Board logo

Subject: Stargate Atlantis Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-15-2007 08:08     Subject: Stargate Atlantis Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Please Discuss Seasons 1-3 here.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:21 ]
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 11-27-2007 10:54

i wasnt to sure how the spin off would be but woooow.....completely lived up to it

i love the fact that they start off strong and keep going.....we start off underwater...can anyone say omg...lol...then you start losing power to the sheilds, shepperd brings more people in, then up we go to the surface...our new enemy the wraith dang they are ulgy,strong, and mean.....nothing new there...lol...the season ends with wraith hive ships coming to kill everyone....yeah strong all the way....the city is awesome to check out.. atlantis was one of my favorite stories...and now there is a show thats based in the city its a nice spin on it...i love how sheppard was picked to be on the team...jack says i thought i told you not to touch anything, shepperd but i just sat down...lmao...i dont like the fact that the millary believes the old shoot up style would work on the wraith tho....the
Daedalus is nothing to sneeze at but the hive ship is the size of a mountain, come on now...lol i'm sure i'll edit this again cause i'll remember something else

i'm in the race

[ Last edited by mamaeyeore at 11-27-2007 20:05 ]
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-27-2007 12:03     Subject: Reply 2#2 mamaeyeore's post

I think that this first season of Atlantis was great, I liked it even more than sg-1, I have to say, and I never thought I would! You are so right about the strong start and it manages to keep that going, which doesn't always happen with this kind of show.
I think one of the reasons I like Atlantis so much is the characterisation and the acting.
You have the amusing McKay who always seems kind of awkward but lovable at the same time
Sheppard who is very strong, capable and pretty hot too!
Weir - I sometimes find she can be a little harsh but I think she has to be because of her responsibility - who I think is a good leader who does what she has to but has the best interests of everyone in mind
Teyla who I would love to have as a friend due to her empathy and good nature
Plus all the other characters that make the show what it is!

(I'm in the race!)

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 11-27-2007 20:05 ]
Author: sddvasquez    Time: 11-27-2007 12:56

we would have liked to have seen the rites that would only "last a few moments" and yet prepare teyla for death. we also want to know more of these athosians. how long ago was their fall from technology? it interests us that although "they still retain some advanced technology" (stargate atlantis wiki) they are not embracing that avenue as the only sure means to combat the wraith -- at least the wraith think that advanced technology could destroy them or else they wouldn't bother wiping out the civilizations that had it.

we will always be amazed that all those stargate teams always manage to make it through the gate just in the nick of time!

and a look forward, we know that mitch pileggi is coming up next season. loved him in x-files!
we're in the race!

[ Last edited by sddvasquez at 11-27-2007 21:26 ]
Author: yizzal    Time: 11-27-2007 13:21

cant really comment much only watched episode 4 for the quiz but cant say as its something i can see me gettin addicted to, prefer crime dramas myself

i am in the race
Author: cockyone    Time: 11-27-2007 13:33

sci fi not really my sorta thing but the episode i watched ( 4 ) seemed to have plenty of drama and tension , maybe its something i would watch occasionally but cant see myself watchin a whole couple of seasons

i am in the race
Author: kwargalla    Time: 11-27-2007 14:27     Subject: Dija vue

Season 1 Episode 4 - This is the first time I have ever watched Stargate Atlantis and boy did it ever remind me of STNG with a dash of the orginal Star Treck. There were so many parallels I recognized as well as the little joke thrown in there just in case you were paying attension! (Klongon sutle)

I'll start a list and if anyone else noticed the simularities add what you noticed as well.
1. Charater with strong accent (DR. vs. Scotty)
2. bug like alien (STNG's version actually took over the human)
3. being trapped in a shuttle craft
All in all not a bad show, I'll have to watch another episode or 2 to make my final discision

I am in the race!
Author: dem479    Time: 11-27-2007 18:34

Now I've watched an episode from Stargate Atlantis and SG-1. I really don't think I can get into either of them, but I am going to try. It doesn't hurt I did like Atlantis better.

I am in the Race!
Author: Myaers    Time: 11-27-2007 22:01

i'll be honest...i wouldn't have started watching this show...but its pretty interesting....now if there weren't so many seasons i'd get into it...but i dunnoooo
but i'll definitely consider it for when my finals are over

i am in the race!
Author: slade01    Time: 11-28-2007 01:49

I just couldn't get into this show, by the time the spin off began i had gone off Stargate so I wasn't that interested in watching it, sorry to all you devoted fans.

I am in the race
Author: luimni    Time: 11-28-2007 02:14

When i first heard of the SG1 spin off, I wasnt too excited about it as usually spin offs arent as good as the original. They had big shoes to fill and i didnt buy into it.intially I occasionally watch it to be honest but dont follow it...
Saying that, it is good and has gotten better as time went on.
It drew too many parallels with SG1 and looked like it was trying to force the SG1 formula onto the viewer, the Sheppard/O'Neil, Rodney/Sam & especially Tayla/Teal'c comparisons. which looked to be trying too hard.
But it has definatly found its own way and carved out its own niche and is nearly on a par with SG1 but season 1 didnt quite do it for me. Good storylines but felt it was tring too hard to capture SG fans.

