Board logo

Subject: Samantha Who Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 11-16-2007 11:48     Subject: Samantha Who Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

well i have seen the first 5 episodes so let's start a discussion,

i think it's a nice show and can you imagine wake up one day and having no memory of last 30 years i loved how the show explore what it's like losing your memory and when she has her flashback i find them interesting because she's not the same person.. her relationship with her parent are funny   

it makes me wonder what i'm like-what would i be like if i lost my memories and try to figure out what are my favourite shows?-can you imagine not remember this site?

back to this show, Christina Applegate is fantastic actress i like her role in this show and she can do comedy. episode 4 was so funny-can you imagine not remembering your first time?-suppose that hard. Episode 5 guy who keep running away. poor guy doesn't know she lost her memory and way she acted was so funny like a stalker.

suzi from gilmore girls-she not bad in this show and not a bad actress.

going hunting with her dad ending up in jail

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 22:53 ]
Author: meljones_83    Time: 11-16-2007 13:11     Subject: Reply #1 bala's post

Sometimes I wish I could lose the memory of my favourite shows, then I could watch them again with a fresh outlook. I do like to re-watch my favourite shows but it's never the same as the first time you see them!

As for this show, I have only watched the first two episodes so far but I quite like it. I'm interested to see where they're going to go with it - I would have thought there'd only be so much you could do with this storyline. I'll definitely be watching more.
Author: ms.smith    Time: 11-16-2007 22:05     Subject: Reply #1 bala's post

Bala, have you seen the movie "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell? Samantha Who is kind of a more pc version of that story. In the movie Goldie was a spoiled rich witch and Kurt a hired hand she abused - when she had lost her memory, he claimed to be her husband and took her home to his kids.

13 going on 30 then was the story in reverse - wow, I've became a total jerk? How'd that happen?

The scene where Samantha picked up a dress and asked "I have a daughter"? especially recalled the movie Overboard. There she picked up a dress and asked "I was fat?... and short?" :lol

That char from GG was called Sookie, btw. Pretended to be a best friend like Sandra Bullock pretended to be the gf of the comatose guy in whatwasthetitle movie b/c she wanted to be part of the family just like "Sookie" wants to be part of Samantha's life now. I wonder how much we're going to see of her.

I'm enjoying this show a great deal, it's so much fun! Even though I sometimes do wonder how that amnesia really works - like, what she can remember and what she can't. Not all of it seems to make much sense. Not that I care, too much fun!!
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 11-18-2007 09:31

This is probably the most funnest new comedy on TV right now (pardon my English). Of course, The Big Bang Theory is still waiting for me to watch it. Christina Applegate is SO good in this series and she's just the right person to play it. My favorite episode has to be the wedding one or the stalker one. I loved how she wanted to be friends with Valerie and ended up ruining her marriage. And then the stalker one..."I'm not a stalker!" even though she broke into his car. ABC picked a show that can get great ratings and still be a fantastic show, unlike Cavemen, which cannot do either. How many seasons does everybody think this will last? I'm guessing 9 or 10 because I am OPTIMISTIC.

Funniest quote from Samantha Who? - The Restraining Order:
Sam: What'd you get busted for? (asking 10 year old)
Kid: Breaking into a car.
Sam: I can do that! But...it's not the right thing to do.
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 11-20-2007 13:38     Subject: Official Episode Discussion for "The Hypnotherapist"

Ok...so you can post thoughts here on the latest episode of Samantha Who?

By the way, this is my favorite episode mainly because I haven't laughed at a TV show for a long time. Anybody agree with me? The smoking thing and especially the "Annie" thing made me laugh very hard.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-20-2007 19:53     Subject: Reply #1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Over the past couple of days I've watched all 6 episodes.  I agree, this is a funny show.  There aren't too many comedies right now that I find amusing, but this is definitely one of them.  Christina Applegate + Jean Smart w/dash of Melissa McCarthy = Good Combination.

This episode, though funny, wasn't my favourite.  I figured out right away that it was Annie she was talking about...probably because I love musical theater and recognized the gold locket.  I'm a bit of a nerd that way.   Her efforts to smoke were hilarious!  If that wouldn't put someone off smoking, I don't know what would...AND her use of the microwave...too funny.

Glad to meet another fan...and a fella too.   Good taste!

