it is.

What did you think of episode 1...and the revelation that Colby was a triple agent?  I knew he wasn't a baddie, but I hadn't guessed that.  I guess I didn't think he was bright enough, but I underestimated him.  It will be interesting to see how his character is accepted by the team.  We now know he's decided to stay, but will they ever fully trust him?

Don is his usual self, but the team now knows of his relationship with Liz.  Should prove for some interesting office dynamics.

Charlie and Amita seem to be doing well, and Charlie's even branching out more in the academic field.

Larry is back, which I love, and it looks as if he and Megan are finished as a couple.  He's such a great character though...I really missed his presence last season.

Last, but not least, is Alan...our favourite dad.  Looks like he's heading back to school.  It's not been mentioned in the show yet, but I wonder if he and Millie are still "hot & heavy".

Please, let me know what you think of the season, so far.  I'm waiting to have someone to talk to about this show besides my Mum.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 12:37 ]
Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-18-2007 07:26

I was upset at the end of last season that Colby was a "bad guy" so finding out he was actually a good guy was a relief.  David, i think, took the blow of Colby's secrecy the hardest becasue they were partners, but I was glad to see that he hung the fishing hook from Colby's father.  Hopefully now they can rebuild their trust and be the team we know and love.

Don is happy and has a steady girlfriend for once, which is good for him.  Hopefully it won't cause too many interoffice problems though.

I really like Charlie and Amida.  Their relationship sure has grown a lot in the past seasons.  I'm glad they finally worked it out and are happy together!

I didn't get the feeling that Larry and Megan were finished as a couple.  I though they looked happy.  She seemed very supportive of his living in a monestary (which i hope is just a phase because i miss prof. fleinheart)

I think its good Alan is going back to school.  He needs something to do cuz if you notice he is ALWAY home lol  Good for him!

I wonder what kind of guest stars will be coming on NUMB3RS this season.  I hear Bill Nye may make another appearance =)
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-18-2007 08:11     Subject: Reply #2 imarielle626's post

The reason I said it looks like Larry and Megan were done as a couple is because when someone, I think it was Alan or Charlie, asked how they were doing, Larry said fine seeing as they were spending all of their time apart.  Prior to that comment I thought they were still fine, though, even if they're not a couple I imagine they will remain friends.  Maybe after what they've both been through in their personal lives, neither of them is in a position to be in a romantic relationship, at the moment.  I also think Larry hinted that he would be leaving the monestary soon.  Didn't he remark that the monks were tiring of him, or something to that effect?

You're right about David.  He seems to have taken Colby's secrecy the hardest and, I imagine, it will be some time before he fully trusts Colby again.  Seeing him return the "woolly bugger" was nice.  It was a step in the right direction.  I think, as you said, it's especially hard for him because they were partners, but also because they were friends.  It will be interesting to see how the writers repair this friendship.

With Alan back in school, maybe we'll see a bit more of him.  I love Judd Hirsch, and don't think they've used his character to the full.  I really liked when he was helping Charlie, last season, with one of the cases he was working on for the FBI.  With him at CalSci now, maybe he'll stick his oar in a little more.  He's also a very smart man.

I'm also waiting to see if something happens with Megan.  I know the actress was out on maternity leave last season, but her character was doing something for the DOJ in Washington, and Megan hasn't been the same since her return.  Hopefully they'll have an episode that addresses the reason for the change in her demeanor.

As for guest stars, I'd love if they brought Lou Diamond Phillips back again.  The storylines with him are always good.  I'd like to see Bill Nye again too.  He does make science fun.

Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-28-2007 06:38

I just watched episode five, and I'm have to say i'm glad Colby ad David are working things out.  They may not be 100% back to their old pair, but they are coming close.

I also like the way Charlie and Amida's relationship is expanding.  I was a little afraid for them after the whole thing about her dad, but I'm glad to see everything work out fine.  It will be interesting to see their dads interact together.

I'm glad Larry is finally leaving the monestary.  he could only spend so much time there.  it also looks like he and Megan are going to pick things up again.  I always like them together so I hope it works out.

The case I though was a little boring and weird.  It was lacking in action, and I don't agree with Don's choice in letting the guy walk away.  He may have been stealing for good causes, but it still was a felony.  But I think the writers wanted to focus more on the drama in this episode than the action.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-28-2007 08:33     Subject: Reply #4 imarielle626's post

I really enjoyed this episode.  It's kind of nice that Colby & David aren't picking up right where they left off.  That wouldn't be realistic considering the circumstances.  But it's great to see them beginning to gel again and to rebuild their friendship.  It also provided some humour, seeing them make "rookie" mistakes by their miscommunications.

I'm delighted that Larry & Megan are still going to be a couple...they're an odd match, but seem a good fit for one another.  I'm also glad that Larry recognizes the need to re-enter the world and that the time for introspection has reached an end.  I'm sure he'll continue to be an introspective character, but I miss his interactions with the outside world.  It will be nice to have that again.  It was also nice to see him helping Alan to fit in with the students by freezing the pumpkin to drop off the building.  Boys will be boys no matter what their age.

