Thread
Printable Version

NCIS Los Angeles Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode 11: Breach

This was a great episode to watch, I have to admit I actually missed the wacky pathologist Rose, the scene of Hetty basically going off on Nate for having 32 hours of overtime and 7 weeks of unused Holiday time very funny, the scene of Sam delivering a close-line to Safar Jaddalah was awesome, I look forward to seeing where the storyline about Mo who was brought to the US by Sam but has now left and joined a radical terrorist group goes but I'm also interested to see how Sam is going to cope with what happened, I liked the conversation Callen & Hetty had at the end of this episode.

Episode 12: Past Lives

I thought this was a good episode, I loved the banter at the start when Callen, Sam, Kensi & Nate all came up with ideas to hang out together but the best part of that scene was when Callen kind of made fun of Don for having an alien bobble head, I liked the scenes of Kensi talking to Montrell Perez who was played quite well by Michael Irby (The Unit), the scene of Sam & Nate talking while playing ping pong was both interesting and funny, I was wondering the whole episode if Michael was Callen's kid, I was disappointed we did not get a chance to see the team actually have their karaoke night.

Reply 70#70 bala's post

Hetty catching Nell whispering on the phone was funny

Episode 13: Missing

This was an amazing episode to watch, I liked the fact the first 5 minutes of this episode was filled with light humour because after those 5 minutes the episode turned very intense, the scene of the team hearing the audio from Don's on board camera was great because of how the team reacted to hearing it via their body language, I loved the scene of Sam being directed to Callen/Kensi/kidnappers positions by Eric, the reactions by Callen, Sam & Kensi when they failed to find Don was very realistic, my favourite scene was the ending when Callen filed a police report listing Don as missing.

I hope to god they find Don alive as It would be a shame if he is killed.

Episode 14: LD50

This was a good episode, I would have been as reluctant as Sam to file my recommendation for a temp NCIS agent to replace Don, I felt really bad for Esther Balmore because she was used for her knowledge, I liked the scene of Sam talking to Dallas at some massage parlour, I was happy to see Sam go undercover for a change, the scene of Sam delaying the bidding by causing everybody to either run into SWAT or attack one another was good and stupid at the same time because that viral could have been broken, my favourite scene was when Sam rugby tackled Callen into the water fountain and then stabbed a needle into his arm which contained the antidote, I liked the sweet ending of Sam helping Ester out.

Episode 15: The Bank Job

This was a very good episode, I was seriously concerned for Kensi because of how this episode started but it turned out to be a set up in the end which was a big relief, I guessed the victims body would be found in the bin and not the car, It was nice to see Mike Renko make a cameo appearance, I really liked the scene of Hetty holding that shotgun, I loved the twist in the case when the bank manager Connor Lavery turned out to be apart of the robbery along side Curtis Lacross, the sub-plot about Kensi wanting to keep her most valuable positions safe which everybody on the team kept touching was good.

Episode 16: Chinatown

This was an OK episode, I think I might of passed out if I saw somebody hang themselves, the scene of Kensi tackling Vic Sternard was good but the next part which involved Nate holding Vic's legs and then getting hit in the face made me laugh, the reaction by Jane Lee /Lipsger when Callen & Sam broke the news about her brothers death was rubbish and I blame that on the actress Angela Oh, my favourite scene was when Callen & Sam fought off some skilled attackers, I liked the mother daughter reunion between Ming & Jane Lee, I loved Nate's character in this episode because of how he acted and talked after being allowed in the field with Kensi.

Episode 17: Full Throttle

This was a much better episode than the last one in my opinion, It was nice to see Sam & Kensi work together for a change, the scene of Sam & Kensi getting involved in a car chase with Tokkan/Allysia Takada was good, my favourite scene was the second car chase of the episode because Sam first of all got to use the power boost Hetty had put in his car and second reason was the spectacular car crash, I guessed Angela was the killer just before we found out, the ending to this episode with Hetty riding Eric's new toy was funny, I like how in the last 2 episodes Kensi has shared allot about her background involving her father, I loved every single scene of Callen attending Traffic School.

Episode 18: Blood Brothers

This was quite a good episode, I liked the scene of Hetty wielding that dangerous blade, the scene of Callen taking the gun James was holding to pieces and catching the bullet in the chamber was impressive, I liked the scene of Callen & Sam having a difference of opinion on how to handle the case, my favourite scene was when Sam beat up a bunch of gang bangers to gain the gangs respect, the best thing about this episode however was the interaction between Sam & James Dobbs, the ending to this episode with Hetty telling another story to the team was good.