Author: booley    Time: 11-20-2007 23:17     Subject: Reply #1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Is it me or is Jean Smart everyones mom. she has this role down pat. She mixes nurturing and smothering just right .with dash of judgment. Nice to have a show with seasoned actors to bring comedy back.
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 11-21-2007 05:47

Jean Smart does a good job, while being funny, of playing a mom. The night after the premiere, I was thinking, "Should I watch this or pass?" I ended up watching and liking it. I would never have thought of Annie because half of my mind is in break mode so the golden locket thing or the "tall bald man" wouldn't have sparked anything.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-22-2007 11:10     Subject: Reply #3 ms.smith's post

The Sandra Bullock movie was "While You Were Sleeping".

I agree with everyone.  This is a good show.  I only discovered it this week, and watched all the episodes in 2 sittings.  It's smart and funny, a rare combination these days.

I too found the stalker episode hilarious.  To stalk someone to let them know you're not stalking them anymore...priceless!

I hope it lasts too.  This and The Big Bang Theory are the only new comedies I have seen....nothing else looked remotely funny.  Neither of them have disappointed.  The only other American "sitcom" I watch is How I Met Your Mother.  It's nice to have some laughter back on network television.

p.s. I'm not counting the comedy/dramas...which have extremely funny moments in this assessment.

Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2007 11:26     Subject: Reply #5 waterlilybarb's post

i'm avoiding big bang theory is the worst sitcom of the year

that my honest opinion i would post how awful it is but given fact this site is positive biased which you guys try deny but it's true.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-22-2007 12:27     Subject: Reply #6 bala's post

You're welcome to your opinion.  There are many shows our site carries that I don't like.  Since others obviously do enjoy them I feel no need to go in those forums just to vent my distaste.  There are plenty of positive things to discuss, which is just more enjoyable for everyone.

Now, if a show I enjoy deals with a controversial topic or runs a storyline that I don't like, I enjoy discussing that with fellow fans.  To just post that I don't like a show seems pointless.

Author: bala    Time: 11-23-2007 08:37     Subject: Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

yes hence why i refined from posting on it
Author: bala    Time: 11-23-2007 09:15     Subject: Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

i just watch this episode few hours ago i forgot about this until i look episode update here it was so i thought the thing i really liked about this episode was the fact that she didn't know that was her place , i mean only reason boyfriend told her was because he had to tell her-can you imagine finding out that you owned an apartment.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-23-2007 10:37     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

I liked how at the end, when she said hypnotherapy was a waste of time and the doorman said he didn't think so...he noticed she came down on the elevator.

p.s. I love that the doorman is Tuvok from Voyager.

Author: bala    Time: 11-23-2007 10:58     Subject: Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

thank you it was bugging me where i seen him before
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-23-2007 11:16     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

No worries...I hate when that happens too.  There are times when I have to phone a friend to ask where I recognize someone from.  It drives me crazy when I can't remember.
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 11-24-2007 13:15     Subject: Reply #8 waterlilybarb's post

Sometimes it takes me maybe thirty seconds. But others take sometimes a couple minutes. Until I figure out who that person is or where they're from, my brain zones out of whatever I'm watching.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-24-2007 22:43     Subject: Reply 9#9 redsoxpatriot30's post

It happened to me while watching the newest episode of Numb3rs.  I actually had to search online to find out where I recognized one of the guests from.  It was from "Living With Fran".   No one I know would have known that, so it's just as well I did the search myself...especially because I missed his name in the opening credits.
p.s. It was Ben Feldman.

Author: bala    Time: 11-27-2007 12:10

i liked the new episode and i hope new guy stay with samatha stays .
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-27-2007 14:41     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

I liked it too.  What I hope is that she and her ex will eventually get back together.  Like she said, 'If only you had amnesia too, we'd make a great couple'...or something to that effect.  If he gets to know the new Samantha, he might be able to trust her and they could start from scratch.  In the meantime, I like the new guy too.  At least he's nice...and easy on the eyes to boot.
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 11-28-2007 19:18     Subject: Official Episode Discussion for "The Hockey Date"

Post anything that you have to get out of your system...regarding this Samantha Who? episode. I still have not yet seen it (and it's already Wednesday night!) but I will possibly tomorrow. But until then, post away!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-28-2007 20:42     Subject: Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Just thought I'd show you someone else is watching too.  Check back after you watch the episode.  I'd love to hear what you think.
Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 11-27-2007 17:41  

I liked it too.  What I hope is that she and her ex will eventually get back together.  Like she said, 'If only you had amnesia too, we'd make a great couple'...or something to that effect.  If he gets to know the new Samantha, he might be able to trust her and they could start from scratch.  In the meantime, I like the new guy too.  At least he's nice...and easy on the eyes to boot.   

