Board logo

Subject: Supernatural Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: spratt89    Time: 11-29-2008 02:03     Subject: Supernatural Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Seasons 1-2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:19 ]
Author: serena75    Time: 11-29-2008 09:04     Subject: Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

Your posts are more like reviews than actual discussion. I'd like to see a discussion about the first season of Supernatural. What do you really think of the episodes?
Author: serena75    Time: 11-29-2008 13:46     Subject: Reply 5#5 spratt89's post

Maybe you could call it Episode Reviews (or something like that) instead? I don't mind reading reviews, if that is what I'm looking for.
And, you should also write a spoiler warning in the subject.
Author: serena75    Time: 11-29-2008 13:55     Subject: Reply 7#7 spratt89's post

Thank you, spratt89!
Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:37

Episode 1: Pilot

This is one of my favourite pilot episodes of all time, this episode got off to a great start by taking us back to when Sam and Dean's mum Mary died, I loved the scene where Dean sort of broke into Sam's house where they had a small fight before Sam realized it was Dean, you have to feel bad for Sam as his girlfriend Jessica died the same way as Mary, I like how Sam and Dean's relationship develops by the end of this pilot episode, the job or case is this episode had just the right amount of horror and action to make this a fantastic pilot episode.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:39

Episode 2: Wendigo

This episode was really good, but seemed to be lacking something. The brothers also show their ability to work as a team in this episode as they formulate a plan without talking about it. Wendigo's storyline was very interesting because it was really cool. Throughout the entire episode you never really get a chance to see what the Wendigo looks like so you don't quite know what is after them. That makes this episode special because usually you get to see what they're hunting. Overall it was still great. Just not as great as the pilot episode.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:39

Episode 3: Dead In The Water

This episode is just as good as the first two episodes, the whole storyline in this episode was brilliant and I also thought this episode was slightly scary, Sheriff Jake Devins sacrificing himself to stop the attacks was a brave decision, Dean showed a softer side to himself in this episode which I thought was a nice touch and a good little character development, I love how Dean comes up with such funny cover ID's to start with, my favourite part was Dean saving the boy at the end, again the character development was good in this episode.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:40

Episode 4: Phantom Traveller

This was a great episode and also had some quite brilliant moments, I would never of guessed Dean being afraid of anything, two funny things with Dean on the plane was when Dean was humming I think Metallic  and the other was when the plane was going down, I liked how for the first time this season they get a clue that John might still be alive, I hope the show continues with the odd bit of information that John Winchester, Dean and Sam looked very funny in those mortician outfits and how everyone they talk to when they are undercover of sorts believe who they say they are.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:48

Episode 5: Bloody Mary

This was a brilliant episode, I found the job in this episode to be very exciting and scary at certain points, the nightmares Sam is having is a good little side story but also strange, Jill all but killed herself by acting stupid, Dean and Sam always find somebody to help them, the message Dean, Sam and Charlie found behind Jill's mirror was just weird but it helped them figure out why bad things were happening, Charlie needing help was expected but the way Dean and Sam stopped the evil thing was brilliant, the secret Sam was keeping was massive.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:49

Episode 6: Skin

This was a really good episode just not as good as the previous one, I liked the fact that the job ended up having something to do with demons, the demon Dean and Sam had to stop was pretty dangerous one which ended up getting Dean in trouble, the best part had to be fake Dean talking to tied up Sam, Sam should follow Dean's advice and cut off all contact to his previous life, Dean being wanted by police was really the only option, I was getting confused when the demon kept changing skins, that brutal fight between fake Dean and Sam was brilliant, the ending was great.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:49

Episode 7: Hookman

This was a great episode, I thought the Hookman was nothing but a vengeful spirit but I was wrong and the Hookman turned out to be a guardian of sorts, there were a couple of scary moments in this episode, the Hookman myth was good and the way they stopped the Hookman was great and also had great visual effects, I loved all the references Dean kept making about Sam's college life in this episode, the continuing storyline about about Sam and Dean's father is good, Dean looking for the Hookman's unmarked grave was good, seeing Dean and Sam in a library just seems funny.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:50