I know its a more season 1 discussion but characters like Ronan and Sam have really given the show more life.
Its adhow i will keep an eye on...

I am in the race...

[ Last edited by luimni at 11-28-2007 10:16 ]
Author: bms102581    Time: 11-28-2007 02:28

I've actually only seen epsisode.  It was interesting how they bring together action and sci-fi.  I also liked the way they told the story, bringing in the history as it related to the current issues.

I am in the race.
Author: nye87    Time: 11-28-2007 07:33

I've only seen 4 episodes of Stargate Atlantis and about 10 of Stargate SG-1. I had never really heard of the shows before (probably because I was 10 in 1997). But, I'm glad that I got introduced to them. I think that the concept of traveling the galaxy as we travel the Earth is very interesting and I love to see what mysteries await us next...the different languages, customs, fears...its all so great. Each episode is so different and I really enjoy them!
I am in the race
Author: penny3760    Time: 11-28-2007 09:26     Subject: I AM IN THE RACE

I have only watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.  I also read some episodes. I really couldn't get into watching any more episodes. I think with these type of shows, you need to start watching right from the beginning to get a idea of what's really going on in the storyline.
Author: ms.smith    Time: 11-28-2007 12:01     Subject: ep104

I am in the race, that's how come I watched 104.

So they got the bug off and then shot it. It got killed that way.
Couldn't they have shot it while it was attached to the guy? I mean, that sucker was hug, had a huge body, there would have been an angle from which to shoot it without hurtin the guy. Or is it the kind of thing that then spouts poison?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-28-2007 12:09     Subject: Reply 15#15 ms.smith's post

This was explained in the episode. Shooting it or any other method did not work because as long as it was attached to John it sucked more life force from him to heal itself. That's why they had to kill him to make it let go.(no more life force to feed off of). Also in the last moments before they vented it out to space you saw it move again.
Author: ms.smith    Time: 11-28-2007 12:27     Subject: Reply 16#16 gabsimom's post

Cool little bugger, huh? Smart invention.
I'm not sure I would have touched it, though, like whatshername.
Author: gyki9    Time: 11-29-2007 09:16

i would touch it too lol

i am in the race
Author: mrstankreynolds    Time: 12-2-2007 05:25     Subject: Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

I have pm'd answers.  Boy that is a good show.  I really enjoyed it.  

I am in the race.
Author: spratt89    Time: 11-26-2008 07:38     Subject: Episode 1

Episode starts with Dr Weir, Becket and Rodney finding the Ancients chair which only works with people with the Ancients gene, Dr Jackson believes they can make a Stargate jump to Atlantis, Becket sits in the Ancients seat and a weapon starts to fire at Mjr Sheppard & General O'Neill, Jackson tries and successfully persuades him to let a expedition team go and explore it, Sheppard sits in the Ancients seat and the seat activates, Weir asks O'Neill if Sheppard can come with them, after a talk with O'Neill, Sheppard decides to go, Weir lead the expedition team though the Stargate and to Atlantis, After a while they discover that Atlantis is under water, Carson finds a room where a message left by the Ancients telling them what happened, Rodney then says they need to stop everything as the shield protecting Atlantis is failing, Colonel Summer's takes a team to a off world planet looking for a safe planet for Atlantis to evacuate to if necessary, MJR Sheppard finds 2 boys playing, the search team they meet Teyla the leader of the planet. Great 1st episode, (My Score 9/10)
Author: spratt89    Time: 11-26-2008 08:50     Subject: Episode 2

Episode starts with Sheppard and Teyla looking at some cave paintings, then the planet starts getting attacked by the wraith, kidnapping countless people including Colonel Summers, Weir is about to evacuate Atlantis when Sheppard returns with survives from the planet, Weir tells Sheppard they have to evacuate when all of a sudden the shields fail and Atlantis raises to the surface, Weir and Sheppard argue about trying to rescue the members of the team that are missing, Colonel Summers is locked up with Teyla and the other kidnapped people, Rodney goes and Shows Sheppard the Puddle Jumpers which Sheppard learn can turn invisible, Sheppard and Ford take a team to go and rescue the missing members and save the planets missing people, Colonel Summers comes face 2 face with the Wraith Queen, Sheppard and Ford finds the hostages, Ford stays behind and Sheppard goes looking for Colonel Summers who is with the Wraith Queen, The Wraith Queen starts to feed on Colonel Summers and he tells Sheppard to shoot him, Sheppard shoots and kills Colonel Summer and then goes and kills the Wraith Queen, Sheppard gets all the hostages and team members back on the puddle jumper and back to Atlantis safely. Great episode, (My Score 9/10)
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 06:34     Subject: Episode 3

This episode demonstrates the humour in Stargate Atlantis as well as the danger often faced by the crew. It was really funny when Sheppard pushed McKay of the second level railing and even funnier was the discussions that McKay began about how he would starve to death. As well as testing the strength of the Atlantis crew in finding a way to contain or destroy the dark energy
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 06:35     Subject: Episode 4

