Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

I watched it last night & LOVED it.  Here's my proof.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Definitely, but what a good premiere for the show.  Robert Carlyle as Dr. Rush is great - I can't tell what his agenda is.  Though the tone of this series is quite a bit darker than the other Stargate series', I think it's still hits the right chord.  I'm really interested to see how it continues - and in order to see some of the others who are listed as regular cast members, I'm assuming they'll have to use the communication stones.  That should prove interesting.  

I know this answer, but what is your take on when those flashes happen?  I'm a little bummed, because I hadn't sussed it out yet, and on InnerSPACE, a show on the Space channel, they were talking about it after the premiere aired, and the guy gave it away...saying it took him a little while to figure it out.  It wasn't exactly a spoiler, but it felt like one, which is why I was annoyed.

Reply 18#18 bala's post

They're the same stones they used on SG1.  I liked the episode - and that we got to see them using the stones, so we now know how those characters will be used in the series.   I also liked the start of character development.  Still not sure about Rush.  I can't tell if his agenda is good or bad, and I'm not sure if I like him or not.

Reply 20#20 kellemanske's post

I liked that too.  The lieutenant was pushing too much (physically, I mean).

Reply 29#29 gabsimom's post

I did catch that Tina.  I'm very curious as to what or who was in that ship and what it was doing on Destiny.  

@superhero
I recently saw the premiere episode for SG1 again and i was pretty corny.  Seeing as we've only seen 3 hours of the new series, I think they're doing a good job of introducing us to the characters & setting up the premise.  I imagine we'll see some aliens along the way.  After all, the ship seems to stop near planets with stargates, and there are bound to be aliens on some of those planets.

Reply 32#32 kellemanske's post

Yes, but I imagine that since they have the ability to stop at planets with stargates they will stop at more because the ship is still falling apart and they'll need more food & water besides things to repair the ship.

What I noticed in the new episode (I watch it on Space, so am not sure which one it was) was that they all have satin pillow cases.  Either the "ancients" had great taste or the military has vastly upgraded their bedding. LOL  Plus, Eli's duvet also looked satin.  Not particularly relevant to the storyline, but it amused me nonetheless.

I haven't read any of the above comments, as I haven't seen any of the new episodes.  I was only kind of liking the show.  Is it worth watching the 2nd half of the season?

Reply 105#105 bala's post

I'll probably take a look at it, but knowing that it's a bit slow paced, I'm in less of a hurry.  Thanks.

Thread