Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Patrick Swayze hospitalized

Patrick Swayze checked himself into the hospital after he came down with pneumonia, it was revealed today.

Abbe Raven, the president of A&E network, told a panel of reporters the news at an industry event. Swayze was supposed to be part of a presentation for his show on the network, "The Beast."

Raven said, "He asked us specifically to go forward with today's panel. We wish him the very best with his recovery."

Swayze revealed last year that he battling pancreatic cancer.

John Travolta Cancels Golden Globes Appearance

John Travolta isn't ready for a golden moment just yet.
Rep Samantha Mast confirms to E! News that the actor will not be in attendance at Sunday's Golden Globes.
His appearance had been in doubt since the tragic Jan. 2 death of his 16-year-old son, Jett. The news is not entirely unexpected, considering Travolta and wife Kelly Preston held a memorial service Thursday for the young man and remain at their home in Ocala, Fla.
Travolta had been scheduled to appear in support of his latest movie, Bolt, which is nominated for Best Animated Feature, and Best Original Song for his duet with costar Miley Cyrus, "I Thought I Lost You."

Introducing the Ferghamels! Fergie, Josh Duhamel Wed

Josh Duhamel has officially transformed Fergie into a wife.
The 33-year-old pop star, whose real name is Stacy Ferguson, and the Transformers/Las Vegas hunk, 36, exchanged vows in a celebrity-packed ceremony Saturday in Malibu, E! News has confirmed.
The "Glamorous" singer looked appropriately, well, glamorous in Dolce & Gabbana.
Guests included the bride's fellow Black-Eyed Peas, including will.i.am, as well as Kate Hudson, Mario Lopez, Slash, Kid Rock, Stacy Keibler and brand new parents Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell.
Attendees began arriving at the private estate near Zuma Beach around 3:30 p.m., shuttled from a parking lot near Malibu's city hall up to the hillside mansion. The sunset ceremony began about 4 p.m. and lasted about an hour.
Police were positioned outside the grounds, on which a giant large white tent is erected. Several paparazzi-powered helicopted hovered above.
The camera-friendly pair, together since September 2004, have been planning for the big day since their engagement in December 2007, but have spent the past two weeks clearly in preparation mode. The bride was spotted shopping for lingerie, getting facials and working out, and the couple shared a joint bachelor and bachelorette party (followed by a shower) on Wednesday.
This is the first marriage for both.

Travoltas Thank Community for "Humbling" Support

The Travolta family has taken time out from grieving the loss of 16-year-old Jett to thank their neighbors for their support and well-wishes.
In a letter "to the people of Ocala" published in the Ocala Star-Banner this morning, John Travolta and Kelly Preston write that "the enormous amount of love, support and condolence we have received from this community has been most humbling.
"Comforting words, thoughts and prayers of Ocala's citizens have made an impossibly painful situation, a little less painful."
The family also thanks to Ocala community leaders, law enforcement officials and neighbors for allowing them "the dignity to grieve the loss of our son and Ella's brother in peace. For this we will always be grateful.
"We want all of you to know that you have already helped us. By sharing our grief, you lessen our burden. For all of the people who have kept Jett in their prayers, know that those prayers have given us inspiration and strength."
The letter was signed: "Love John, Kelly and Ella."
Star-Banner entertainment editor Dave Schlenker tells E! News that the Travoltas’ lawyer, Michael McDermott, called this morning. "He said, "John and Kelly have been overwhelmed by the response in Ocala and wanted to release this letter.' "
Although they are believed to be huddled at their home, Schlenker could not confirm the couple's whereabouts.
“I really don’t know,” he says. “Our reporters haven’t been out to their house since the memorial, and I know the feeling of the Ocala community is to give them their space.”
Jett Travolta died in the Bahamas on Jan. 2. His death certificate listed the cause as "seizure," and a private memorial for friends and family was held at the Travoltas' Ocala estate last Thursday.

Family Reacts to Heath's Golden Moment

According to Heath Ledger's dad, the actor's turn as the Joker was one of his brightest moments—not one of his darkest, as so many speculated after his death last January.
"He just loved it," Kim Ledger told Perth's Channel 9 in response to his son's postumous Golden Globe win for Best Supporting Actor for his riveting performance in The Dark Knight.
"People have said that it's a dark piece and that brought him down but that just didn't occur. The Heath juggernaut is just rolling on, I just wish he was here while it was rolling on."
But since Ledger is not here to see what accolades his performance wrought, the speculation has begun as to what he would have said, how he might have felt and where his trophies are going to go.
His mom Sally Bell, for one, figures Ledger's daughter Matilda will be the keeper of her daddy's hardware one way.
"I should imagine that eventually [the Globe] will be going to Matilda," Bell tells People. "At this stage she is only so young, but down the track she will have all these things. It will belong to her because she is part of him."

