Board logo

Subject: Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: shinny    Time: 3-30-2009 08:22     Subject: Castle Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

To discuss the first season of Castle

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 9-5-2015 15:22 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 3-30-2009 08:26     Subject: Episode 1 (Pilot)

I have to say that this was a great pilot. They started out to get the attention of the viewer and they certainly did that. You just really want to dislike Castle, but you can't really. I actually didn't think I was going to like Nathan Fillion as a leading man but I do.
Author: shinny    Time: 3-30-2009 08:29     Subject: Episodes 2 and 3

I wasn't as crazy about episode 2. I'm not entirely sure why, but it was definitely not as good as the Pilot. However, by episode 3 it had that little sparkle back so I'm really looking forward to episode 4 now.

I like the relationship between Castle and his daughter. You have to wonder who is the Parent and who is the child
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2009 11:26     Subject: Episode 4

Well this is interesting episode loved the ending with becket coming to the reading of his book nicky heat
Author: slade01    Time: 4-1-2009 12:09

The season is getting back to the quality of the pilot.

The 2nd episode had a lot to live up to and it had to develop with him as a consultant where in the pilot the story revolved around his books.

I'm so glad that this was added to the site, can't wait till next week.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-1-2009 14:31

Well, I've already commented on the first few episodes in the General Discussion thread, so I'll begin with #4.  I liked it.  I, too, got a kick out of the detective showing up at Castle's book reading, and her objection (can you blame her?) over the character's name.  "Just think of the book titles...'In Heat'".

His mother is a hoot.  SO different from the uptight mother (inlaw) she played on Dharma & Greg - but highly entertaining.  His daughter is great too.  I like that, though he is seemingly quite an old-fashioned chauvinist in many ways, there are such strong females all around him.  I wonder if we'll ever meet his ex-wife (the mother of his daughter)?  I'm curious to see what kind of woman he married - though if we meet either of his exes, we'll get to see that.

Author: carlorica    Time: 4-2-2009 07:21

Eps 4 was great. This is really a great show.

I love how he stirs things up with the detective at her job and makes fun of her but when she shows up at his place of work her does not know what to say or think. It almost looks like the two of them may hook up before the season ends.
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2009 04:16     Subject: Castle 1x05

i love murder acting between castle and detective in the apartment
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 4-7-2009 04:28     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I'm liking this show more each week.  I thought Beckett finding Castle & his daughter playing laser tag (with his mother in that green mud mask) was rather funny.  It's nice to see that side of his character too...though I enjoy his "detective" skills as well.  

I don't know that I'd like to be the guy who now lives in the apartment were they were acting out the murder.  I might just see about a rent reduction (if I wasn't previously informed of a murder taking place in my home).

Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-7-2009 09:43     Subject: Reply 9#9 waterlilybarb's post

lol - regarding the rent reduction - so true!!

I think if i was beckette I would have fallen in love with castle if i walked in on the laser tag scene!!  I just love his family life and the mother is a riot!!

good "story" with this weeks case.  and it was nice to get some more back story on Beckette - it will be interesting if castle figures out something in regards to her mothers murder!!

Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2009 10:24     Subject: Episode 6 Always Buy Retail

I thought Kate making fun of Richard nickname was great
Author: bala    Time: 4-14-2009 10:26     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

i thought his ex-wife was so funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2009 10:38     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

Deep fried twinkie
Author: bala    Time: 4-14-2009 10:47     Subject: Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

i never tasted that?

have you?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2009 10:51     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

No but my kids had it as a mars bar but it sounds gross a chocolate bar dipped in batter
Author: shinny    Time: 4-15-2009 04:25     Subject: Episdoe 5

I think this was possibly my favourite episode so far. I really liked the interactions between Castle and Beckette. He clearly cares a lot about her because he wants to help her find out who killed her mother, although you just know she's going to be really annoyed with him, initially!!

The scene at Castle's apartment was just hilarious. He's like a big kid !!

