Board logo

Subject: Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 09:53     Subject: Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

it's finally here it was updated late but it's finally here i will do full review before i leave tonight   

Well this started off very slow but the cases involving 3 woman husband was very emotional as one of them was sleeping with best friend husband and i have say this really was a good opener and mis-direction from the promo were good. so no big revelation, rose isn't pregant and derek is still alive.

i love the side-line story-line was christina with icicle in her lower abdomen that great distraction and i have say i like new doctor i feeling we will see him again very soon as he sign up for this season.

The relationship are still messy espically izzy and alex's she just had ruin it and i have say sometimes it's better to keep things to yourself and i noticed as I'm watching this the reason why i like the show is not for the medical drama it's relationship that make this series rather good.

it might been interesting but the ending was shocking i can't wait to see who get fired during this season and i know last few minutes of second episode the pictures freezes i report it after i post this review.

it was great season-opener wasn't action-packed but a lot emotional drama and i love how tied up few story-lines so does that there now a couple-Callie and Hann?-the fact neither of them were involved females will make this interesting and how are they reveal it to rest of the gang?.  

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:09 ]
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-26-2008 14:42

Just popped in to say hi, I am actually  not looking at your writing, Bala. because I haven't seen it yet. But thank you for starting the thread up. I look forward to coming back tonight and discussing it with yall!  And I can barely wait to see the show, ooh the excitement
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-26-2008 16:18

Ive been really excited for this premiere and thought it was gonna be really good but it was just average. At first I thought it was just me but Im not the only one. There were a lot of dream sequences and Derek and Meridith are back together again. The story line overall really wasnt that exciting especially for a season premiere. There were a lot of fake outs like Rose saying she was pregnant and then says she was kidding and Meridith's dream where Derek dies. I just hope that the rest of the episodes this season are better.
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 22:50     Subject: Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

I'm sure it's going get better-good to see you learnt expand your comments a bit more
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-27-2008 01:18

Well, the second I saw the dream sequence unfurling I just knew it could not be real. I think it is going to be really interesting to see how Mer will handle this relationship now that it finally went ahead one step.
As for Izzie- well, I really loved her but at the moment? Not really. I was hoping she and Alex could eventually get together but the way she is right now? Not really likely.
I'm glad it is back though. I missed them all.
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 01:23     Subject: Reply 5#5 Teachergirl's post

next episode is in 2 weeks
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-27-2008 01:25

why is the next one is 2 weeks
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 01:55     Subject: Reply 7#7 spratt89's post

no idea but it is
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-27-2008 01:58

well, at least we got a double episode. It was the first time they started back with a double one, right? I just started rewatching the last season and that was just a normal episode, right?
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 02:12

It was the first time they started back with a double one, right?

no there done double episodes before
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-27-2008 05:06

I know but did they ever start with a double one?
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 05:12     Subject: Reply 11#11 Teachergirl's post

i don't know
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-27-2008 05:28

Well, I just rewatched the episodes and I must say I could not place Rose's reactions at all. You do not make this kind of fun and then the scalpel thing? Good thing she left.
But the chief's speech.... wow. Is it probably the fallout of Burke leaving and Addison leaving too? They did get Hahn but I think she was at Mercy Wst before which I believe was never as big.
And Yang's new love interest.... well. She sure is interested. The staple gun? Ouch. Then........ the icicle impaling thing....... ouch again. But it is a wonder the sparks between the two were not enough to melt the icicle.
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 05:30     Subject: Reply 13#13 Teachergirl's post

i completely agree roses reaction was inappropriate i had not thought of the burke leaving would reduce ranking to 12th, i'm glad they are changing and he has put everyone on notice . Question is who will survive?
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-27-2008 07:25

well it was a good start to the season, now lets hope it continues
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-27-2008 11:02

Well, what Rose did, if she really did it intentionally- I think that would get her fired. Of course she could always claim she did not do it intentionally but really- if other people, especially patients are involved, the personal drama...... Actually, I think if I was to have surgery, I'd hope my doctors are not having their personal feuds going on while I was under their knives.
I think the CHief had a good point to make the speech. The way Hahn treated Christina..... not good. That IS  shoddy teaching. So there will be some changes ahead and as the producers said on their website- a lot of info on what is going to happen in season 5 was shown in bits of the premiere. So I think some might have to quit their jobs. In a way I wonder if it might mean McSteamy.
Quote:
Originally posted by Teachergirl at 9-27-2008 13:28  
Well, I just rewatched the episodes and I must say I could not place Rose's reactions at all. You do not make this kind of fun and then the scalpel thing? Good thing she left.
But the chief's speech. ...

Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 11:06     Subject: Reply 16#16 Teachergirl's post

i doubt anyone would quit their job but interesting to see who leaves during the season
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 9-27-2008 13:14

I felt like strangling Meredith during this episode. The going back and forth thing about her and Derek was getting really old. I'm glad that in the end she made up her mind though.

Could an icicle be really that dangerous? I'll be forever scared of icicles hanging from the roof now... But I liked the storyline between Cristina and umm..what did they call him again? :S It's nice to see her be happy again after the whole Burke thing.

Rose was...wow. Wow.

That tidbit with Alex and Izzie was cute. "No, you're on a spaceship and you're going to the moon." I think Alex has feelings for Izzie, but he's too afraid to admit it. And the Denny part! That was a little random, but nice.
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 23:03     Subject: Reply 18#18 funny-girl101's post

we will just have to get used to Medieth going back and fourth with derek, i think derek is just used to it-in fact he seem like the fact that she's a bit of emotional mess
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-28-2008 03:26

Quote:
Originally posted by funny-girl101 at 9-27-2008 21:14  
I felt like strangling Meredith during this episode. The going back and forth thing about her and Derek was getting really old. I'm glad that in the end she made up her mind though.

Could an icicle  ...
Yes, I think if an icicle has a sharp and thin point and falls down from some height it could do this. She was only wearing scrubs and a shirt- so if she had been dressed in a coat or so it might not have been that bad. Scary, eh?
As for Izzie and Alex, I think they'd be good for each other- but they will need some time to figure that one out.... Maybe by the end of this season.
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2008 03:27     Subject: Reply 20#20 Teachergirl's post

What do you guys think about lexie -should she tell George?
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-28-2008 03:27     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

I think Derek can see that Mer is trying- it can't be easy for her, she is trying to be a normal person in a normal relationship but we know she has a hard time at that. I was surprised that she even had the courage to constrct that house and commit to the relationship.
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2008 03:28     Subject: Reply 22#22 Teachergirl's post

it wasn't a house more candles of a house-see comment 21
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-28-2008 03:31

I know- but for her it was quite a step to even consider the idea. I still wonder how she is going to deal with moving in with Derek. And it was interesting what she said about kids and all- she is trying hard in her career and there is currently not one sane couple at Seattle Grace that has kids- Bailey's failed and the Chief had a hard time........ If she wants a career too it is going to be a tough one.
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-28-2008 08:45

I loved the opening and found out that that Dereks death was just a dream but does that mean Merdith has doubts??

Also I hope Lexie does tell George but I think George has other things on his mind right now.

I also think there is going to be a lot of changes with the new rank. The Chief is a little ticked and I can see him stirring things up.
Author: imarielle626    Time: 9-28-2008 11:10

I so called that Derek dying scene to be a bad dream!  haha Grey's can't kill off McDreamy, they'd lose too many fans

Overall though I thought it was a great episode!  I'm glad Meredith is beginning to come around even though she got really annoying!  She deserves to be happy, she just needs to finally give in and let herself be happy!

So I predicted from the beginning something was going to happen between Christina and the new guy.  I think he'll make a great new addition to the show!  Things should get interesting with him around!

Lexie just needs to tell George already!  I was half expecting her to corner him in the locker room and just kiss him.  George is so clueless when it comes to relationships he had no clue how she feels about him, and even though he pulled that "best friends" line I have a feeling if she just kisses him he'll realize they could be more than just friends.

So Callie and Hahn...not really sure how to feel about that, but it will be interesting to see how far that relationship goes and what happens when George finds out his ex-wife has become a lesbian

Alex and Izzie are so perfect for each other!  That random Denny scene was weird and out of place though it was nice to see him.  But then Alex and whoever that was!?!  I thought that was just another dream sequence.  For a second I though it was Rose, but I don't think it really was.  Just someone random because even though Alex has changed a lot, he still will always be Alex (if you know what I mean)
Author: themegababe    Time: 9-28-2008 18:53

I loved the spaceship thing too, we laughed so hard!

And as for Lexie and George, I get the feeling that Sloan might like her. Which would make things really interesting!