Episode 19: Hand To Hand

This was a great episode because Sam got to go undercover, I liked the scene of Callen & Sam playing a game of some kind at the start, It was great improvisation from Callen to get hold of a cab to get Kensi out of her situation with Jason, the scene when Sam and Jason had their MMA fight was brilliant, I loved the look on Marty Deeks face when Hetty said “Ruben, Says Hi”, the only bad part of this episode was when Sam & Marty took down the bad guys because none of them fought back, I would not be against the Marty Deeks character making another appearance at some point.

Episode 20: Fame

This was a good episode to watch, I liked the scene when Sam reacted to Deeks sitting at Don's desk because it was similar to the one Tony & McGee had when Ziva sat at Kate's desk, I also liked the scene of Deeks asking Hetty for a large sum of money, the scene of either Callen or Deeks shooting the guy who was trying to take Aubrey at the Club was good, It was both Brave and Stupid of Kensi to stick close to Hassad Al-Jahiri because it almost got her killed, my favourite scene however was when Callen, Sam & Deeks arrived just in time to save Kensi from Hassad Al-Jahiri and his men, I wish shows would stop using The Middle East as their type of terrorist as its getting old.

Episode 21: Found

This was a brilliant episode full of intensity, the scene of Hetty talking to multiple directors from different agencies made me laugh, I liked the scene of Kensi diving into a swimming pool to get a laptop because Callen called Kensi flipper afterwards, I loved the speech Hetty gave to Eric to get his head back in the game, the way Callen got the information he wanted out of Yari was good, my favourite and yet saddest scene was when Don got killed, I'm really disappointed that Don was killed off but he did die saving Sam, I am however happy Mo wasn’t killed off too, The way all the team reacted to Don being killed was very realistic.

Episode 22: Hunted

I thought this was a good episode, I liked the first scene of Callen & Sam talking with Special Agent Rick Medina because Sam said afterwards “I know who I wanna knock out”, the scene of Callen & Sam talking at the boat house about what happened to Don was really good, the best thing about this episode for me was the interaction between Hetty & Leon Vance's characters, I didn't find the scene of Callen & Kensi playing a drunk couple very believable, I was not shocked at all to learn that Rick Medina was a traitor, I'm glad in the end Hetty decided not to resign as the show would not be the same without her.

Episode 23: Burned

This was a fantastic episode to watch, I liked the scene of Kensi talking to Sam about some guy she met at a bar the night before, I got chills down my spine when the mystery guy later named as Eugene Keelson said on the phone to Callen “I know what the G stands for”, the scenes of Callen talking to Sam first and then Hetty at a secret meeting point were both good, I thought the shoot-outs in this episode were good but could have been much better, It might only be me but I guessed Keelson would be dead by episodes end just like almost all the other bad guys, I am much more interested in finding out what the G in Callen's first name stands for now thanks to this episode.

Episode 24: Callen, G

This was a great season finale, I loved the explosive start to this episode with Keelson's place going up in flames which destroyed 99% of his files, I liked the scene of Eric ignoring Hetty's phone calls so he could tell Callen some new details on the case, I don't like the Trent Cort character at all but it was good to see him, I really liked the scene of Callen talking to Jessica Haymes, the scene when Callen had a car crash after chasing a suspect was spectacular, my favourite scenes were of Callen talking to Amy Taylor/Hannah Lawson only to find out his real sister had died as a child, the ending to this episode with Callen visiting his sisters grave was the perfect ending to the first season.

I cant wait for Season 2 as there is loads more to Callen's past yet to be explained.

Empty Quiver

Well we finally out what Callign and Sam were doing undercover HSP but great recover of nuclear bomb

Reply 72#72 bala's post

I liked this episode very much. With the comments about the boots and the undercover story and the fact that they started the criminal thing out of necessity and not because of greed. Callen and Sam being trapped but surviving was nice and great detective work to recover the nuc.

Reply 73#73 kellemanske's post

It sad this is what it comes when you make budget cuts to police department i don't blame them but it's over

Reply 72#72 bala's post

The CHiPs style of undercover work was interesting and i don't think i have ever heard them say lethal action has been authorised but Eric telling Hetty he crashed the Internet was priceless

Reply 75#75 codebreaker's post

No it's only in extreme circumstances

Thread