Board logo

Subject: Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: janenjab    Time: 6-23-2007 12:12     Subject: Gilmore Girls Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This is a general discussion thread for Gilmore Girls Season One feel free to participate. Here's an editorial review featured on Amazon.com:

A very atypical mother-daughter relationship is at the center of Gilmore Girls, a comedy-drama that immediately set itself apart from the herd with smarter-than-smart dialogue and an endearing mix of whimsical comedy and family drama. Set in the Capra-esque burg of Stars Hollow, where everybody knows everyone and eccentrics abound, Gilmore Girls was less a mother-daughter show and more of a screwball buddy comedy in which the two buddies happened to be parent and child. Pregnant at 16, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) left her rich parents to bring up her daughter Rory (Alexis Bledel) on her own terms; when Rory herself turns 16, Lorelai wants to send her academically gifted daughter to the prestigious Chilton school. The catch is, Lorelai can't afford it on her own, and rather than let Rory go without, the elder Gilmore girl brokers an uneasy truce with her parents (Edward Herrmann and Kelly Bishop), who finally get a chance to bond with their granddaughter while financing her education.

It sounds like a premise potentially fraught with angst and trauma, but in reality Gilmore Girls was one of the freshest, airiest, most enjoyable shows to air on the perpetually melodramatic WB network, critically praised once viewers got hooked on its unique brand of humor. Rory's growing-up adventures, including her acclimation to snooty Chilton and romance with townie dreamboat Dean (Jared Padalecki), gave the show a teen-friendly feel, but Gilmore Girls was anchored in the adult by the luminous Graham, a brilliant comedic leading lady who could turn dramatic on a dime and never break stride. The show's hallmark was its rat-a-tat, whipsmart dialogue, delivered perfectly by Graham and Bledgel, as well as a host of wacky supporting characters who would go on to become invaluable cast members. The first season allowed the show--and its lead actresses--to bloom gracefully and establish a deep, humorous rapport that lent itself perfectly to weekly travails both comedic and dramatic. --Mark Englehart

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-10-2015 18:53 ]
Author: gilmoreluv4life    Time: 6-23-2007 14:42

wow season 1....it feels like so long ago. i definitely loved season 1 because it was one of the most genuine "gilmore girl" seasons. there were tons of references and all the old music and movies were rather educating for me. the first few episodes really sent out the message that GG is a truly unique show that emphasizes the importance of mother-daughter relationships. i was more interested in lorelai's relationship with max and rory's adjusting to chilton, but i didnt really ccare much for luke or dean...that came later . i'd say more but i cant really remember details...i should set a marathon for myself
Author: gilmoreluv4life    Time: 6-23-2007 14:44

i loved the introduction of jess and the goodbye to tristan. it was right to let go of tristan because it would be complicated for 3 guys to be after rory. i was sad for max to go and later chris, but lorelai definitely kept the audience in suspense! i loved the basket episode...and when luke and jess were looking for an apartment - jess was a great character, despite his wild side.
Author: gilmoreluv4life    Time: 6-23-2007 14:47

season 3 was one of my favorites. i kinda liked that lor wasn't really "with" anyone for a long time, cause it gave her the freedom to have the single pizzazz. rory and jess was my favorite part and focus - like everyone says, great chemistry. my favorite episodes were the dance marathon (the girls were beautiful!) and the finale....rory's speech makes me cry everytime. and back then i was totally rooting for lor and luke, so the beginning and end dreams sent me through the roof!
Author: gilmoreluv4life    Time: 6-23-2007 14:50

hmmmm....season 4 lagged for a while in my opinion. i was sad about the lor and rory separation and i missed their everyday banter (the phone wasn't the same) rory wasn't really with anyone, which got kind of boring and i hated jason. but the end was amazing - one of my favorite scenes of all time was the famous lor/luke dance....and the finale was great. rory was stupid to sleep with dean but at least it added drama for the audience!
Author: gilmoreluv4life    Time: 6-23-2007 14:52

fifth season was AMAZING. finally lor and luke were together and logan was a big catch. i loved the you jump i jump....ummmm and the beginning ones with luke and lorelai first starting to date. the end was sweet and sour - with rory dropping out of yale and lorelai getting engaged, and a great cliffhanger for next year. i liked the extras on the 5th season dvd...especially the tours of the set!
Author: gilmoreluv4life    Time: 6-23-2007 14:54