I really liked this episode and it is one of my favorites in the first season. It was nerve-wracking when Shepard's heart had to be stopped in order to save him. I also liked McKay's part when he was telling them how he reacts to a certian death. That was funny. I think this episode might have been better though, if it was told in order without the flashbacks. Then it might have seemed like it had more action in it. I enjoyed Zelenka's performance in the episode as well as Carson's. Overall it was a great episode to watch.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 06:37     Subject: Episode 5

This was a great episode one of the better ones of the season. The thing that i liked most about this episode was the fact that they were assuming that somebody was giving away their position on purpose but then it turned out to be a very simple and silly mistake that was giving it away. I also liked the fact they some scientific teams went off world in this episode and did work rather than just the military teams and the fact that they got there hands on a live Wraith and were able to catch it was great
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 06:46     Subject: Episode 6

This episode was awesome. A planet of young people who sacrifice themselves on the eve of their 25th birthday, only to discover that their sacrifices isn't what's been keeping the Wraith from attacking. The way they were about to fight and Rodney got the device up and running in time was pretty cool.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-23-2009 07:00     Subject: Reply 25#25 spratt89's post

yeah that episode almost had me crying. To think they did this for population control because the shield couldn't protect a growing community. Why not just teach birth control and be honest instead of having people end their short lives.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 14:17     Subject: Episode 7

This is another classic episode of Atlantis. It really does make you think what would you do in that situation. At the cost of losing half of the population, would I make the decision to distribute the drug just so half can live? The story is great and very touching as Beckett finds love and it doesn't end too well. What price do people pay for the hope of freeedom is really interesting. I highly recommend this episode, it is definitely a good one. The end is very interesting and does a good job at making this story great, a classic.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 14:19     Subject: Episode 8

This was a great episode the fact that they find a civilisation that has the same goals as them in one day defeating the Wraith. I also liked the fact that they ended up becoming enemies instead of allies like they have first hoped having seen the other episodes of the series and knowing that the Genei pop up in other episodes and pose a threat to the people of Atlantis is a quite interesting storyline
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 14:20     Subject: Episode 9

Even though this episode reminded of the SG-1 episode "The Gamekeeper" a little bit, it is still a fun episode. We really do learn about some of the character's personal lives and where they live or want to live. The two episodes aren't exactly the same, but there is a similarity. Don S. Davis returns in this episode as "General Hammond", so it is good to see another SG-1 cast member make a guest appearance on Atlantis. There are funny moments that involve McKay when he goes home and when a party is thrown at Sheppard's house. Overall a good episode, but feels a little like it has been done before on the other Stargate series
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 14:22     Subject: Episode 10

After the somewhat borrowed episode "Home", Atlanis returns to its glory with this edge of your seat episode that is in one word awesome! What makes this episode work so well is Kolya, the Genii leader who is such a nasty villain that it makes him fun to watch and hate. The acting is so good in this episode, the Genii become more of an annoyance than a threat. As I'm sure the crew in the story feel. After watching this episode, you will want to know how it ends. This is definitely one of the best episodes of the first season.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 18:04     Subject: Episode 11

What a great conclusion to an exciting two part story in this series. Once again, I have to hand it to Robert Davi, he really adds so much to this story as Commander Kolya. Not only was the acting great in this episode, the special effects that they use looked great. The coolest special effect used in this episode is when the shield protects Atlantis from the gigantic wave that passes by. Overall, this and the episode proceeding it are HIGHLY recommended episodes to watch for those who want to know what Atlantis is
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 18:05     Subject: Episode 12

With not many characters in the episode, the story holds its own as Sheppard and McKay battle a Wraith that has been stranded on a planet by itself for many years. This is not typical Wraith and it is definitely the strongest that has ever been on this series so far. Not even a nearby grenade could kill it, giving hints on how strong the Wraith really are. There some great scenes such as Sheppards hand to hand fight with the Wraith, which is desperate to get off of the planet
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 18:07     Subject: Episode 13

This was a awesome episode! Very good! It had the perfect amount of funny parts but yet there was sadness in it too! It was the perfect combination so congrats to the writers cause they did a awesome job! The whole episode was good! I never got bored! I enjoyed it the whole way through! I would defenintly recomend this episode to anyone! I loved the beginning parts with the prime or not prime numbers! Very funny so overall a very good episode that I for one will watch again in the near future.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-23-2009 18:09     Subject: Episode 14

This is a fairly interesting episode. Sheppard falls in love with a woman who isn't what she appears to be. It's mainly a lot of talk and little action, but sometimes things are worth watching. Sometimes nothing really happens, there isn't really much to talk about. It's just a pretty standard sci-fi episode. The most interesting parts of this are the scenes when Sheppard makes a friend and starts to fall in love with her. Not the greatest of episodes and nothing that is crucial to the story line. "Sanctuary" is definitely an episode that can be skipped and doesn't have to be seen.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-24-2009 07:42     Subject: Episode 15