Yeah I didn't like the Alex thing either. He and izzie were so cute at the beginning, then he had to be all Alex again!  Ugh!
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-29-2008 04:52     Subject: Reply 25#25 carlorica's post

I think it is not that she has doubts- I think it is more that she is afraid that she could lose him. She was only five when she lost her dad and I guess she never really got over that one- plus finding her mother after her suicide attempt- she has abandonment issues and now they are in a relationship she could be afraid of losing him again. Facing her biggest fear so to speak. But it is a good thing that she is not afraid of the relationship but of losing him! I'd call taht one a good sign- for Meredith at least.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 9-29-2008 04:56     Subject: Reply 26#26 imarielle626's post

It was sad with the denny scene- she did care for him a lot and I guess she was upset that it did not work out between her and Alex again. I think he is afraid of starting something with Izzie. Look what happened with Ava/Rebecca. It was very painful for him and somehow he still believes he's a bad guy who does not deserve to be happy. A bit like Meredith now thinking Derek is going to die. It is the old patterns they fall into. Losing people, being a player, clinging to a relationship with a dying man..... and there's Christina, on her own, eating cereal. Old patterns. And in a way they all try to move on so it will be interesting what the reality will bring to light in the next season.
Author: shinny    Time: 9-30-2008 09:30

I just got a chance to watch the two episodes. I have to say that overall I'm a little dissapointed !

George and Lexie, I am so against this. Here we go again, arrrgghh. I wish they could just leave them as friends. I agree Meg. There was definitely a moment there between Sloan and Lexie (on his side) when he said he tells people how he feels about them.

Alex and Izzy. Yeh it was really nice at the start when they were getting on really well but talk about him over reacting. Jeez ! The path on this one will be rocky. I don't think the Denny scene was out of place, I think it went with the overall theme of the show about not always getting the "happy ending"

Rose/Derek. Well, she was just very unprofessional there, but at least she had the good sense to transfer at the end. I mean, if she can't handle the breakup, she can't be on his surgical team. It's as simple as that. Do you think the "fake" pregnancy was Shonda having a dig at all the fans speculations??? I think so !!

McRambo (that's what I'm calling him ) was great. I think there was great chemistry between him and Christina. Looking forward to seeing more of him, which I'm sure we will !!

[ Last edited by shinny at 9-30-2008 17:33 ]
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-1-2008 07:07

Quote:
Originally posted by shinny at 9-30-2008 17:30  
I just got a chance to watch the two episodes. I have to say that overall I'm a little dissapointed !

George and Lexie, I am so against this. Here we go again, arrrgghh. I wish they could just leave  ...
Same here, why can't they give poor George a break? He's been in and out of the weirdest relationships right from the start. He needs time to really find himself........
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 03:02     Subject: Grey´s Anatomy 5x03

Well this was an avaerage episode not as exciting as the last two episode but the focus is on the emotions of the character i can't believe after 5 years i actually care about the character but medieth is really testing my patience because she getting annoying -she suppose to be young adult not a teenage girl decideding whether she in love or not. it's crazy that she able to even become a doctor i mean with her personal drama how hell does even get time to study?

George never can get a break just when he going sit his exam celing starts dripping and i have to say he doesn't have much luck but i can't believe after all that he was made sit an exam. That does seem a bit unfair but i do hope he is able to pass.

Cancer girl -man she was very sweet girl these thing happen i always amazed as to how postive they are.

depressed man well as result celing collspe there were able to find stage 1 cancer that was amazing and i hope he has brighter outlook.

Pain guy- after 7 years only 1 intern was ablee find soloution?

The relationship are getting annoying in this show and i think M's therapist is actually doing a good job.

Author: carlorica    Time: 10-10-2008 04:25     Subject: Reply 32#32 bala's post

I have to agree with you the relations ships are getting kind of annoying but the story was not half bad. I do like the fact that the chief is starting to take a more active roll in the development of the doctors and that he is making them learn everything before specializing.

I also think that Yan may not be totally over the falling apart of her engagement. I think she needs to start seeing the therapist also.

M's therapist is awesome It really is making Meridith think about what she is doing. I think the reason she is the was she is is because she had no one to look up to for a long time. I mean her mother didn't help much and her father left. She was totally alone and now she is trying to figure it all out on her own.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 04:49     Subject: Reply 33#33 carlorica's post

you would think a person who had both there parent's left would be strong and tough rather than confused teenage girl.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-10-2008 07:04

It was sure more centered around the relationships and the general running of the hospital this week but a good episode.
Poor Chief- just when we thought he was ready to delegate and withdraw a bit- he has this job of trying to figure out what went wrong at Seattle Grace and what he can do to change things again. And he's trying hard- but in a way he is overreacting- thus causing the flood.
As for Meredith- if Yang hadn't gone to her shrink to ask her to start therapy again- I'd have. Seriously, she needs to grow up. Is she really thinking Derek will move into the student housing thing? She's a grown up not a student anymore so of course it only means her and Derek- ok it was probably not wise for him to move ahead and measure Izzy's room like that. But no wonder he's taking the initiative- he's the adult. So yes, Mer is getting a bit on my nerves- we've followed her doubts and flaws and all the drama for years now- she finally has McDreamy and she'd rather share the house with colleagues? Seriously????
As for Yang- I like her so much better this season.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 07:11     Subject: Reply 35#35 Teachergirl's post