I didn't really like season 6. The first half was happy because of the engagement and upsetting that Rory wasn't at Yale where she belonged. Then when things become right between the girls, April shows up and screws up everything. The only part I liked with April was her b-day party. I also loved Martha's Vineyard....so cute. Wow I should let someone else talk, lol.
Author: gilmoreluv4life    Time: 6-23-2007 14:58

i know the new producers shouldnt be blamed, but season 7 was bad without amy. luke and lor were meant to be after 9-10 years, the sudden marriage of chris and lor made it so obvious that they were going to break up. the end wasn't satisfying because i wanted to see more of luke and lor together. im happy that rory said no to logan's proposal because she was too young to get married and she still needed time to settle down with a job and be a true adult out of high school. i also loved paris and doyle...in seasons 6 and 7 they made up when the show lagged. my favorite episode were the ones at the end, especially the karaoke.
Author: bala    Time: 6-24-2007 01:18     Subject: Season 4

Since you didn't create a season 4 thread i will discuss it here since assuming people are watching season 5 will post here.

ok i'm angry at Rory for sleeping with Dean-he's a married man and she shouldn't of done that . i hate that she did that-she knows better. i'm fan Rory and dean but dean is married to Lindsey and should be off-limits.
Author: bala    Time: 6-24-2007 01:27     Subject: well

I found season 7 all over the place it has no consistency you could see the writer had difficulty maintain a good story-line-i agree marriage to chris was so annoying. Luke and her should have been together. it going to be a show i'm really going to miss but i havn't seen season 5 or season 6 so it's not over yet for me.

The reason i liked this show is because it's a family show i'm a big fan of family show-it suitable show you can watch with your kids.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-24-2007 09:38     Subject: Reply bala's post

There is a season 4 discussion. I created a discussion for each season. I believe season 4 was bumped down to the second page. As you can see I moved you post over to the correct thread. As always,

Happy Viewing!
Author: bala    Time: 6-24-2007 11:07     Subject: Thank you

sorry i didn't realise there second page to this place
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-24-2007 15:28     Subject: UNBELIEVABLE!

OMG! WOW WOW WOW! This season was unbelievable! I mean wow so much happened... I don't have enough words I can't even think straight! I just got through with the finale and I'm floored! The entire season was great. So much happened.. wait I said that already! I think they did indeed hit a new level in this season. There were so many great episodes. It was like a huge emotional roller coaster. I have to say so far it's one of my fav seasons! I mean we come back right where a jaw dropping finale picked up to end off with another jaw dropping finale. All the stories and sub plots in this season were fantastic. So much drama, heartbreak, lovers, new experiences, emotions, unexpected twists and turns. Rory and Dean story, Luke and Lorelai's story then this new guy that totally swiped Rory off her feet. I'm sure I'm just blabbering now there's too much on my mind and this finale has me itching for the next season ASAP! SO off I go!

All the emotions I experienced this season:

... ... ... ... ...   ...   ...    ...   ... .... ....

Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2007 01:18     Subject: i agree

The first season was brilliant because we introduced to a single mother who had raise her daughter by herself without a man and she did a brilliant job. i like how they are so close to each other.

Than we met luke, suki,michelle

we found a lot a few things about them as episode went on and on.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-25-2007 05:51

So far I've watched the first 10 episodes of this season. I really liked the first episode. The proposal and acceptance so cute! I loved that Jess came back and knocked some sense into Rory's head he's a stand up guy!   I don't like that Chris is back in the girls lives once again, I know he's not a bad guy but grrrr we all know what he does when he comes into the story    Also Paul Anka is so cute a great addition!   And OMG LUKE HAS A KID!   Well I want to find out what's going to happen so I'm off to watch more epis.
Author: bala    Time: 6-25-2007 06:55     Subject: i watched first 2 episode so far

i've just finished season 4 and moving to season 5.

rory writing a letter-knew that would end bad

Emily & richard on the rock -still emily climbing out a window without her trouser was   

:lol :lol
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-25-2007 21:32     Subject: Season Three Discussion!

Can't remember which episode number or title, either "Devilled Eggs..", or when Sherry had the baby...

