Board logo

Subject: Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-31-2008 17:36     Subject: Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Lost Season 4-6 Here

OK, it's on TV right now and I know people will want to chat about the new season right away.  For general discussion of season 4, this is the place to do it.  If you have specific things to chat about feel free to start a new thread, but try not to be repetitive (in thread topics).  As always...

Have Fun & Happy Viewing!

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 14:21 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-1-2008 10:54     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

OK, I just got to watch last night's episode.  Tough I wish it had been longer, it was GOOD!  Hurley was a surprise, and now we know of 3 of the people who got off the island.  I wonder who the other 3 are?  Also, I wonder what's gonna happen, since Hurley said he shouldn't have gone with Locke.   AND, was he hallucinating Jacob's cabin, or is it only visible some of the time?  Once again, we're left with more questions than answers.   Obviously, the Jack that visited Hurley in the hospital, is not the same man we met in the flash forward in the season finale...this is before that.  It's going to be fun trying to keep the timeline straight in my head.

What did the rest of you think?  I'm dying to know if others were satisfied, or if you feel the show has lost some momentum.

Author: shinny    Time: 2-2-2008 05:43     Subject: Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

I watched the recap of Seasons 1 through 3 and I found it really helpful.

4x01
There was so much going on with this opening episode, yet so many unanswered questions.

What exactly does the "Oceanic 6" mean? Are they the only ones who survived or the only ones who left the Island? Does that mean the rest are dead or just remained on the Island? Either way, in the flash forward, Jack doesn't want Hurley to talk about it. So is that because they want to protect their secrecy or is it because something happened to them?

Also, in the scene where Hurley sees Jacobs cabin, that was Jack's father inside. What significance is this & how did Hurley see it when we know the cabin is buried deep in the islan? Is this the "island" playing tricks and allowing the cabin to be seen when it feels like it?

What changes Jack's mind from never wanting to go back to wanting to go back?

We know that Hurley, Kate and Jack make up 3 or the Oceanic 6, so who are the other 3? Who was the one in the box, it could be Hurley either because we have not seen him in any of the more recent flash forwards?

It's also interesting to note that both Jack and Hurley being on "opposite sides" make it off the island, so they all must hook up again later.

I'm glad to see Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) appearing in this episode because I was a tad p'd off that they had killed him out of the show. I wonder will he continue to appear to Hurley or perhaps some of the others? Maybe to Jack after his heavy drinking begins, we already saw him hitting drink in the earlier flash forward.

So many questions........

I heard there is only 8 episodes this season, that's a bit of a bummer.

[ Last edited by shinny at 2-2-2008 13:44 ]
Author: camarin7    Time: 2-2-2008 11:56

They have only filmed 8 of the episodes so far because of the writers strike. There will be 16 episodes per season for 3 more seasons. The series will end in 2010.

Shinny, you wrote: "We know that Hurley, Kate and Jack make up 3 or the Oceanic 6, so who are the other 3? Who was the one in the box, it could be Hurley either because we have not seen him in any of the more recent flash forwards?"

What box are you talking about?

Did you see the way Jack and Kate looked at the guy who parachuted onto the island? What's with that?

As for the Oceanic 6, I'm starting to think that the 6 were the only few who left the island, and everyone else is still on the island. Jack and Hurley are keeping it a secret because people are still trying to find the island.

If everyone else had died, why would Jack want to return?

[ Last edited by camarin7 at 2-2-2008 15:57 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-2-2008 12:10     Subject: Reply 3#3 shinny's post

You raised most of the questions that I was left with too, Shinny.

I had a couple more, like why did Hurley lie about knowing Ana-Lucia?  Is Michael one of the Oceanic 6...and Hurley's trying to protect him?

Since we know it was Christian Hurley saw in the cabin, who's eye was it that Hurley saw...and how did Locke just happen to be there when Hurley was freaking out?  

Regarding who was in the coffin...I really don't think it was Hurley, unless he lost a massive amount of weight post-Island.  That box was of average size...and the obit said the person who died was survived by a teenage son.

Author: shinny    Time: 2-2-2008 13:23

camarin7, as Barb mentioned below I was referring to the coffin

Barb, yeh that's true about the coffin.

That's a good theory about Hurley protecting Michael too.
Author: gaiusx    Time: 2-3-2008 12:18

I also read a summary for  a sayid episode in SciFi Now, i think it was episode 5) that refered to him as one of the oceanic 6 so that leaves two
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-3-2008 13:02     Subject: Reply 7#7 gaiusx's post

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remember to label spoilers.  I know the thread title does, but that's for people who may be behind in the series or season.  If you're going to mention something about a FUTURE episode please label it.  Personally, I really don't like to know what's going to happen.  I like to find out when I watch the show.  If it's labeled, I can skip it and come back to it later...usually at the end of the season.
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-3-2008 15:15

I didn't seem to remember when Hurley said that he went with Locke, I thought he said he should have gone with Locke and that's how he ended up back home.  I'll go back and watch, I'm always wrong about these things.

I know that there's something healing about the island and when they left, they went back to their old problems.   If it were me with my current health problems and I was healed on that island, I would have a very hard time if I came back.  It seems like all the main characters had nothing to come back to,  so if any of them left, they shouldn't have.

I'm glad they showed Charlie, too.  It made it clear that he was really dead and not one of these characters that suddenly show up alive, later.

I wonder if the guy in the box is Locke, but it could also be Ben or Jacob.
Author: shinny    Time: 2-3-2008 15:24     Subject: Reply 9#9 desertdarlene's post

He definitely said he was sorry he went with Locke and should have gone with Jack. To which Jack says, it's not an issue.

Whoever is in the box is not someone who is very much liked (remember Kate's reaction to going) So it could be either of who you mentioned.
Author: gaiusx    Time: 2-3-2008 21:34

sorry barb but it was in an episode summary  they were given by the creators so its not just something leaked onto the internet (SciFi now is a british magazine not an internet site). So I'm sure like with Hurley it would be revealed straight away in his FF and like hurley something else would be the bigger mystrey. But in future i will put spoiler warnings like below.

Minor SPOILERS (and i mean very minor same as you get from reading a tv guide summary)

episode 3 (The Economist) is the sayid episode i previously mentioned
episode 4 (Eggtown) is a kate episode in which we find out if she's pregnant or not
episode 7(Ji Yeon) is a Sun & Jin
episode 8 Michael returns to the island (okay that sounds like a big spoiler if you haven't read hes returning anywhere but anyone whos read anything about the new series knew he was returning anyway)

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 2-4-2008 05:35 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-3-2008 21:44     Subject: Reply 11#11 gaiusx's post

Thank you.  Minor spoilers, like the ones in TV Guide are fine.  I'm just so gun shy after what happened at the end of last season...and grateful I didn't read that massive spoiler...that I avoid as much as possible.
Author: gaiusx    Time: 2-5-2008 16:51

yeah i didn't see the end of last series til about 4 months after it aired but was lucky enough not to have anybody tell me about it. Don't worry i would never tell anything big becasue i wouldn't go seaking it out anyway.

glad you understood.
Author: federex    Time: 2-8-2008 16:50

Im even more confused after seeing the first 2 new episodes than I was before
Author: SirAlain    Time: 2-9-2008 14:50

Will we be seeing more of Naomi in future episodes (as flashbacks)?
And if that's not enough, we now have to deal with 4 new characters.