Episode 8: Bugs

This was yet another great episode, the whole bug thing in this episode was good and also scary if you don't like bugs, my favourite part of this episode is Sam and Dean getting mistaken for a gay couple, the ending of the case with Sam and Dean fighting off thousands of bees while protecting Larry and his family was brilliant, I sort of thought Matt had something to do with the bug attacks but I was completely wrong, there were some nice Dean and Sam moments in this episode, I have to admit I am not a true lover of bugs episodes but this one was not to bad.

Episode 9: Home

This was a brilliant episode and my new favourite episode this season, I like how near the start Sam lets Dean know about his visions, the case in this episode at Dean and Sam's old house was brilliant and had loads of excitement and action throughout the episode, this episode did have its scary and strange moments like the repair man being injured, the scenes that had Missouri in were my favourite parts, finding out one of the spirits was Dean and Sam's mum after saving Jenny and her kids was great as was us finding out daddy Winchester was with Missouri.

Episode 10: Asylum

This was a very good episode in my opinion, the job in this episode was pretty interesting and had its scary moments, I enjoyed all the scenes inside of the Asylum, Sam shooting Dean with rock salt and what followed was my favourite part, Gavin kissing one of the spirits was nasty, the jokes Dean made about Sam's abilities was good, the Dean, Sam and their missing father John's storyline is getting better with each episode and at the end of this episode Dean and Sam get a phone call from their father John.

Episode 11: Scarecrow

This was an episode I really enjoyed watching, the reason I enjoyed this episode so much was that Dean and Sam went their own ways for a little while, Meg seems to be an interesting character but one that I don't really like or trust that much, the scenes that Sam and Meg had were great to watch and the ending 5 minutes or so were my favourite parts of this episode, the phone call Dean and Sam had was brilliant and a highlight for this episode, It may have been me but I found everyone in that small town a little creepy and I was a little freaked out by that scarecrow, the quote the good of the many out ways the good of the one is so stupid.

Episode 12: Faith

This was a great episode and one with a very strong storyline, Dean getting seriously hurt and only given a month to live was good and what was even better was when Dean found out that when he was healed by Rev. Roy Le Grange  somebody else had to die in his place, the whole Reaper thing was great for this episode as it was not a monster they could just kill, Julie Benz did a great job of playing Layla Rourke and I was a little dissapointed that Layla did not get saved meaning she will die from her illness, the only thing I did not like that much was the background music Fear The Reaper as the killings were taking place.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:51

Episode 13: Route 666

This episode was an average episode, the only two things that saved this from being a poor episode was the little character development we got with Dean and the speech Mrs. Robinson gave about her husband, I found the speech to be the best part about this episode, I was kind of shocked to learn that Dean of all people was truly in love and his goodbye to Cassie was pretty good, the supernatural thing in this episode was not that good and a little boring to be truthful, I thought the car chase in this episode was good and the one terrible thing about this episode was Cassie as I thought her character was rubbish and sometimes quite annoying but maybe that was just me.

Episode 14: Nightmare

This in my opinion was a decent episode, I did like how this was different from other episodes as Dean and Sam did not deal with Demons or Ghosts but rather a boy with telepathic powers, the abilities that Sam has for me would be a concern but it is also a good bit of character development, Max having telepathic powers and using them to kill family members because of abuse after his mother died was good but also showed that without help and support Sam could turn into a bad person like Max, Max dying in the end was a shame, the scene with Sam and Max talking and learning both their mothers died the same way was the highlight of this episode.

Episode 15: The Benders

This was a very good episode and yet again not like the other episodes, the villains of this episode were just plain crazy humans who like hunting and killing humans for fun, Sam being kidnapped by the sadistic family was great and also kept us all on the edge of out seats till the very end, the way Dean acted throughout this episode acting all concerned for Sam was brilliant, Kathleen has become one of my favourite guest stars in this first season, Dean said allot of smart ass comments in this episode but my favourite one has to be I get demons but people are crazy.

