Thread
Printable Version

Recent viewing history LOST :(

Recent viewing history LOST :(

I seem to have lost my recent viewed episodes.

The last one I see is from March, adn since then I have watched a few. I am now lost as to where I was in some series and dont want to lose points viewing the shows again to look for the right place.

Can u help?

P.S. Also my viewing history is regularly cut off, so I can´t see what I have been watching since I became a member, and I need that info to see where I was in a series.

All the best,
stefanben

Also... the LIVE CS is not responding

When I click the LIVE CS I get a „welcome what can I do for you“ message. but no one seems to be at the other end. The service member in question is allways customer support no. 4? Why is this? Is it a mac problem or is simply noone there?

Reply 1#1 stefanben's post

With the recent upgrade, everyone's viewing history was lost as the backup was from sometime in March.  This is one of the reasons we recommend that people either write down or send themselves a PM saying which episode(s) they have last watched (or want to watch next).  That way even if something happens on the site you will still know where you are in a series.  I suggest reading the episode guides of whichever series' you were watching to find where you left off.  Check in the show forums here, or on tv.com.

As for the Live CS, I see it is currently offline.  When it is lit up there is someone there. The initial message is an automated one.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thank you :)

Thanks for the explanations. They were helpfull and you are a dear.

I am a bit confused about viptv.net though . Why on earth would they not back up their paying clients data for two months? This feels very disappointing. I have been told to do this for myself, send  a P.M. or write down my history so I only have myself to blame I guess. But I really feel that part of the service should be to keep my history accessible and current, and they really should store that info in a safe place.

It is disappointing to repeatedly have this information scrapped and I really do hope they are fixing this with the new site. Otherwise I might stop using the service after I finsih my points, because I just dont feel the site owners have my interest at heart as a client when this repeatedly occurs.

Still, it is a great site in other respects, quality and speed and selection is good. The forum and you guys are the best.   Just wish they would take better care of the customers.

Reply 4#4 stefanben's post

I don't know if it would help you, just a suggestion - what I sometimes do when the vip tv server is slow and I don't want to look through my history of episodes I watched, I look on sites like tv com and go through the episode guide so I can see the description of the episodes to see which one I saw last. I hope this helps you a bit.

Thread