This really is "Atlantis" at its best. I love the whole time travel genre and this episode deals with it brilliantly. Torri Higginson is even better than usual as Old Weir and her make-up was even better than RDA's in "Brief Candle". It must have been really challenging for her to play "both" characters in this episode but she pulled it off very well. This episode is also hilarious. I really liked the "Back to the Future" jokes particularly the flux capacitor one. I laughed out loud at that. (How can McKay not like that movie?!) I loved the whole alternate timeline where everyone except for Weir and Teyla (because they never met herIt was also really interesting seeing how the Ancients lived and what their leadership was like.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-24-2009 07:43     Subject: Episode 16

This was a fun adventure indeed as they go to a planet only to be confronted once again by Kolya and the Genii. It is true, it does have a feel of Indiana Jones since it deals with archeology and ancient artifacts. Rodney also falls in love with one of the women on the planet. Sadly, this episode isn't as good as the previous two episode that introduced Kolya, but it is still very exciting. There is a puzzle that they have to solve and if they get it wrong, they die. That is definitely the Indiana Jones feel of the episode.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-24-2009 09:54     Subject: Episode 17

This is a personal favorite episode. It is mainly comedy related since what the crew members have to say is usually really funny. Becket can't decide what he wants to say to his mother and McKay can't stop saying enough about himself like always. Of course, not everyone has things positive to say about Atlantis and someone even recommends that O'Neill replace Dr. Weir. Overall, this is a very enjoyable episode that has always been one of my personal favorites. It doesn't have anything imporant in the episode that deals really with the story, but it is still a really fun one to watch.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-24-2009 09:56     Subject: Episode 18

This episode was really - different. The scary and horrifying start by Teyla's dreams and then the psychologist and all the thing trying to make Teyla understand what is going around and I think she was quite close to understanding itself but going that planet and getting those logs - there was so much new information for us. There was some little information that really gave some advantages, all other was just great to hear and learn. Wraiths as a thing Ancients created by accidentally and later became their doom
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-24-2009 14:43     Subject: Episode 19

It was really impressive to the see power of the ancients when the satelite shot the Wraith ship and when you know how complex are their scietic developments [ 7%,8% or 9% of all the acents knowlenge can be saved using all the hard discs.And see how powerful are the Wraith minds, and how fast they can do things [just at that little time that a Wraith ship scanned Atlantis, the Waith could tranfer the data, activate the Self-Destruction and tranport himself to the city]
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-24-2009 14:44     Subject: Episode 20

Probably one of the best episodes of the season as the Wraith launch an all-out attack against Atlantis. The addition of new forces from Earth gives the Atlanteans a better chance at surviving, but the Wraith still manage to kick the living bajeezus out of them. An annoying addition is Colonel Everett. He just drives me spare with his whole "I'm a Colonel I know more than you" attitude. I have a strong suspiscion that Wraith he's been cornered by is gonna eat him, Another annoying factor is the cliffhanger ending. Sheppard's final comment of "I'm going in", followed by the displaying of that good old "To Be Continued"
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 04:56     Subject: Stargate Atlantis Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss everything Season 2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 12-4-2010 21:51 ]
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 05:00     Subject: Episode 1

Wow.. I hardly thought it can keep the level the last season ending was, but this was up for the same level, if not more as we got our quite positive ending and all the action. The storyline - all the excitement, motion and action. There was again, no change to get eyes off and the way those events finally came together - Ford's Sheppard's cat-mouse game, mounting thing, the ship getting away and sending bomb. Gorgeous. Plus cannot forgot the change that they tried to fight with them. Amazing episode.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 05:01     Subject: Episode 2

It was great, to be honest. A different episode - all the spaceship and journey and things what can go wrong on space, but for variety and some different - it was fantastic episode to go after the superb season start. And those little clips back to Earth and those conversations - leading only sad understanding. But the action on the ship and McKay - he can be... the panic and fear. And Wraith seems to be even more powerful than we thought but they managed to win this time. And the Hermiod - I start to like that little guy more and more.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 12:27     Subject: Episode 3

This was a great episode and we finally got to find out more about Ford. It seems like ages since we have seen him, and it's sad that he is no longer a major cast member. By the end of this episode it appears that Ford will not ever be going back to Atlantis. But all is not lost we are introduced to a new character Ronan who lost his home world to the Wraith. It appears that the Wraith like to chase some of there prey almost like its a sport or a game so overall a great episode to watch with a great new character
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 12:29     Subject: Episode 4

I LOVED this episode. It was hilarious and it's the perfect thing to watch at the end of a long day. Although, I do have to admit, McKay kissing Beckett was very weird, even though you know it's Cadman kissing him. But that weirdness is what makes Stargate Atlantis so good 'Duet' was probably one of the better and more funny filler episodes, plus we get to see Ronon in action. It's very interesting to see McKay fight with Cadman, and have a couple of new characters introduced in this episode (Ronon and Cadman).  In short, this was a great episode and very funny, though it lacked in action.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-25-2009 12:47