I'm still thinking why Richard (below) doesn't age. Does anyone have answers/theories?

Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-9-2008 15:20

I just saw the 2/7/08 episode and I can't wait to see why the four  want Ben.  The photo they showed of him seem to indicate that he has been off the island very recently (it looks like he's in a terminal or office that is not on the island).  It makes me wonder who he really is and why they want him so badly.  

And, why is there a medium in the group of four new characters?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-9-2008 15:31     Subject: Reply 16#16 desertdarlene's post

Finally!  Someone to talk about the episode with.  

I have the same questions, especially about Ben.  He knew exactly who those people were, and why they were there.  One thing that was a bit confusing for a while, during the episode, was trying to figure out whether they were in a flashback or flashforward.  I sussed it, but with both options, it takes some concentration.

I'm still on the fence about Juliet.  I really can't tell if she indeed does want to get off the island or if she's just playing along with some plan of Ben's.

What about the guy who recruited the foursome?  He was the same guy in last week's flashforward who went to see Hurley.  I know he's supposed to be a new character this season, but I want to know what his agenda is.

Any other thoughts?

Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-9-2008 17:36

I wondered, also, about that guy, too, but I have some bad feelings.  I wonder if he works for Oceanic Airlines, but I don't know.  He referred to the group as being on some kind of  "operation" like a military operation.  And, what's with the dig in Tunisia and the bear collar with the Dharma symbol on it?  So many questions that I hope are answered.
Author: shinny    Time: 2-9-2008 17:53

Well, when I saw the medium guy I thought "ah no, they are not going to tell us that everyone did actually die and this guy is there to speak to their spirits" but thankfully everyone else saw them, so that is not the case.

We know this is something to do with Darma because Charlotte (in their flashback) was on an excavation and she found a "polar" bear in the desert !!

Not sure how Ben fits into all of this, but he is a shady character.

And what about the helicopter pilot being the pilot who was supposed to fly the Oceanic flight that day? Also, there is a clear cover up going on here as the Pilot they identified was not the correct person.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-9-2008 18:40     Subject: Reply 19#19 shinny's post

Oh, there's definitely a cover up.  Remember how they were told that no one was looking for them because the world thinks they're dead.  The opening shots were the news reports of the crashed plane wreckage supposedly having been found.  The thing is, who is covering it up?  It surely has something to do with someone's interest in the Dharma Initiative, seeing, as you said, that Charlotte found the polar bear AND Dharma collar on the dig.

I wasn't worried that they were all dead, because the creators and producers have promised that they wouldn't cop out like that.

Author: silver1978    Time: 2-10-2008 05:35

Right now, I am just too confused about whats going on LOL There is so much new stuff coming through that I haven't had time to sort it all out in my head and form a theory or opinion on this. It's definitely keeping me interested, which was something I was worried about this season.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-14-2008 19:22

OH MY GOODNESS!  Tonight's episode was AWESOME!  I miss my old roommate...we used to watch it together.  Now, it's just me talking to the TV screen, yelling...NO, and I KNEW IT! LOL

Any theories as to why Sayid was so interested in Naomi's body?  

Since it hasn't aired on the site yet, I don't want to give too much away, but, man...that was good.

Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-14-2008 19:41

I haven't seen the episode, yet, but I can't wait.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-14-2008 19:53     Subject: Reply 23#23 desertdarlene's post

You'll love it Darlene.  It's getting really good.    

So glad the strike is over, because we'll get 13 episodes this season now.  I can't wait until next week to find out what happens next.

Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 2-14-2008 19:53     Subject: Reply 22#22 waterlilybarb's post

I concur, that was an excellent episode. I'm dying to see what, or who is on the freighter, that should be interesting. Also, I was surprised to see, how far Ben goes, in the future. Although, he doesn't seem to have, changed his ways, eh?

I thought the season, was 23 or so episodes. Do you mean, now they'll have time to tape the rest, before the 13 are aired

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 2-14-2008 22:55 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-15-2008 09:37     Subject: Reply 25#25 gypsiegirl66's post

They already had 8 done before the strike, so they only have to write and film 5 more episodes for the rest of this season.  I don't think we'll have the repeat-free season we were supposed to have though.  I know they have said the production time is longer on this show than for most, one reason being that everything is shot on location, and much is outdoors, which leaves them at the mercy of the weather.  It also takes more time in post-production, making sure the continuity is right and, they have new music composed for every episode.  Thankfully we're only up to episode 3, so that gives them 5 or 6 weeks before a new one is due.  I'm sure they'll have a couple ready by then, at least.
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-15-2008 10:15

Aaaaargh!  

The show started alright, but then the screen went haywire!  It had a big line in the middle and then started  "flipping" sideways.  I couldn't see anything!  It was on the station or network side, not my TV (which I have 2 that were doing the same thing).  But, I was able to hear everything and I did see, clearly,  the last 5 or 10 minutes.  I'm going to re-watch it on the computer because I know there's stuff that I missed.

I do wonder how Sayid and Ben ended up with the relationship that they did.  Everyone seems to have gone crazy since leaving the island.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-15-2008 10:37     Subject: Reply 27#27 desertdarlene's post

What a drag!  I hate when things like that happen.

I definitely agree, it does seem like everyone who left the island has lost their mind.  I'll be interested to find out why.

Author: usmania    Time: 2-16-2008 06:49     Subject: New Lost The Economist Episodes Your Veiws

This episode revolved all around Syed who is my favourite character but it was a bit weird at the end when we found out he was working for Ben. I am bit a confused now just wanted to see what your views/thoughts were on this episode.
Author: slade01    Time: 2-16-2008 07:07     Subject: Reply 1#1 usmania's post

I think that the economist might be someone who was behind the whole Darma thing that put the original inhabitants on the island.  
I think the whole deal with Syed and Ben is weird and I hope they explain it a lot more as the series goes on and not leave it as a lingering storyline until late on in the series
Author: usmania    Time: 2-16-2008 08:33     Subject: Reply 2#2 slade01's post

I agree with you there slade01.
Author: silver1978    Time: 2-16-2008 11:22

So who are the 6? Are there only 6 alive? This is what I have been thinking about.
We have Kate, Jack, Hurley, and Sayid so far right? That leaves two more? Argh I almost wish I could just stop myself from watching so I could see the whole season at one time!
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-18-2008 17:21

And, we have Ben, too, but I don't know if he qualifies as part of the 6 because I think he could always get off the island when he needed to.

Did anyone noticed the experiment with the rockets (payload) that Faraday did?  There seems to be some kind of time distortion going on there with the two clocks.  I kinda expected something like this.  I would like to know more about that experiment.  I know the island has a connection with a strong magnetic field and I also wonder about it being "out of phase" or something like that, too.  Maybe I'm just thinking too hard.  
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-19-2008 10:28     Subject: Reply 30#30 desertdarlene's post

If you're thinking too hard, then my brain is about to explode.   That experiment was fascinating, but it just added to my growing list of questions.  I don't know exactly what my theory is regarding the time distortion...whether they are living somewhere that times moves slower (which would explain Richard's appearance), or if the island is in a slightly different dimension..."out of phase".  Too many questions!

