Board logo

Subject: Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-21-2008 21:55     Subject: Heroes Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Heroes Season 3 Here

OK people, season 3, beginning with the "Villains" volume, starts later tonight.  This is the official thread to chat about this season.  Each week either Roca or myself will post a thread for you discuss that week's episode.  We will then merge it into this thread prior to the next new episode airing.  

While we have a spoiler alert in the thread title, we ask that you not reveal anything that has been leaked ahead of the show airing so as not to spoil it for viewers who don't live in places where they can view it on TV and count on the site for their Heroes fix.  If you must post something really juicy, please label your post well, and if it's something that has been leaked (ex: the finale of Lost 2 seasons ago), post it in white ink and instruct members to highlight it to view.  That way, we can avoid ruining anyone's viewing experience.

Thanks everyone for your co-operation in this regard, and have a great time discussing the show this season! Above all, have fun!

Click Here For The Heroes About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Heroes on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 23:53 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-22-2008 07:19     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you for posting this topic
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-22-2008 20:49     Subject: 3x01 - The Second Coming & 3x02 - The Butterfly Effect

The first 2 episodes have aired and were awesome!  Feel free to share your thoughts here once you've watched them.  I'll be back tomorrow after I rewatch them.  Enjoy!
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 02:57     Subject: First episode Review

Wow it has been ages since i saw a brand new episode of heroes and so i was very excited about the first episode and it didn't disappoint,  so we find out why Nathan got shoot but more interesting how many times can 1 person change the future before it come tumbling down, i mean it started  with save the cheerleader ,save the world but we find out in this episode that Claire is special and can't be killed a little pointless looking back at season 1 if she can't be killed i mean the whole concept gone to pieces but that's the thing with foresight we don't know this in season 1 but i like fact there used are you going to eat my brains-that's direct thing from fan fiction board that he eats people brains.  

So Hiro find out Ando is going to betray him and he has some got a power that's thanks to the formula and why is it that Hiro can't listen to his father, he warn him and he loses the formula sometimes i wonder why in hell his father bother to tell him about it,  it would been better if it was kept it a secret and only cure to formula is in Clare's blood is very big coincident.

So we mohinder has super-strength cool power i actually thought it would be more devastating but anyhow it look harmless as it is.

So future peter is going keep an eye on Nathan for time-being and who has second-half of the formula and we get a first insight into level 5 and from the looks of it ,it look like sylar has a new shopping list and he going help them break out somehow.

part 2, episode 2 will be watched later on but i thought i share my thoughts on first episode only to see what people think of my opinion and please respond i love debating the point i raised on here.  

Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 05:21     Subject: 2nd episode review

i guess i was wrong but seriously mohinder what did you expect what you inject a substance into you i mean skin peeling off but more distruubing was him making love with maya and she just went with it i just can't believe that she not that type of woman to do that.

so the revelation that Sylar is related to Nathan and Peter was shocker but that the thing with this show you just can't believe the revelation.

So villians are on the loose

not much else to say about this episode is there?

Author: gabsimom    Time: 9-23-2008 06:12

I have to go rewatch these, but so awesome. Maya and Mohinder my thoughts. 1st off she has no one but him and because she seemed to have this hero complex (pun totally intended) it was not that shocking she would go for him, plus he is totally hot. But him going for her was a shock. However the formula seemed to not only give a power but maybe even changed his personality. Perhaps also one of his powers is to influance peoples decisions. We just don't know yet. And the skin peeling eewww. The Fly anyone?
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 06:14     Subject: Reply 6#6 gabsimom's post

question he got figure a cure before his skin peels off
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-23-2008 06:16

OMG these two episodes were soooo amazing!
I am so glad Heroes is back, you don't even know.
I've been anticipating this day for a long time now.
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 06:22     Subject: Reply 8#8 dannixx's post

didn't know you were a fan-it's not type you normally watch
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 06:32

Fantastic first episode, going to start the second now
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-23-2008 06:50