Doubts are really getting annoying after 4 years
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-10-2008 07:15

I was so fed up by the end of last season, I'd have been fine with just any outcome just to stop her from whining. Now she has it all and still she's got that look on her face. Sigh. I never really really liked her- she was always so needy and weird.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 07:16     Subject: Reply 37#37 Teachergirl's post

i know but there really need to put end of this story-line
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-10-2008 07:19

Or at least make other storylines more prominent. I am really ready for that. I wonder how things will develop. I have a feeling that Christina and Izzy are going to be flatmates- that would be fascinating. Ahem.
And I definitely sense something between Lexie and Sloane.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 07:24     Subject: Reply 39#39 Teachergirl's post

i hope she has better sense not  to get invloved with Slone. it would nice if there became friends
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-10-2008 07:26

just think- her and meredith sisters- their men best friends........... just kidding. I think Sloane is too much for her.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 07:27     Subject: Reply 41#41 Teachergirl's post

yeah but she sweet on him and he think she adorable
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-10-2008 07:28

might be good for an affair but they could not make it as a couple I think. He'd need someone a bit more grown up.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 07:31     Subject: Reply 43#43 Teachergirl's post

can you believe callign told slone her and Erica are now a couple?
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-10-2008 11:27

I think Callie tries to see Mark as a friend since she obviously cannot discuss Erica with her best friend which happens to be...... Erica.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 11:32     Subject: Reply 45#45 Teachergirl's post

is it just me or does mark seem more nicer this season ?
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-10-2008 12:00

I think getting the man whore talk last season made him  realise that he might not be able to pull the little boy thing off so easily. If you remember that episode with the high school kids and the girls giggle not because they think he is cute but because he looks like one of their dads..... he gets older and Derek is thinking wife and kids and Addison moved on to her new job- so in a way the on-call room might not be enough for him anymore. And while he is a player... he can also be a good guy, otherwise Derek would not call him a friend. Not after Addison. So there has to be more of Mark than what we have seen so far. And it might be a good time to show some more- same with Alex.
Author: bala    Time: 10-10-2008 12:08     Subject: Reply 47#47 Teachergirl's post

i forgot about that
Author: shinny    Time: 10-10-2008 14:35

Just got to watch this episode. I agree with everything you have said above !! I have to admit that I also want to see an end to the mer/der saga. They need to evolve this relationship a bit more. Then they can have the normal couple issues if they need story line ideas, but not this will I or won't I dance by mer !!!

Lexie + Sloane I like, Lexie + George I do not like !!! I think that because Lexie is a really nice person underneath it all, she could bring out Mark's good side a bit more. I think how this will play out though is that Lexie will pursue George, but he will rebuff her. All the while Mark will be becoming more of a friend and will be there to pick up the pieces. That's how I'd write it anyway !!!!
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-12-2008 03:45

Yes, I think you are right about the Lexie/George/Sloan saga- I think George should not be allowed to have a relationship in this season. ;-)

I wonder if Mer, as weird as she is, can ever just have normal couple issues. Sigh. Funny how she is more or less the main character in a show and I like everything about the show BUT her.
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 04:15     Subject: Reply 50#50 Teachergirl's post

the whole show revolve around her
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-12-2008 04:34

I just feel like yelling at Meredith: GET OVER YOURSELF! We all have problems! That poor guy who got rained on and almost electroshocke (but his luck finally turned around!) Alex, Izzy, Cristina, Bailey...EVERY one of them has had a rough life but they're not constantly pouting about how difficult and awful life is.Aggggh!!
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 05:01     Subject: Reply 52#52 studiojek's post

there are secondary  characters
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-12-2008 06:18     Subject: Reply 53#53 bala's post

That is exactly my point: they are secondary characters and she is the supposed MAIN character, so why do they have to make her so whiney and BORING all the time!??