Adam I am glad you are enjoying atlanis and rewatching all the episodes.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 19:49     Subject: Episode 5

As is pointed out elsewhere, this episode had a very funny quip in it. The scientist is told to repair something that is badly broken. His automatic response is, "What am I MacGuyver??!" Considering the star of the MacGuyver TV series had a lead role in Stargate SG-1 for almost a decade The society of the world visited in this episode had descended into two forms of barbarism. One camp was forced to "rough it" agains their will, and live with the constant possibility of an ugly death at almost any time. The other camp put them there.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 19:50     Subject: Episode 6

A nice episode, just when you think the Atlantis team finally finds the mother of all weapons/power source, you just have to wonder if this was just too good to be true. McKay was at his most arrogant in a way trying to justify his massive ego in trying to top the Ancients in their failures. So of course in the end they not only lose their newest discovery, but McKay and Sheppard barely gets out alive with help of the Daedalus providing cover in a cool CGI sequence. Finally when Dr. Weir was yelling at McKay, I would've never expected McKay's ego to further place himself in a worse spot by stating more of the solar system was destroyed rather than less.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 19:52     Subject: Episode 7

this episode was very exciting and freaky, i didn't know what they were talking about when they said " it might not even be out tonight"but when they said what it did, it was pretty obivous that it was a wraith. i think the best twist in the storyline was when the old guy found out that his son was even older than he was towards the end. the wraith had to get what it needeed to survive so he let it take some of his life and now he was an old man.the girl wraith killed the other wraith on the planet so they didn't have to look as hard for it. later.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-25-2009 19:54     Subject: Episode 8

it was not the best epiosde i've seen but it was great.i like the storyline and how it wasd picked up from the previous epiosde. Col. Sheppard also got totally taken over by a bug- wriath thing and it was a very exciting and ineresting epiosde. i like when Col. Sheppard smashes the window in Dr. Weir's room, and asks if that changed her mind. this epiosde was related to season one's epiosde 'thirty eight minutes'. and i liked that epiosde and this one was even better.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-26-2009 04:15     Subject: Episode 9

The storyline was just great. All the matrix like virtual reality thing what looked so real and people inside did not know it. I loved the wraith part and who she/he had made it so comfortable for herself and ruled that little game there. And McKey, when he started to hack the reality and modify it his way. Sad, they did not get any vital information but at least there is hope now - there is something out there. There is a change.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-26-2009 04:17     Subject: Episode 10

This is one of the best this season, good to see the wraith in battle again and interesting twist with lietenant ford as well. Also interesting showing consequences of tayla ability to read wraith minds and that wraith territorial which makes sense in retrospect. The whole trying to escape and failing and picking up a girl who was still alive, all of them feeling the affects of coming off of the drugs was also good and I found Rodney very funny in this episode
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-26-2009 04:18     Subject: Episode 11

First off, Shepard gets a break from the queen when the other Hive ship shows up. Ronan pulling all those knives out was funny, but it worked they were able to escape, if only for a few minutes. Then they got seperated to smaller groups. Rodney taking all that enzyme and what his reaction to it was hilarious. Shepard rescues "a prisoner" and almost gives up some vital information to her. We are told about the "Wraith Worshipers". The team is able to escape again and gets both ships to shoot it out with one another. The only thing is FOrd may or may not have escaped. But everyone else makes it back to Atlantis.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-26-2009 04:20     Subject: Episode 12

The show was refreshing, I like the idea it was a new idea and fun to watch. Rodney was great, taking control like that; pushing the others around, Rodney is always fun to watch. At the same time Shepard has his own little story arch behind the wall, the information was also good for the back story of the ancients and ascension. The writing is good and the characters were given more depth, the story is one of the best.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-26-2009 12:25     Subject: Episode 13

Absolutely love this episode it combines elements from both Stargate series (Atlantis and SG-1). We have the Gou'ald, NID Agent Barett, General Landry, Dr. Lee and more. This episode gets better as it goes on. It is discovered that The Trust plans to destroy Atlantis by overloading their zero-point module, to make matters worse the Wraith have ships in the Lantean system. Dr. McKay and Lt. Cadman work furiously to stop the destruction of Atlantis, identify the saboteur and obtain the code to prevent the overload.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-26-2009 12:28     Subject: Episode 14

This episode of Atlantis could have been better. Rodney was funny as always. In his situation he begins to freak out. I probably would too. He starts talking to himself, the ship and eventually Carter who he is now hallucinating. Carter was also funny as the hallucination. The only problem I have with this episode is that there was no Ronan or Teyla, The episode itself explored all facets of McKays character including the realisation of how self absorbed he is.  but apart from that I found this to be a very good episode,
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-27-2009 07:26     Subject: Episode 15

