Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 5-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 256#256 bala's post

Nice speech he borrowed from the girl in the accident for the wedding

It was a good episode. In a way this WAS the perfect wedding for Meredith because she didn't have to be the bride. And I mean, it was more of Izzys wedding anyway. If someone planned it all and I'd mainly do it because I want to do it for her..... no really, this was the wedding I really wanted to see. Alex has matured so much. I really liked seeing him this season. His speech was really fitting because a vow with "in sickness" and "til Death (or Denny) do us part".... it would SO not have cut it.
Of course with Heigl and rumors that she might leave... and seeing Izzie so sick at the end of the show- it makes you kind of wonder what's REALLY in store for her character and I for myself doubt she's going to be in the next season. As for George- he's a good Trauma surgeon  and all but he hasn't done a lot in the last few episodes. So... I think he might leave for greener pastures- heck, he might even join the Army to really do Hunt's job.
Back to Mer again- she seems quite sane and grown up lately- not at all dark and twisty.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-8-2009 20:56  
Nice speech he borrowed from the girl in the accident for the wedding
Yes i can't believe how good his memory is-there is no way i could of memorised all of that by someone saying it once

I just caught up on the past few episodes and I really enjoyed them. It's hard to know how the izzy storyline will go when we don't really know if she plans to leave for real. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure they will leave us hanging somewhat though!!

I can't wait for the 2 hour season finale !!

I really liked this episode, but the last 10 minutes or so were really hard to watch, they were very emotional! I have no idea if Izzy will make it, but it certainly would be more realistic, since a brain tumor of that type, as Derek made it painfully obvious, is impossible to come back from.

I loved that they made the wedding Alex and Izzy's -- unexpected but sweet.

Reply 265#265 studiojek's post

Well i think they were planning but question when will medieth and Derek going married-it's just seem like Izzy gave her a way out

With Ellen Pompeo pregnant....... there could be a whole new twist and maybe they HAVE to get married soon! LOL But really, the whole wedding the way it was planned, it was so not Mer/Der. I always pictured they'd get married in an open air ceremony on Derek's land overlooking Seattle and having the reception on a ferry boat.

Well, it's the finale tonihgt, right? EDIT: Shoot- it's May 22nd.......another week!!!!!! It's going to be interesting but I think I want a spoler first just to know if Izzie lives or dies. I do not really care all that much about Izzie but I have a soft spot for Alex and the poor guy just has rotten luck with women. Rebecca, then loving Izzie while she fell for Denny.... and now it's quite possible that he'll lose Izzie too. Poor guy. He's come a long way from the jerk he was in season one. In a way, I liked George a lot more at the beginning and wasn't that into Alex- but now it is the opposite.

[ Last edited by Teachergirl at 5-14-2009 17:04 ]

Reply 268#268 Teachergirl's post

i thought two episodes tonight?

according show update it's two hour season-finale

Hey you're right! According to the ABC website the final IS tonight. I read somewhere it is on the 22nd. But tonight is MUCH better. I'll have to wait for after the weekend since I have theatre tickets for tomorrow evening and I go there straight from work. So my Grey's final will be Saturday or so. If anyone sees it sooner than I do, please post a spoiler if she lives or dies. But seeing the clips online I think we may not even find out. It oculd end with her having that surgery and then showing her unconscious with ominous medical background noise or Denny or whatever.

Reply 270#270 Teachergirl's post

No probs

Episode 23 & 24

George joining the army is a big shock to everyone and Izzie had the brain surgery but started to suffer short term memory loss but she remembered the argument with Alex but the ending with a double cliff hanger WOW

Reply 272#272 codebreaker's post

Wow well this was good episode but Izzy decision was difficult i can't believe Alex would ask izzy to do the surgery even with risk involved but that's just that i highly doubt that Derek would make the same decision if Meredith was in the same situation. I thought DNR was a bit surprise i can understand and i love speech she gave Alex.We knew if she survived there would be complication it's tv show after all but short-term memory loss is not bad outcome compared to being human vegetable. it could be worse  . The situation at the end was awful you really didn't know what going happen.

This was very emotional episode a lot thing apart from izzy happen in this episode, A man want cut off his leg, Another cancer patient almost died   .A lot of drama.

Human bus shield man that was awful to watch, That women must feel guilty about how she treated him. The revelation he was 007 took me a while to get   that really great surprise because we never expected it to be George.

Christina and Owen look like they are back together

Bailey decision, that must be hard but she's right her husband is a coward

Meredith and Derek wedding vows were sweet  

Well, I did manage the first episode and I have read the spoilers. The second episode will have to wait until tomorrow because there's just one hour  on my lunch break and I better not return all teary eyes and explain that it's because of the GA finale.
I am surprised that they not only had George join the army but also be the John Doe patient. I think the end of the first part of the finale pretty much convinced everybody that that's the exit for George on the show, leaving room for return visits.
But the way things are right now? I think George isn't going to make it. As for Izzie, I am not sure either. It was quite a cliffhanger.
But it would nto be GA without that. I was kind of disappointed that the last season ended with not much of a ciffhanger but with the MEr/Der happy ending- so I knew it would be way more shocking this year.

George enlisting was not a big surprise for me- I kind of expected it- with him working closely with Owen and hearing how good he is with trauma cases- I kind of expected it, especially with one of the spoiler clips showing the guy with the leg who wants to go back. I had a feeling that he'd exit the show like that. I did not even in my wildest dreams expect the rest.
Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-15-2009 12:48  
George joining the army is a big shock to everyone and Izzie had the brain surgery but started to suffer short term memory loss but she remembered the argument with Alex but the ending with a double c ...

George becoming a John Doe patient did not even cross my mind ... wow
and Meredith and Derek haven't  tied the not yet

Reply 276#276 writemako's post

that's Meredith and Derek  for you god know how they would find time to have a baby

Wow. I cannot believe that last episode!  That was ridiculous!  Oh my gosh. That final scene was so crazy.  Is Izzie gonna get off the elevator?  Is George dead? Augh so much drama!  And I really didn't see him as John Doe. Oh my goodness.  How did you figure that out at the end of episode one, teachergirl?

What an amazing season finale!

There was just so much going on in those two episodes. I didn't see George being the John Doe either, so they really got me there !! But...lol....I did notice that John Doe reacted more to Meredith's touch in the OR which I found a bit strange at the time. Then when he did it the second time I got really suspicious and then he circled 007!!! Amazing stuff.

Poor George had to listen to them all talk about him when he was on the table that time, just after they brought him in, but at least he got to hear how much they all loved him because they were worried about it enlisting.

So they left us with a cliffhanger, no surprises there.

It was good how they showed George and Izzy "on the other side" but I think that Izzy will come back. She seemed to hear the sounds of them working on her, but we didn't get them from George.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!

10/10 though for these two.

Quote:
Poor George had to listen to them all talk about him when he was on the table that time, just after they brought him in, but at least he got to hear how much they all loved him because they were worried about it.
Wow i totally missed that i thought he's was unconscious because injuries ?

Thread