Episode 16: Shadow

I thought this was a great episode from start to finish, the return of Meg was good and yet again Nicki Aycox put in an outstanding performance as Meg, Meg was very clever in the way she got Sam to walk himself and Dean into a trap, It was long overdue but we finally got a John, Dean and Sam reunion even if it was for a brief time, I guess Meg was right about Dean and Sam being John's weakness, one part I thought was very funny was when the woman caught Sam spying on Meg getting changed, Dean delivered some more great lines in this episode, this episode did a outstanding job of building up the first season storyline.

Episode 17: Hell House

I thought this was a pretty decent episode, the main villain in this episode turning out to be mystical symbol was good as it had not been done before but overall the case was a little boring and the ending of the case was rubbish, this episode also did a great job of dealing with some guys acting like amateur paranormal investigators, A.J. Buckley and Shane Meier were both impressive and funny in this episode as the paranormal investigators, one other thing I noticed about this episode was that it had allot more comedy moments than all the previous episodes and that was mainly down to the jokes Dean and Sam played on each other.

Episode 18: Something Wicked

This was a very good episode, this episode was good for many reasons one of those reasons being Dean having to relive a childhood memory, the way Dean made this case personal was good to see as it showed us a different side to him, Dean and Sam using Michael as bait to stop the Shtriga was a risk that I for one wouldn't of taken but in the end it worked, I loved the part when that Elderly Patient caused Dean and Sam to jump, the look on Dean's face after being scared was brilliant, the comment Dean made about the elderly patient once they got back to the motel was funny but Sam teasing Dean about what happened was funnier.

Author: spratt89    Time: 2-4-2010 07:52

Episode 19: Provenance

This was a good episode with a very strong supporting cast, I thought this was a very strong episode for Sam as he liked Sarah but was afraid to get close to her because of what happened to Jessica, the way Dean tried to hook Sam and Sarah up was kind of sweet but in the end Sam and Sarah did kind of hook up, the case itself was good but the shock that the little girl killed the family was well shocking and a great twist that I never saw coming, Dean made a great comment towards the end and that comment was, I'm the one who burned the doll and destroyed the spirit, but don't thank me or anything.

Episode 20: Dead Man's Blood

This was a great episode that also saw the return of Daddy Winchester John, this could be a pivotal episode in this first season as we are introduced to the Colt Gun, the back story of the colt gun was told very well by John, the way Dean and Sam both interacted with John was great to see and it also revealed what was causing the tension between John and Sam, the hunt to get the colt back was good and the introduction of Vampires into the show was also nice to see as it is really the only thing they have not done before, the whole thing about only being able to kill Vampires by beheading was good as that was also different from other shows.

Episode 21: Salvation

This was a brilliant episode, Meg killing 2 of John's friends to try and get hold of the colt made this episode exciting and full of suspense and the way the episode ended was perfect and has set us up nicely for the season finale, I have to say yet again that Nicky Aycox did an incredible job of portraying Meg, I loved the comment Dean made about him having a better chance of winning the lottery than John answering his phone, Dean and Sam interacted unbelievably well in this episode and had some great moments like when Dean told Sam he is barely holding it together.

Episode 22: Devil's Trap

This was a cracking season finale with tons of action and drama, the exorcism Dean and Sam did on Meg was both frightening and a little sad to watch at the end, the introduction of Bobby and the Book Of Solomon are great additions to the show, my favourite scene in this episode was when John was possessed and holding Dean and Sam captive, the ending to this episode with Dean, Sam and John in the car and then being hit by a large truck whose driver was possessed by a demon was brilliant and has left us with an unbelievably good cliffhanger, I am impressed with how Dean is able to keep his emotions in check by making smart ass comments all the time.