This episode's plot wasn't so original either but it doesn't matter so much for me, what matters for me is how the plot is being done and what is happening between the beginning and the end. And another important thing, that it isn't way too predictable. This episode wasn't too predictable, but if they only had done so The Lord Protectors assistant (played by Peter Woodward) a little more misleading it would have been great. Just so you wouldn't know what he was planning, I loved the dialog, and the guest cast was perfect. As always the core actors did a fine job. This show just keeps getting better.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-27-2009 07:28     Subject: Episode 16

I thought this episode was done well. THe whole mind possession scenario has been done so many times it is kind of getting old. It was nice to see Caldwell back after his Goul'd ordeal and turn about is fair play after Weir and Shepard's minds are taken over. They did well playing off of one another and trying to kill another deal, however, I think John and Aeryn of Farscape did it best. Also, I think they should have shown Ronon at the end after surgery. The kiss between Weir and Shepard is a start and they were aware of what was going on even though they were possessed.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-27-2009 13:33     Subject: Episode 17

This episode marks the return of my favorite group of people in this series the Genii. They are sometimes not the brightest bunch but this time they manage to outsmart the Atlantis team. Ladon is a great and smart character. His banter with Sheppard in the beginning was funny most of all was what he wanted for the ZPM.
LADON: I need about a hundred machine guns, a couple of dozen grenades and any C4 that you have to spare.
SHEPPARD: Sounds like you're having a party.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-27-2009 13:34     Subject: Episode 18

It's good to see a familiar face from another show, but other than that it was another great episode. Rodney's parts were top notch again, and the storyline, though a bit pestimistic about not being able to get rid of the wraith even though they got rid of the wraith in a person produced a new good storyline for future episodes, would be really neat to get that girl back again that took it originally and it went bad on her.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-27-2009 17:41     Subject: Episode 19

A pretty good episode. It was a nice change from episodes focusing on Sheppard or one of the other characters. McKay just rocked in this episode. It was fun to see him trying and failing to hit on Norina. Quotes from this episode are pretty funny and made me laugh more than a few times. The episode was also good for another reason and that would be because of the Orion. so overall a very good episode to watch with loads of good moments
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-27-2009 17:42     Subject: Episode 20

This was a great end to the season. It had great suspense, action, and humor. It had me on the edge of my seat from the start waiting to see what the Wraiths true plan was. The battles between the Daedalus and the hive ships were great. The humor was classic from McKay’s “He was guiding me down the hall, not sucking the life out of my shoulder!” to the banter between McKay and Hermiod. And the cliffhanger was awesome with two hive ships on their way to Earth with McKay and Ronon onboard
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2009 10:00     Subject: Stargate Atlantis Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything Season 3 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 12-4-2010 21:52 ]
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2009 10:04     Subject: Episode 1

This was one of the best season premiers i've ever seen, I loved how they showed the Daedalus battle from last season again and showed us what really happened. For instance how when last season they made it seem that Sheppard was possibly destroyed by two Darts they revealed that in truth he really was saved by the pilot of another F-302 who fired on and destroyed the Darts for him. Then I loved that when he noticed that the ships were going to jump into hyperspace and escape he managed to latch himself onto the hive ship untill it dropped out of hyperspace. Then I loved how McKay was all "we're all going to die " and "I'm going to be responsible for the destruction of my own planet," while Ronon was all "shut up there's still hope" and when McKay made the comment about being responsible for the destruction of Earth "well if it was anyone it was going to be you". Then I liked how Michael helped Sheppard disable the hive ship's hyperdrive. That was what he was trying to do in the first place out there and he finally succeded in doing it before being captured. I like how Michael then helped him escape and disabled the ships jamming codes so that the Daedalus could beam over a nuke but it didn't quite work because the Daedalus had already fired off all of its nukes. Then I liked how they actually captured the hive ship instead of destroying it. I also liked how the Orion actually destroyed the other one but I disliked how it was also destroyed in the process
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2009 10:07     Subject: Episode 2

I loved this episode, They wrap up the whole "there's two Wraith hive ships that are able to get to and destroy Earth" thing. They destroyed one and captured the other but now both are destroyed. That hive ship was the only ship left in that galxy that could reach Earth besides the Daedalus so I was glad to see it destroyed. I also liked the part where they are able to fly the ship themselves although it is very limited and drop the Wraith turned into humans on that planet. That was a smart decision although they later came to regret it. I liked how when the going got tough they improvised, Like when the Daedalus' hyperdrives were offline they towed it back to Atlantis with the hive ship which I thought was pretty cool. Also I liked that when their failsafe failed they opened fire on the Wraith camp and destroyed it with the former Wraiths hive ship... Now that's ironic. While I agree that destroying the hive ship was a good idea I think that they should have kept it around for a couple of more episodes or had it be destroyed in battle with another hive ship destroying that one as it went down instead of just being blasted to pieces. I also hope that no Wraith survived that attack on the camp
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2009 14:09     Subject: Episode 3