I wasn't worried about Charlie & Amita, because I assumed the reason she was hesitant about introducing him to her father was because he wasn't Indian.  I have many Asian friends...especially Indian and Chinese...and I know this can be a big issue for the parents.  I loved her idea of introducing their fathers, and I agree that it will be fun to see the two dads interacting.  I also really like the way their (C & A) relationship is growing.  We might actually see one of he Eppes men tie the knot.  A little estrogen around the house would definitely stir things up in a good way.  And since, by all accounts, Alan and his wife had a great marriage I think that bodes well for Charlie & Amida.  Don, on the other hand, seems to still be searching for something.  He has a great girlfriend, but most of the women he's been involved with seem nice.  I think he needs to understand himself better before he'll be ready to settle down, and I don't know if he would marry another agent, especially a field agent.  He's a worrier and that might be too much stress for him to handle.

I agree that this case wasn't overly interesting and their wasn't much action.  I did like the reappearance of Gary Walker who, if I'm not mistaken, has been promoted to Captain...I'm pretty sure Charlie referred to his rank.  It's nice to see a guy who's a bit like Don and how they deal differently with their subordinates.  As Don said, he still wants to be their friend.  As for Don's (and apparently Gary's) decision to let the guy walk, while his crime is a felony, I understand the reasoning behind the decision.  I don't know how realistic it is, but it's definitely revealing about Don's personality.  Whether or not I agree with that decision, I'm not sure.  Because of that guy they were able to apprehend a dangerous criminal.  I also think that because he, our "Robin Hood", had been an agent factored into their decision.

All in all, it was a great episode.  Sometimes the quieter ones are better.  They reveal more about our main characters which only makes us like them more, or at least understand them better.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 11-11-2007 16:30 ]
Author: panni    Time: 10-31-2007 00:53

i love this show, i have to tell this season isnt as good as the prev were, i fill Charlie is pushing to much now, he is a prof not an agent, before he was just helping out, now he just jumps in  without Don asking him to help... I just fill like the series is a bit of the grand as an investigation should be done by the agent mostly and not everybody at the uni. btw since when everybody got a security pass to know all the info about  every case? as that was very important subject in series 1.
Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-31-2007 01:42     Subject: Reply #6 panni's post

on the security pass, we know charlie has NSA clearance which gives him access to the information to help Don.  As for everyone else, it's a TV show so of course there are some small details that in real life would never happen.  Plus the whole point of the show is showing how the math/science helps the FBI solve crimes (every episode is based on real life cases so the real math was actually done in real life).  Without the help of Amida, Larry, other professors, and even Alan in some cases, Charlie would not have been able to help Don because even his mathematician brain is limited in knowledge.
Author: panni    Time: 10-31-2007 06:13

yeah thats fine like this, ok, but my point was "real life" too if so many ppl know something what they should not on the first place, like they get involved with somebody who has a pass, the information may end up in wrong hand or at the press, why we got some many leaked info everywhere ??? why they r not getting a pass themselves too, that would be simple

i love math, i like to show, but if its based on real things mostly, wouldnt be great if they  put in  a bit of effort to get it more real, like David Krumholtz is a half Hungarian Jew who may be able to cook goulash himself as Charlie can etc..... this series its nearly "real" its so got to watch :)
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-9-2007 15:14     Subject: New episode tonight!

I'm happy that tonight is Friday night and there's a new episode of Numb3rs for me to curl up and watch.  Now that Men In Trees is also on Friday nights...different times here in Canada, Friday has become a great night for television.  Little things like that just make my day!

I'm so happy that there are some other fans of the show around.  Most of my friends have different TV taste than I do, other than my Mum, so it's great to have a place to talk about what's going on in the show, with the characters and all that fun stuff.   Catch you later with some chat about the episode.  

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-9-2007 22:03     Subject: Reply #9 waterlilybarb's post

OK, Primacy aired and it was good!  Did anyone peg Amita as a gamer?  And her avatar was totally quick@$$.  Charlie's book in the top 100?  Would you use math to find a mate?  Interesting in theory, but how would a lay person actually put that into practice?

Don having a lunch "appointment"...with his father! lol  Not the act, just the fact that he told everyone he had an appointment.   I hope he starts listening to some of his father's advice.  Maybe HE needs to read Charlie's book!

All in all, a very enjoyable episode.  I loved that Charlie was so protective of Amita, in a loving, non-controlling way.  And Larry re-entering the real world.  It really makes for good television.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 11-11-2007 16:31 ]
Author: BBmulderscully    Time: 11-10-2007 19:25

I loved Primacy! It's probably one of my favorite episodes ever. I love Amita as a character, she's very well rounded, and multi-dimensional even though she's a secondary character (another reason this is one of my favorite shows). Her whimsical quirk, being a gamer, was another awesome facet to her personality. I also really liked the episode in the 2nd season that focused on her too, the one about the organ harvesting.

Primacy was a good episode because it seemed to take all of the factors into account, and show us the progression of each character. Larry's emergence back into the real world, Alan's burgeoning new life as a student/possibly buying a condo, Charlie's book hitting top 100 and doing interviews, Amita's quirky side-life as a gamer, Don's relationship with Liz, and even Colby's non-dating thing... it really showed the cast as an ensemble, which is how it should be more often, especially on a show with around 10 main characters.

Primacy was also ROFL! there were so many funny moments that balanced out all the angsty crime; like:

Larry: Charles, you look like someone just stole your chalk.

Colby: Does it have anything to do with your deceptive upper body strength?

[ Last edited by  BBmulderscully at 11-11-2007 03:27 ]
Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-11-2007 13:43

I agree i think this episode was one of the best NUMB3RS has done in a long time.  I thought it was well rounded with humor and action.  I love how Amida and Charlie's relationship is evolving into a real serious relationship.  I remember when they were just casually dating.  I see them getting married some time in the future of the show.