And you bala, you really get a kick out of being so argumentative all the time don't ya!?
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 06:23     Subject: Reply 54#54 studiojek's post

no i don't i'm just bored nothing to chat about on sunday afternoon killing time waiting for tomorrow
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-12-2008 08:02     Subject: Reply 55#55 bala's post

LOL ok then, debate away!
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 08:05     Subject: Reply 56#56 studiojek's post

you how it is on sunday-the game site score board isn't avaliable or not working no idea when it will be fixed
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-12-2008 08:18     Subject: Reply 57#57 bala's post

Oh, that's too bad. Are there any other websites you could play games on?
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 08:22     Subject: Reply 58#58 studiojek's post

yeah but none score board system with members

this one unique because i know majority regular member so i know who to beat
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-13-2008 02:47

I think it would actually do the show good if Meredith moved aside for a bit and we could focus on the other people in the show. It IS hard to find storylines for her and derek we haven't seen all over again. So why not make room and let others tell their stories- Mark, Alex, Christina, Bailey.......... I'd really really enjoy that for a break. Could we send Meredith to some boot camp for whiney doctors for a bit? Just say, three episodes? Please?
Author: bala    Time: 10-17-2008 03:38     Subject: Episode 4

i liked this episode so much better than last week as it was interesting, Callie and Han date was funny it provided light hearted humour and look on Bailey face was priceless when Callie told her about Han, the demonology department was nice seeing everyone getting and be nice.

i'm so glad George passed but Lexie finding out he rather spend time with his old friend and her must be hard-i wonder how long keep it a secret because it bound to come out in the future.   Speaking George he was so fantastic with that kid.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-17-2008 08:27

I just loved Bailey in this episode. Priceless to see the look on her face and then her talk. Callie and Hahn were so funny too- what a date. But I like the way they are dealing with it.

Mer/Der, it wasn't SO bad this week but seriously, when will she ever rid herself of Mommy's ghost???? (Oh and for the record- I liked McDreamy in his almost nude scene! ) But it was weird that Derek left Joe's without talking to her. It was good how he handled the Izzie/Alex thing.

Lexie.... dear me she is turning into a second whiney needy Meredith. "George, pick me, choose me". That sort of thing. It was obvious he wanted to let his friends know. Him failing was so weird cause they all moved on only he could not . I wonder how it will work out with Lexie now- it is so clear that she feels way more for George and her sad puppy face...... ts. We're heading towards serious drama here I think.

But George- I LOVED him in this episode, he has a way with kids and to end up in the wrong OR, that is SO George! LOL No wonder the kid found the other one boring after that one! LOL

All in all, a really good episode. I enjoyed it a lot. Very funny moments, Izzie and Alex seem to get along better again.... oh and the dermatology sign on the trailer- that was awesome. But seriously- if we all thought that Private Practice was medical La-La-Land- this dermatology department takes the cake. Christina would go insane after a day in there.
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-18-2008 03:43

I also really liked this episode - made me a Grey's believer once again, just when I was losing hope =)

I was soooo mad at Alex in this episode, till the end of course, just like Izzy! I hope he can grow up and admit how much he needs Izzy.
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2008 03:54     Subject: Reply 63#63 studiojek's post

you really don't understand guys do you
Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-18-2008 12:49

This episode was one of the better ones Grey's has aired recently.

Bailey...priceless!  Her face when Callie first told her about Hahn, then the whole Africa analogy that she threw out there.  I was dying on the inside it was hilarious!

I'm glad George passed!  For a second after he read the letter I though he was going to kiss Lexie, but of course George is just one of those guys oblivious to the fact that Lexie is pratically throwing herself at him!  It is getting kind of annoying!  She is starting to remind me of the old George back when he was obsessed with Meredith

Teachergirl, I'm with you on that almost naked McDreamy scene!  But I have to imagine it must be weird for him to live with Meredith and her roommates.  Mer/Der did take a step forward though with Meredith giving Derek her mother's old den as his work place.  That's something the old Mer would never have done.  And the derm trailor Christina would never have really been able to last in derm though!  She's way too cut throat!

George was great with that little boy!  And ending up in the wrong OR with the guy with half his face missing was great!  The boy's reaction was not at all what I expected but it definately made me laugh!
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2008 23:21

Quote:
The boy's reaction was not at all what I expected but it definately made me laugh!
That's the thing with boys we like this kind of stuff
Author: shinny    Time: 10-19-2008 03:57

I agree with all of the comments above. This was the best episode of Season 4 so far. It had a lot of the old chemistry.

I'm glad George passed too and I think it was only natural that he wanted to let the others know: he studied with them all along. I think Lexie's reaction was a little self indulgent to be honest.

Hahn and Callie hilarious !! They are just so funny, but clearly it's something huge for both of them. Bailey was brilliant in that whole scene !

Ah the scene with the boy and George going to the wrong theatre was so funny. I think George has made that little boy want to be a doctor !