Has anyone else noticed that Chris & Sherry's daughter Gigi's name is a nod to the title of our show?

I know Lorelai was peeved that Sherry was "copying" her, by giving her a cute nickname with the same sounds in both syllables, but, come on, Gigi...GG.

Just a thought. !
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-26-2007 17:06

Wow ok I just got done with this season...   I was sad at the end of the finale... I don't want to jump into any conclusions yet so I wont comment much on it ...   Luke and Lorelai are meant for each other. Now I wonder how AS-P would have taken this story, I know I'll find out how the new writers did but I can't help but wonder where her road would have lead the show. Well on to the next season. I'm still holding out hope for my fav couple no matter what! And there better be a movie or at least AS-P should tell us how she would have taken the story!

Off I go now
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-26-2007 18:50

... ...

I've just watched the first two episodes of this season and so far... GRRRR   The usual quizzical fast paced banter has disappeared... don't even get me started on the Luke and Lorelai storyline I miss AS-P   If this is what the rest of the season will look like then I'm glad the ended before going on with another season like these two episodes I've seen. Really is there anything to look forward to here? Does it get even a little better? There a few okay parts but things drag on too long. I think only my loyalty will get me through this and to get some sort of closure or something like it. I really don't like how it's headed tho.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-27-2007 09:56

Okay the next few episodes I watched weren't as bad as the first two or so. I guess the new writers and producer are trying to gain their legs. But I can't help but notice the difference in writing through the dialog between the characters. There are points where the conversations and actions seem OOC in my opinion. And of course I don't like where I see Chris and Lorelai are headed
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-27-2007 12:48     Subject: Reply #5 janenjab's post

Try not to get too upset, Jane.  The season shapes up much better that it begins.  Of course, it's not a good as I would have liked, but it's OK.  Will be interested to see how you like the rest of season 7...which, of course, left me , mainly because it was the end.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-27-2007 20:30     Subject: Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

Yes, I see that it gets a little better but it's not close to AS-P but okay as you say. I was just watching an episode where the continuity is way off. You can tell the new writers are a bit off on the background of these characters. Its the episode where Rory has two new friends over to the house in Stars Hallow while Lorelai and Chris are in Paris. One of the friends points out growth chart of sorts on the door of the hallway closet that documented Rory's height at different ages as she was growing up and pointed out one that had the hight when she was seven implying that they lived in that house then and we all know that's not the case as we found out the got the house when Rory was around 12. I guess watching these shows back to back makes me able to pick out these errors easier. LOL But there are also a few errors all along the series that I picked up.

Anyways back to the show...
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-27-2007 20:47

MARRIED?!?!  
Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2007 04:59     Subject: season 5

ok i'm on episode 8 of this season, so we meet logan -was wondering when we will see him-you see i'm jumped to season 7 when it start this year now i'm backtracking.not happy with dean and rory but i know logan her man .just got vip card this morning
Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2007 11:32     Subject: half way throught season 5

OMG-i can't believe how in last 3 episodes 12-14 they broke up and i couldn't believe how vulnerable she was. it's first time she ever let a man make her feel so bad Lorelai  should told Luke about Chris but i understand why she didn't, now Rory man has she grown she not that shy little girl any more-gutsy moved making a move on Logan during her grandparents wedding renewal ceremony and i like how Lorelai refuses talk to Emily-i can't wait until tomorrow watch next episode i have just watch 5 episodes back-to-back.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-28-2007 11:40     Subject: Reply #6 bala's post

lol i've done the same with watching the epis back-to-back I remember that set! Those were really great episodes I think thats what made me really like this season!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-28-2007 15:23     Subject: Reply #8 janenjab's post

I KNOW!?!   That was a shocker for me too, especially since Rory wasn't even at the wedding.  Keep watching, it gets better...depending on how you look at it.
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2007 03:46     Subject: it nice

i can't believe i wasted a day watching this-i'm happy but i really should be job hunting-i'm almost finished season 5
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-29-2007 19:18

SNIFFLES

Wow I think that this season shaped up quite nicely after a bit of an iffy start. I just got through watching the finale and I am surprised, I think they did a nice job. (Mind you I'm still dying to know AS-P's final 4 words and how she would end it!) You were right Barb the episodes did get better.