As for Ben, since he wasn't on the plane, I don't think he would be considered one of the "Oceanic 6".  It will be interesting to see who the other 2 are.  Since in Desmond's vision Claire and Aaron got off the island, I think she may be one of them, but am not sure if Aaron would count since he was born on the island and wasn't on the flight manifest.  Maybe only Aaron survives, and is who Kate is taking care of.  Again...my brain is about to explode.

Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-19-2008 19:05     Subject: Reply 31#31 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I mentioned Ben.  It dawned on me that he wasn't on the plane, the same with Desmond and Aaron, too.  I wish they would move the storyline a little faster.
Author: Puppet125    Time: 2-21-2008 14:19

1. 8/10 episode
2. I would have liked the twist at the end to be someone other than Ben, maybe Charles Widmore or Abbadon or someone
3. Sayid, not Syed
Author: silver1978    Time: 2-22-2008 10:00

[b]Episode 4x4 - EGGTOWN[/b]
Whoooo. What were our relavations there? Kate is taking care of Aaron. Everyone thinks Aaron is hers. Jack is upset about Aaron and Kate. The story they are telling the world about the crash and its aftermath is far different from reality.

So why is Jack so upset?
Why did they make up the story?
Why are there only 8 "survivors?" Did they say 8 survivors? Did the rest stay behind away from the world?
Is Claire dead? I can't see her letting her baby go if she isn't.

We still don't know who the other two are.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-22-2008 11:43     Subject: Reply 37#37 silver1978's post

Another great, if confusing, episode.

I figured, when Kate started talking about her son, that it was Aaron. (see my #34 from last week)

I have no idea what is going on with regard to the story they're telling.  
Jack did say there were only 8 survivors, and said that Kate saved 6 lives.  I'm assuming Claire is either dead or still on the island, but more probably - dead.  
I think by the time we see Jack so upset (as in last season's finale) it is quite a while after they have returned, and he needs to go back.  I think that they must have left people behind...maybe because some of them chose to stay on the island.  

What was with Miles trying to extort Ben?  I thought the main idea was to bring him back to their boss.

How about Sun wanting to go back to Korea?  I know it's home, but her father is one scary man.  I wouldn't want to bring my child into a potentially dangerous situation, especially after the ordeal of surviving on this strange island for 3+ months.

And I was hoping to find out at least one other member of the Oceanic 6.  But they may be saving that reveal for a while.

It gets more confusing every week.  I bet the conspiracy theorists are LOVING it.

Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-22-2008 20:33

The next episode looks very interesting.  I am beginning to really think that there's some kind of time distortion going on here.   Also, it looked to me that Aaron is a Down's syndrome baby, am I the only one who noticed that?  Perhaps something happened when they returned that changed him.  Maybe he aged too rapidly.  He seemed to be able to speak really well, but still looked like a baby.

Did anyone else noticed that Jack said there were only 8 survivors?  So, who were the other two?  I assume the story they told were that they died during or after the crash.  Maybe there really were only 8 survivors left by the time they left the island.  But, then, why would Ben be recruiting Sayid to "protect his friends"?

This was an awesome episode and the next one looks really good, too.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-22-2008 21:10     Subject: Reply 39#39 desertdarlene's post

You weren't the only one seeing things Darlene.  I thought Aaron looked like he had Down's syndrome at first too, but at closer inspection...not so much.  I haven't yet figured out how long they are supposed to be off the island, so it's hard to say how old Aaron is.

I'm curious about the other 2 survivors as well.  Jack said only 8 people survived the crash, and he said the Marshall died in the crash, so he's just a big old liar all around.

I was a little bummed, because I taped the show and watched it today.  The previews for next week's episode got cut off.   I hate when that happens, but am grateful I didn't miss any of the actual show.

Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2008 07:01

[flash]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0cWVI9UYez8[/flash] [ Last edited by bala at 2-23-2008 15:04 ]
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-23-2008 16:47

King Bala, did you have something you wanted to mention?  
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-23-2008 17:14

That was a really good episode. I heard 8 survived but 2 later died. (of injuries) Who are the six. I don't think Ben counts as he can leave when he wants to. Sayid, Hurley, Jack and Kate. Maybe Aaron now too.  I think the boss after Ben is Penny's Father.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-23-2008 17:30     Subject: Reply 42#42 desertdarlene's post

He tried to put up the video of next week's promo but it didn't work.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 2-23-2008 22:10

What "side effects" ?

GAH!
Author: shinny    Time: 2-25-2008 07:20

I definitely think there is some sort of Time Lag on the island. Do you remember when the shot the thing from the boat an it took something like 30 minutes to get there, instead of 2/3?!! So there is something in that.

I guessed that Aaron was the baby too, but why would that upset Jack so much? Obviously something happened. Maybe we are assuming that the rest stayed behind, but maybe they actually all died?! I can't see Claire giving Aaron over willingly.

At the beginning I thought that Kate might be pregnant and that's why she left the island (because of the whole dying thing !!) but obviously that's not where they were going with why she left.

You have to ask why did Kate leave the Island after Myles told her what he told her. Logically you'd assume she'd stay, but something must have happened to make her leave.

More questions than answers !!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-29-2008 13:26     Subject: The Constant - Episode 4 x 5

WOW!  That's all I have to say.  What a GREAT episode!  I don't even know where to begin.

First, the confirmation and explanation of the time-travel Desmond has experienced is a really nice reward for all of us who have been so patient.  His phone reunion with Penny was lovely.  I got a little teary.

Then there was Charles Widmore...buying the BLACK ROCK journal at an auction.  The owner of the journal?  None other than Tovard HANSO.  Not sure how he's related, but must certainly be a relative of our old friend Alvar Hanso...founder of the Hanso Foundation, and major funder of The Dharma Initiative.  Cool!  Very nice tie in with the two characters.  

Now for some questions.  Who opened the sick bay door?  We know Ben has a spy on the boat, and I've read some speculations as to who it may be.  One theory, which actually makes sense to me, is that it's Michael.  Harold Perrineau has been listed in the main credits since the season started, yet we haven't seen him yet.  It seems quite plausible that he could be on that boat.  And knowing as we do, through the flashforwards in previous episodes, once people leave the island they seem inexplicably (for now at least) drawn back to it and/or Ben.

Another question I have...considering the closing shot on Faraday's journal...is, is he stuck in time?  If so, for how long has it been going on?  Should he have been wearing protection on his head while doing all those experiments with radiation?  The answer to that last question is rhetorical, since that's just common sense...yes he should.

I can't think of any others at the moment, but can't wait to hear what the rest of you think.  Absolutely my favourite episode this season, so far.

Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 2-29-2008 17:43     Subject: Reply 47#47 waterlilybarb's post

Yes indeed this was an emotional episode!!!  I was a bit teared up myself at the end of this one too. Desmond and Penny's reunion was so, overwhelming and realistic.

Yes, I think that it could be Michael on the boat, that has been my thoughts anyway. We haven't seen anyone else, that is off the island, to have the motives to bring Ben down.

As far as Faraday, is he stuck in time, I don't know, I'm not sure how this whole time travel works. I  was thinking that he wrote that, when he met Desmond, just in case he got in the same situation. You make a good point though, ok head really now!!

I am really wishing, this was a full season, there's only three more episodes left and then a BIG cliffhanger.    

Author: desertdarlene    Time: 2-29-2008 18:40

Wow, I really enjoyed that episode.  I didn't think of Michael being Ben's agent on the boat, but I think it definitely makes sense!  

I hope it didn't confuse anyone who is not following closely.  On other sites, I've been hearing people say that they are so confused with that show before this season started.  I've never had a problem following the show, though.  

That was such a fun episode.  Next week, it's going to be Juliette's turn.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-29-2008 22:16     Subject: Reply 48#48 gypsiegirl66's post

At least they're coming back with 5 more episodes for this season in the spring.  It could have been worse...we could have had to wait another year for any new episodes.

Reply #49 desertdarlene's post

I haven't found it hard to follow either, but I like the complexity of the show, and the style of it's story telling.  

Juliette's episode should be good, but my favourites so far in the series have been Desmond's & Locke's episodes.  Though each character is interesting, for some reason, I find the stories of these two the most fascinating to watch unfold.

Author: studiojek    Time: 3-2-2008 08:52

Hi Lost watchers! I waited until I was all caught up on all the seasons before coming into the forum, for fear of learning something I didn't want to know!

Here are some of the points I've been pondering:

1. The bracelet that Sayid took off Naomi was engraved from "R.G."  Then we saw that same bracelet was on Elsa's wrist...?

2. I also thought that Aaron looked a little off, like he had Down's or was unusually large...but he's always sort of been exceptionally large (LOL Charlie called him 'turnip-head'). I'm not sure a baby of that age could 'act' sick though, because right after he was fine.

3. When Kate goes to meet Jack at the airport, she says she doesn't have much time to talk because "he'll ask where she is." Was she talking about Aaron?

4. I think the picture Miles has of Ben is from an airport, it looked like he was going through security. I also think that Miles' request for '3.2 million dollars' was a code. Maybe Ben and the boat are actually working together?

5. I think the man who claimed to be an Oceanic lawyer (but was actually Naomi's boss) asked if they 'were still alive' because he found out their story about only being 8 survivors (the story Jack told at Kate's trial) wasn't true.

6. One theory I have about the man in the coffin is that it was Sawyer (much as it breaks my heart to say so!). Just a hunch.

Ok, that's it (well, not really, but asking all the questions and not answering any is making my brain explode too!!).

Thoughts?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-2-2008 09:40     Subject: Reply 51#51 studiojek's post

1. The bracelet is obviously from the same person, but I don't think it's the same one.  Since the episode was entitled The Economist, I'm assuming R.G. is the economist who Naomi and Elsa both worked for.  Maybe Richard...our ageless man, is R.G.

4. I don't think Miles and Ben are working together, but Ben definitely has someone on the boat as a spy.  Why Miles wants specifically 3.2 million is still a mystery to me.

5. Matthew Abbadon is the name of the man you are referring to.  I think he already knows the truth about the island and the survivors and asked that to see if anyone would change their story.

6. It's possible, but the obit said the man who died was survived by a teenage son.  Sawyer has a young daughter , but no sons we're aware of, so I don't think it's him.  I think it might be Michael.  

Author: studiojek    Time: 3-2-2008 10:00     Subject: Reply 52#52 waterlilybarb's post

1. Yes, definitely possible. He's the only "R" we know of right now anyway.

6. Yes, Michael is definitely a possiblity now that I think about it. Or maybe Ben or Locke, maybe they have sons we'll find about later!?

Man, I am such a conspiracy theorist LOL!!
Author: shinny    Time: 3-2-2008 14:01

Wow, I'm in bits after that episode. What are we like?!! I totally welled up when Desmond and Penny were talking. Awh, so lovely.

I haven't much more to add than has already been said, but this season gets better and better.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 3-2-2008 15:15

I am so happy with this Desmond episode. And Penny's dad is Mr. Meade!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-2-2008 15:44     Subject: Reply 55#55 SirAlain's post

I'm a little stumped.  Is Mr. Meade a character from another show?
Author: shinny    Time: 3-2-2008 15:47     Subject: Reply 56#56 waterlilybarb's post

He's in Ugly Better. Daniel's & Alexa's Father. He was also Jim in Neighbours (Aussie Soap) and he was in the OC.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 3-7-2008 15:53

So Dr. Harper has some kind of power too? Just like Richard?
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 3-7-2008 19:50

I'm wondering if Ben has something like what Desmond has in terms of being able to see the future.  Juliette said something about it when she found Goodwin dead, she said:  "You knew this would happen!" and was mad that he could have stopped it, but didn't.

I think the likelihood that Michael is Ben's agent on the boat is good, especially when he told Locke to "sit down" when he was about to tell him who it was.   That meant that Locke had to know who he was going to mention.  Of course, they didn't reveal that to the audience.

The fact that Widmore may be the one financing the boat is interesting because when the big magnetic blow up (the blue beam that turned the sky purple) happened, Penny got some kind of strange call about it a couple of seasons back.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-10-2008 16:53     Subject: Reply 59#59 desertdarlene's post

I finally got to watch this episode and was a slightly underwhelmed.  Other than finding out Widmore is the boss and owner of the boat it didn't feel very satisfying, especially compared to last week's episode.  I'm assuming Widmore is "The Economist" that Sayid was trying to kill.  There were also more allusions to his ties with the Hanso Foundation, ie: the map Faraday had of the island.  It must have been from the Black Rock journal he purchased at the auction.

I don't think Ben can see into the future.  I think Juliette meant that Ben's entire reason for sending Goodwin out there was to get him killed.  He's proving to be even creepier than I already knew him to be.  Do you think he still has some kind of power over Juliette, or was she just warning Jack that getting close to her is dangerous?

Reply 58#58 SirAlain's post

As for Dr. Harper Stanhope, I don't think she has any powers.  I have a strong feeling that the people we see, who disappear as quickly as they appeared, are involved in time travel research.  From what we learned in "The Constant", time on the island is running at a different pace than everywhere else.  It's highly possible that the Others have been able to learn how to use this to their advantage.  Their appearances from seemingly nowhere can be explained by their being unstuck in time.  This could also explain the whispers in the jungle.  They could be residual voices from the time outside of the island catching up to island time.

OK, I guess this episode was more interesting than I originally thought.

Author: studiojek    Time: 3-12-2008 10:24     Subject: Episode 6

Boooooring. I know, I know, they can't all be like The Constant, sometimes they need episodes like this to give us little pieces of useful information, but I can't think of many things we learned that we didn't already know. We did find out for sure of the link with Whidmore, and we learned according to Harper that Juliet looks "just like her," whatever that means. We know that we THINK Dan and Charlotte aren't all that bad, but that they are against Ben.