Author: spratt89    Time: 3-26-2010 11:56     Subject: Supernatural Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 2 begins
Author: spratt89    Time: 3-26-2010 12:06

Episode 1: In My Time Of Dying

This was a great start to season 2, I like that this episode started off exactly where the last episode finished, the main thing that I liked about this episode was that Dean while near death had a reaper coming for him, I enjoyed watching the scenes between Dean and Tessa even if Tessa turned out to be the reaper, I was torn on how to feel about John dying after making a deal with the yellow eyed demon to save Dean, the best scene from this episode for me was the Sam using a Ouija board to communicate with Dean, the most touching part of this episode was the conversation John and Dean had just before John died.

Episode 2: Everybody Loves A Clown

I thought this was a good episode, my favourite part of this episode was the burning of the body/funeral of Dean and Sam's father John, I found it funny when Jo punched Dean in the face, the case of the killer clown was great and a little funny to watch, the very first scene Dean had with the blind guy/killer clown was another funny part of this episode, I hope we see Ellen and Jo again at some point as they could be good for the show, Ash was a very likeable character, It may of taken to the end of this episode but we finally got to see Dean show some feelings for John's death, one other thing that was funny about this episode was the mini van Dean and Sam had to use.

Episode 3: Bloodlust

This was another good episode, it may only be me but I loved the first scene of Dean driving the newly repaired Impala while Sam made some jokes, I like the fact that after just 3 episodes of season 2 Dean and Sam have already made Gordon a fellow hunter dislike them, my favourite scene from this episode has to be the conversation Dean and Sam had in the parking lot which ended with Dean punching Sam, I had to agree with Sam that if these vampires were not killing anybody then they are not evil, in my opinion this episode gave Dean and possibly Sam some character development.

Author: spratt89    Time: 3-26-2010 12:07

Episode 4: Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

This was a great episode to watch, I could not believe Sam and a reluctant Dean go and visit their mums grave and somehow stumble into something supernatural going on, I can admit the only downside to this episode was that is was to easy to figure out it was Neil that brought Angela back from the dead, damn Dean was on edge in this episode and he was a little scary more than once, my favourite part of this episode was the ending when Dean finally opened up about his feelings to Sam about their fathers death, Neil kind of got was coming to him in the end for bringing Angela back.

Episode 5: Simon Said

This was another great episode, the main reason I thought this episode was great was because we got back on track with Sam and his psychic powers caused by the yellow eyed demon, It might only be me but I am hoping that something happens between Dean and Jo as I think they would make a good couple, I found it a little funny that Andy talked Dean into giving him the Impala, the suicides in this episode were disturbing and the most disturbing was the lady setting herself on fire, I absolutely loved the twist that Andy had an evil twin brother called Ansen, I'm glad that Ellen and Jo now know of Sam's powers as they can now help.

Episode 6: No Exit

This was a brilliant episode to watch, I can now say without a shadow of a doubt that I don't see Dean and Jo getting together as Ellen would probably kill Dean, Jo was quite bossy and a little annoying so  I don't think she should be a hunter, I loved how the evil thing Dean, Sam and Jo were after in this episode turned out to be the first ever US Serial Killer H. H. Holmes, the only bad thing about this episode is how the hell could nobody hear the walls being smashed in, you have to love the way they buried H H Holmes once and for all so he cant hurt anybody else, I loved the twist at the end of this episode as we learnt that John was responsible for Jo's father dying.

Author: spratt89    Time: 3-26-2010 12:08

Episode 7: The Usual Suspects

This was a pretty great episode in my opinion, the best parts of this episode for me was when Dean was being sarcastic as it made me laugh every time, I like how at the beginning of this episode they kept going back and forth between past and present time of the case they were working on, I liked the fact that the vengeful spirit that was responsible for a couple of deaths was only getting revenge on the people who killed her, I thought that Linda Blair did a pretty good job of playing Det. Diana Ballard, I was not all that surprised that Det. Peter Sheridan turned out to be a bad guy as I never liked him from the first moment we saw him.