SIGH

The finale definitely brought tears to my eyes and it ended on a good note. I'm just so sad to see it go.

But I do feel strangely content (aside from the 4 words eating away at me). I'm going to miss these wonderful characters but I'm glad that I have the opportunity to always go back and reminisce. This is definitely one of my all time favorite shows and I'd recommend it to anyone! I wish this show didn't have to end, but as they say all good things must come to end.

BON VOYAGE
Author: bala    Time: 6-30-2007 03:06

Quote:
Originally posted by janenjab at 6-25-2007 13:51
So far I've watched the first 10 episodes of this season. I really liked the first episode. The proposal and acceptance so cute! I loved that Jess came back and knocked some sense into Rory's head he' ...
This is where i'm upto right now so i agree but you can't blame logan to be jealous of Jess, it nice to see how he handle the situation and reunion with her mother was good so it coming eventually. Luke has a kid i understand why he didn't tell her that what's going break them up i suspect but i'm not sure, that's thing with these drama you really didn't see that coming. So now chris is loaded he feel guilty and Rory took her dad offer now why didn't he set up trust fund for Rory when he got money-he set one for gigi but yes rory 21 so it would be interesting what would happend when he dies-50/50 money spilt between Gigi and gilmores?

i'm sure she and logan will get back together

i'm not sure what i feel for dog
Author: bala    Time: 7-2-2007 08:27     Subject: i'm done

Finally i'm finished Gilmore Girls
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-2-2007 09:43     Subject: Reply #10 janenjab's post

**Possible Spoilers**

I have to agree with you.  I too was content with the ending.  Though I'm crossing my fingers for a TV-movie (for those final 4 words ), I was satisfied with the way things ended.  No loose ends...and Luke & Lorelai on the road to happiness, as they should be.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one weeping at the end.  It especially got me when Rory & Lorelai drove into town, and saw everyone waiting to give Rory a proper send off.  I had   running down my face (while my roommate laughed at my sentimentality...she's so cold ..not really, just not sentimental over TV shows.)  I had to re-watch it alone, so I could enjoy a good cry.  

As you say, all good things...I just wish it didn't have be that way.  I find it harder every season to find something I really enjoy watching.  When I do, it seems the show gets cancelled...I feel like a jinx.    Oh well, we'll see what September brings...if nothing good, I'll stick to what I already like, and read a bit more.   Should probably do that anyway, as I've gotten behind in my reading.
Author: bala    Time: 7-2-2007 09:57     Subject: good job

it did every well to last 7 seasons-i still think season 5 & 6 was the best season for gilmore girls because fight between lorelai and rory.
Author: janenjab    Time: 7-2-2007 10:04     Subject: Reply #13 bala's post

Season 5 and 6 are my favorite seasons as well! The storyline was so well written and captivating.
Author: missi0n    Time: 7-14-2007 02:08

love this show, haven't seen beyond this season though. It used to be the show that I watched on a sat and sun morning at 8-10 am (double eppi) on the Halmark channel.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-14-2007 10:39     Subject: Reply #9 missi0n's post

Glad you found us...now you can catch up with the rest of the series.
Author: bala    Time: 7-22-2007 03:25

yeah there was some good stories and we meet logan who actually turn out to be a good guy. the goodbye in the rain proves how much luke loves rory that was nice ending.

now no other show can match this ?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-22-2007 11:33     Subject: Reply #15 bala's post

We actually met Logan in season 5, and he was a regular in seasons 6 & 7.  I like that they let his character grow beyond the spoiled rich kid, but was really happy with the way things between him and Rory finally ended up.  
I agree about Luke.  He's such a solid guy, who not only loves Lorelai, but Rory as well.  I love that, and the fact that he organized the entire going away do for Rory.  It takes a real friend to care that much...one of my favourite scenes.