Amida was so cute in the episode with her little obsession with the video game.  She actually reminded me a bit of myself because I can get a little obsessive about things I'm into like she was with pirmacy.

When Colby got  swept away in the dam I was so afraid something worse was going to happen to him.  I was so relieved when we saw him hanging on to the bridge.  Thankfully Charlie and his "upper body strength" was there to save him lol.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-17-2007 08:47     Subject: Reply #12 imarielle626's post

Tabu aired last night.  It was a good episode, especially in how it revealed more about Megan's character and the issues she has with her father.  Nice to see that she and Larry are getting closer again...they're a good match.

Don, on the other hand, seems inclined to self-destruct.  While I agree he made the right decision regarding Liz, and for the right reasons, he doesn't seem to know what he wants in a relationship or life in general.  He's really quite a sad character.  I hope they have something good happen to him, even if it's small.  We don't want him becoming pathetic, now, do we?

As for the story, it was interesting, though I guessed early on who was the instigator of the kidnapping.  What I liked best about it, as I said, was that it enabled them to delve more into Megan's character.  All in all, a good episode, but not my favourite.

Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-20-2007 04:34

I agree I'm glad we got to see more into Megan's character.  We know she's been through a lot off the show, but this is the first time they have really given us details.  I'm also glad to see her and Larry starting up their relationship together.  They are sweet together.

I feel bad for Don.  He's not a bad guy, he just has a lot of relationship problems.  In the beginning he and Liz were really good together, but the second a problem came up, they just went down hill because he has too much on his mind always to deal with his personal problems. I'm glad they ended their relationship when and how they did.  If they would have kept it going longer it might have desrupted their profesional relationship.  I just hope sometime in the future of the show we can finally see Don in a happy, healthy relationship.

I thought the scene with Charlie and Amida where she was working on the circuit board was cute.  I love the two of them together!

As for the episode, I thought it was good.  Different from a typical kidnapping.  I also guessed early on that Ella was involved.  I didn't necessarily think she was the instigator, but from the opening scene it was clear that she knew about the "kidnapping" before hand.
Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-24-2007 13:56

aww the quote that Don gave the magazine about Charlie was so sweet!

Now for the episode.  I thought it was good.  Funnier than most actually.  At times I found myself laughing out loud which you don't find often in Action-Adventure shows.  I actually thought the scene in the retirement home was hilarious.  Watching all of the elderly running out of the way of a squad team with loaded guns.  The naked guy scene was also funny and Seth's comment to Amita and her comment back to Charlie (I dont remember the exact lines).

It was nice to see Christopher Lloyd (from the Back to the Future triolgy), although I have to say he has not aged all that well.  I almost didn't recognize him!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-25-2007 18:11     Subject: Reply 15#15 imarielle626's post

I loved Don's quote too.  

I got a kick out of the comic book nerdiness.  To find out that David is a comic book guy was surprising.  Alan and Larry weren't as big a surprise.

The guy doing the interviews had me suspicious of him for a while.  I was so glad to hear the responses of Charlie's friends and family...and then to hear Don's quote when they read the proof was really nice.

As for Christopher Lloyd, I loved the comment Alan made, something like, "I can't picture you as a hippie."  When they were on Taxi together, Lloyd played a hippie...so it was a neat little reference for fans.  As for him not aging well, he hasn't done too badly.  He just looks like an older version of himself.

Author: imarielle626    Time: 12-17-2007 03:40     Subject: Episode 10-Chinese Box

Poor Charlie, getting his Chinese Box idea getting shot down by Don.  It shows just how much Charlie values his older brother's opinion.

As far as the episode goes, I found it a bit boring.  I think it would have been better if Ben actually wasn't being followed, but in fact was just crazy and paranoid.  I also found it a bit predictable.  The thing I always loved about the show is that even though the outcome may be predictable at times, the road to get there is always a journey because of one of Charlie's crazy ideas.  In this episode Don did it his own way instead of using one of Charlie's ideas that sounded so out there it probably would have worked better.

I did however love the scene where Charlie was arguing with himself about always being right and how he failed: failed to express his thoughts in words.  I sometimes feel the same way, where I have an idea or something to say, but when I try to formulate the thought into words it either doesn't come out, or doesn't make sense in the way I mean for it to.

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 12-17-2007 11:52 ]
Author: nye87    Time: 12-23-2007 16:33

I thought that it was so sad how Ben had been conspired against by his boss for personal gain. I mean, it was bad enough that he lost his son; but then for them to make him believe that he was insane. All he wanted was for someone to listen to him. I'm glad that David was able to be there for him and I'm also glad that Ben will not be serving time. I did feel really sorry for Charlie in this episode because his brother kept ignoring his theory. I think that this was a good episode and it made us all value our privacy that much more. But hey, who knows? We could be getting watched as well and just not know about it. lol!
Author: imarielle626    Time: 1-14-2008 08:06     Subject: Episode 11 discussion

I loved the brotherly love in this episode.  A nice change from the last episode.  It is not often we see Don protecting Charlie, usually it is Charlie worrying about Don.  But I do think Don could have handled the situation a bit better.  Just because Charlie was attacked does not mean taking him off the case and all other FBI cases will make everything better.  Charlie loves working for his big brother.  Sometimes Don really needs to get a clue.  He gets so into his work he forgets about everyone else.  Probably why none of his relationships last!