Author: bala    Time: 11-29-2007 03:25     Subject: Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

you do know we general episode discussion topic already?

http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 12-4-2007 16:28     Subject: Official Episode Discussion for "The Car"

I still haven't seen this one or the one from last week, so it may be a while before I start contributing again. But talk amongst yourselves...while I get stuck writing essays! Carry on...
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-5-2007 12:50     Subject: Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

Thanks for starting the thread.  I forgot there was a new episode this week, since I was out on Monday night.

As for "The Car", it was a good episode.  This show just gets better and better.  We learned a little more about Sam's Mom, and where she got her evil streak.  Her Dad is such a sweet fella, and even more so in this episode.

Author: themegababe    Time: 12-7-2007 15:29

haha I really liked this episode. It was hilarious watching them push the car into the lake!  I also agree with Barb, we saw much more of the mean side of her Mom in this episode. I thought it was hilarious that Sam got the car towed. haha  And her Dad really is becoming a sweetheart and learning to love his daughter again.
Author: themegababe    Time: 12-7-2007 15:34

I like Kevin too.  He was cute and very caring.  He also totally accepted her amnesia and is willing to be friends if not date her.  It looks like things get hot and heavy in the next episode.

Barb, I totally agree about the ex (Todd?) too.  I think they would be great together, once he gets to know her again. Because she is so different. but what I could not believe is that he was living in her apartment without telling her!  how shady! haha
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-11-2007 12:56     Subject: Reply 11#11 themegababe's post

I just watched the new episode and the new guy is old news.  Too bad, but her trying to rush things would scare most guys off.  

As for Todd not telling her it was her apartment, that was shady, but maybe he thought it was payback for how rotten she treated him in the past.  I'm not saying that's a good reason...just a possibility.

Author: Milks26    Time: 12-24-2007 22:03     Subject: Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

For some reason I decided to check out this show....it's great.

Love the characters especially Andrea and when bad Sam sips through
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 12-31-2007 07:22     Subject: Official Episode Discussion for "Pilot"

This is where you may express your feelings about this episode. Depending on whether I want to view the episode again, I may or may not express an opinion. Remember, well-written reviews (if you want a 2-point bonus)!
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 12-31-2007 07:23     Subject: Official Episode Discussion for "The Job"

Episode #2! This was a good one...I have to find my review from www.tv.com that I wrote for this... Post away!
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 12-31-2007 07:26     Subject: Official Episode Discussion for "The Wedding"

Ahhh...this was a good one, especially when Sam recalls that time at the bar . Post anything you felt from this episode in here. Make sure you start your review with an emoticon! I'll begin the next phase for the Crew soon...more than just episode discussions!
Author: Milks26    Time: 12-31-2007 08:36     Subject: Reply 1#1 redsoxpatriot30's post

This episode was the least entertaining of the season so far. But, I did like the warm conversation between Sam and Todd while they danced.

Dena was great in the episode when yet, again, she sat at the rejects table.
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 12-31-2007 12:40

Next to Sam, Dena's the funniest person. I found "The Virgin" the least funny. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I doubt anyone's emoticon will be sad for "The Wedding."
Author: Milks26    Time: 1-1-2008 11:28     Subject: Reply 34#34 redsoxpatriot30's post

I had Barb consolidate all episode discussions into this thread, so, please continue discussing the season here. We are trying to organize the site better and keep a particular pattern.

thanks
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 1-1-2008 13:06

I don't mind. Maybe it'll be easier this way, maybe not. Samantha now has all of her memory in one place .
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-1-2008 16:59     Subject: Reply 36#36 redsoxpatriot30's post

That's a good one! lol  Too bad only one more episode is "in the can".  I sure hope this strike is over soon.  As much as I sympathize with the writers, I miss my shows.
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 06:45     Subject: Episode 10

Ok this was nice episode i will have start with Todd's crazy ex-girlfriend that was funny but Sam really turn up her game but  Regina and Dena  really made a mess of things but i love how her mother told Sam the rabbit statue was always there-that really made me laugh. . She really is the queen of lying .
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 08:28     Subject: Reply 38#38 bala's post

Man, it's so nice to have this show back.