Episode 6

I thought it was hilarious when they were all in the warehouse and wearing their bullet proof vests; They all had "police" on theirs and Castle had "Writer"
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2009 08:24     Subject: Episode 7 Home Is Where the Heart Stops

I like the way Castle played Beckett on the firing range
Author: bala    Time: 4-21-2009 08:27     Subject: Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yes but there better moment when suspect came running toward Castle in the car
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2009 08:38     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

The only time he stayed in the car
Author: bala    Time: 4-21-2009 09:49     Subject: Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Exactly he can't win

but castle payback at auction was nice
Author: writemako    Time: 5-1-2009 11:08

Nice to see Nathan Fillion again I really liked him in Firefly
Author: bala    Time: 5-5-2009 10:21     Subject: Castle 1x09

Wow i can't believe what world is coming to when you have kidnap your own child just show your husband unfit father in the end now he's going custody of the kid since mother is going jail . it was great to see Carla from scrubs in another show .
Author: kwargalla    Time: 5-5-2009 13:41     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

remember it's a fiction tv show not the news  

i'm really enjoying where this show is heading.  i'm just hopig it gets renewed!!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-8-2009 07:44     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

That was a bit daft when he got the text message we're watching you and he keeps talking but after he dropped the bag off was funny with everyone with the same bag
Author: bala    Time: 5-8-2009 07:47     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

That was smart movie by kidnappers
Author: bala    Time: 5-12-2009 07:56     Subject: Episode 10

ok this was great episode but castle really had stick his nose beckett mother murder i wonder how she's going react
Author: carlorica    Time: 5-12-2009 10:27     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

Yeah I know he does that alot. but what a cliff hanger. Is she going to belt him or kiss him. I mean she did say that she would not have solved the last case without him.

This show keeps getting better and better every ep.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2009 02:56     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

But once he started he had to finish and with the answer he was damned if he did or damned if he didn't tell her the results but great cliff hanger
Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2009 03:32     Subject: Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

this was season-finale?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-13-2009 05:12     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

I thought it probably was with that ending
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-13-2009 08:37     Subject: Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

I'm pretty sure it was too.  I checked out the discussion boards on the ABC site, and it seems that, though they were supposed to air 13 episodes, they only taped 10.  

I hope it comes back because it's been getting better with each episode, and it deserves a full season for a proper assessment to be made.

Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2009 09:47     Subject: Reply 31#31 waterlilybarb's post

maybe 3 episode added onto next season
Author: shinny    Time: 5-24-2009 12:55

Just got to watch the season finale (and it was the finale, btw) - the ending was great. Just as it seems beckett is starting to like castle, this could ruin everything. I guess how it will play out is that initially she will be mad as hell but once it leads to her mother's murderer, she will be grateful to him.

The scenes with Castle and his daughter were so sweet. He didn't want her to grow up because he was afraid of losing her, but then she reassured him. You do wonder who is the parent and who is the child here, lol.

I can't wait for this to be back !!
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 5-27-2009 18:49     Subject: Flowers for Your Grave - Episode 1

Great pilot! Although it is far from meeting the quality, this pilot reminded me of the first time I saw Pushing Daisies...Dummy was the episode I saw and kept me back for more. I remember getting up at 5 in the morning before school to watch the new episode on ABC's website ...Pushing Daisies will be forever remembered...

Anyways, back to Castle...I really enjoyed Castle's family...the mother was hysterical...especially the accompaniment with her new boyfriend on the piano ... The daughter is another kid on TV that isn't a brat...I can't stand kids that think being snobbish to their parents is funny ... Yes, I do feel sometimes like my parents make my life a living hell but there's something called self-restraint...like a seat belt. Am I getting off topic or what... I'll make the rest short...the episode was great and I'll be ready for more next week. This has so much potential...hopefully it'll survive the next few years on ABC.
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-21-2009 05:22     Subject: Castle Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiered September 21, 2009

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 10-24-2010 09:30 ]
Author: bala    Time: 8-21-2009 05:28     Subject: Reply 1#1 spratt89's post

Wow that still long way off
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2009 11:25