And just to put this out there:  If Amida and Charlie are living together now, how come we are never given any evidence of the fact she actually moved in?  It just seems a bit weird to me.  Also the fact that in my mind they are engaged and I keep on having to remind myself he has not popped the question yet!  I'm a little ambitious

Overall this wasn't the best episode Numb3rs has ever put on, but hopefully after the strike this will turn around.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-16-2008 12:49     Subject: Reply 19#19 imarielle626's post

Re: Charlie & Amita's living situation, I don't think she's actually moved in yet.  If she has, you're right, there's no sign of her in the house.

I really enjoyed both of the last 2 episodes.  Chinese Box was interesting to see Charlie's frustration at his inability to make his ideas understood.  This is so often the case, especially with those whose genius lies in mathematics or science.  Their gift is not with words, and their ideas are so complex it's hard for those who don't "speak their language" to grasp.  I liked how it showed that even when someone has proven themselves in the past, if they can't make their ideas understood people won't respond.  That's unfortunate, since I think past performance should play a large part in people's ability to trust someone.

As for the new episode, I, too, liked the examination of the brother dynamic...and especially the feeling an older brother has to protect his younger sibling.  I understand your frustration with Don, Arielle.  He should recognize Charlie is a grown man, able to decide for himself what is and isn't an acceptable risk, but it's not always easy to change how you see a younger sibling, especially one you've had the role of protecting.

Author: imarielle626    Time: 1-19-2008 06:00     Subject: Episode 12-Power

So this episode just confirmed my suspicions about Charlie and Amida's living situations.  I guess when Charlie asked Amida to move in it was an open ended question with no actual time set in mind.

As for the rape cases, it is hard to believe that someone you think you can trust (a cop, or any law enforcement officer for that matter) can actually be the person you should trust the least.  Since every case in the shows is based on actual FBI cases, something like this must have happened.  I guess it teaches you to always have your guard up, even for an officer of the law!

I felt bad for Megan.  She obviously had a really hard time dealing with the case because of her old college roommate.  It seems that they always throw the emotional stuff in her direction.  It was nice to see Larry "come to the rescue" when she called him.  It was also nice to see Colby in that police uniform

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-19-2008 10:21     Subject: Reply 21#21 imarielle626's post

I watched it last night, and it was a tough one.  What an awful scenario.  Like you said, it's important to always have your guard up...too bad.

Charlie & Amita are funny.  He's still running game theory to see if their living together, with Alan in the house, is a good idea, and it seems like she feels he's not quite ready for it.  I'm not sure if she means them living together, or having his Dad move out.  I really like how supportive they are of one another in both their personal and professional life.  He is so pleased for her and proud that Larry would ask her to collaborate on his project, and she worried that he would be hurt for not being asked.  Very sweet!

As for the actual case, I felt bad for Megan.  It must be tough to be a woman in that kind of job because, in general, we are more emotional creatures.  That case hit a little close to home for her, but it was nice to see her lean on Larry...and have the courage to ask for help in the first place.  Not always easy to do, especially for someone with that type of job.

The end was funny, with Alan waking Don up on his day to sleep in.  I think he's going to get his own place soon.  Last week, he was upset that Charlie was making improvements to the house, and now it seems he feels like there isn't enough space for the 2 of them.  I think it would be good for both of them.  Charlie would grow up a bit more, and Alan would have more of his own life.  He's already gone back to school.  I think he's ready for a change, and you KNOW Don won't let him move in with him.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-26-2008 19:54     Subject: 4x15 - End Game

I just got to watch this week's episode - thankfully I taped it, so it was easier on my eyes. It was another good one!

I'm too tired to talk about it now, but really liked the song that ended the show. Here it is, in case anyone else liked it too:

The song is Rise by Will Dailey.

Author: kwargalla    Time: 5-10-2008 06:53     Subject: episode 4x17

This was an amazing episode - we finally got to meet Amedia's parents    and OGM they tried to set her up at the same dinner as meeting Charlie.  i felt sooooo bad for him, and she didn't even notice    
I'm so sad about megan - i can already tell their getting ready for her to leave the show    i wonder who they will get to replace her on the team?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-16-2008 19:42     Subject: Reply 24#24 kwargalla's post

I felt so bad for Charlie too when Amita's parents invited that other guy to dinner.  It was amusing that Amita didn't give it a second thought because she knew the guy was gay - but no one else did.   I liked how Alan told Charlie that now that Amita's parents have met and approved of Charlie, he'll have to marry her.  Charlie looked like a deer in the headlights.

As for Megan, Diane Farr is pregnant with twins, and she just had a baby about a year or so ago, so I'm not that surprised that she's leaving.  I'm bummed too.  I think they'll have to bring in someone else,as she fills a unique role on the team.

Episode 4x18 -  When Worlds Collide  

I just watched the season finale and WOW!  I did not expect things to go down like they did.

As has been speculated, Megan resigned.  But Larry implied that their relationship would not be over, so we may see her now & then next season.

I'm really intrigued about how next season will go since the way this episode ended left things very much up in the air.  Don and Charlie's relationship will no doubt have a different dynamic - hopefully in a good way.  I also hope that Don & Robin will stay together and have their relationship fleshed out a bit next season.  He seems ready for it now, and it would be nice for him to have more of a life outside of work.

Author: kwargalla    Time: 5-17-2008 07:49     Subject: Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

Barb i totally agree with you - i was not thinking the episode would end like that, let alone the season.  I almost had to double check that the show had been picked up for another season.  I wonder how Charlie will get his clearance back?!?!? cause larry was right he won't ever be able to do all his work for the college let alone work for the FBI.  I can see it will take a bit for Don to understand why charlie did it but hopefully he'll get over it quick enough.  