Ramey Photo
"It is such a fantastic and wonderful legacy for his daughter. Matilda will have so many people who will be able to speak to her about her father's abilities and [the] respect he had in the industry. That is such a wonderful legacy to leave."
Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan said as much when he accepted the Golden Globe on Heath's behalf at Sunday's ceremony.
"After Heath passed on, you saw a hole ripped in the future of cinema," Nolan said. "But with the extraordinary response to his work that we've seen all over the world, I, for one, start to be able to look a bit less at that gap in the future, and a little bit more at the incredible place in the history of cinema that he built for himelf with his talent and dedication to his artistry."
Kim Ledger said he thinks Heath "would have been running from the media" right about now, "but he would have been very proud."
And with all the momentum behind Ledger as awards season heads into its glitziest and most prestigious stretch, someone might want make sure Matilda leaves room for an Oscar in her room, as well.

JENNIFER GARNER AND BEN AFFLECK RELEASE NAME OF BABY NO. 2

One week ago, Jennifer Garner gave birth to her second daughter with Ben Affleck. Now, the A-list couple, both 36, has announced the blooming baby's name to People.
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck to the adorable celebuspawn roster.
No explanation of the name has been offered, but the Baby Name Wizard defines it as "derived from the Hebrew seraphim (burning ones), a name used in the Bible for the heavenly winged angels surrounding the throne of God."
As we saw earlier today with her "Big Sister" shirt, Violet, 3, is excited about the addition to her family. Are you as excited about her name?

Underage Panettiere kicked out of club

Quote:
Hayden Panettiere was reportedly forced to call the police after being kicked out of a New York nightclub for being underage.

The 19-year-old actress was asked to leave the 21-and-over NV Lounge on December 23 after sneaking in a side door with friends, according to E! News.

However, the club's policy of confiscating the driving licences of suspected underage drinkers meant that the Heroes star was forced to call the police to retrieve her ID.

"When my officers arrived on the scene we questioned Panettiere," said Detective Craig Long of Suffern Police Department. "I asked her if she tried to buy alcohol and she denied it.

"Panettiere told me that someone opened the side door of the nightclub so she could go inside and say hello to friends, not buy drinks."

After examining the actress's licence to verify her identity, police returned it to her so that she could travel to California the following day.

NV Lounge bosses have not pressed charges.

Panettiere has declined to comment.

RICARDO MONTALBAN DIES

Ricardo Montalban, who gained fame portraying Mr. Roarke on the television series "Fantasy Island," has died at the age of 88.
The Mexican-born actor died at his home in Los Angeles, the Associated Press quotes L.A. City Council President Eric Garcetti as saying. Montalban lived in Garcetti's district in L.A.
Montalban had been a star in Mexican movies when MGM brought him to Hollywood in 1946. He was cast in the leading role opposite Esther Williams in 'Fiesta,' and also starred with the actress in 'On an Island with You' and 'Neptune's Daughter.'
Beginning in 1978, Montalban played the faintly mysterious, white-suited Mr. Roarke, who presided over an island resort where visitors were able to fulfill their lifelong dreams. "Fantasy Island" received high ratings for most of its six-year run on ABC and still appears in reruns.
And in 1982, Montalban revisited his "Star Trek" character Khan Noonien Singh for the big-screen 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan,' creating one of the franchise's most memorable villains and helping to elevate the film into arguably the best of the series.

Run DMC To Be Inducted In To The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

It’s official, after being nominated in September, legendary hip-hop group Run DMC has earned a spot at the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame according to New York’s Daily News.

The trio hailing from Hollis, Queens are largely credited as the first major rap act to crossover in to the mainstream with such hits as “My Addidas,” “Run’s House,” “King of Rock,” “It’s Tricky” and “Walk This Way.” Consisting of Run (Joesph Simmons), DMC (Darryl McDaniels) and the late DJ Jam Master Jay (Jason Mizell), Run DMC will be the second hip-hop group to make to make it in to the hall. In 2007 rap pioneers Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five were honored.
Run DMC will be joined by fellow 2009 Rock and Roll inductees Metallica, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Jeff Beck, Bobby Womack and Wanda Jackson, among others in a ceremony on April 4th in Cleveland.