Dena Regina had me cracking up.

I can't wait for Sam to take down Todd's new flame.

Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 08:30     Subject: Reply 39#39 Milks26's post

so you don't think new girl will last-todd made it clear he pick her over sam?
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 08:51     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Come on the writing is on the wall for those 2.

Right  now the writers should give Sam a cute guy to help her get over Todd......until they re-unite again.
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 08:57     Subject: Reply 41#41 Milks26's post

the writing is on wall but i just think it too obvious for them get together i prefer her pinning over him rather than them hooking up and why would he give her a second chance after all she put him through the first time if i was todd i be nice to her because she lost her memory but i wouldn't get too involved, i think they are better as friends than lovers but please this is just my opinion you can believe whatever you want but i just prefer them as friends. that's my preference.   

i love debating you because you don't give up
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 09:08

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 4-8-2008 16:57  
i love debating you because you don't give up  
Nope, I don't! I'm a survivor....

The key word you used a few times was: friends. Friendship usually leads to much more...rekindling romance.

As far as I'm concerned we haven't seen all the trials and tribulations that Todd had to endure from Sam.

I do agree that they should be friends for now, hell, maybe Todd and Dena might hook up for a while.....she tried to make a move on him in the earlier episodes

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 4-8-2008 17:09 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 09:11     Subject: Reply 43#43 Milks26's post

Glad you pick up friends point-dena and Todd -that just plain crazy i feel bad dana because she so out of place with Sam, i think she is better than other friend of sam who bit of awful women (her name escapes me)
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 09:22     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

Are you refering to Andrea?....if so, I love her.

When ever she appears on the screen, I know its time to laugh
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 09:26     Subject: Reply 45#45 Milks26's post

you love her-i hate her because she's not a nice person-name one time she has been nice on the show?
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 09:50     Subject: Reply 46#46 bala's post

That's the whole point of her character.   

She's old Sam's best buddy...who's around to remind Sam of who she was, so that new Sam can do opposite of whatever adivce Andrea gives her.

I can't think of any think nice right now (probably because she hasn't done anything) , but, so far, she's the only character (Frank to a lesser extent) that tells Sam the truth, point blank, whether it's good or bad.

Remember the show is only 10 episodes old....so a softer side of Andrea will appear...not too soft though, Todd & Dena are soft/weak enough

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 4-8-2008 18:00 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 09:55     Subject: Reply 47#47 Milks26's post

Ok you do have point i can respect the fact that she tells Sam the truth, point blank, whether it's good or bad that could be consider to be a good thing.

However i think you  are wrong about the fact she want to remind Sam of who she was, so that new Sam can take the opposite course. i think she wants old Sam back not this Sam with memory-loss. she seem encourage bad side of sam than good side so i doubt she wants to make Sam a better person-she wants her sam back not one she is now.

it's hard work debating you
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 09:59     Subject: Reply 48#48 bala's post

Oh, no...I left a few words out.

I meant that new Sam tries to do the opposite of whatever Andrea tells her..because she wants to be liked and change her ways
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 10:01     Subject: Reply 49#49 Milks26's post

ok glad we agree on this
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 10:04     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

Thank God!....IF not, it would have been a very long day.
Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 10:37     Subject: Reply 51#51 Milks26's post

not really it would just continue few days until one of us give up
Author: meljones_83    Time: 4-8-2008 14:55

I have just ben catching up on all this discussion and have to put my 2 cents in re: Sam and Todd.
I agree with Milks that they should reunite. They are definitely best as friends at the moment - Todd needs to get to know her again as she has changed from when they were together before - but  when they have become good friends again and Todd knows 'new Sam,' I think they are right for each other. After all, there must have been something he saw in her initially, ad he did put up with a lot from her so now that she is a nicer person it could work.
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-8-2008 17:04     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

And, usually that person is you
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-8-2008 20:53     Subject: Reply 54#54 Milks26's post

I think Sam had it spot on when she told Todd he had a type.  His new girlfriend is a nutjob - kinda like the old Sam.   The thing that puzzles me, though I understand why she's living at home, is why she let him move his girlfriend into her apartment.  He's pushing his luck on that front.

As for the friends, Andrea is the little devil on Sam's shoulder, while Dena is the little angel on her other one (so to speak).  Her mother is just wacky, which is awesome.  I love Jean Smart in roles like this.

