Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well I've just watched the 3 episodes that have been updated and thought it was OK, not as good as SG 1 but I did stop watching that after about 6 series.

What I didn't understand was why they didn't just use the flying camera to shut the door, no one would have had to die.  All they had to do was have the camera float over the button until they were all out of the room and then just use the remote control to lower it onto the button.

I though ep 3 was a bit stupid.  They had no idea where they were going so it was 'luck' that he found the lime.  The soldier who went after the other one would not have been able to get to him and back in time.  The guy walked on for the time he took to get back to the gate, then go and find him and then travel all the way back.  The guy had been walking for 6hrs and he had only 5hrs to find him and return.

Either way I'll wait for the other episodes to be added before I decide whether to continue watching this.

What I noticed in the new episode (I watch it on Space, so am not sure which one it was) was that they all have satin pillow cases.  Either the "ancients" had great taste or the military has vastly upgraded their bedding. LOL  Plus, Eli's duvet also looked satin.  Not particularly relevant to the storyline, but it amused me nonetheless.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Quote:
What I didn't understand was why they didn't just use the flying camera to shut the door, no one would have had to die.  All they had to do was have the camera float over the button until they were all out of the room and then just use the remote control to lower it onto the button.
Because it had biological sensor that couldn't be by-passed i.e if use the camera it would of shut it had living thing that pressed the button. it's safeguard prevent ship from automatically launching themselves.

I think they stretched the 'what will happen to save them' moment too long in episode 5.  The viewer knew something was going to happen.

I had the thought early on that it was solar powered but I just thought that there would be some sort of sensor on the outside not that it would literally fly through the star, that was pretty cool.

I don't think Rush knew but just suspected since the ship stopped to help them with the air supply system that it had its reason for the ships trajectory.

Reply 44#44 slade01's post

Well it good thing there only stretch it out for 1 episode unlike air episode which stretch for 3 episodes

Water

This is the first episode i actually felt like it was a Stargate episode mainly because of good story-line. Those water-species on board were draining the water supply i'm surprise ship couldn't detect them   .  the ice craven in on scott was great

Earth

Well talk about mis-use the stones   the ending with guy going to the guy's wife house is bad .

Reply 47#47 bala's post

Good episode but the jumping had me confused for a while

Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Yes it was confusing when they first start using it.

Time

Well this was very unfilling episode i mean the ending really made you think -is that best they could come up with for ending-i could written a better ending-i felt a bit cheated by the ending

Life

Well this is an interesting episode see crew has adapted to life on that ship and it had personal touches.i highly doubt that there able crack the master in under 1 year.

The potential problem with universe is that it may end up being too much drama and not enough scifi. if it does that no one will watch it.
LAPSUS CALUMNI-Slip of the Pen

I agree I want more aliens and fun and less BS.

Justice

Well i didn't see that coming but Rush got what he deserved but i did figure out it was him half way through when he asked new lady about the chair.

HAHA they just left Rush on the planet. I wonder how they'll get him back.  It's obvious he won't stay there.  Fix the ship and fly or something else.  yeah, I wish it was more planets and aliens and less "yack yack yack" but it was said this was going to be a "relationship" series.  We'll see...

Reply 55#55 arksongbird80's post

i honestly don't how he would get back as he has no idea where the ship is going.

well they make an enemy soon

The episode : "Time" it was very Weird ?? why they don't continue the action ??

Reply 58#58 TomiXxX's post

there are trying distinguish it from other SG series-this series focus on story-telling rather than action

I think Rush does know the course the ship was taking and all he needs to do is access that region of spaces Stargate cords and he will figure it out. That is just my theory.

Thread