This episode was the first time i really noticed the hiding of the belly.  twins - congrads to Diane but i'm really gonna miss Megan's character.  for some reason i think there must have been something going on between Rob Morrow and Diane Farr cause over the last couple episodes we really haven't seen them together. and he didn't even have a goodvye seen with her.  i found this very odd.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-17-2008 08:30     Subject: Reply 26#26 kwargalla's post

I noticed the belly last week and googled Diane Farr.  I don't think there's a problem between the actors, I just think with all that was happening in the story there wasn't room for a goodbye between them.  Plus, we know how bad Don (the character) is with big changes like that, so it's possible they'll tie some of that into next season.

I'm figuring it won't take to long next season for Charlie to get his clearance back, unless they hire Amita to take his place.  There are some things that only he can do, so maybe the FBI will need his expertise so much they'll give him clearance again - maybe not as high as before, but enough for him to carry on his work.  If not, maybe we'll see him and Amita planning their wedding - though, for that show, that would be pretty boring (as much as I love a happy couple).

Author: slade01    Time: 5-17-2008 08:34     Subject: Reply 26#26 kwargalla's post

I think that in the first ep of the new season we will see Don struggling without Charlie.  We have a side story of Charlie defending himself, maybe it will take the episode for Don to change his opinion and come to help Charlie clear his name, clearing Charlie's collegue at the same time.  
It seemed that the show almost planned for it not to be renewed (which I am glad it has been) and had an ending that wouldn't dissappoint its fans.
Author: imarielle626    Time: 6-14-2008 09:49

Wow just watched the season finale...can't believe it!  It was sad to see Megan go.  I always did love her character.  It was nice to have the female dynamic in a group full of men.  I do hope we will see her again from time to time as her and Larry seem to be staying together.

I admire Charlie for what he did.  After all he did what he believed was the right thing to do knowing the consequences.  I am curious to see how next season will play out without his ability to consult with the FBI.  The show wouldn't be the same without Charlie's mathematics helping out the FBI.  I do hope he is given his security clearance back soon.  Although from my understanding, it isn't Don and the FBI that gave him the clearance to begin with, it was the NSA so it will not be easy to get back.  Don and Charlie's relationship had been growing so well over the last few seasons, I hope they can reconcile and go back to working so well together!

I'm excited to see more of Charlie and Amita.  I've been saying this for a long time now...I smell a wedding coming on =)  I wonder how the proposal will go down

I'm glad they have renewed the show for a fifth season it would not be good to have been left with an ending like this!
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2008 07:24     Subject: Full season discussion

This season has been very interesting, I'm glad Corby wasn't a bad guy i had faith he would be alright but i'm glad to see how it all worked out, i was disappointed there were only 18 episodes but i like Larry back from NASA i really like him.

Don girlfriends seem to be a juggling act i mean two this season way he moved from each other is interesting and it seem Epps family doesn't much luck with love, i was hoping Charlie might propose to Amina but still no luck..  

i love the episode with Charlie taking some practice FBI training love it with shooting gallery where he got the highest score.

After a while the violence does get to you , some of episodes were good but they were some boring episodes. While i was happy about change toward this in season 3 but in Season 4 they pushed it up by putting Charlie in direct danger .

Where can they go in season 5?   

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-4-2008 08:14     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

Well, Charlie has had  his security clearance revoked, which not only affects his work with the FBI but much of what he works on, since he was also a consultant for the NSA.  

As for Charlie & Amita, they are getting closer all the time.  Maybe this change in his work life will give them an opportunity to grow closer.  Either that, or they'll realize Charlie identifies himself too much by his job and it will cause problems.  

Megan has left the show, so I imagine we'll have someone new next season.

Also, 18 episodes was pretty good,considering there was the writer's strike.

Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2008 08:18     Subject: Reply 31#31 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks i just finished it and i have say i didn't see end coming but one confusion he was arrested but was let go?.

i have to respect his belief i just think by next episode it will go back normal just look what corby last season than within 1 episodes the whole situation got sorted out. the same thing is going happen .
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-4-2008 08:48     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

There's a difference though.  Colby was working undercover as a triple agent, which is why he go his job back.

Charlie, on the other hand, acted out of conscience, but what he did was illegal.  I don't think they'll be able to explain it away in one episode.  I do think Charlie will eventually get some of his security clearance back, but to get the level he had before in a short time wouldn't be realistic.  And even though it is a TV show, they do strive to keep the scenarios as realistic as possible.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Author: imarielle626    Time: 7-4-2008 09:27

I have this feeling season 5 might be the last for Numb3rs, though no media has confirmed this feeling yet.  Just with losing Megan there is going to be a complete dynamic change on the show.  Also now that Charlie no longer has NSA clearance the point of the show is gone because he can no longer consult for Don.  

Predictions for season 5:  Charlie will propose to Amita...if he doesn't I will be angry because i've been looking forward to that for a while.  Charlie will get his NSA clearance back..if he doesn't the show if done!
Author: bala    Time: 7-4-2008 09:31     Subject: Reply 34#34 imarielle626's post

The show could go on with another maths guy ?

but your right this could end of the series
Author: bala    Time: 10-5-2008 06:03     Subject: Numb3rs - Season 5 General Discussion (Spoilers)

What an action=pack episode still need Charlie help to help don., don really needs to think before acting putting himself in danger he going get himself killed one day. i liked how they are using Charlie team to help they really becoming like a good team. team within a team they really stand out.  