Anyway, the debate you and bala had going today was rather amusing.  Thanks for the giggle..well, smile, since I don't have voice enough to laugh right now.

Author: bala    Time: 4-8-2008 23:00     Subject: Reply 55#55 waterlilybarb's post

Well it was lucky me and her were on-line at same time , if people didn't know better they would think me and her were involved

Milks26- we will never know who would given up now
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-9-2008 05:30     Subject: Reply 56#56 bala's post

Oh yeah, we have gotten into intense discussions before....at least this one was cordial.
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2008 09:35     Subject: Reply 57#57 Milks26's post

Yeah but your hardly on here most days unlike me  
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-9-2008 16:04     Subject: Reply 55#55 waterlilybarb's post

totally agree with you.  todd's totally taking advantage of Sam regarding the apt.  if i remember correctly he didn'y even tell her it was hers right away (please correct me if i'm wrong on that one)  Now he wants to move in his girlfriend which makes her almost lose the apt.  if it were me, i'd be like get out!!  don't get me wrong i still want sam to end up with todd but she's also got to stand up for herself.

barb - get well soon
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 4-9-2008 17:57

For 2 weeks, practically everything I've seen has been a crime procedural. When I saw Sam Who? tonight, I practically did flips (in my brain and mind of course). I am ready to embrace comedy again...I'm still kind of romantically depressed in my real life and this uplifted my day.

Todd and Sam getting back together would ruin the series too fast as what would the plot be with them together? Todd's girlfriend is a freak and I have seen her character many times before in movies...even the apology was close to what I've seen in movies ( that apology was so fake). Haha Dena and Sam's mom looked like total nutjobs with the makeup...the rabbit was ugly...and it looked like Jean Smart in a way with all the makeup! Anyways, overall, Sam's return episode was as good in the fall...I'm pining for the next one! I guess I'll resort to watching Scrubs or something tonight...

Milks and bala, that discussion was very long ...this discussion thread is probably now as long as if Sam Who? had a full season...
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-9-2008 19:49     Subject: Reply 59#59 kwargalla's post

You're right he told her about the apartment very late in the show.

I like that she leaves with her parents since she has the opportunity to re-connect with them, but I would like to see her back in her own place one day....with Todd elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally posted by redsoxpatriot30 at 4-10-2008 01:57  Milks and bala, that discussion was very long ...this discussion thread is probably now as long as if Sam Who? had a full season...
As much as Bala and I fight on here, I like discussing shows with him, because he regards his views as strongly as I do....although, I always win the battle

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 4-10-2008 03:52 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2008 23:15     Subject: Reply 61#61 Milks26's post

typical women
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-10-2008 06:55     Subject: Reply 62#62 bala's post

Shut up!
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2008 07:29

when will you realise i'm not type of guy that take order from women
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-10-2008 08:11     Subject: Reply 64#64 bala's post

That's what you say

I try not to take others from anyone...but I work....so there's exceptions

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 4-10-2008 16:18 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2008 08:17     Subject: Reply 65#65 Milks26's post

job is different thing this is casual
Author: bala    Time: 4-11-2008 10:19     Subject: promo for next episode

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2LlWNJ5q2oQ
Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2008 02:11     Subject: This got funniest interview i seen

Cool interview
Author: bala    Time: 4-15-2008 10:59     Subject: Samantha Who? 1x11

This episode was funny i can't believe she said yes but ending with Todd-guess you were right Milks26-so now what she going to do?

can anyone who bold actor is?

i feel like seen him before?
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-15-2008 15:16

"now look what you made me do....damn it sam!!"   (happy clappying noises)  great ending!!
great episode - finally Todd comes around.
**small thing though, way is she still letting him (with his girlfriend especially) live in her apt?!?!

bald actor is Timothy Olyphant, you may remember him from titles such as:
Hitman
Die Hard 4
Deadwood
Go (loved him in this movie!!)
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-15-2008 15:50     Subject: Reply 70#70 kwargalla's post

I must concur...the ending WAS great, and I was clapping along with you.  It took him getting jealous to remember ow he felt/feels about Sam.  But I also agree that it makes NO sense that Todd & his girlfriend are still living in her apartment.

Also, thank you for IDing the suitor.  I recognized him, but could not remember where I knew him from.

Author: Milks26    Time: 4-15-2008 20:50     Subject: Reply 70#70 kwargalla's post

That's where I know the MF from.....I was looking at him the whole night trying to remember. I saw Die Hard 4 (about a month ago)....yes....his great bald

Of course I was right Bala....