Bala, you are hilarious, it's not a given that men like blood, guts etc just because they are men !! How do I know that? Ask the many men who pass out when their wives are giving birth

Personally I love it
Author: shinny    Time: 10-19-2008 03:59     Subject: 5x05 "There's no I in Team" Sneak Peak

Author: bala    Time: 10-19-2008 04:13     Subject: Reply 67#67 shinny's post

That's different you can't walk away from your own child

i don't want to get into a discussion about female antonmy
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-23-2008 09:42

haha You guys are so funny. Sorry I haven't been around, I just got caught up last night (I started grad school a few months back and we no longer have cable / tivo, so watching shows has been few & far between).  anyways,  I think it's definitely better than last season. But what happened to the army surgeon? I thought he was going to be a regular?  I am ready to see him back!  And I think Mark has a thing for Lexie. I wonder how that would play out. Seeing as she is the sweet and innocent thing! haha
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-23-2008 12:20

I think the army surgeon will be back in episode six.
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2008 04:57     Subject: Episode 5

Wow this is greys at it best i can't believe drama-dropping a kidney on the floor
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-24-2008 07:52

I think the show gets its groove back! Seriously, I like the season a LOT so far. Gifting kidneys in more than one sense (how does it glow in the dark?).
I can see how Mer is disappointed about the getting credit stuff- I guess Christina was in the same situation when Burke got that award a while back. But on the other hand- she IS lower in rank and expertise than Derek is so I guess it is the way things are. I wonder if she'd have been so upset if the study had been with a different colleague- you know, one she did not have a relationship with. I think that is what Bailey meant when she said the situation is messy. Work and relationship rarely mix well. In my field of work relationships between colleagues can mess things up too and so I can imagine that situation.
I was quite amazed that instead of doing a pity party Meredith like "pick me, choose me" plea to George she was more grown up about it than I expected- I guess she is even more mad at herself than at George for hoping and caring so much. I mean we all saw for a while that he was quite oblivious.
Now, Izzie and Alex? Yay for her. It was a very Izzie thing to do and to see her stick to Alex through all his behaviour- I think that must be odd for him because I think when he grew up it was not easy for him and he probably did not have someone like her. I'd like to see Alex get over his issues as I still think he's a really good guy that just had rotten luck so far.
Bailey, quite a thing she pulled off with the domino surgery and it was a very Bailey thing to do when she talked to that woman. Seriously- once you see the ones you're going to help-wouldn't one feel guilty leetting all the other people down? Her husband, I could understand. But the others? Not so much. So it was good that Bailey made the point and took her to see the woman she did help. I wonder how many such surgeries do happen in real life? It is all very risky to have just one drop out.
Speaking about dropping- that splat when the kidney hit the floor- oh my. Poor Meredith. That is exactly why I'd make a rotten surgeon.
Which leads to the bar scene at the end and I almost missed the scene when the new Doc (what kind of Mc is he anyway? McArmy Doc?) walked in. THe look on Christina's face....... She's clearly interested. Good for her. She'd kill those poor defenceless interns.
I thought it was pretty mean how they treated the interns though. I mean yeah, they still have a lot to learn but I'd ask if they are great teachers if they behave that way. George on the other hand needs to be a bit more strict.
Good music this time too. I really enjoyed the episode- it had a good mix of serious issues, funny bits (The Sloane Method...... and he actually liked it when Callie said that!!!!!!!) and a nice bit of kidney going splat on the OR floor.
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2008 08:01     Subject: Reply 73#73 Teachergirl's post

Wow great comment i think it premature say it got it's groove back because this was only 1 good episode, so far this season has been disappointing one good episode doesn't replace past few episodes.
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-24-2008 10:37

I have my fingers crossed that it's got it's groove back - last episode was good too.

I was happy that Mer and Der didn't end up arguing endlessly about the award - I loved his make-up present too!

I'm very curious to see where Christina and Army Guy might end up! I'm actually also curious about Callie and Hahn - I don't know, but if Callie needed to hook up with Mark as, ehem, an anatomy lesson, I'm not sure she should be in the relationship with Hahn.
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2008 10:56     Subject: Reply 75#75 studiojek's post

I thought that was interesting, (I'm actually also curious about Callie and Hahn - I don't know, but if Callie needed to hook up with Mark as, ehem, an anatomy lesson), The look on his face when she said it was priceless.
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-24-2008 11:25     Subject: Reply 76#76 bala's post

Yeah, but didn't she seem much more comfortable/interested in Mark than Hahn? I guess time will tell!
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2008 11:32     Subject: Reply 77#77 studiojek's post

yeah she treat him like guy friend
Author: imarielle626    Time: 10-24-2008 13:47     Subject: Reply 73#73 Teachergirl's post

about the kidney glowing in the dark... i don't know how it does it, but i've seen it before and it's pretty cool!