Anyway, I was disappointed, it felt like a filler episode which isn't much fun after all our months of waiting from the strike!
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 3-14-2008 08:56

So, they had a flashback and flash-forward in this episode, eh?  That was a nice trick, but I don't think it was a good idea.  Did anyone see the date on the headstone at the end?  I though I saw a 2004 and a 9, but I couldn't see the rest, I might go back and look.  Since, a couple of episodes back, Desmond saw the date as December 24,2004, that would mean his death happened in the next few days of the story.  Or, perhaps the 9 is for September.  Wouldn't that be the month they originally crashed?  

Perhaps I got the numbers wrong, I hope someone will enlighten me.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-14-2008 10:10     Subject: Reply 62#62 desertdarlene's post

Episode 4x7 - Ji Yeon

I thought it was a great idea.  It had me guessing through the whole episode, as I was trying to figure out when Jin was.  His hair-do was a slight giveaway since it looked a little passé, as was his cell phone...but I was SO wanting him to be there.   As for the date on the headstone, I'll have to recheck it.  I wonder if he's really dead or still on the island and Sun has to play along or doesn't know.

I was SO happy when Sun slapped Juliet across the face for telling Jin about her affair.  She definitely had it coming.  I was also glad to see Bernard again.  I do like him.  AND, I was delighted when Jin went back to Sun after fishing and told her he understood why she did what she did.  Great storyline.

From this episode, it seems like Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6...since we were told ahead of time that this episode would tell us who the remaining member/s was.  So the 6 are: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Aaron, and Sun.  Interesting mix.  We also finally had it confirmed that Michael IS Ben's man on the boat...no surprise, but his name is now Kevin Johnson?  I wonder where Walt is?  Maybe next week's episode will fill in some gaps on that front, since it's entitled "Meet Kevin Johnson".

p.s.  I'll get back to you when I have a chance to recheck the numbers on the headstone.  You've got me curious now.  They could easily have been the date of the crash, since all the returnees are living this big lie, and supposedly only 8 people survived the crash (according to Jack's story on the witness stand).  It would make sense that his tombstone would have his date of death in September of 2004.

Author: SirAlain    Time: 3-14-2008 12:55     Subject: Reply 63#63 waterlilybarb's post

I think this Ji Yeon episode was a homage to the Asian horror films! It kept us in suspense all throughout and then the shocking, unexpected twist at the end... I also like how they incorporated time within the subplots: Sun - flash forward & Jin - flashback.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-14-2008 13:12     Subject: Reply 64#64 SirAlain's post

I really liked that too...the incorporation of time into the subplots.  I was talking about it with my Mum today, and she finds it so confusing...not knowing when people are.  She couldn't figure out why they told Jin it was a boy, when Sun had had a girl.   It clicked when I explained it to her, but all these time differences are throwing her for a loop.
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 3-14-2008 19:05

I watched it again and was able to see the dates, close-up, on the head stone.  There were two rows on the right side.  One said "11-27-1974" which is probably his birth date.  The other said  "9-22-2004" which, I think, is the day the plane crashed.  Otherwise, I don't know why they'd pick that date.  I assume it's Jin that's supposed to be in that grave, too by the way she is talking.  

I think you're right about it being part of the big lie they are living.  It's entirely possible that Jin stayed on the island or is doing something else that's secretive.  

And, who are we supposed to trust, the Captain, or Michael?  Michael is working with Ben, who I still think is a very bad person and the Captain's story is very logical and convincing.  Now, I'm really wondering about Ben and how he staged the plane crash and why.  And, how did these new people know about him and about the temple?
Author: studiojek    Time: 3-16-2008 08:37

Well this episode was much better than last week's, but I still feel like they're creating more questions than they're answering and it's getting frustrating!!

I did like the flashforward/back confusion, though of course I was sad to discover that Jin wasn't going to be there for his daughter. I believe personally that the rest of the people were left behind on the island (the non-Oceanic 6) and that the 6 who got off were chosen to perform some sort of task together, though of course besides Sayid we don't quite understand what that is. It will be interesting to find out!
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 3-21-2008 17:55

Well, the March 20th episode aired and I think a shootout is about to happen.  It's funny that each side blames the other for the fake plane crash.  I still think Ben is evil and don't believe his story, but could I be wrong?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-21-2008 18:50     Subject: Reply 68#68 desertdarlene's post

Episode 4x8 - Meet Kevin Johnson

Ben's story might not be a lie, but I still think he's evil.  Just hearing him tell Michael that he could be "one of the good guys" too, made me gag.  But he's one of those deliciously evil baddies, that I love to hate.

This episode kind of left me hanging.  The timeline of the events was rather wonky, and who cares if Tom is gay?  I wanted to know how Michael & Walt got rescued.  Instead, we got the story of how he was recruited by Ben.  Considering the crash only happened a little over 3 months ago (island time), what would convince him to return so soon?  I could understand it better if it had been months, like in last season's finale when Jack was losing his mind, but SO SOON?  Come on.

Why Danielle would listen to a word out of Ben's mouth is beyond me.  I know she loves her daughter and believes that, in his warped way, Ben loves Alex too, but why listen to the man that kidnapped your child?  I hope she's not dead.  I think Karl is though, which was most likely part of Ben's plan.

We did get the answer to where the bodies came from, and why they weren't recovered.  We also found out that the island won't let certain people die.  I think Tom jammed Michael's gun, but stranger things have been known to happen.  Other than that, we didn't learn much...oh, except there's ANOTHER Dharma location on the island, called The Temple.  Just how big is this island anyway?  

Well, 5 more weeks before we get any more answers...I mean questions...  It's beginning to do my head in.

Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 3-21-2008 20:28

Ok, I know this is about a few episodes back, but it's still a lingering question.
I see that some of you are still wondering why Jack doesn't want to see Claire's baby Aaron. Well, I have a theory, it may be the reason and it may not.

Do you all remember why Jack's Dad went down under to begin with? Well if you don't let me refresh you memory, it was to find his long lost daughter, and that long lost daughter, just happened to be Claire. Anyone catching on yet? I thought so....

Yes, I beleive that Jack won't see the baby because Claire was his sister and he couldn't save her, and he is consumed with guilt, or because his father had Claire out of wedlock, while married to his mom. The latter would make sense given Kate's reaction outside the courthouse.

Maybe not these exact reasons, but I think it has something to do with her being his sister. He may not know now, but I believe he finds out either before he leaves the island or shortly after he gets off.

I also, do not think they are all dead, I think that most if all are alive. I think they are lying to protect the others from being found. I do think that Claire dies, I don't think Aaron would be with Kate otherwise.

Also, something bugging me, didn't Des say that if Charlie flipped the switch which led to his death, that he saw BOTH Claire and Aaron on the rescue helicopter? Does that mean that Claire gets on the chopper and is then somehow killed? This is just another one of those things that is bugging me.
Too much confusion, head about to explode->

Any opinions   

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-23-2008 00:58 ]
Author: studiojek    Time: 3-23-2008 01:10     Subject: Reply 70#70 gypsiegirl66's post

I agree that it has something to do with Claire being his sister. As for Desmond's vision of the helicopter, my guess is that Claire will be killed getting into the helicopter, and Kate will grab Aaron and get him to safety.