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 12:31 ]
Author: bala    Time: 10-5-2008 06:15     Subject: Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

i don't remember last year one?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-5-2008 21:13     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

Last season opened with with Colby being revealed as a triple agent.  It was a very good episode.

As for the new season, I'm glad they aren't lingering with regards to Charlie getting his security clearance back.  I loved how Larry got him to figure out where to find Don without letting him know he was doing it.   I do miss Megan, but understand why the actress chose to leave.  I hope the new addition (Nicky, I think?) proves to be an interesting character.  I'm just happy it's back because I did miss that show, especially since I'm currently unable to watch anything on the site it's nice to have some of the shows I love back on TV.

Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2008 07:09     Subject: Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

you got a lot of show to catch up on
Author: carlorica    Time: 10-6-2008 08:21

Yeah and this season has started of Great!!.

I am also glad that the brothers have made up and want to work together again.
Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-7-2008 06:35

I'm glad Charlie is going to try and get his clearance back.  I felt bad for him when they came to ask Larry and Amita for help and had to kick Charlie out of the room.  It's not the same without him and Don working together.  It was really sweet in the end when Don told Charlie he wanted him to get it back because they needed him.  I love Larry!  He was too funny getting Charlie to help without him knowing by making him jealous of that other professor.

I don't really know how I feel about the new girl yet.  She's definitely no Megan but so far she seems like a good addition to the cast.
Author: carlorica    Time: 10-8-2008 03:25

I have to agree I really like Meg also but the new girl is ok. Will have to see how that turns out
Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2008 03:48     Subject: Reply 9#9 carlorica's post

i personally don't like the actress but there nothing i can do about it
Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2008 08:44     Subject: Reply 11#11 spratt89's post

yep she was and i didn't like her
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-11-2008 22:51     Subject: 5x02 - The Decoy Effect

What I liked most about this episode is how it looks like things are being set in motion to cause some major changes for Don.  The character played by Keith Carradine, the guy Charlie has to go through to get his clearance back, really seems more concerned with getting Don out of the high profile area of the Bureau than he is with Charlie's case - though they are intertwined.  I think it will prove to be an interesting multi-episode arc.

The actual storyline in this episode didn't do a whole lot for me, though it did give us a little more insight into Nicky's personality and what kind of agent she is.  I loved how David & Colby kept calling her the "new guy".

I also liked how Amita double-checked with Charlie about her involvement with the case to make sure he was OK with it.  I think it showed how committed they are to one another and their relationship, as well as a mutual respect.  Situations like that are never easy in a relationship, but even less so when the awkwardness is ignored.

Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 05:03     Subject: Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

it was good episode and i think your right there going changes i suspect Don going forced re-tire or take another position i think that guy who interview Charlie might take over Don's job-just a feeling. it nice to see Charlie relationship with Amita more interesting at the end-there were married couple in the bed.
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 05:24     Subject: Reply 16#16 spratt89's post

isn't great that we can predict story-line even before that happen
Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-16-2008 18:36

Did I hear that right...David was stationed in Tel Aviv???

anyway i thought it was an interesting episode.  I was surprised to see Don get so angry though.  It seemed a little out of place there, but maybe with Charlie's situation the writer's felt the change in Don's character would start to come out at work.  I too see some alterior motives to the interviewer guy.  He does seem like he wants to take Don down more than Charlie!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-17-2008 21:49     Subject: 5x03 - Blowback

Awesome episode!  Charlie & Don are such good brothers, and Alan does a pretty good job at the whole "Dad" thing.  That McGowan is a total butt, but I think everyone did well.  

BTW, WHAT was Colby thinking?!

Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-18-2008 12:30

Charlie and Don are great brothers!  What Don said about Charlie was  really sweet!  I didn't really like the case in this episdoe very much, but it was a good character episode.  I'm glad Don spoke up and told Robin he didn't want her to go.  Relationships never were Don's strong suit, but he is coming along.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-18-2008 20:49     Subject: Reply 20#20 imarielle626's post

I totally agree about Don telling Robin.  I have a feeling he took to heart what his Dad said.   Definitely a better character episode than case.
Author: bala    Time: 10-19-2008 01:52

BTW, WHAT was Colby thinking?!

i know i can't believe it , he should know better but faking a death that going bite him the ass in a future episode

The case is interesting but i agree Don & Charlie are great brother
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-25-2008 16:36     Subject: Reply 23#23 spratt89's post

I agree.  This was an interesting case, and I enjoyed Henry Winkler in the role.  The ending was definitely a surprise, but I'm glad McGowan finally saw that Don was not trying to overstep the line, but rather just wanted the line to stop moving.  I'm glad Charlie got his clearance back so early in the season because drawing that storyline out too long would have been a bit momotonous, though I will say, I did enjoy Larry's analogy - it was an interesting and different perspective than Charlie's.
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2008 02:46     Subject: Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

i just wish someone would give Henry Winkler a show-he's very famous and surprised why he been out limelight
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-26-2008 21:12     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

I know for a long time after "Happy Days" he mainly worked behind the camera, directing.  He's a very good actor and I always enjoy seeing him do guest spots - he's very versatile.  He's also usually in Adam Sandler movies.
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2008 05:40     Subject: Episode 5

Wow this was great episode that guy was brillant i mean i love how this episode kept my attention usually i get bored half way through but this great action-packed episode, that guy was talented with barcodes
Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-2-2008 20:46     Subject: Reply 29#29 spratt89's post

I agree a great episode for Numb3rs! I thought the autism aspect of it was really interesting and how David handled him was really sweet.  I love it when we get to see more from the agents then just their everyday job.