Source:  Elan Mancini

Nas & Kelis Expecting Baby

Nas and Kelis are reportedy are on their way to becoming parents.

According to Us Weekly the hip-hop power couple, who got married 3 years ago in Atlanta, are extremely excited about the birth of their first child together. “It’s all they are talking about,” a close source told the celebrity publication. “She is carrying hip-hop royalty!”

The Queensbridge rapper has one daughter, Destiny, with his ex-girlfriend Carmen Bryan.

Nas was recently in the news after teen sensation Soulja Boy accused him of “killing hip-hop” by naming his 2006 album Hip-Hop is Dead

Source:  Elan Mancini

DMX Speaks On Religious Aspirations During Prison Interview

While awaiting sentencing for several charges in Arizona, DMX granted his first interview behind bars since being arrested.

X opened up with Phoenix station KSAZ about many subjects including his problems with controlled substances, his religious aspirations and plans for an upcoming gospel album and TV show.

The troubled rapper, whose exploits in AZ, were chronicled in the BET reality series “DMX: Soul of a Man,” is ready to return to the small screen. “I’m gonna start a TV show while I’m in here, [called] ‘Pain and Perseverance,’” he told the news network. “It’s about how I can reach people the average person can’t reach because I’m grounded, and I’m gonna give my first sermon in the church

X, who said he has completed recording a gospel album, believes he has found his purpose in this world. “My true calling to life, [is] to be a pastor so I’m in my bible everyday.”

Source: Elan Mancini
While not getting into any specific details the Yonkers MC said he has been faced with many demons since moving to the West Coast. “It’s through all these hardships that I realized that you know what this is god’s country because I met the devil here,” he explained. “If I hadn’t met the devil here I wouldn’t realize I was strong enough to overcome the obstacles that devil placed in my path.”

PATRICK SWAYZE LEAVES HOSPITAL

Good news for the star of "The Beast."
Patrick Swayze is out of the hospital after a week-long stay.
"I am happy to announce that Patrick Swayze is home after a brief hospitalization for pneumonia," the star's rep tells People.com
Swayze checked into the hospital for pneumonia last Friday.

HEROIC PILOT HEADED TO OBAMA INAUGURATION?

The captain's wife says a trip to D.C. might happen.
He received a congratulatory phone call from President-elect Obama on Friday night. Now, a trip to D.C. could be "in the works" for Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger and family, says the heroic pilot's wife.
"Our [two] daughters would love to go see the Jonas Brothers" who perform Monday at an inaugural ball, Sullenberger's wife Lorrie told CBS News correspondent Priya David on "The Early Show," Saturday edition. "So we're thinking about [going to D.C.]. I would love to go. It's in the works, I believe."
During their five-minute phone conversation Friday evening, Obama thanked Sullenberger and his crew for ensuring that all 155 people aboard the plane survived the crash into the Hudson River, Obama's spokesman Robert Gibbs tells the Associated Press.
There might be another honor in store for the hero pilot yet: NY Gov. David Paterson says an anonymous individual has offered to donate $10,000 to have a statue of Sullenberger erected, reports the New York Post.

Family tragedy for Kemp brothers

Martin and Gary Kemp are reportedly "struggling to cope with the double loss" of their mother and father.

The Spandau Ballet brothers are being comforted by family and friends following the family tragedy, reports The Mirror.

Retired printer Frank, 79, suffered a heart attack and was pronounced dead at a Bournemouth hospital where Eileen, 77, was being treated for a heart bypass. She died 48 hours later of "a broken heart". A joint funeral is planned for the couple, who were married for 55 years, next week.

"Martin and Gary adored their parents. This has hit them like a double lightning bolt," a friend said.

BEN AFFLECK, STARS TURN OUT TO D.C. RALLY

As President-elect Barack Obama spent the day before his historic inauguration visiting homeless youth and doing service, some celebrities are following suit. Ben Affleck, among a list of other stars, came together Monday in Washington, D.C., for a good cause.
Affleck, joined by Martin Luther King III, actor David Arquette and musicians Herbie Hancock and Josh Groban, turned out to the National Hunger Rally hosted by Feeding America.
The national rally against hunger, which took place at the Martin Luther King Library on Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, featured a joint performance by Hancock and Groban.
Arquette chairs Feeding America's Entertainment Council, according to the organization's website. Feeding America is a national domestic hunger-relief charity.

Reply 158#158 spratt89's post

i hope Obama helps the ghetto cause its worse there

George Clooney Interview At Ellen Show 1/19/2009-

it took her few month she finally got him to come on her show-by having his favourite baseball players play catch outside his office

Thread