Episode 1: Flowers For Your Grave

Great episode, I liked how two extra crimes were committed to cover up the first one, Castle was great and knows how to really get under the skin of Kate, was also great when Castle chased Harrison and even let himself get taken hostage even though the gun had the safety on, Kate was harsh handcuffing Castle to the car but Castle still did what he wanted do to. I like the scenes where Castle talks to Alexis and Martha about the case he is on.
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2009 11:26

Episode 2: Nanny McDead

Another great episode, I loved how Castle stole some more evidence and then figures out something the cops missed, it was brilliant how Kate talked Chloe into putting the knife down and I liked the connection that Kate and Castle are developing which can only get better as the season goes on. Castle seems to be a natural at investigating crimes.
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2009 11:26

Episode 3: Hedge Fund Homeboys

This was a great episode, I liked the two moments with Castle and Alexis as they talk about things they may or may not have done, Brandon thought he was so clever but he got out smarted by Castle of all people, the ending was quite funny with Castle and Alexis leaving and then Martha having a load of mature people coming round for a party.
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2009 11:27

Episode 4: Hell Hath No Fury

Great episode, was funny when Castle made the phone call to hire Tiffany and was sweet when he also brought the precinct a Espresso Machine, Castle still knows how to get on Kate’s nerves but then in the end Kate turned up at Castle’s book signing to get on his nerves but my best part was when she found out what her character’s name in the book is.

Episode 5: A Chill Goes Though Her Veins

Best episode so far, this episode had a good mystery, and plenty of Comedy. I really enjoyed the scene where Castle was at home playing laser tag with his daughter, I like how Alexis seems to help Castle with the cases, the end was sweet with Kate and Castle but made better when Castle decided to look at Kate’s mum case.

Episode 6: Always Buy Retail

Great episode, I loved how Meredith made Castle act differently and was also funny how Kate kept calling Castle, Kitten which he did not like, the case was very good and had some nice twists in but I just loved how Castle got Meredith a movie part just to make sure she did not move to New York, I really loved seeing that Castle can handle himself in a gunfight. Although he didn't use a gun, he did a really good job

Episode 7: Home Is Where the Heart Stops

Another great episode, I loved how Caine got his revenge on Castle, Kate looked fantastic in that dress and Castle was kind of not thinking when he started to fight the bad guy, I thought that Castle was going to drop Kate when he saw Caine at the party. Using a charity to take photos of donor's jewels then using the records to get their names and addresses.

Episode 8: Ghosts

Great episode, lost track of how many twists there was in this case, I kind of thought that Susan was still alive and loved how both Castle and Kate let each other win in front of their friends or co-workers, Lee was just in it for the money and that makes her a bad person so good on Castle for breaking off any possible contact with her.
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2009 11:28

Episode 9: Little Girl Lost

Great episode with a twist I never saw coming, was great to see Castle act different from normal as a kid was missing, Sorenson and Kate worked quite well together, Nina in my eyes is one horrible person to do what she did to her own daughter. I like how Castle got help this time from his mother who had some insight into the case which trigger some ideas about the case Castle was working on

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 12-22-2010 00:10 ]
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2009 11:28

Episode 10: A Death In The Family

Brilliant episode, I loved how Castle wanted to scare Owen but Alexis ruined the fun for everyone, was hard for Castle to look into Kate’s mums file but the ending with Castle having to decide if he should tell Kate or not was a great way to end the first season, one more thing I have never seen Castle look so serious but it was nice to see.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 9-7-2010 10:05 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2009 02:27     Subject: Deep In Death

Well another great season opener and castle still castle and taking Russian gangster and Becket having improvise to save Castle.
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-22-2009 04:03

I loved how he was able to worm his way into the case. I cant wait to see how the two of them get together on the next one.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-22-2009 04:32     Subject: Reply 4#4 carlorica's post

Great episode i think we all knew he wouldn't follow order when playing poker and Beckett would have to rescue him but he had to go the extra mile and win the game
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2009 03:12     Subject: The Double Down