It was nice episode...not funny like last week, but still great. I watched the epi on tv, but have to re-watch it on the site, because half of my attention was on the computer.
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-16-2008 14:16

i think sam should take it slow and  make both men work to see who will end up with her.  cause i must say the billionaire was working hard to be with her showing his true feelings (loved the snap and it snowed - i would have married him right there) Todd is acting on jealous feelings at the moment (not totally trustable feeling)

trustable - i think i'm making up words here
Author: Sweetp    Time: 4-17-2008 07:00     Subject: Reply 73#73 kwargalla's post

That kiss was hot, I love todd, is it wrong to say i'm happy his show 'what about Brian' got canceled because I love him on this new show, he is so hot.  But I think the billionaire is so hot too, I loved him in hitman, if i could have one night with him aaahhh , it would include him shaving his head and an semiautomatic
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2008 07:02     Subject: Reply 74#74 Sweetp's post

you have a dirty mind -remember this is an family friendly forum

it was good clifhanger but i was surprised at the ending
Author: Sweetp    Time: 4-17-2008 08:07     Subject: Reply 75#75 bala's post

I don't think there are any kids on this forum, hopefully not.
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2008 08:09     Subject: Reply 76#76 Sweetp's post

We never know try our best to be careful cartoon like X-Men, Justice League Unlimited you just don't know
Author: Sweetp    Time: 4-17-2008 08:20     Subject: Reply 77#77 bala's post

oh please you know darn well we adults watch those shows in secret I can't wait for the second x-men to get update I love the evolution version. And I love the original cause it actually has a season finale, not many cartoons do.
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-17-2008 08:20     Subject: Reply 76#76 Sweetp's post

Yes, there are young teens on the site...so please be mindful about that.

However, your post was not overly explicit...at least I don't think so.

Besides, the man looks great bald...much better than when he did Die Hard 4

Anyway, back to Sam Who:

The best part of the episode was when Todd blamed Sam for the kiss.

I've love JLU, X-Men...not the movies, if they add the 90s version of Batman....

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 4-17-2008 16:23 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 4-17-2008 08:22

I was watching it and I was like where do I know this guy from. Then it "hit" (I know, I'm just too funny) me right between the eyes and I remembered he was in Hitman.

I agree Sweetp. I think he is uber hot and way hotter than Todd. Although I did like that Todd and Sam kissed at the end.

ZZZzzz *Hitman*
Author: shinny    Time: 4-17-2008 08:36

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 4-15-2008 18:59  
guess you were right Milks26
You should print this out and frame it Milks
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-17-2008 10:13     Subject: Reply 81#81 shinny's post

Yeah! Coming from Bala I know what you mean
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2008 10:19     Subject: Reply 82#82 Milks26's post

Well you guys really think i can't admit when i'm wrong?
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-21-2008 17:27     Subject: Reply 83#83 bala's post

12. The Butterflies - 04/21/08

Sam sets Dena up on a date with her boss in order to persuade him to shut down a construction project that would destroy an endangered butterfly habitat. Meanwhile, Sam can't understand why Todd has been ignoring her ever since they shared a passionate kiss.
Author: bala    Time: 4-22-2008 08:39     Subject: Samantha Who? 1x12

Well what can i say about this episode just when you think she has changed we can see she hasn't,  she might not remember anything but she still knows how use people for her advantage poor Dana being pimped out so she can get what she wants but i don't care it just proves she is still same person as she was before yes she said she said sorry but that doesn't make a blind bit difference to me. This is first episode where we actually see she might try to change but she will never change. maybe i reading too much into this episode than look Todd realise he made a mistake should of knew that the kiss in previous episode was just a moment of weakness so now they are back at square 1?.
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-28-2008 09:58     Subject: Reply 85#85 bala's post

New Episode - tonight

13. The Gallery

In order to make it appear that she has moved on since her break up with Todd, Sam asks Craig (Jerry O'Connell "Crossing Jordan"); -- a complete stranger -- to accompany her to Todd's photo gallery exhibit. However, Sam discovers that she and Craig have already crossed paths in the past, and not in a positive way. Meanwhile, Howard discovers that one of Todd's photos on display features his daughter in a not-so-positive light.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-28-2008 19:36     Subject: Reply 85#85 bala's post

I don't agree that Sam hasn't changed.  She isn't going to do a complete 180, but she HAS made changes for the better.  