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 9-23-2008 14:22  
didn't know you were a fan-it's not type you normally watch
Me? I watch a lot of Sci-Fi shows, just not like... the space ones.
I watch Supernatural, Smallville, Heroes, Ghost Whisperer... I watched Roswell, Charmed, and some of Kyle XY. In fact, most of my favorite shows are sci-fi shows. :]
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 06:52     Subject: Reply 11#11 dannixx's post

that's great
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2008 06:53

Great couple of episodes i do prefer Sylar locked up but it is never for long and future Claire and Peter what a difference
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-23-2008 06:56     Subject: Reply 11#11 dannixx's post

I like all the shows you mentioned as well
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 06:58

cant believe the ending, the bad guys and the Sylar  so glad to see him back to his old ways
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-23-2008 07:27

What did Pete&Nate's mom mean by "But you are dear, you are?" Did she mean that Gabriel is her son or that she THINKS he's her son? I didn't get that.
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 07:46

i dont know, i think it might be her son.
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 07:48     Subject: Reply 16#16 dannixx's post

yep she his biological mother
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 08:18

love the new one they brought in The Speedster, very cool power, wonder if faster than superman
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 08:28     Subject: Reply 19#19 spratt89's post

she exactly like the flash so yes
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-23-2008 09:31

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 9-23-2008 15:48  
yep she his biological mother
Wow, lots of twists in this show. Claire's Peter's neice, Nathan's Claire's father, now Peter's mom's Sylar's biological mom? GEESH.
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-23-2008 09:32

Oh, and what's up with "Tracey"? Is that Nikki/Jessica? And what's up with the freezing power?
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 09:33     Subject: Reply 21#21 dannixx's post

don't you remember he was adopted?
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-23-2008 09:39

No, I don't remember that part. :X I haven't watched since like March!
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 09:53     Subject: Reply 22#22 dannixx's post

she not nikki she what you call different version of herself as result of the butterfly effect
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 10:00

so much to take in already
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 9-23-2008 16:29

I thought this was a great episode, but kinda weird.  I don't like the idea of focusing mainly on villains for the entire season.   I think the introduction of so many new characters can be confusing.  Plus, what did Claire mean when she told Peter in the future that she loved him?  I hope it was loved him like a family member and not a lover because he's really her uncle.   And, from what I saw at the end, is Sylar her uncle, too?
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 17:48

and just look what he did to her
Author: desertdarlene    Time: 9-23-2008 18:12

Also, the thing about Nikki/Jessica.  I seem to remember, though it was ages ago, she was getting "help" with her problem by the people in the company.  It's possible that they changed her genetics and erased her memory.
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 18:18

Might of done they are sneaky
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-23-2008 18:47

I have a feeling I'm going to get pretty confused this season so I'm glad you guys are here to help me out!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-23-2008 21:06     Subject: Reply 27#27 desertdarlene's post

Thankfully season 3 will have 2 volumes - Villains & Fugitives, so I'm sure we'll be ready for a bit of a change whenever they begin volume 4.

As for Niki, I'm not sure if Tracy is actually her.  Since she - Niki - has been working for the company, maybe they cloned her and her clone has a different ability?  Just a thought.  Peter's coming back from the future wouldn't have changed Niki's original ability.

As for Mohinder's peeling skin, that totally skeeved me out.  (I totaly hear ya' Tina.)  It did seem like his personality was also altered by the injection.

I don't ever remember being told Sylar was adopted, and I'm too tired to look it up right now.  It's highly possible that he was and didn't know it, but if he's now part of "family" that's gonna get bizarre.  I HATE the fact that he got the healing power!  Although I'm very glad we found out he doesn't eat the brains.  Tim Kring (creator of the show) had let that go on because they weren't sure how to explain exactly what Sylar did.

We FINALLY got confirmation of Mama Petrelli's ability - it's about time!  But she's seeming more like "Ma Barker" all the time.

BTW, the speedster is Daphne Millbrook, whom we were introduced to in several of the GNs this summer.

I'm going to rewatch it tomorrow, and we'll have a quiz up by the end of the week.  Give us time to get in the groove again - we'll have them up sooner in no time.

Author: spratt89    Time: 9-23-2008 21:21

don't worry i don't remember ever being told that either
Author: bala    Time: 9-23-2008 22:15     Subject: Reply 27#27 desertdarlene's post

I hope it was loved him like a family member-yep that as the context i thinking as well
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-24-2008 08:53     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

I sure hope so too.  That's how I took it.

