Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 44#44 arksongbird80's post

I am opposite mind i didn't like all in his head i felt it was a little wishy-washe for my liking. i was excited that alien ship battle but when i figure it all in his head i was rather disappointed.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

I felt that way at first Bala, but then I found out it was the ship "talking" to young, I was okay.    It wouldn't have been kewl if he was just dreaming.

Kinda disappointed that yet AGAIN we have no ACTUAL alien encounter...
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

2x06 Trial And Error

Destiny warning Young through his dreams of being destroyed by alien attackers was interesting

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Well i knew something was up the second time it happened.  Also agree that Eli needs a friend and maybe she will become a member of the team.  I was kinda hoping that Young would step down just because it is getting tedious of him to not trusting anyone, maybe this will open him up some more.

Again, I don't think we will have any serious alien encounters, a glimpse, here and there.

The Greater Good

This was an okay episode.  I had such high hopes seeing and batteling aliens.  Glad everyone is in the loop about the "bridge" of the ship.

What's up with the Lucian Alliance guy....is he going to   hurt her or what??  That final scene was all menacing.

Reply 49#49 arksongbird80's post

I agree that it is good that Rush has been outed.  I liked that Eli got lucky   And hope that she doesn't get too messed up from the Lucien Alliance guy, maybe he is just trying to get the doctor to pass a message to his contacts

Reply 50#50 sanggye's post

This was good episode Eli smart see the recording but Rush helping Conal land on the ship showed some trust between them

Reply 51#51 bala's post

Eli was impressive the way he calculated the jump back to their ship and i didn't think the Colonel jumped early but nice catch by Rush

Malice

"what did you think you'd hear, Stairway to heaven". --eli

Wow, that lucien guy is crazier than a LOON!  

Supersad about Gen.   I was really enjoying her character and it opened so many things for Eli. Now eli is going to get depressed and i bet he won't work or do anything.  It's not like there's an abundance of Girls his age on the ship.

I"M REALLY ANNOYED WITH THIS!  

Reply 53#53 arksongbird80's post

Well i like Rush going all commando and hunting him down it's just  show you that you might be fantastic soldiers but no matter how good you are you can't fight off a stamped of animals.

Reply 53#53 arksongbird80's post

I agree about Eli, it kind of made me mad to have this happen.  Think it is a raw deal that the writers of these shows always make the misfits be the ones to suffer the most, and at the same time be the comic relief people and not take their characters seriously.  I don't think it will make him withdraw, in fact, I see him becoming buried into work, because withdrawing would leave only him thinking about her.

But of course, as the writers have shown before, the next episode, it could be all forgotten, and Eli will be again the clown, until they need him to be in pain again.

Reply 54#54 bala's post

Simeon has really gone psycho but how did he get such a great advantage so quickly and the soldier that got shot after shooting him made a big mistake by only wounding him but Rush finishing the job after the stampede was what he deserved

Reply 56#56 codebreaker's post

He killed his guard than move on quietly before anyone realised he has killed them only after Rush finds the body he was forced to go off world.

Visitation

Awful episode completely pointless

Reply 58#58 bala's post

I agree entirely!!!   What was the point in bringing back Dead people and why do we ALWAYS have to kill everyone!  ugh.  SG1 and Atlantis never had someone die *EVERY* episode except maybe the bad guys....

When's Cleo going to go all Alien. This waiting is annoying...

Reply 58#58 bala's post

It did seem pointless to bring the shuttle back for them to die again and did you recognize Val before she died

Reply 60#60 codebreaker's post

Val??  Who's that?

Reply 61#61 arksongbird80's post

She's from another show bala and i watch

Reply 62#62 codebreaker's post

I agree that the episode did not do much for the story, but it did make me realize the reason, that though I like the show, the where something about it that irked me.  This episode showed me what that is.

It is the fear and prejudice that a majority of the characters feel and exhibit, Greer and Young being the two main ones, but it is also show by many of the other crew members.  In the other Stargate franchises, I think a lot of the show dealt with overcoming that, starting with the first episode of SG-1, where Teal'c is befriended by O'Neill.  Daniel Jackson became Ascended, various of the main characters had been hosts by the Goa' uld and Tok'ra,  all the alien races encountered and befriended.  Teyla in Atlantis having Wraith genes, when first find out, people were nervous, but her friends stuck with her and everything became alright, but here in SGU, except for Scott, who is scared and nervous around Chloe, but is trying, all the others already assume that she is "evil"

This saddens me
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-27-2010 22:05  
It did seem pointless to bring the shuttle back for them to die again and did you recognize Val before she died
Actually no because i don't remember those character name.

Thread