I'm missing it again....just when I think I'm getting over it, you guys suck me back in.  Will the sorrow never end?
Author: bala    Time: 7-23-2007 02:13

isn't that fan suppose to do that-i hate the fact i watch all season of gilmore before i discovered this place i was season 4 episode 9 than i discovred 2 days before the show was moving to VIP channel i finished off season 4 than earn my first 10 point to watch 5 episodes and i finished it a few weeks back.
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2008 11:17

i never really like Jess but Tristan was a lot more interesting-what happened to him at chilton?
Author: bala    Time: 3-2-2008 10:13

given the fact we miss the show-could moderators do quizes from season 1-pick best episodes and set a quiz?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-2-2008 16:09     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

Seeing as the only active moderator for GG is me, I'll get around to it when I'm not so sick.
Author: bala    Time: 3-2-2008 23:21     Subject: Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

take your time
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-3-2008 10:25     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

Check out THIS thread and let me know what you would like.
Author: bala    Time: 3-3-2008 10:28     Subject: Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

i think they won't be more 5 people doing the quiz.
Author: bala    Time: 6-13-2008 04:47     Subject: i found this

[ Last edited by bala at 6-13-2008 13:04 ]
Author: studiojek    Time: 7-19-2008 01:51     Subject: Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

LOL How could I could never have noticed that!??? Fantastic!
Author: studiojek    Time: 7-19-2008 01:53     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

Yep, I watched them back-to-back too! Heart wrenching!
Author: studiojek    Time: 7-19-2008 01:54     Subject: Reply 4#4 janenjab's post

I'm still pining for a GG movie! C'mon people, what are you waiting for - GG in the nursing home series!!?
Author: studiojek    Time: 7-19-2008 01:56     Subject: Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

I WAILED during the last 5 minutes of the episode - the whole last scene there under the big tent in the rain, I thought I was going to hyperventilate I sobbed so hard! I admit it, I'm a crier!
Author: bala    Time: 7-19-2008 03:28     Subject: Reply 4#4 studiojek's post

maybe because you focus episodes-re-watch certain episode it's amazing what you miss out the first time
Author: bala    Time: 7-19-2008 03:30     Subject: Reply 11#11 studiojek's post

now i just annoyed that i didn't take my time because it will always be on here-mind you when i started this was a free show hence reason i rushed it but i should just taken my time
Author: bala    Time: 7-19-2008 03:32     Subject: Reply 18#18 studiojek's post

i thought it ok episode but no happy endings
Author: imarielle626    Time: 7-19-2008 17:26     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

what do you mean no happy endings?  Luke and Lorelei getting back together definitely was a happy ending!  and as much as I was rooting for Rory and Logan to have a happy ending together, Rory had a happy ending of her own getting her dream job!  They did a good job bringing the show to the end, especially since when AS-P left GG when a bit down hill.
Author: imarielle626    Time: 7-19-2008 17:28

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that Chris & Sherry's daughter Gigi's name is a nod to the title of our show?
Wow I never even realized that!  Amazing pick up!
Author: bala    Time: 6-30-2015 08:17

Gilmore Girls Cast Reunion (Full Interview)
Author: Milks26    Time: 10-20-2015 21:11     Subject: 'Gilmore Girls' revival series in the works at Netflix

The "Gilmore Girls" are returning to the small screen.
Netflix is in negotiations to revive the beloved series with creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and original stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as mother-daughter pairing Lorelai and Rory Gilmore.

According to multiple sources, Netflix is looking to approach the revival as four 90-minute movies as opposed to a 10-episode series. The Warner Bros. dramedy, which launched in 2000, has been a strong performer for the streaming service.
"Gilmore" initially ran for seven seasons and 153 episodes on The WB/CW, six of those under Sherman-Palladino before she exited following a contract dispute with the studio. A Netflix revival would be Sherman-Palladino's opportunity to not only return to her own series but also to have the final word.

Though many of the original actors are in talks to return, too, Melissa McCarthy (Sookie St. James) is not expected to be one of them. Since Gilmore wrapped in 2007, McCarthy's career has skyrocketed, with star vehicles on TV ("Mike & Molly") and in film ("The Heat," "Ghostbusters").

courtesy http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/19/entertainment/gilmore-girls-netflix-thr-feat/index.html
Author: bala    Time: 1-30-2016 00:52

Netflix has finally confirmed what we've known in our coffee-loving, pop culture-obsessed hearts to be true for months: that it's reviving the late great dramedy Gilmore Girls. The streaming service also confirmed that as of right now six actors will be returning for the revival: Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, Scott Patterson, Sean Gunn, and Keiko Agena. Series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and her husband Daniel Palladino, who served as an executive producer and director on the original series, will be writing and directing each of the new episodes. And although there's still no official word on a title or an episode count, according to TV Line there will be four 90-minute episodes all corresponding to a different season over a calendar year.
Author: bala    Time: 7-27-2016 12:05