BTW, did Mohinder remind anyone else of Spiderman?

Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2008 08:56     Subject: Reply 35#35 waterlilybarb's post

when are going post the quiz?

usually you do it 1 day after?
Author: silver1978    Time: 9-24-2008 09:01

Ok so Mohinder was smoking hot- no? yumyum Until the whole peeling skin incident- ewwwwwww

I thought the two episodes were very good. I don't know if I like where they are going with the whole injectable powers thing- too much 4400 there.

Do you think that Peter and Sylar could be twins? It would explain both of them having a very similar ability (absorbing powers of others). They just do it in a different way.

So not only does Mama Petrelli have an ability but she is so creepy.

Oh yea the Tracey/Nikki/Jess thing is weird. I don't think Tracey is Nikki- simply because of the manifestation of the power she used. What if all of these Heroes were like born in a lab or something?

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 9-24-2008 17:03 ]
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-24-2008 09:46

i find everything to do with Nikki and the other side of her a pain
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-24-2008 09:46

OMG if Peter and Sylar were twins that would be outrageous!
Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2008 09:57     Subject: Reply 39#39 dannixx's post

how can they be twins ain't he(sylar) older?
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-24-2008 11:48

Nobody would see that one coming if it was
Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2008 11:54     Subject: Reply 41#41 spratt89's post

can't wait next episode-have you seen terminator episode this week because you havn't commented on it?
Author: silver1978    Time: 9-24-2008 11:56     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

I don't think we know how old Sylar is- do we?
Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2008 12:01     Subject: Reply 43#43 silver1978's post

there was one episode in season 2 that revealed his age but i can't remember it
Author: gabsimom    Time: 9-24-2008 12:17     Subject: Reply 37#37 silver1978's post

What if Nikki was a chrimera spelling, I mean what if her and the sister were actually triplets but nikki absorbed the 3rd in gesttation causing her to be able to have different powers with a diffrent personality. Or they could have just been triplets. lol
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-24-2008 13:34

its so confusing with her
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-24-2008 18:43     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

It's usually a couple of days because Roca & I are in different timezones, 12 hours apart.  I've PMed the questions I came up with to her, and hopefully, she'll have had a chance to watch the episodes already so she'll have questions too.  We like to collaborate to make them as challenging as possible.
Author: bala    Time: 9-24-2008 22:14     Subject: Reply 47#47 waterlilybarb's post

ok

i just thought you took it in turns
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 03:56     Subject: promo

Author: shinny    Time: 9-26-2008 06:26

Just got to watch the first two episodes. Wow, they really came back with a bang. So much going on but all we can really do is speculate until we get some more information.

Brilliant !!
Author: shinny    Time: 9-26-2008 06:44     Subject: 4 Sneak Peaks of Ep3 "One of us, one of them" - Contains Spoilers

[ Last edited by shinny at 9-26-2008 14:45 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 07:28     Subject: Reply 51#51 shinny's post

thanks for this
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-26-2008 07:46

That's just great, the last one of the clips was funny
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 07:51     Subject: Reply 53#53 spratt89's post

i don't know how sylar and bennet are going work together?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-26-2008 07:58     Subject: Reply 54#54 bala's post

That should prove very interesting!

OK, I have a new theory about Tracy.  This one is all mine, I haven't come across it on any other site.  If I'm wrong, no biggie, if I'm right, I wanted to have it in writing so people will believe I thought of it.   My theory is that her real power is NOT freezing ability but rather whatever is suggested.  She looked truly surprised when the reporter was frozen.  He (played by William Katt, aka The Greatest American Hero BTW), told her his headline was going to read Las Vegas stripper becomes K-Street Ice Queen.  It's possible she knew she had abilities, but had never manifested THAT one before.  Anyway, that's my thought.

Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 08:10     Subject: Reply 55#55 waterlilybarb's post

here starts conspiracy theory
Author: shinny    Time: 9-26-2008 09:26     Subject: Reply 55#55 waterlilybarb's post

Oh, that's a really good one Barb; Because, remember the guys she "beat up" with excessive force when she was Jessica or whoever, maybe that's what she "learned" from them, because they were "heavies" so to speak. Wow, I like that theory !!