Funny episode when two separate murders are committed on the same night, Castle wagers Ryan and Esposito that he and Beckett will solve theirs first and i liked the bizarre twists in both cases
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2009 05:01     Subject: Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

yes the bet was crazy but i would like to see castle in a dress
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-29-2009 05:31     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

That would have been funny to see . I loved the fact that Becket and Castle seem to be getting along almost seems like a change of heart on her part.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2009 06:32     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

Has Castle ever lost a bet he always comes out on top
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2009 06:35     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

no but it would be funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2009 06:40     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

Or Kate with a shaved head
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-29-2009 06:47     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Now that would be really funny
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-29-2009 13:34     Subject: Reply 8#8 carlorica's post

It does seem like Beckett is changing her mind regarding her mother's case.  I think it would be interesting if they explored that.  It would give us more insight into Beckett.  It reminds me a little of Jordan's situation re: her mother's case on Crossing Jordan, but Beckett isn't obsessed like Jordan was, and she has a very different personality.
Author: carlorica    Time: 9-30-2009 06:54     Subject: Reply 13#13 waterlilybarb's post

She is not as obsessed about it now but I have to agree that she may be changing her mind and may let Castle investigate it and let her knwo about the results.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-6-2009 05:35     Subject: Castle 2x03 Inventing the Girl

Good episode when Richard found out that the model that gave him her number was the babysitter it was priceless
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-6-2009 06:52

Yes, but I liked the ending
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2009 08:43

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-6-2009 13:35  
Good episode when Richard found out that the model that gave him her number was the babysitter it was priceless
It would of been more amusing if he had slept with her and next day her daughter catch her sneaking out say hi to  her and castle do you know her?, she says yeah she was my babysitter. That would been priceless
Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2009 07:43     Subject: Fool Me Once

This was one complicated con and i found it amusing as castle and becket trying figure it out.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-13-2009 13:39     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

The end was funny when Beckett went to the toilet to find the sex part in Castle's book and he popped his head over and told her what page it was on
Author: slade01    Time: 10-13-2009 13:44     Subject: Reply 18#18 bala's post

This was a great episode, all the twists and turns - kept you guessing.  It was the best episode this series.

Castle and Beckett make a great team.

I thought the toilet scene was a bit weird.  It was funny but it could have gone seriously wrong if he hadn't guessed correctly why she went in the bathroom.
Author: munch    Time: 10-14-2009 13:25     Subject: Reply 20#20 slade01's post

I thought it a locker room and not a bathroom.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-20-2009 04:41     Subject: 2x05 When the Bough Breaks

I cant believe he would turn down a book deal about a British secret agent to do another Nicky Heat book, it is not as if he needs the money
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2009 06:09     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

i think you know what he would miss if he took that book deal .  something you can't put a price on
Author: bala    Time: 10-27-2009 11:21     Subject: Vampire Weekend

Who would thought a 3 year old would remember how his mother died that rather interesting
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-3-2009 10:04     Subject: 2x07 Famous Last Words

Interesting episode when an up-and coming rock star's body is found in a scene that appears staged from her recent music video but her last song told the truth with some help from Alexis
Author: bala    Time: 11-4-2009 02:28     Subject: Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

i found it interesting that she told cop the truth after she died in a song was kind of original
Author: bala    Time: 11-11-2009 11:23     Subject: Kill the Messenger

Great episode i mean trying figure out which one responsible for murder 10 year old case . when they raided old women house was amusing .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-12-2009 11:33     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

The raid was funny   and so was Martha on the computer dating with old photo
Author: bala    Time: 11-17-2009 11:43     Subject: Love Me Dead

Great episode figure DA was actually moonlight as a Pimp -it was surprise everyone thinking he was good guy but it was actually that women who kill him .

