Board logo

Subject: Mythbusters General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: rumbleseat    Time: 11-2-2008 20:20     Subject: Mythbusters General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Mythbusters Here

I can't believe there isn't more discussion on this show.  They have done shows on so many diverse topics, from mileage of a pick-up with the tailgate up as opposed to down, and the effect of things like acetone on gas mileage, to the ability of a gunfighter to actually shoot somebody's hat off into the air as we see in so many western movies and tv shows.  They have explored the myth of a small car being squashed between 2 speeding semis at such a speed it fused the trucks together.  For those that haven't watched this show, give it a whirl, they have fun proving or busting myths, and have a lot of fun at the same time.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 8-27-2015 18:19 ]
Author: imarielle626    Time: 11-2-2008 21:23

mythbusters is a fun show to watch, but its not one of those shows that can be regularly discussed.  I do however agree with you they have done great shows on various topics!  I loved the one where they raced a toy car against a real one and the toy car won (well under one condition at least).  It cool to see them bust a myth that you never thought was possible to bust
Author: silver1978    Time: 11-3-2008 05:14     Subject: Reply 2#2 imarielle626's post

I watch Mythbusters every weekday They are mostly older episodes but when all of us are downstairs it's one of the only shows that we can all agree on. I concur with imarielle though, it's kind of difficult to get a real discussion going on it- most other shows on the site have a continuing storyline and character development which gets discussed- Mythbusters is not one of those types of shows.
Author: themegababe    Time: 6-24-2009 08:06

I just showed my hubby that it's on here. He was super excited.  We watched the season 7 opener, demolition derby. It was awesome!  Check it out if you  haven't seen it!
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-15-2009 01:39

Just been watching the James Bond ones and they were great
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-15-2009 10:11

MacGyver Special was great, them building the kite was brilliant
Author: themegababe    Time: 7-17-2009 19:50

I need to start watching again!
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-18-2009 07:29

the ninja one was funny as when Adam tried to walk water and well it did not work just made me laugh
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-21-2009 10:59

season 5 episode 20 and 21 are fantastic episodes, the exploding heater was brilliant.
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-22-2009 09:31

the last episode of season 5 was fantastic
Author: themegababe    Time: 7-24-2009 22:21

So we really just need to finish watching season 5 soon, huh?  haha
Author: rickman    Time: 7-29-2009 04:22

one of a kind busting jobs!
Author: spratt89    Time: 3-27-2010 09:14

I am loving the end to season 7
Author: spratt89    Time: 3-27-2010 13:42

the candle made out of ear wax made me feel sick
Author: rickman    Time: 4-11-2010 00:02

i like the bullet proofing thing of a car using only phone books....
Author: rickman    Time: 4-18-2010 00:12

bar fight busting is fun... beer bottles smashing to the head in the movies were completely busted
Author: rickman    Time: 4-18-2010 00:14

another thing is the leather cannon..
Author: spratt89    Time: 12-18-2010 07:22

I loved the President special but I loved the recent Green Hornet episode even more, I could not help but love the scene of Adam & Jamie blowing up a digger
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-8-2011 23:47     Subject: Image for VIP

A possible image for VIP

Author: spratt89    Time: 6-13-2011 07:18

Season 5 Episode 1: Hindenburg Mystery

This was an awesome episode

The Hindenburg myth was the best myth from this episode, It was a little funny watching one of the 3 Hindenburg's catching fire while being made, I loved seeing that Hindenburg fully coated in Thermite burn at the end.

The second myth about Zig Zagging to get away from Crocodiles was funny, I was in stitches at watching Tory, Kari & Grant trying their hands at Zig Zagging but I already guessed that Crocodiles wouldn't move fast enough for you to even need to try and use the Zig Zagging technique.
Author: spratt89    Time: 6-13-2011 07:58

Season 5 Episode 2: Pirate Special

I love the whole Pirate Theme to this episode.

The Myth Adam & Jamie worked on about Cannonball vs Shrapnel was really interesting, I loved the mini set up by Adam & Jamie firing ball bearings into 3 different kinds of wood to check out potential Shrapnel damage, I was surprised that Shrapnel didn't cause much damage to those pigs.

The Better Myth for me was the one Tory, Kari & Grant worked on about Pirates having better eye sight in 1 eye after wearing an eye patch in the dark for a period of time, I could not help but laugh at watching Jamie & Adam negotiate themselves around Tory, Kari & Grant's Pirate obstacle course.

The Third Myth about Pirates using Rum to remove stains from their clothes was a little boring in my opinion.

The Forth Myth about Sliding down a Sail using a Knife was good but the result was what I expected.
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-30-2015 02:29     Subject: Reply 21#21 spratt89's post

they must of done all the myths by now

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0