So, my thoughts about this episode (Meet Kevin Johnson):

Sayid 'outed' Michael to use him as leverage to get some info from the Captain. Or else, Sayid just knows how Ben plays people and thinks that this is another one of those situations. We do know that Sayid eventually ends up working for Ben, too, though...

I think the idea that Whidmore simply wants the island to turn it into a tourist trap is a lie - not when there are so many crazy scientific things related to that island. I have a feeling he needs the island to get back in time for something....or something equally metaphysical!

I think that Ben purposely sent Carl to get murdered but didn't account for Rousseau (though I don't think he'll lose sleep over it). I am not convinced that they're actually dead though...I would be love a Rousseau flashback however...I've always wondered if there is some relation between Rousseau and Ben that we don't know about yet.

Never liked Michael, never ever. This episode (though I'll admit the actor playing him did a great job) brought that old familiar annoyance with him back!

I give this episode a B in my own book! Good back story and some of our questions answered, but not enough action - and NOT ENOUGH SAWYER - that's 4 weeks in a row now!!!
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 3-23-2008 19:35

I agree, not the best episode.  I don't think Rouseau is really dead, either, but it faking it.   I noticed that they didn't show her bleeding like they did Carl.   And, I think Ben knows something when he said  to Alex that "you mother will see to [her protection]".  Either he can "see" into the future like Desmond could, or he knows who the shooters are and who they would want to kill.  I'd bet that the people who did the shooting are Ben's "people".
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-23-2008 19:43     Subject: Reply 72#72 desertdarlene's post

That's what I think too.  I think he wanted Karl dead, because he didn't like that he helped Kate & Sawyer, or that he & Alex were a couple.  How dare someone come between him and "daddy's little girl". BLECH!  Also, Alex was more defiant of Ben with Karl at her side.  The "Others" have been known to kill their own before, when they see fit...or rather when Ben sees fit.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-23-2008 22:03     Subject: REMINDER!

LOST starts up again this week!  Don't forget to tune in and then come back and share your thoughts.
Author: studiojek    Time: 4-24-2008 10:16     Subject: Reply 74#74 waterlilybarb's post

I'm so excited for the new Lost!!!!!

I was thinking maybe we should continue our discussion in separate episode threads, so that nobody who wants to partake risks any spoilers?
Author: studiojek    Time: 4-26-2008 12:08     Subject: Lost Season 4 Episode 9 discussion

I thought I'd start a separate thread for this episode discussion so we can chat without anyone having to worry about spoilers! So, if you haven't seen this episode yet, close up this thread!

My random thoughts on Episode 9:

Great things about this episode:

This is the first time we saw Ben lose! And I felt badly for him, up until the very moment he tricked Sayid into playing his war and walked away smiling. Darn, even I fell for that one, I really thought Ben was being sincere. Stupid on my part!

I loved that Sawyer is now a big-hearted mama bear looking after all his little cubbies!

I love that Ben, Hurley and Locke are going after Jacob together!

I love that Bernard knows morse code! Now, what the heck, the doctor's dead in this time and space but not on the boat's time and space?

The opening scene with Locke, Sawyer and Hurley with Aaron on his knee! Sawyer: "Don't worry Chicken Little, the sky's not falling just yet."

Annoying thing about this episode:

That Miles was in it. I just can not stand him. And I'm convinced that all this talk of "3.2 million dollars" is a code for something else.

Things this episode answered for us:

Ben controls the buzzing black thingee.

Why/how Ben got Sayid to work for him.

A small (very small!) glimpse into the Ben/Whidmore connection.

More questions this episode added to the lot:

What the heck is up with Jack looking like death's come for a long visit?

Is Rousseau really dead without us getting any history on her?

Ok, now your turn!...
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 4-26-2008 15:33

I know that in the previews for next week, it seems that Jack's appendix has busted, so I'd bet that will be significant in getting him off the island.

I'm surprised that Sayid fell so easily for Ben's lie about who killed his wife.  I didn't see any writing on that photograph that Ben showed him that proves his story.  But, Sayid must have been feeling a lot of anger at that time.  I would guess that Ben managed to keep him working for him with other lies.

I thought the interaction between Ben and Widmore was interesting.  Widmore pretty much said he found the island first.  I am also convinced that Widmore is probably unusually old and may have been involved with the sailing of the Black Rock in the late 1800s and the reason why it is on the island in the first place.  Who knows, it's possible that the island keeps people from aging.  

OK, those are my crazy thoughts.  
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-26-2008 16:52     Subject: Reply 2#2 desertdarlene's post

On Widmore - I don't know if I think he's really old, but his interest in the island is unusually great.  I wonder if he had an ancestor on The Black Rock and is a descendant of one of the original islanders and a shipwreck survivor.  He says the island is his, yet, he doesn't know how to find it.  Curious.

On Sayid & Ben - I too am surprised that Sayid fell so easily for Ben's line.  Whether or not it was actually a lie, I'm not exactly sure what I think there, but he played Sayid like a Stradivarius.  It's quite possible Ben put the hit on Nadia (having someone else kill her) just to recruit Sayid into his "war".

On Rousseau - I really hope she's not dead!  It would suck to have her die before we even know about her, but being dead wouldn't necessarily mean we won't get her backstory.  Maybe Ben could tell some of it.

studiojek - love your thoughts on the episode!  

You forgot to mention Sawyer, Locke & Hurley playing Risk.  What did you think about the comment, "Australia is the key to the whole game”?  I don't play Risk, but have friends who do, and I KNOW Australia is not key to winning the game.  Is it another red herring or a clue to finding out what's really going on here?

This is getting good!  Ben controls Smokey, and WOW was Smokey ever mad!   I knew the fence kept it out of the compound, but to see the force it went after the baddies with was awesome.  After seeing that, you'd REALLY not want to get on Ben's bad side.

What about Ben waking up in the Sahara wearing a Dharma parka?  

So many curious things happen...I just want some more answers.

Author: studiojek    Time: 4-27-2008 02:31

Both of your comments are interesting.

I read on thelostdiary.com (very informative website if you're a nerdy Lostie like me!) someone's theory that maybe Widmore is Ben's constant (hence why he can't kill him). Hmm that'd be interesting...I'm also starting to wonder if they are somehow related...? Sort of Cain and Abel sort of competition?

Also, I think there's probably some relationship between the polar bear they found in the desert and Ben ending up in the middle of the desert...?

As always, more ?s than answers!
Author: alexgirl    Time: 4-27-2008 05:34

I love the idea of the constant! Makes total sense.

The time travel thing is driving me crazy. But I am glad they also havent forgotten about the polar bear in the desert because this is one of the questions that most haunt me. It was a great move to put Ben in the Sahara!

And what about that thing he carried around with him all the time? The retracting stick! He is Bruce Lee!