I'm in shock though. I can't believe that was the guy who played the greatest American Hero. I'm shocked !! I had to go back for a second look. I used to love him & that show ! He's aged Badly !
Author: gypsiegirl66    Time: 9-26-2008 20:35

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I agree with you Barb. That maybe she didn't realize she had this ability before. Either it manifested over time, or because of the explosion from last years season finale. I do think it is Jessica, with another alter ego, though. Another theory I have, is that her abilities change with each alter ego. Jessica had super strength, and Tracy has the freezing ability. Who knows what another alter ego, will ave for an ability. Whatever it is, it will be interesting to see how her character evolves.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 9-26-2008 21:39

Now I get it, no wonder they cast Quinto - who looks very Italian. And at long last they showed Mama Petrelli's power!

So this means... Elle & Claire are sisters.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-26-2008 21:50     Subject: Reply 59#59 SirAlain's post

Nice to see you SirAlain!  I've actually had the same thought about Elle & Claire, though it would be a bit too "all in the family" for my liking.  I am also delighted to have Mama Petrelli's power finally revealed.  That went on for FAR too long.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 9-27-2008 00:06

Hi Barb! hee hee! I also cant wait to see what happened to Nicky & Monica in the fire...
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-27-2008 20:12     Subject: Reply 61#61 SirAlain's post

I have a sneaking suspicion that we might have seen the end of Niki, though I really hope Monica, Micah and Nana Dawson are still going to be around.  Even if Niki is gone (that's just my guess) I'm glad Ali Larter is still around.  It will be interesting to find out just who Tracy is, in relation to Niki/Jessica.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 9-28-2008 03:33

Also I cant stop thinking about what Nakamura said about the light (lightning?) and the one with a pure heart - that's why I have this silly theory about Elle & Claire.
Author: Micallefs    Time: 9-28-2008 04:44

A friend lended me season 2 on DVD and i'm caught up now :X cant believe Sylar's back and Nathan got shot =[
Going to watch season 3 ^.^
Author: Micallefs    Time: 9-28-2008 08:02

They were awesome =P I hope Mrs Petrelli wont release Sylar =\ and I hope the present peter gets back to his real body >.<
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2008 08:04     Subject: Reply 65#65 Micallefs's post

she is going release him-didn't see promo she want him help bennet catch the level 5 villians
Author: Micallefs    Time: 9-28-2008 09:39

Yeah right, right after he steals their powers =(

Poor Peter lol being stuck in that ugly body XD
Author: bala    Time: 9-28-2008 09:41     Subject: Reply 67#67 Micallefs's post

but he a good actor
Author: Micallefs    Time: 9-28-2008 11:32

Yeah, very :] Did you notice how he moves his mouth? to the bottom right part? When he's angry/smiles?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-28-2008 21:16     Subject: Reply 67#67 Micallefs's post

I was thinking the same thing.  YOu should take a stab at the quiz.  Since it was two episodes, we did a double quiz.  Perfect score gets 22 points.  Not too shabby.

Reply  63#63 SirAlain's post

I hadn't thought of the "light" in that sense.  I was thinking of it more in the metaphorical sense.  I definitely think it's Claire that is the one who is pure of heart - even Sylar said she's special.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out, because I've been wondering if they could be related - even if they don't turn out to be sisters.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 9-29-2008 21:24     Subject: 3x03 - "One Of Us, One Of Them" Discussion

Here's the thread for the new episode.  I'll refrain from commenting until you get to watch it on the site, but it was GREAT!  Enjoy the show, and come back to chat about it when you're done.

I'll merge this thread with the season 3 discussion thread before next week's episode airs.

Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-30-2008 04:46

Noah and Sylaris the perfect partner in Angela's dreams only, what is she thinking
Author: bala    Time: 9-30-2008 09:04     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Great episode don't know where to start ?

[ Last edited by bala at 9-30-2008 17:16 ]
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-30-2008 09:12

Awe and I thought things were going so well between Noah and Sylar but then he had to go do that to Jesse.