I did not however like that Alan was hinting at the fact that Charlie and Amita might not be together sometime in the future!  How could he do that?  I predicted so long ago that they are going to get engaged sometime this season and I really hope it happens!  They have been showing them being a bit more intimate with each other lately than in the past.  Like they greet each other with a kiss more often and when charlie, alan, and amita were walking through the university, charlie had his arm around amita.  I don't know i guess i pick out these little things cuz i'm just waiting for the proposal lol
Author: bala    Time: 11-3-2008 09:02     Subject: Reply 30#30 imarielle626's post

Well i think he know Charlie better than any of us?
Author: bala    Time: 11-8-2008 23:44     Subject: Reply 32#32 spratt89's post

it's really up to Alan whether his kids are or not
Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-10-2008 22:17     Subject: Reply 32#32 spratt89's post

Great episode!!!  I don't know why but I've always had this interest in magic ever since i was little...I like knowing how it works more than the actual magic so this episode really caught my interests!  I've also met Penn before so seeing him on tv was cool!  His show in Vegas is really good too!

Back to the episode.  I loved the plot of David getting set up!  It was intriguing.  Why can't all the episodes be as intriguing as this one was?

Don's religious revelation is interesting too.  It shows us a softer side to him we don't see often with all the FBI and crime stuff going on with him.
Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2008 07:20     Subject: Numb3rs 5x08

Wow this very emotional episode-it sad to watch that man was tired and cause the accident however it boss who lied about the weight that caused the problem , David was a really mess try to save that child. this was best tense episode of the season

[ Last edited by bala at 11-22-2008 15:32 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-22-2008 10:26     Subject: Reply 37#37 spratt89's post

Good episode.  I felt so bad for the switch operator who was so tired.  I was glad it didn't turn out to be his fault - though it goes to show that cutting staff in jobs like that certainly doesn't pay in the long run.

Charlie's bots were interesting, but I found David the most compelling character in this episode.  I'm still not really liking the new girl very much.  I did like when Don told her to listen more & talk less, and not to speak for him - when she was basically racially profiling one of the train engineers who died.

I still have to go back and watch last week's episode though - I saw a little of it, but was out of town.

Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-24-2008 17:13     Subject: Reply 38#38 waterlilybarb's post

I agree David was very interesting in this episode.  I wonder what is is about his character that made this such an emotional case for him.  We don't really know much about David's past except that he spent some time working in Tel Aviv .  It'd be nice to maybe get a little bit of backround on his character since we know so much more about Kolby's.

And I don't like the new girl either!  I miss Megan!  She added a dynamic to team that was really helpful especially in the emotional cases like this one.  She was a great agent, but also contributed the female dynamic this new girl just doesn't!
Author: bala    Time: 12-20-2008 00:46     Subject: Numb3rs 5x10

It been ages since i saw a new episode and this was great episode two maths greek for price of 1 . i love the action-packed episode
Author: bala    Time: 1-11-2009 06:06     Subject: Numb3rs 5x11

Good episode i love how this episode related crystal case
Author: bala    Time: 1-18-2009 07:59     Subject: Numb3rs 5x12

Another great episode this season has been so good i love the fact criminal are smart change the bus i didn't see coming .
Author: imarielle626    Time: 1-19-2009 16:44     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Wow what an awesome episode!  That whole twist with the perps misleading them and only pretending to kill the cop was so unexpected!  It's rare that a show takes me completely by surprise like that!
Author: bala    Time: 1-25-2009 04:44     Subject: Numb3rs 5x13

This was great episode ghost bride are very disturbing tradition having missing people as a shopping list is rather disturbing
Author: imarielle626    Time: 1-25-2009 19:39     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

I agree it is disturbing!  It's sad to think those girls have no choice in the matter.  It is just tradition and they have to follow it.

I also think the whole debate about the psychic is interesting.  I mean I don't know if I can really believe that people can predict the future the way tv and movie portray it, but have you ever had a dream that ended up coming true?
Author: bala    Time: 2-7-2009 08:03     Subject: Numb3rs 5x14

Now some people i will never understand putting trainers /sneakers into a voice-active safe sounds crazy but i love ending owners son took them starting playing in the garden . That was just so priceless
Author: bala    Time: 2-28-2009 04:20     Subject: Numb3rs 5x16

great action-packed episode I'm glad we got see her in action.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-28-2009 12:24     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

I agree.  It was nice to see Liz finally have a bigger part.  I figured David would get the promotion, but I was curious during this episode if he would accept it because of the problems during the case.

What do you think of the guy she was partnered with?  I liked him, but drug addiction is nothing to play with.  If he's able to really get clean, I wonder if they'll get together.

Also, I found Alan & Amita's conversation interesting.  I wonder what's holding Charlie back from proposing?

Author: bala    Time: 2-28-2009 12:29     Subject: Reply 37#37 waterlilybarb's post

i think Charlie is scared

i don't think we are going see that guy again so i wouldn't worry about it.

it's going interesting to see David in charge when don not available
Author: bala    Time: 3-7-2009 07:09     Subject: Numb3rs 5x17

Interesting episode AI didn't kill him. why wasn't override system in place manually prevent the shut down work. That should in place safety when working with machines.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-7-2009 15:11 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-7-2009 13:10     Subject: Reply 39#39 bala's post

I imagine a skilled hacker could bypass or turn off such safety protocols, though I was surprised too.  Come to think of it, the one who was in charge of the whole project hired the hacker, and the wife of the guy who was killed was very skilled in AI technology.