That guy they pick up who wanted to be a locksmith would be a great addition to cast there were great pair castle and him when beckett made both seat at back was funny
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-17-2009 11:53     Subject: Reply 29#29 bala's post

I figured Scarlett was more involved before the shooting
Author: bala    Time: 11-24-2009 12:18     Subject: One Man's Treasure

Well this was interesting turn of event so girlfriend and guy were playing spy game and he lost but figure out how company was illegal dumping the batteries acid into the sea
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-28-2009 11:52     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Two women arriving to ID his body added a new twist to the case and Alexis did well finding who the photos belonged to
Author: bala    Time: 12-8-2009 04:01     Subject: the 5th bullet

i knew that guy who lost his memory wasn't the killer but nice frame job on him-talk about second chance with his ex-wife .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-8-2009 13:07     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

I liked the way Castle got the amnesia guy to sigh his name and i thought the end was funny when the one said that one has 15 years of baggage and the other is on a first date
Author: bala    Time: 1-12-2010 07:20     Subject: A Rose For Ever After

Castle getting tied up by his daughter was funny espically after he asked her to do it than she took money out his wallet and walked away
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-12-2010 14:15     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

And his escape afterwards was inventive with the rubbish bin and a nice line from Kyra of all the murders in all the city's at all the weddings then you walk into mine
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-19-2010 09:49     Subject: 2x13 Sucker Punch

Great episode Beckett was so close in finding out who ordered her mothers killing but at least she got the killer
Author: carlorica    Time: 1-19-2010 11:38     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

I have to agree and I also like the fact that she wants Castle to stick around is good.

Makes for a great rest of the season.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-26-2010 07:14     Subject: 2x14 The Third Man

Good episode i thought when Castle tried to keep Beckett from finding out that they've been romantically linked when he's featured as one of New York's 10 most eligible bachelors was funny and what a unusual way the squatter picked his place to stay
Author: bala    Time: 1-31-2010 02:35     Subject: Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

Yes it does teaches you a lesson never hold magazine subscription
Author: bala    Time: 2-9-2010 08:45     Subject: Episode 15

Wow this episode started out boring but for once it had a happy ending with daughter and the wife finding out about each other. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-9-2010 11:42     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Beckett introducing herself to Joe Torre and getting tongue tied was funny
Author: bala    Time: 2-9-2010 11:49     Subject: Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

I don't know who he is
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-9-2010 11:53     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

I think he was a former Baseball player
Author: bala    Time: 2-9-2010 12:03     Subject: Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

I think that make sense since the episode was baseball murder .
Author: slade01    Time: 2-9-2010 16:18     Subject: Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

Yeah, Beckett getting star struck was funny but that was about the best part.

Quite predictable and boring.  I really look forward to Castle but this was not a good episode, hope the next one will redeem it to its former glory!
Author: bala    Time: 3-9-2010 07:41     Subject: The MIstress Always Spanks Twice

This episode was very adult rated but it's such a shame it was her roommate who kill her not one her clients. .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-11-2010 12:20     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

That was a surprise and all because she washed the pillow case
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2010 12:25     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

I just don't understand,  doing a research paper is one thing but becoming the subject of the paper was going overboard plus she didn't even get a grade for her research . All that hard work for nothing
Author: kwargalla    Time: 3-22-2010 22:04     Subject: Tonight's episode

All I can say is OMG!!! i hate cliff hangers!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I will probably have more to say tomorrow but am wordless at the moment

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-22-2010 22:07     Subject: Reply 50#50 kwargalla's post

I hear ya' Kim!  Glad it's back with new epis though.
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2010 08:38     Subject: Reply 51#51 waterlilybarb's post

it was a great episode-reminds me on first episode of the show.
Author: kwargalla    Time: 3-23-2010 17:17

What I want to know is how Beckette survives!! My guess is that she jumped into the bath tub.  cause you know she's not dead but what a way to end an episode.  i'm still in shock for what castle is gonna go through till they find her.
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2010 23:07     Subject: Reply 53#53 kwargalla's post

And the guilt he caused the explosion because he call her
Author: carlorica    Time: 3-24-2010 08:06     Subject: Reply 53#53 kwargalla's post

I have to agree Beckette can't be dead and it sure is a great way to leave us hanging until the Fall.

Castle will go crazy until they find her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-24-2010 09:31     Subject: Reply 53#53 kwargalla's post

That would be the only was she could of survived that but what a great cliffhanger

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0