Bens conversation with Sayid: I really didnt convince me. How could Sayid take that so easily? He was a war soldier, c´mon! Not a naive man, but Ben has an amazing charm apparently.

Also I think its pretty twisted that somehow now Ben is the good guy and Widmore the bad one.

Last but not least: I think Jack will have to leave the island pretty soon because of the illness. He looks really sick! "in-urgent-need-of-the-best-hospital" kind of sick.
Author: studiojek    Time: 4-27-2008 08:28     Subject: Reply 5#5 alexgirl's post

Well I have to be honest and say that even I fell for Ben's story to Sayid for a second. And Sayid, being torn apart by losing his true love, could absolutely have fallen for it. Do you remember how he was after Shannon died, he was back to his old kill-all ways...and I think Ben played on that, as Ben best does!

Haha at the Bruce Lee retracting stick!!!!

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-27-2008 09:27     Subject: Reply 5#5 alexgirl's post

I am also glad not to be the only one who thought of the polar bear remains (with Dharma tags) in the desert!  I read one theory that Ben actually teleports off the island, and the Sahara is one of the places that can be teleported to.  Farfetched?  Maybe, but it would explain why he was wearing a parka in the middle of the Sahara.  Did anyone else notice the Dharma logo on Ben's coat?  It's not one we've seen before, so obviously there are other stations we have yet to see.

I DID notice the stick he carried with him.  I love your explanation!   For such a weenie looking guy, he can kick some serious butt when he needs to.

STUDIOJEK -

I hadn't read the theory about Widmore being Ben's constant, but it's definitely a plausible one.  Whether or not they're related, I don't know, but there's more to Widmore's connection to the island than we have been led to believe.  My theory is in post #3.  His preoccupation with The Black Rock is one of my reasons.  He may be related to the Hansos - Alvar started the Dharma initiative, Tovard was the previous owner of The Black Rock Ledger, while Magnus Hanso was most likely the commander of The Black Rock...and was supposedly buried on the island.  

I'm a nerdy Lostie too, I just try not to get too much into the conspiracy theories, or my head would explode.    It's a good thing there's so much info out there though, because lately I've had a hard time remembering when things took place, and who knew what and when.  It's all a big puzzle, that I doubt anyone will solve until the last episode airs.  ARG!

Author: alexgirl    Time: 4-29-2008 07:06     Subject: If the world were a sandwich

Since we have all pretty much self declared ourselves as Lost geeks (in a wonderfull positive way, of course!!), did you guys here this theory?

There is a website (http://www.zefrank.com/sandwich/tool.html) where the guy came up with this idea do squash-flat the earth as if it was a sandwich. Now the crazy part!!! If you pushed a toothpick through Tunisia, the pointy end would come out in the South Pacific, just east of Australia. For real! And this sooo sounds like something that would make sense on Lost, or? It would explain so much!!

I love this show!!!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-29-2008 10:54     Subject: Reply 8#8 alexgirl's post

Interesting.  I had not heard that theory before.

Do you think Ben has an Earth squasher somewhere on the island, or has he dug a very long tunnel?

Author: alexgirl    Time: 4-29-2008 12:22     Subject: Reply 9#9 waterlilybarb's post

I think he dug the tunnel! lol I think in fact he is invincible like Michael and dug a tunnel behind the cupboard where he keeps the smokey monster (also his house pet, of course)!

Still doesnt explain the polar bears completely.. how did they get to Tunisia or island in the pacific I dont know. Maybe there is subterrenial tunnel system that connects the whole earth and they just got lost and entered the wrong one! ha!

That also explains Jacob! Oh no.. it actually still doesnt... But we will get there, we still have 3 more seasons! hihihi
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 4-29-2008 13:15     Subject: Reply 10#10 alexgirl's post

Remember that Walt has a strange ability that was only touched on a little...But could very well explain the polar bear, and that it got teleported to the desert by Ben in an effort to get rid of it.

Remember that Walt was looking at a book of a extremely rare bird, and was being ignored by his mother and her b/f. Then that very bird flew into the window, as if it was drawn to Walt, since he was concentrating on it so hard.

Well Walt was also being ignored by his father early on, and had a comic book that he found during the crash. A comic book that had a Polar Bear in it. Perhaps Walt was able to bring that Polar bear to the island, and then it was sent away by Ben when it was discovered. This could also explain how Ben was able to get Locke's father on the Island. He may have had Walt use his ability to summon him, from a picture.

Well those are my thoughts....
Author: alexgirl    Time: 4-29-2008 13:30     Subject: Reply 11#11 dognxtdoor's post

wow! you have super memory! i didnt remember that.. and I started watching Lost last year (so it should be pretty fresh) I have to digest the info you gave, because I really didnt remember that! wow!! cool!!!
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 4-29-2008 18:05

You know, I did see the Dharma emblem on Ben's coat, but I didn't think anything of it since everything on the island seems to have it.   I just thought he could have just taken it from somewhere.   I also didn't notice it was a heavy coat.  But, now that I think about it, it's kinda strange.   

Also, does anyone remember when food would show up around the island way back when?  That also had the Dharma label on it.  Ben was not a fan of Dharma, so I know he didn't provide it unless he also found that and I think it would be pretty old.  

Perhaps Widmore is related to the Hanso foundation like was said before.
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 4-29-2008 18:08

Quote:
Originally posted by dognxtdoor at 4-29-2008 01:15 PM  
Remember that Walt has a strange ability that was only touched on a little...But could very well explain the polar bear, and that it got teleported to the desert by Ben in an effort to get rid of it.
That's an excellent theory as well.    I mean, the whole quote, not just that little part. I don't know why the whole quote wasn't quoted.  I think it's interesting the theory about Walt being able to "conjure" up things from images.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 4-29-2008 18:09 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-29-2008 19:11     Subject: Reply 11#11 dognxtdoor's post

I do remember Walt's "ability", and it's something my Mum & I discuss frequently when we're trying to figure out if the island itself actually chooses certain people to bestow what seem to be miracles upon - like Rose & Locke...but not Ben, since he developed the tumour after being an island resident.

I hope that somehow Walt is brought into the story again, and more than just the little glimpse we had in "Meet Kevin Johnson".  His ability was never really explored fully enough to be satisfying for the audience, so even if it was just explained, it would be good.

Nice remembering Dan.   I love when people tie the seasons together, or try to...it's getting harder all the time, it seems.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-1-2008 19:30     Subject: **SPOILER ALERT** Episode 4x10 - Something Nice Back Home

OMGoodness!  My head is going to explode with all the questions racing around inside of it.

Tonight's episode was a good one, but once again left me with more questions than answers.  I'll reserve actual comment until the episode is uploaded, so as not to ruin in for anyone.

Anyone wanting to discuss this week's episode, please do so here.  I'll merge it with the season 4 discussion thread next week.

