Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

i hope rush doesnt come back...he is such an unlikeable character

infact most of the cast are either boring or just plain irritating. even the characters that are supposed to be a sort of relief from the more intense stuff are awful

they need more sci fi and action in universe, none of all this character building nonsesne. we knew very little about the cast in sg1 and atlantis, that formula seemed to work with those two shows.  dont know why they changed it.

the action will take place in the second half of the season

Reply 62#62 spratt89's post

Good to know, on with it

I wonder if there will be other Stargate people on Universe.  SG-1 or Atlantis guest stars.  Anyone think they'll do that??

Reply 64#64 arksongbird80's post

I can see that happening at some point

I read somewhere ,I think IMDB that some of the stargate people are actually coming to Universe.  It must be in the spring!  EXCITED!!

Space

Well Rush is back and they have had there first alien encounter.

Reply 67#67 bala's post

Yeah, glad Rush is back and I really enjoyed the Alien encounter it was almost like the other SG's.  I would have rather seen how Rush and the girl got "out" of the alien ship, but this was...okay.  All the contreversy between the crew though is a bit upsetting.  I hope it comes to a head next week and they resolve it and get back to the trip and the ship.  I don't like that there is espianoge!

Reply 68#68 arksongbird80's post

I don't think it will never be resolved

Reply 67#67 bala's post

There first alien encounter was great with Rush managing to save Chloe

Tonight's episode was good, but I wish it was less them bickering between each other and more dealing with the aliens, space, and new ship things.  I'm all for the dynamics of the crew.  Having a mutiny was good, but seriously, did the civilians really think they could wage war against trained military.  Duhh. It will be good to see what comes of the Aliens and any special guests!!  It will be interesting if they could come across a planet with trading capabilities.  That would be kewl.  We'll see....

Reply 71#71 arksongbird80's post

yes they didn't think it through but i liked this episode the look on doctor face when she was told that alien were attacking the ship -i got love that line 'welcome to destiny'. I think the problem these people are stuck with each other and need to learn to get on with each other. Assuming this last more 2 season i think it will take that long for them start trusting each other.

Reply 72#72 bala's post

Bala, You are probably absolutely correct.  At the rate they're going killing each other will happen before negotiations...

Reply 73#73 arksongbird80's post

i don't think they will kill each other but there will just fight with each other

Reply 72#72 bala's post

Great line 'welcome to destiny' but i liked the way the surgery to get the transmitter out was left to the last few seconds before the jump

Well that explained the mystery ship we saw in the first few episodes.  Loving that we have an Alien antagonist but want to see more Aliens. Friendly or deadly I don't care. I want more mysteries too, enough with the soap opera!

Reply 76#76 gabsimom's post

I think there trying make it different from other Stargate it's not exactly soap opera we don't have any 2 timer chacters on the show or love triangles or any awful dialogue between  the characters .

Faith

Well this wasn't exactly the most exciting episode but i like revelation that one of them is pregnant. i understand why she wanted stay but she's only doctor on the ship so there really have no choice but get back on the ship and it was there choice

Reply 78#78 bala's post

I really enjoyed this episode.  It felt like a regular stargate and I really liked that someone is pregnant.  That just adds to the mystery.  It's a shame we have no idea though who created the planet and they have no way to get back. Thats a bummer.

MICHAEL SHANKS!!!--> next week.....

Quote:
I think there trying make it different from other Stargate it's not exactly soap opera we don't have any 2 timer chacters on the show or love triangles or any awful dialogue between  the characters  .
Not yet anyway

I liked this episode too but wanted to see more about the obelisk and the aliens, like a ship show up 2 seconds before they jumped would of been been great!

Thread