I'm looking forward to the next episode to see what happens between Christina and the Army Doc (who already has a Mc name by the way because the actors name is McKidd, but i'm curious to see what the show dubs him lol)
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-24-2008 14:16

I have to agree, I thought it was an excellent episode!  Such an intense surgery!

I also liked the last 30 seconds, with Christina seeing McArmy.  Wow.  I'm ready to see more of that going on.

And I think Meredith at least wanted thanks, like Bailey said. And he didn't even do that, it was just like, oh look at how cool I am with my article.  I doubt she wanted the method named after her. But... if she marries him, then it will be hers too! haha

All in all, great episode.  Loved the scene with the interns standing in line and then when they tried to trade them around. haha
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-25-2008 13:43     Subject: Reply 77#77 studiojek's post

I think this really IS uncharted territory for her and I think it is tricky because all her life she probably only fell in love with men and now there is Erica and it is all weird......... time really will tell- so far they're holding up ok. Last week Bailey's look, this week the look on Mark's face..... it makes for a good storyline.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-25-2008 13:44

and come to think of it- a killer storyline: Callie discovers she's having a baby, Mark is the dad and Erica wants to be Mom #2. Oh my. I wonder if they also thought about that.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-25-2008 13:49     Subject: Reply 80#80 themegababe's post

I think a factor that played heavily into Mer's disappointment wasn't that he did not thank her- it was her own expectations fuelled by reading her mother's diary. She is so desperately trying to fill her mother's shoes that I think she constantly keeps comparing herself to her mother and of course the diary had to make her think. There already IS a Grey method her mother invented. Now there's the Shepherd method. But where is her place. It is hard because she of course has a lot to learn and she is only a second year. And while she is on the same level as Derek in the relationship- once they are at SGH things are different and he is so much more experienced. How many years is he older anyway? I guess about 10-15, right? Can't be easy for him either to finally get the woman he loves and in order to live with her he has to do the "students share a house together" thing all over again when I think he'd rather build that house on the hill and live there with only Meredith and maybe kids. In the hospital he's their superior and now they knock on his door when he only has one cushion very strategically placed. I doubt you should see your boss that way.
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2008 00:30

Quote:
Originally posted by Teachergirl at 10-25-2008 21:44  
and come to think of it- a killer storyline: Callie discovers she's having a baby, Mark is the dad and Erica wants to be Mom #2. Oh my. I wonder if they also thought about that.
That would be an excellent story-line but unless i'm mistaken she hasn't been with mark for months?.
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-26-2008 02:18     Subject: Reply 84#84 bala's post

Who knows where things, um, led to this last time around though! That certainly would be a crazy storyline!!! Haha!

Teachergirl - I think your analysis was right on, it wasn't so much her wanting her name in the title of the method but not really knowing how she's going to make her own way, having two very big shadows over her: her mother and Derek. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. And it's obvious she really does need to start to get back into therapy!
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-26-2008 03:43     Subject: Reply 84#84 bala's post

Maybe she'll need another lesson or two- or runs to him after a fight with Erica. It is not impossible. Should I send Shonda and Betsy an email? ;-)
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-26-2008 03:46     Subject: Reply 85#85 studiojek's post

She's nowhere near being done with therapy I think. Finding the diaries alone has offset her again and I think this is exactly what the writers meant when they said MerDer will be together but the problems are not over with. I think just being in a more or less normal relationship is hard enough for Meredith with abandonment issues and all that "be extraordinary" stuff from her mother. Seriously, that SHG shrink? She could fill her entire day not seeing any patients- just the doctors!
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-26-2008 05:13     Subject: Reply 87#87 Teachergirl's post

Just seeing Meredith really!!

Definitely send a letter to Shonda, I think she'd accept new ideas considering how badly the season seemed to end last year
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-26-2008 06:15     Subject: Reply 88#88 studiojek's post

LOL, if only the fans could direct and script an episode per season. LOL Or they could have a poll! ;-)

As for the shrink- yes, Meredith would be a lifelong project.
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2008 06:20     Subject: Reply 89#89 Teachergirl's post

Question will she stay through the time?
Author: bala    Time: 10-26-2008 12:12     Subject: New doctor is Evil

Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-26-2008 13:04     Subject: Reply 90#90 bala's post

If Mer was her only patient she'd go crazy herself in no time at all.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 10-26-2008 13:06     Subject: Reply 91#91 bala's post

That is going to be very, very interesting. Bring on the gore!!!!!!
Author: bala    Time: 10-31-2008 08:15     Subject: Grey´s Anatomy 5x06

Wow the new doctor live tissue teaching example was cool, i mean live pigs . As to the case removing most of human organ together get rid of tumour inoperative was a crazy situation.

i love message at start no animal were hurt in this episode
Author: themegababe    Time: 10-31-2008 09:54

Wow the beginning part (no animals were harmed...) made me think, uh weird.  then Oh my GOSH!! haha

I love the Alex and Izzie are going steady. That makes me happy. And Mer is starting to have a real relationship with Derek. Wonderful!  