This was great. I was spitting water through my nose as I watched this. I loved how everyone just gets really, really stupid and silly. It's fun to have an EP where everyone can just kick back their feet ... well, kinda kick back their feet. I think it's just fun. When everyone started going ... well, nuts, I was really confused, but it was funny to see Ronon giggle. And the candle-in-a-gourd thing was too good. It was great when everyone gathered around it and smiled like crazy. That was crazy. Really, truly, completely nuts. I think this EP was just something to give the fans a good laugh. Though I would not put it in my favorites, by any means, I laughed a lot during this EP and
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2009 14:11     Subject: Episode 4

I love how I got to see into Ronon's past. It was nice, because before, all we knew about him was that he was a military officer on a planet called Sateda. Now we know a lot about him. I would personally love to see more into all of the characters past, and I would like a lot more development on them. This EP really made me like Ronon more. Before, to me, he was just a big guy who was made in Teal'c's image. (Big muscles, silent type of guy and was introduced into teh show trying to kill our main characters.) Now, he seems more like a stand-out character. And in this EP we don't only see development on Ronon. I think it was a big step up for Sheppards character to admit out-loud that he would do anything for anyone on his team. I mean, sure, we already knew he felt that way, but him saying it out-loud (Kinda) was a big step for him. I also think that it showed just exactly bad he is with feelings. (Reminds me of O'Neill.) This was a wonderful EP all in all, and I could watch it a hundred times over!
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-29-2009 01:18     Subject: Episode 5

A decent plot, seeing as how SG-1 has dealt with replicators this was an easy sell for Atlantis. They pulled it off quite convincingly and with consistency (the deadly mind probes that fooled Sheppard and the rest). In the end, McKay saves the day by coming up with a plan to destroy but they leave the door open for Replicators coming back. Overall, this was a great episode filled with humor and action.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-29-2009 01:23     Subject: Episode 6

This was a great Atlantis episode, and mainly because it broke formula. It was very character driven, giving us an internal look at Elizabeth, while also advancing the new Replicator story. It showed us how malevolent this new enemy is. Elizabeth's relationship with her mother also gave us a new perspective into her life. Every show does their 'crazy' episode, from Star Trek to Buffy, so it was interesting seeing Dr Weir fight for what she fundamentally believed was the truth. It was also great that Richard Dean Anderson stopped by, almost as if it was a new beginning for Weir.
Overall, a great story
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-29-2009 09:25     Subject: Episode 7

This was amazing episode. First it looked like another genii trouble episode, but the outcome, the shocking events on this episode and the way it was worked out - surprising. First the thing, that it looked first time, geniis really did and said the truth. Then, the events on that prison. The unexpected prison mate for Sheppard and the way he become older and older - and their escape plan. That was the best wraith after Steve. The friendship they had, it looks like impossible but they did managed to work together for common enemy and the angle that part of this episode opened to us - to show us that somepart, the wraith are just like humans - they have their code of honor, they too want to survive. They just have different perspective and different menu.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-29-2009 09:26     Subject: Episode 8

This was lovely episode - all the different parallel universes and the change that maybe they could get themselves a ZPM. This time there was no destroyed galaxy but it would have been the whole universe. I loved the way the episode start, they appearance of Carter and then they way McKay's sister was brought it and they introduced her the whole new world, she has not known. I loved the shocking effect and the way it was played out. Also, the whole thing with McKay from another universe, who was so nice... It just adore the idea of the parallel existence and they found so great storyline - meeting with yourself from other universe. The only thing, I could little dislike, would be.. the episode could have been more intense.. some more motion.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-29-2009 13:10     Subject: Episode 9

I thought this episode was great. I liked how they took an old idea, the "everybody's gone bonkers" routine and made it new. The twist was using it to develop backstory on a character that needed it. I thought the writing was excellent on this episode and the acting superb. This REALLY has been the best season of Atlantis. I do now see, with this episode, where people are debating: Sheppard-Weir (or Shweir) or Sheppard-Teyla (Sheyla). I'm leaning more towards the former than the latter but either is nice. Teyla has that way of getting to Sheppard. They should develop this relationship more, like what was seen in this episode. "I can't believe you shot me" -- As usual, another Rodney one liner that leaves me LOL. Good work!
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-29-2009 13:14     Subject: Episode 10

This episode had it all, it summed up why I like the stargate franchise and had me glued to the screen for the whole hour. The cliffhanger was a good one, one which I can not wait 6 months for but with Sci-fi's crappy scheduling we have to wait. Obviously they will get out of it and im sure in 2 episodes time everything will be back to normal. But I hope some of the atlantians make it out of this alive and we can use there knowledge etc. It was good to see ONeill again but I wish theyd have given him a little more screen time, i.e. make him the main character instead of comic relief. But thats unfair to the regular cast.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-30-2009 03:09     Subject: Episode 11

This episode is in my opinon the best one of the season. I liked this better than part 1. What made this episode so much more likable was the fact that it had Richard Dean Anderson returning as General Jack O'Neill. Sure he was in the last episode but in this episode it was classic O'Neill. The under water scene getting captured by the bad guys, that is all old school O'Neill. When you have O'Neill you have to have his famous lines like "I like to close my eyes and think of England." and then "That sounds more like a plan F to me you know as in we're totally...." But this was a thrilling conclusion and everyone had something to do even Woolsey
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-30-2009 03:12     Subject: Episode 12