Episode 1x13 - The Gallery

The new episode is funny.  I love the twist of her past interaction with Craig.   Sam's Dad was hilarious, and Todd's revelation was quite interesting.  I also LOVED how Dena dealt with Andrea's "practical joke".

Back when everyone else has had a chance to see it.

Author: bala    Time: 4-29-2008 02:16     Subject: Reply 87#87 waterlilybarb's post

Well before that episode i would agree with you but i don't think people can change-everyone has traits in their DNA that make them different even if you lose your memory they still there in your DNA.
Author: Milks26    Time: 4-29-2008 08:42     Subject: Reply 88#88 bala's post

Bala, you are reading way too much into this...remember its a tv show...a comedy no less.

Sam will always have conflict with her good & bad side...that's the whole basis of the the show

Episode 13: was great.

I watched it on tv..... I loved the past connection between Sam and Craig....I did not see that coming at all. I had the same thoughts like Andrea,  he had Sam had a romp in the sac .....nicely done.

Author: bala    Time: 4-29-2008 08:58     Subject: Reply 89#89 Milks26's post

Yes i know just want see your reaction to it.

it was great episode but dana really is getting more funny with the boss-they are real odd couple and craig well it's funny how she remember him.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-29-2008 10:16     Subject: Reply 88#88 bala's post

I agree with Milks - you're reading far too much into it.  You're bringing up the whole nature vs nurture debate, which is an interesting one, but this IS a comedy show.  The main idea of it is, not only showing Sam recover her memory, but how, as she does, she deals with the conflicting sides of her nature.

Dena and the boss are most definitely an odd couple, but I'm loving how her character is developing.  She's funnier all the time.

Author: shinny    Time: 4-29-2008 10:30

I loved this new episode. It's actually such a shame that it's only about 20 minutes long !!!

Dena and The Boss are so funny. "Come here Breakfast" - I'm loving her new confidence too. It was great how she got back at Andrea !

Sam's Dad was hilarious when he was guarding the Picture. I thought it was funny when he said something like "I protected her honour on her prom night and I'm protecting it now" and then her Mum said something along the lines of basically he didn't. His face was priceless.
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-6-2008 09:30

The Affair - 05/05/08

Sam's affair with Todd continues while he's still seeing a clueless Chloe; Sam gets the idea that Regina is having a tryst of her own. Meanwhile, Andrea and Dena talk about opening up a coffee shop together

Author: Milks26    Time: 5-6-2008 10:16     Subject: Reply 93#93 Milks26's post

What an episode! Brilliant! Loved it.

Although, I want Sam and Todd to reunite eventually, its way to soon....he should stay with Chloe for now...she plays passive-aggressive/crazy well

Andrea & Dena had me cracking up.

Dena: He could MC on open-mic night.
Andrea: We're not having a open mic night
Dena: Huh! You said 'we'

Dena: I've never followed anyone before. Well once but, he wanted me to. I mean he told me not to, but he wanted me to.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 5-6-2008 18:18 ]
Author: bala    Time: 5-6-2008 11:37     Subject: Reply 94#94 Milks26's post

next week the season-finale ?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-6-2008 12:32     Subject: Reply 94#94 Milks26's post

I loved it too.   I agree, it's too soon for Sam & Todd to get back together, but there's still plenty of fodder for humorous situations.  Dena & Andrea crack me up, and Jean Smart is awesome as Regina.  She plays that kind of white-trash kind of character to perfection.  It's funny, because even though they aren't a trashy family, that's how she comes across, and I love it.
Author: Milks26    Time: 5-6-2008 16:13     Subject: Reply 96#96 waterlilybarb's post

Its a brilliant show.

& I agree Jean Smart does a superb job...the entire cast do.

Yes, Bala, the season finale is next week.
Author: bala    Time: 5-7-2008 02:32     Subject: Reply 94#94 Milks26's post

Your right this was a good episode i'm glad they are using the mother more because at times it gets annoying just focusing on sam but that still doesn't explain the flashback-was she having a job back than as well?.
Author: shinny    Time: 5-7-2008 03:38

Love this episode too. Loving Regina. She's a great actress.
Author: bala    Time: 5-7-2008 07:48     Subject: Reply 99#99 shinny's post

i wonder how season-finale is going to be?

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0