All in all, a lot of the old vibe was back and I loved the episode!
Author: bala    Time: 10-31-2008 09:57     Subject: Reply 95#95 themegababe's post

i was shocked at when izzy realise alex wanted to go stedy the look on her face said it all
Author: bala    Time: 10-31-2008 10:10     Subject: Promo for next episode

Author: Teachergirl    Time: 11-1-2008 08:05

Ok, in the last episode when Callie ran to Sloane for some tutoring.... I already thought she was not really sure about the whole thing. This episode... when Erica was so passionate, opened up SO much- it was moving. But the look on Callies face- she was ready to flee! And that she did- to Sloane. I must say, he may be a man whore but what he told her, about confronting Erica with the fact she slept with Mark? That was a good thing to say and it was also the right thing- even though teh look on Erica's face.... that "OK" we heard- I think she is so not ok with it but I also think that Callie is very confused.
(as an aside- now we have everything set up for a potential pregnancy, she did want a child with George, just saying)
Mer/Der- Anatomy Jane was interesting, liked the twist and I did like how Bailey gave her credit and also how Mer confronted the Chief. But remember all the fuss and disturbance over finding one diary of her mother? A whole new box turns up and I think Dereks face already gave away that he expects a whole lotta new drama.
At first I thought that Bailey's emotional reaction and attachment (knowing the name of all the family members and all that) wasn't "being the chief" at all. I thought it was too emotional. But then when that father paged the chief to tell him to care? I think the Chief in a way got the answer he was looking for- how to change something about SGH. He seemed so lost and puzzled the last couple of episodes. And he is facing the reality that he too is partly to blame for how screwed up the situation with Mer's mother was and for Mer to be the reminder of his failure- well, in a way, yes, I think he gets some credit for screwing up Mer's life after all.
Izzie and Alex- wow. It was sweet and I like them together. It was also interesting to watch Alex around the new doc. His look of appreciation.... this is a doctor who serves as a good role model for Alex.
And the new doc/Christina. Well. Classic Christina to run as quickly as she could and then use Lexie as a human shield. Only to be coaxed to jump to the front line. I was glad that no real animals were used in the MAKING of the episode. But nevertheless it was       a powerful nudge to ponder the use of animals in medicine in real life. It really made me think. And I did expect Izzie, doe surgeon, to walk out. I liked the way the new doc reasoned with her. It was an interesting juxtaposition to show the fight for the life of the little girl and the fight for the lives of the pigs. One thing is true- Christina learnt just as much, if not more, working with the pigs than working in the OR on that other surgery. She whacked chicken apart and sewed them back together but yet.... as strong as she always seems to be- seeing her struggle with the reality that she had to put the pigs out of their misery? She's not superwoman. She's human.
The new doc was interesting- his interaction with the pretty boys of SGH.... his pushing Karev, his way of not reckognizing Chrstina and the way he revealed why that was? It definitely made this episode into a really good one. Food for thought, intense moments, joys, fears- all in all I found it to be a pretty emotional episode. Erica's revelation, the new doc explaining why he lives a new life, Christina's reaction to the pigs, the chief admitting to failure....
And with the promo for next week and Izzie having to face the Denny thing all over again? I have a feeling that this season is already better than the last one. It may not be the best season of all since the early ones are hard to beat. But I believe that yes, it is better than the previous one.
I wonder what Alex will feel like when she goes through the Denny thing again. The moment when he carried her out in that ball gown- it is going to come all back and I wonder what it will do to their new relationship.
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2008 08:20     Subject: Reply 98#98 Teachergirl's post

Wow that lot to read but the doctor made about human testing and look on interns face when stabbed the pig i feel bad christina after spending so much time trying to save the pigs she had put them down and i think first time we seen a human side to her character usually she very aggressive towards people.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 11-2-2008 02:23

When new doc stabbed the pigs- wow. I really flinched even though I KNEW they were not real. And yes, her human side is definitely showing at the moment- and I really like it. Sandra Oh can really put a lot into the way she looks and portrays the character. It was really interesting to watch.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0