25 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Philanthropist Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Philanthropist Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Teddy Rist loses his only child in a terrible tragic death. He loves money, women and especially power and he decides to become the world’s first ever vigilante philanthropist, a renegade billionaire who uses his wealth, connections and power to help people in need.

AIRS Jun/24/2009

I'm curious to see how good this is

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 22:44 ]

Reply 1#1 bala's post

ok this most original show i seen this year

What a episode, Where do i start from the begaining right way through to the end it was adventure to watch because you had no idea what was going happen and this episode start middle of something and worked it's way back very nicely . i think my favourite part has to be when waitress in the bar tear up the cheque because she thought he was crazy. If only she had waited few more minutes she would been $1000 richer . how exactly are they going top this episode next week? .

[ Last edited by bala at 6-25-2009 08:05 ]

Episode 1: Pilot

Teddy is shot at and then starts talking to a barmaid when he decides to tell her a story about what has happened to him and how he got to her bar, Teddy tries to convince the barmaid he is a billionaire, We keep flashing back to what has been happening too him, After a few flashbacks he tells the barmaid his story about trying to do some good for Nigeria, Teddy also wants to find the little boy he saved, Teddy gets into some trouble prompting some help from Philip Maidstone his parter in business to get him out of jail, Teddy does business with a drug dealer, he finally finds a way to his destination when the helicopter he is in is told to land he then has to walk 25 click though the Jungle, he trades items he owns to get a bike and is then shot and and has to walk the rest of the way though the Jungle, he gets bitten by a snake but starts to see a Hallucination of his dead son who leads him to his destination, End Of Story, the barmaid rips up the check that Teddy gave her and finds out soon after he was not lying about anything, Teddy finds the boy he saved and gives his Deceased Sons toy to him as a gift.

Well this is a great show, one of a kind show nothing else comes close to how good this show is, nothing but adventure and twists and turns throughout the episode, The ending with the boy was a nice touch.

Episode 2

Another great episode

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Having to make the choice to leave his friend in jail to save the child was predictable

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

you got to admit you never seen a show like this before

Episode 3 Paris

Good episode so the cop shooting the man organising the sex-trafficking ring was a surprise to Teddy but the cop only wanted the money

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well he deserve it

The Philanthropist 1x04 Nigeria Part II

Teddy heads back to Kujama, Nigeria but the local doctor Chima Balo fakes her own kidnapping

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes that was sad but he died in the end i felt bad and what happens to that money ?

The Philanthropist - Season 1 Episode 5

Well this was another great instalment   

ones of these day he going to get killed

nice ending with kids centre

Reply 11#11 bala's post

Yes he does put himself in some dangerous situation but that was a nice apology and the kids center in memory of there son

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yeah i always feel sorry for other guy ( i think  his name phillip) he seem get all the grief just by being friends with teddy.

Episode 6

Well another interesting episode where Teddy identity  get stolen instead sitting back he goes there confront the guy but than he kidnapped by the club owner

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I liked how he repaired the club owner for his kidnapping but he is to laid back about his identity being stolen

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Well he deserved that

The Philanthropist 1x07 Kashmir

Teddy goes missing somewhere in Kashmir and they find his Sat Phone with a bullet in it but he stuck to the mission and got one truck of water across the border

I'm looking forward to catching up on the episodes I have missed soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-6-2009 10:26  
Teddy goes missing somewhere in Kashmir and they find his Sat Phone with a bullet in it but he stuck to the mission and got one truck of water across the border
i noticed you side-step political issue between Pakistan and India. it nice to see American interpretation of this situation or what the writer think of the situation.

Well let hope we more people discussing this great show

25 12
Thread