I liked this. The idea how the events first looked so chaotic and there seemed to be no merging story - just some flashes and events, giving us idea that this maybe a lovely filler episode. In some way it was - specially the lovely part. I loved the whale idea - that the thing that looked to be problem, was just a warning for much bigger problem. So I would say, there was many surprises and those moments when something unexpected happened - like Elizabeth fainting in the middle of conversation and McKay on the jumper, But the dynamic and motion - it was not too intense and on some moment, maybe too slow - so that could be the weak side of this episode - not very intense storyline and action.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 11:06     Subject: Episode 13

The highlight of this episode for me was the death of Kolya. He made a good adversary in The Storm and The Eye but after that he got boring. It was good to see him taken out of the picture at last. He lasted a lot longer than Cowen, who finally met his end in Coup D'etat. As adversaries go Cowen was much better but I think he would have got boring too. The main focus of this plot was Lucius. I wasn’t fond of Irresistible so was surprised that this episode amused me. Thankfully Lucius wasn’t using some plant extract to get people to like him but he was still running a con. By using an Ancient personal shield he managed to convince a village that he was a hero. Luckily the Atlantis team investigate and Lucius eventually loses his edge. I hope this is the last we see of him.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 11:08     Subject: Episode 14

This episode was good but I do not think it was so brilliant as many have thought. It offered so much new, opened a new perspective to McKay and show us two new side of him - totally genius and hyper super egoist one and the second one - caring, and really doing and saying what he thoughts. So, for character development it was great. The storyline itself - the way he was gaining more and more.. maybe the irony of you got all the knowledges but you are not able to use them - the beauty of the mind. The story was great but all the wining from McKay - it can drive crazy. And the end - when he was dying, grasped Beckett and then had told what to do to save him.. Great ending.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 11:10     Subject: Episode 15

This episode - it was so different and even though it had a lot of action and the character action, mostly it was not about them. It was the ideological dilemma and somehow the whole episode tried to answer to the question McKay asked at the start of the episode. It was so complicated theme and the way they solved it - it really looked so exploding. They way the game went... the idea that the game was not a game but became something larger - it was reality and the hostility between two cultures was their to blame. The angle, the idea this episode show - that people who know not much, can ruin and guide others.. what wrong can they done... super!
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 11:11     Subject: Episode 16

This episode was impressive from all points of view...One has the opportunity of seeing Sheppard doing everything he can to save Teyla...in this episode he is portrayed as a bloody super hero...This guy has been presented in quite a few episodes as doing everything he can to make the impossible possible...Another thing that made me enjoy a lot this episode was its dramatism...one doesn't know what is going to happen until the last moment(i thought that it was possible for Teyla and Sheppard to parish as Beckett did)...really this is a true magnificent episode...it is so ahead of it's time...also seeing Dr. Beckett was a nice surprise.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 16:58     Subject: Episode 17

In this episode Dr. Beckett dies and this is also a very emotional for the character as well as the audience. This episode shows the characters interacting with each other without the restrictions of the mission. It was also very funny to see Sheppard and Ronon talking and playing golf. We also learn that Col Sheppard was once married and Ronon was once engaged. This episode was the one where the audience learns more about the characters including the way Dr Weir feels about dating a person on Atlantis, Maj Lorne's family and interest in painting, McKay's relationship and Telya's feelings for a guy. This is one of the great episodes and a must watch for any fan or any one interested in the show.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 16:59     Subject: Episode 18

I thought this was a great episode. Again demonstrating why this is right up close there with Sg-1 being the one top sci-fi shows that are on tv now. Who could not possibly be thrilled to once again see another wraith, and not just any wraith, the original wraith queen who was part of the first attack against the ancients? Her power was extremely strong, but neither being more powerful or smarter could she beat the Atlantis team. Teyla is such a great asset to the Atlantis team. Without her powers the team would be in much more difficult situations.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 17:01     Subject: Episode 19

I really enjoyed this episode for a change. I thought that the writers as well as introding a new enemy manged well to bring back the creature/man 'Michael'. I liked this episode because the story is left open for more episodes. I can already tell that Atlantis will run into these bug creatures again. This series has focused heavily on trying to develop new enemies and stories and personally i feel this was a sucess in many ways. I have really enjoyed most of this series of Atlantis and hope the next and final episode of the series is as good. I thought that the story was much darker than normal and managed to but most of the charactors in constant danger. Looking forward to seeing Michael again.
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-31-2009 17:02     Subject: Episode 20

It was one of those episodes, were on the first half we wonder, was it really worth to watch and the end - it just makes all more than perfect. First - it looked really like Weir said - when things get bad, noone trusts her orders and she said it could be avoided but no - they did it and now they are paying for it. McKay has to solve impossible task again and this time it is huge plan - to get an asteroid in the right place and make Atlanis to FLY. A very impressive sceneries - the drowning of the city, the flying... and the ending - really well done.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0