Good episode.  I liked that the computer kicked Charlie out and liked Amita.

Also - Alan is now the basketball coach.  I like when they don't forget the smaller storylines that are interweaved throughout the season.  Watching Amita make the basket with the "granny shot" was funny.

Another thing - the woman in charge of the project and Larry?  I SO can't imagine them as a couple, though according to Larry, they never really were.

Author: 01torres    Time: 3-7-2009 16:43

I am glad that Larry & Don united to keep Charlie from from joining the DoD (However did Charlie really ask them to give the message to the DoD or have L&D done this behind his back).
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-7-2009 17:23     Subject: Reply 41#41 01torres's post

I was initially wondering that too.  I doubt they would do it behind his back though.  They're both protective of Charlie, but I think they know he's man enough to speak for himself - so I figure Charlie didn't want to deal with that woman anymore, and asked them to relay the message.
Author: bala    Time: 3-14-2009 09:48     Subject: Numb3rs 5x18

Good episode i figured covering for his son
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-14-2009 16:11     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

It was a good episode.  It sure was a different side of Larry.   I figured it out too - but was glad that he didn't get off on a technicality since he had killed 64 other people.  
Author: bala    Time: 4-11-2009 03:44     Subject: Numb3rs 5x19

Those eco terrorist went a little too far
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2009 12:33     Subject: 100th Episode Celebration

Author: bala    Time: 5-2-2009 02:56

i wonder how many serial killer are out there that haven't been caught?
Author: writemako    Time: 5-2-2009 07:50

This episode was great but at the same time interesting to me because, the serial killer played by Brian Howe in this episode was also a serial killer on the drama "Killer Instinct" and played the role of  serial killer called Marty in that tv series. I guess when you play the role of a serial killer once really well your name gets pulled up for it again and again.
Author: magic4u    Time: 5-2-2009 13:57     Subject: Reply 48#48 writemako's post

or if the face fits hehe
Author: bala    Time: 5-9-2009 04:13     Subject: Numb3rs 5x22

Wow I'm a bit shocked at the ending to this episode just when you think everything is ok last 5 seconds really got me
Author: magic4u    Time: 5-9-2009 05:06     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

thing is who is it aimed at ??
charlie was there so another motive beckons eh
Author: bala    Time: 5-9-2009 05:13     Subject: Reply 51#51 magic4u's post

i guess we find out why next week i was worried that this was the season cliff-hanger but i checked the episode guide found there 1 more episode. I'm guessing it was aimed at Charlie but we need remember that Amina has excellent computer skills that could another reason why she was kidnapped. The kidnappers won't her for that.
Author: magic4u    Time: 5-9-2009 06:04     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

if it was aimed at charlie why didnt they take charlie ??
Author: bala    Time: 5-9-2009 06:07     Subject: Reply 53#53 magic4u's post

Leverage i suppose having her makes Charlie do whatever they want.
Author: bala    Time: 5-16-2009 02:51

Quote:
Originally posted by magic4u at 5-9-2009 13:06  
thing is who is it aimed at ??
charlie was there so another motive beckons eh
guess we were wrong it crazy man who need amita skill as computer hacker
Author: imarielle626    Time: 5-26-2009 17:28

I'd just like to point out that I totally predicted the ending of the season with the proposal...okay so I was a season off, but still.  I posted on here in November of 2007 that the season was going to end with Charlie proposing and while last season didn't this season did!  I'm so happy for them!  I've been waiting for that for a long time!

Oh and that hacker episode was crazy good!  I loved the little clues Amita gave to Charlie.  I think that is the best Numb3rs episode this season! (maybe even ever!)
Author: kellemanske    Time: 6-23-2009 13:09     Subject: Reply 56#56 imarielle626's post

I agree with you. I love this epi but the answer of Amita can go either way. If she says Yes, it isn't a real cliffhanger cause that's what everyone expects. If they want to do something unexpected they make her say no and have some good reasons for that. However that might be strange seeing the conversation she had with Alan a few epis back.

I hope she says yes and I can't wait to see that epi
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-25-2009 14:52     Subject: Numb3rs - Season 6 General Discussion (Spoilers)

loving this show [ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 12:32 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-25-2009 17:12     Subject: 6x01 - Hangman

Just a reminder people - the new season of Numb3rs begins tonight.  Discussion can begin after viewing.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-25-2009 19:58

OK, I just finished watching the season premiere, and it did NOT disappoint.  Interesting story, more insight into our beloved characters and obviously much more to learn about them this season.

Enjoy (and don't forget to share your thoughts).

Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2009 05:22     Subject: Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

It was a good season opener i mean shooting at FBI one thing catch them off guard 3 times and he had them at cross-fire.   .

it does look like Charlie and Animita are trying to avoid each other
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-26-2009 09:34     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

Did you see the end of the episode?  There's a reason Charlie & Amita were avoiding each other.
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2009 10:25     Subject: Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

yes i know i watch as i was type that but I'm glad it's finally over they can get married.
Author: bala    Time: 10-4-2009 02:44     Subject: Friendly fire

it always  surprise me  why older , more experience agent always do something ruin their reputation
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-4-2009 08:40     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

It is surprising, but I imagine some (probably the minority) who have been on the job for a long time get cynical and start to think they are owed something more than just their pay.

It was a good episode.  I'm bummed that Larry is leaving.  He's probably my favourite character on the show, and I love the dynamic between him and the others, especially Charlie.  

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0