Author: studiojek    Time: 5-2-2008 23:46

I've got a lot to say!!! OHMYGOSH is right! While this wasn't the BEST Lost episode of all time, it was pretty informative, though of course created a lot more questions too!  Here's my commentary!:

So, as far as information we've discovered, we get a glimpse of how Kate gets Aaron and we see how Jack starts to take pills. We also found out that Jack apparently knows that Aaron is family - his "YOU'RE not even family to Kate" seemed to make that pretty clear. How he finds that out is yet to be seen, but maybe his father's 'ghost' tells him? We also seem to have found out how Sun/baby get off the island but not Jin. We also found out (and I am over the moon for this one!!!) that SAWYER'S ALIVE AND ON THE ISLAND!!! WOOHOOO!! =)

New questions that came up from this episode:

Where the heck is Claire? Is that it, we're never to see her again?

What is this favor that Kate has to do for Sawyer? I'm thinking it's probably going to check up on his daughter, Clementine.

Who the heck buried Rousseau (and is that really her?) and Karl? Seems a little unlikely that the bad guys would've taken the time, don't you think? Maybe the Others? Where are all the remaining Others, by the by?

Interesting things/questions I picked up on other Lost discussion forums:

Someone pointed out that it was interesting that Jack saw his father because he went to switch off the smoke detector. Could his father be or be linked to Smokey?? Hmm.

There was a good few minutes where Juliet was alone with Jack, sewing him back up, maybe before he woke up. We don't TRULY know if she's good or bad yet...any chance she did something to him?

Oh, and I have to just give an award for excellence in this episode to...drumroll please....Rose! Rose rocked, as did Bernard! She is soooo right - the island is hurting Jack because he's so close to leaving it, right?

Finally, a great quote from thelostdiary.com episode commentary: "Is anyone NOT crazy this week?"

[ Last edited by studiojek at 5-3-2008 07:48 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-3-2008 00:48     Subject: Reply 2#2 studiojek's post

First, I must agree with thelostdiary commentary...I was thinking the exact same thing while watching the show.

I have the same suspicions about Kate's favour for Sawyer.  We already know she met Clementine's mother in her pre-island life, so looking her up to check on the little girl (and keeping Sawyer's secret) are VERY plausible.

I love how we finally have somewhat of a timeline for where last season's finale flash-forwarded to.  It's obviously after this, as you said, we see the beginning of Jack's downward spiral.  In THAT timeline, Jack talks about Christian in the present tense, so somehow he's going to be around.  I read the theory about Christian having a connection to Smokey too.  I'm not sure what I think of that.

I totally agree that Jack has found out that Aaron is his nephew - for the exact same reason as you.  The tone in his voice definitely seemed to imply more than he said.  As for Claire, I think she's still on the island somewhere, though why Christian led her off into the jungle in the middle of the night is curious.  

Rose & Bernard are THE BEST!  I totally love them, and am always happy when they are in an episode.  Rose voiced my sentiments when saying that the island was where people got healed, so there had to be some reason Jack suddenly became ill.  It can't just be coincidence.

I thought of Juliet being on her own with Jack, but Bernard was with her for most of the time, except when she sent him to get Kate.  I'm still not sure if I think she did something to Jack, though it was something I initially thought of, and told my Mum.  She thinks I've gone mad, since the questions are driving her batty, and my endless theorizing just makes her head spin.   

I have a theory.  Hurley sees Charlie.  Jack & Claire have both seen Christian, and Jack has seen him off the island.  I think it has something to do with time travel and only those who have been on the island can see them.  I think they died (Charlie & Christian) but maybe they are in some timeloop where they are still in the past (before they died) but can see what is going on, because of the time differential of the island to the outside world.  That would explain the message Hugo gave to Jack from Charlie.  I don't know if I'm explaining it exactly how I have it figured in my head, so if it makes no sense, put it down to the ravings of my tired lunatic mind.

I do think Rousseau and Karl are dead, though I am very disappointed.  I was really hoping for some backstory on Danielle.  We could still get some, but now that Alex is dead, I wonder if the writers would deem it superfluous?

I was relieved to get a few answers, such as how Sun gets off the island, and that Sawyer and others are still alive on the island - I'm assuming Jin is among them.

One question I have is just how far in the future was this?  Aaron is about 3 1/2 months old on the island, yet looked to be between 2 and 3 YEARS old in the flash forward.  Is it really that far in the future, or is the island time distortion the cause of his aging?

As the live commentary said on buddytv.com, "Let the pill popping begin."

Just had to share one more thing that gave me a laugh.  Here's an open letter to Lost.  Enjoy!

Author: studiojek    Time: 5-3-2008 02:50     Subject: Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

Hi again! I read the Letter - I agree with a lot of it. Especially with the idea of not liking when sci-fi play with the finality of death, it being cheap. My creative writing teacher once told me that the Easy Way out of writing a story was to kill of your main character, because they become larger than life and so all you can really do with them is kill them off, anything else would seem banal. So, I feel the same way. I can't believe that Hurley's right and they're all dead.

I do however understand where you're coming from with your idea that Charlie and Christian are on some other 'time plane.' I don't believe that Hurley's crazy, well not completely anyway! An interesting theory I hope we will see played out.

As for the date of when this was all taking place, the newspaper Jack was reading in the beginning was talking about last year's (2007) Red Sox win, so that would mean (if I remember right and Aaron was born in 2002-3?) that Aaron's about 4 or 5, so 3 years have passed? Though I'm not 100% on that, I can't quite remember the whole timeline.

Oh, and (quite unfortunately) I agree that the writers may just leave the Rousseau storyline...did you notice that when Miles was uncovering their buried bodies, the 'scary Lost music' piped up when they showed Karl, not Rousseau? Like she was a secondary character but it was Karl we were supposed to really be shocked about. I wonder if the writers have underestimated our interest in Rousseau?
Author: studiojek    Time: 5-3-2008 05:44     Subject: Reply 86#86 dognxtdoor's post

Ooh that's a very good hypothesis!

The sandwich theory's interesting too...
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-3-2008 12:54     Subject: Reply 4#4 studiojek's post

After I posted I read the Easter eggs, and saw that the scene was taking place in 2007.  Aaron was born in 2004, which would make him about 2 years & 10 months old, so I was right.   I like being right.

As for Rousseau, I don't know that the writer's have actually underestimated fan interest in her, but I do think that since Ben has become such pivotal character, they may just not have time to deal with her.  Ben wasn't originally supposed to be such a big role, but the actor Michael Emerson is SO good in the role, that they have expanded it, and must now follow that path.

Author: studiojek    Time: 5-4-2008 03:31     Subject: Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

That makes sense, about Ben I mean. They could however have let her stay alive (just in case they had a storyline for her in the future) and just killed off Carl no?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 5-4-2008 05:33     Subject: Reply 6#6 studiojek's post

Her ghost can start appearing like everyone else's and then bam back story.
Author: studiojek    Time: 5-4-2008 06:03     Subject: Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

True, hadn't thought of that! Good solution actually, and they could still do flashbacks/forwards if necessary.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 5-6-2008 17:48

Does anyone know why they got rid of Karl, Alexis & Danielle? I mean, just like that?! I thought we were gonna get a Danielle Rousseau flashback this season... And yes, I'm still not over the fact that Alexis is dead. Aaaargh!

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0