Very excellent episode! :]
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-30-2008 15:08

I like how it's panning out. Don't particularly like Daphne. Very surprised that Sylar is a Petrelli, didn't see that coming. I hope Mommy dearest can make Sylar behave. Not sure where this whole business with Parkman is going to lead. It's kinda stupid for now. Nicki has a twin this is a good twist. What was Claire's fire mommy doing to poor little cheerleader - was this necessary? I don't like the Actor that plays Claire's mom - she is a Nip/Tuck nightmare. It was nice to see Micah again. I'm kinda sad the Hiro got caught and is locked up - He is not dangerous.
Author: bala    Time: 9-30-2008 22:27

What was Claire's fire mommy doing to poor little cheerleader - was this necessary?

yes it was it's prove she can not as strong as she think she is
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-1-2008 00:44

well it was a harsh way to prove it
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2008 01:28     Subject: Reply 7#7 spratt89's post

it's called tough love
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-1-2008 06:58

true but that was worse than tough love
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2008 07:01     Subject: Reply 9#9 spratt89's post

Claire seem fine about it
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-1-2008 07:03

well i dont think i would be, but it was good to see her admit what she wanted to really do
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2008 07:06     Subject: Reply 11#11 spratt89's post

i kind of enjoy it
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-1-2008 07:31

Well i agree i enjoy it too
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2008 07:48     Subject: Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

has anyone notice Claire has change how she look-her fashion taste has changed if you look at what she wearing it doesn't match to what she was wearing last season.
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-1-2008 07:52

could say she is 6 months older
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2008 07:54     Subject: Reply 15#15 spratt89's post

don't think she dressing like she older than she really is?
Author: Micallefs    Time: 10-1-2008 08:44

She's a celebrity now ;) She's the most actor/actress in Heroes which gets attention, especially with the recent news about her family
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2008 08:54     Subject: Reply 17#17 Micallefs's post

i'm actually talking about on the show not in real-life
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-6-2008 20:38     Subject: 3x04 - "I Am Become Death" Discussion

OOOH!  Great episode!  I'll be rewatching it tomorrow, there was a lot to take in for this episode.  

Discuss!   

Author: carlorica    Time: 10-7-2008 04:01

I will be watching it later. I hope there is a quiz for this one also. I love the show!
Author: spratt89    Time: 10-7-2008 05:00

me too, got to much going on, will watch it when i have a break
Author: angel17halo    Time: 10-7-2008 05:57

Great episode! I don't know who to root for now!
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2008 07:42     Subject: Reply 4#4 angel17halo's post

Too much information my head is going explode so now sylar a daddy and almost ended the world
Author: silver1978    Time: 10-7-2008 09:38     Subject: Reply 5#5 bala's post

Wow and now I feel sorry for Sylar. Quite a roller coaster going this season isn't it? So who are the bad guys and who are the good guys now?
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2008 09:42     Subject: Reply 6#6 silver1978's post

it obvious who they are
Author: minnieholly    Time: 10-7-2008 14:35

it's obviously who the bad guys are, but brining out sylar warm side was nice to see. and I wonder what ummm ocman will do.

I think Claire turns cold. she is imortal so I guess that could make enjoying life hard. and Dr Sheresh well he is paying the price for mixing around with nature.

I wonder if he will find a cure or just be more careful of his discovery. why can't they learn not all discoveries are ment to be told.
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2008 22:36     Subject: Reply 8#8 minnieholly's post

curiosity
Author: silver1978    Time: 10-8-2008 07:15     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

How is it obvious though? Maybe I am missing something. We have Peter being bad, being called a terrorist but does that mean he is necessarily on the bad side? He definitely doesn't seem on the side of the righteous anymore (particularly after the scene with Nathan and Sylars power). I am not sure about that. Claire is associating with someone we know to be a dangerous criminal and was willing to kill an innocent child to get what she wanted. Yet, she is also associated with others that have traditionally been good guys (Parkman, Molly).
Author: bala    Time: 10-8-2008 07:41     Subject: Reply 10#10 silver1978's post

Well i think it's straight-forward

Claire and her team are considered the bad guys
Sylar, Hiro, Adam, Parkman and Peter are good guys

Rest are undecided on the fence or not enough information is given
Author: silver1978    Time: 10-8-2008 08:19     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

Um think you are missing something bala. In the future, Parkman is aligned with Clarie's team. We don't know where Hiro or Adam are in the future yet. The present, yes that's pretty easy, I am talking about the future.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://www.friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0