Episode 8: Crossroad Blues

This was a very good episode to watch, the only downside to this episode was that it was a little slow paced at the beginning, the biggest thing to come from this episode is the fact that Dean and Sam's father John may be in hell due to the deal he made to save Dean's life, It might only be me but Dean is scary when he acts as if his life does not mean anything, those devil dogs are just plain scary and I would hate to have one of them after me, I really did think Dean was going to make the deal to bring John back for a second, I would say Dean got more character development in this episode.

Episode 9: Croatoan

I thought this was a pretty good episode, the ending to this episode was my favourite part as they have teased us about what John whispered into Dean's ear before he died in the season 2 premier, I  the action scenes in this episode but I kind of hoped for more, I really enjoyed the emotional talk Dean and Sam had at the hospital after Sam kind of got effected, I did find it a little creepy how everyone effected in the town could just disappear, what really annoyed me was that Sarge got killed at the end by Duane Tanner who was possessed by a demon connected to the yellow eyed demon.

Episode 10: Hunted

This was a brilliant episode, this episode was definitely driven by the yellow eyed demon storyline, the major thing to come out of this episode for me was that Dean let Sam know that John told him to save Sam and if that fails kill Sam, I loved the Ava Wilson character as I found her funny most of the time, Gordon returning and being a pain in the side of Dean and Sam again all because he knows about Sam's powers was great to see, I had a big grin on my face when Sam got Gordon arrested after surviving his little death trap while saving Dean, It was a little sad to see that Ava might of joined the dark side after her fiancée had been killed by a demon.

Author: spratt89    Time: 3-26-2010 12:09

Episode 11: Playthings

This was a good episode, my favourite scene from this episode was when Sam was drunk and called Dean Bossy and Short which was followed by a slightly weird conversation between Dean and Sam, I find it funny how some people seem to think Dean and Sam are a gay couple when they go to get a room to stay in while working a case, I was somewhat shocked to learn that Maggie the imaginary friend of Tyler's turned out to be Rose's sister who was responsible for the bad things that had happened at the building, I was happy that Susan said thanks to Dean and Sam.

Episode 12: Nightshifter

This was an unbelievable episode to watch, Charles Malik Whitfield as FBI Agent Victor Henricksen is a great addition to the show as a possible recurring character and a new problem for Dean and Sam to worry about, Ronald Reznick was a brilliant character for this episode and I was a little sad when he got killed, It seemed that Ronald dying effected Dean for a brief moment, I really do hate shape shifters as they are so damn tricky and clever and always seem to kick Dean's butt, I loved how Dean and Sam just walked out of the bank dressed as SWAT Officers and made there escape.

Episode 13: Houses Of The Holy

This was a very good episode, the main thing to come from this episode was Sam clinging on to his faith which Dean even if he did not believe in helped him do in the end as it might save him from what is coming, I like that throughout this whole episode they made you think it was an Angel that was making these people commit the murders of evil people but it was just a dead Priest called Father Gregory who thinks he is doing Gods work, my favourite scenes from this episode was the Séance Sam did and what followed involving Sam, Father Gregory and Father Reynolds.

Episode 14: Born Under A Bad Sign

This was a magnificent episode, I love how this episode started with Dean searching for Sam who finally makes contact with no memory, I loved how Dean and Sam followed the bloody trail of sorts which led us to believe that Sam murdered a fellow hunter in cold blood, I really enjoyed seeing a different side to Sam in this episode even if it was because he was possessed by Meg, It was also great to see Jo return and we learned from a possessed Sam that John actually killed Jo's father Bill to put him out of his misery and that John is indeed in hell, It was great to see Bobby again and I hope we see him again soon.

Author: spratt89    Time: 3-26-2010 12:10

Episode 15: Tall Tales

This was a great episode to watch that was also a little weird, this episode had a ton of funny moments and one of my favourites was the slow dance Curtis had to do with the aliens, I like how this episode was done for the most part with Dean and Sam telling Bobby what has happened so far, It was good how Bobby was able to let Dean and Sam know what they were dealing with from their story, the trickster is a very interesting and somewhat lovable character and a adversary for Dean and Sam so I hope he returns at some point soon as Dean, Sam and Bobby think he is dead.