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life - Date Announcement - Netflix

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A NICE TEASER
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2016 12:40

Gilmore Girls | "We're Back" Featurette [HD] | Netflix
Author: bala    Time: 10-25-2016 10:22

Season 8 Trailer
Author: bala    Time: 11-24-2016 13:33

Guess i am only excited about this

4 90 minutes Gilmore Girls episodes that's my Sunday sorted

Barbs thought you would first out with pom-pom on this guess i was wrong

i am guessing your worried it won't live up to original
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-24-2016 14:32     Subject: Reply 62#62 bala's post

You are most definitely not the only one who's excited about this. I've been excited for months. I've also not been well, so forgot to post about it.
Author: bala    Time: 11-25-2016 11:08     Subject: Reply 63#63 waterlilybarb's post

Question is how long we will have wait for it get added here
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-25-2016 16:10     Subject: Reply 64#64 bala's post

Not sure. I waited until today to sign up for a free month of Netflix, so I'm watching it right now. Haven't decided if I will binge watch them all, or try and spread them out a bit to make them last longer.
Author: bala    Time: 11-25-2016 22:29     Subject: Reply 65#65 waterlilybarb's post

Well i am going to bringe watch them
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2016 07:26

I just watch the first two episode i can't discuss all that happened it's sad to see rory having a tough time and poor loreli she seems fallen out of love with Luke. .
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2016 11:48

YOU DON'T END THE LAST EPISODE WITH THAT BOMBSHELL

I hope they grant more episodes
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-26-2016 15:45     Subject: Reply 66#66 bala's post

I binge watched them too. Couldn't help myself. I kind of loved it. Even the end. I have been trying to figure out for years what the last 4 words would be, and I NEVER would have guessed what they were in a million years. Not going to post any spoilers, but those were always supposed to be the final words of the series so, while I'd love more episodes, I'm OK if these are all we get.
Author: bala    Time: 11-26-2016 23:53     Subject: Reply 69#69 waterlilybarb's post

i am happy with those last 4 words it's circumstance that annoy me i was expecting those last 4 words when she was in happy relationship not that she's going to become a single mother .
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-28-2016 14:33     Subject: Reply 70#70 bala's post

I think the point of that was they have now come full circle, with Rory now being the mother. The fact that those were always supposed to be the final words would indicate that she would have been in this situation in her early 20s if Amy Sherman-Palladino had been involved in season 7. As it is, I think it's better to have happened at this stage in her life, since she's at least been out in the world, travelled, worked, etc. Her taste in men and unwise relationship decisions are typical of Rory - aside from Dean when he was her 1st boyfriend. For such a smart woman, there are certain areas that she definitely doesn't use her brain, but she's human, so that's not all that unusual.
Author: bala    Time: 11-28-2016 23:30     Subject: Reply 71#71 waterlilybarb's post

I get what your saying but that's fun thing about tv shows you can't please everyone . i just feel bad for Lorelai thinking she tried her best to give Rory every opportunity in world so she wouldn't end in this situation.

Logan was the biggest surprise
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-29-2016 14:28     Subject: Reply 72#72 bala's post

I do agree. I actually have never really liked the character Logan - though he showed a little promise when he stood up to his father in season 7. Now he seems to have just gone and done what his father wanted anyway. It's disappointing that Rory would settle for the kind of relationship she has with him but, again, she's human. Logan is supposed to kind of represent her "Christopher", with Jess being her "Luke".  Honestly though, why she couldn't have met someone outside that little circle and had a proper relationship (Paul, the forgettable, doesn't really count) is beyond me.

I think my favourite story arc was Emily's, and how she's had to become more independent since her husband's death, THAT was quite realistic. By the end, I actually liked her, whereas throughout most of the series, I understood her, but didn't really care for her.

Author: bala    Time: 11-29-2016 23:46     Subject: Reply 73#73 waterlilybarb's post

I think they didn't want to introduce any major new characters in this ending hence paul forgettable.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0