Episode 16: Roadkill

This was another great episode in my opinion, Tricia Helfer was brilliant in her role as Molly McNamara in this episode, the main thing I liked about this episode were the flashbacks as to how Dean and Sam pieced the case together, I loved the big twist in this episode that Molly was actually a ghost and when she accepted it she disappeared, I like how this episode showed there is such a thing as good spirits, I would say the only downside to this episode was Dean being a little irritating at times, It was nice to Sam to suggest to Dean that they bury Greely's wife.

Episode 17: Heart

This was a very good episode to watch, I found the rock, paper, scissors game between Dean and Sam on who will stay with Madison hilarious to see, It was great to see Sam act all uncomfortable around Madison at first, I felt really bad for Sam that Madison turned out to be a werewolf as he liked her but I am also glad that Sam and Dean tried but ultimately failed resulting in Sam having to kill Madison even if he did not want to do it, it might only be me but I felt bad for Dean in this episode as once he killed the werewolf who turned out to be Glenn he was left watching Glenn die.

Episode 18: Hollywood Babylon

This was a pretty decent episode as it was different from all the previous episodes, the main thing I liked about this episode was the amount of funny moments like when Dean had to pretend to be a PA and actually enjoyed doing it, I thought it was a cool twist that it was a producer called Walter Dixon who was summoning the spirits because Hollywood producers screwed around with his original movie script, I have to admit that the book the actors were reading from being slightly responsible was a little obvious, well Walter definitely got what he deserved when the spirits killed him.

Episode 19: Folsom Prison Blues

This was a brilliant episode, the return of FBI Agent Henricksen and Dean and Sam's public defender Mara Daniels were both great additions to this episode in my opinion, I like how it was Dean and Sam's plan all along to get arrested just to be sent to prison to work on the prison haunting, I really did not see Deacon being the prison guard, It is a little scary how well Dean fitted into prison life, the only bad thing about this episode was the poor escape was as I was hoping for some great escape, I loved how Mara lied to Henricksen about what Cemetery Dean and Sam were at.

Author: spratt89    Time: 3-26-2010 12:11

Episode 20: What Is and What Should Never Be

This was a great episode which had a bit of Dean character development in my opinion, the djinn monster was interesting and one that I was not sure as to weather I should like or hate it, It was so nice to see a happy and cheerful Dean for the most part even if it was all a dream caused by the djinn, my favourite part of this episode was Sam, Mary, Jessica and Carmen trying to talk Dean into not stabbing himself which would wake him up, I found It funny when Dean took Sam's phone and chucked it out of the window, I liked the scene of Dean talking to John's grave.

Episode 21: All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 1

This was a fantastic episode that leads us into the Season Finale and Part 2 Of All Hell Breaks Loose perfectly, the first part of this episode was slow but it got better after Ava killed Andy which is when we learned Ava is the undefeated Psychic Heavyweight Champion but I was smiling when Jake then killed Ava soon after, I was a little sad to learn Ash died as I liked his character,  well this episode helped us learn a few new things one of which is Sam has demon blood in him, I loved the ending to this episode when Sam got killed by Jake who I think becomes the Yellow Eyed Demons Leader.

Episode 22: All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2

This was a brilliant way to finish the second season, Dean selling his sold and being given 1 year to live just to bring Sam back to life was great to see, one of the best parts from this episode has to be when Sam gave Dean a speech about the deal he made which I found quite touching, I love the fact the gates of hell have been opened as it will make for a great season 3 in my opinion, the final showdown with the Yellow Eyed Demon which ended with Dean killing the Yellow Eyed Demon was my favourite part of this episode, I loved the family moment between Dean, Sam and John just after the Yellow Eyed Demon died and it ended with John going to Heaven I think.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0