35 12
Thread
Printable Version

Friday Night Lights Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Friday Night Lights Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Expanding on the hit feature film "Friday Night Lights," this poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard. Dillon's promising high school team, its star quarterback, and newly appointed head coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler, "King Kong," "Grey's Anatomy") feel the mounting pressure of the town's pride and honor riding on their shoulders as a new football season kicks off.

The fresh cast also includes: Scott Porter ("The Bedford Diaries") as team captain and first-string quarterback Jason Street; Gaius Charles ("Book of Daniel") as feared running back Brian "Smash" Williams; Taylor Kitsch ("Kyle XY") as running back Tim Riggins; Connie Britton ("The Brothers McMullen," "24") as Taylor's supportive wife, Tami; Zach Gilford ("The Last Winter") as third-string quarterback Matt Saracen, and Minka Kelly ("What I Like About You") as Lyla Garrity, Panther cheerleader and Street's girlfriend.

Also starring are: Aimee Teegarden ("Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide") as Coach Taylor's daughter, Julie; Adrianne Palicki ("South Beach") as Tyra Collette, and Jesse Plemons ("Grey's Anatomy") as Landry Clarke.

Executive-produced by Peter Berg (the film "Friday Night Lights," "The Rundown") who also wrote and directed the pilot, Jason Katims ("Roswell"), Brian Grazer ("The Da Vinci Code," "Cinderella Man," "A Beautiful Mind"), David Nevins ("Arrested Development") and Sarah Aubrey ("Bad Santa," "The Kingdom"). "Friday Night Lights" is a production of Imagine Television, NBC Universal Television Studio and Film 44.

*Taken from nbc.com *

This show is pretty awesome and i love watching it, anyone else out there agree? I am sl glad that it has been added onto here! Yay....

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:24 ]

i'm not watching this

i'm going negative here-after watching first episode few months back i was unimpressed by this show-it was boring and i if your not a fan of American football this show isn't for you. i couldn't care less about football player who got injured. i wasted 45 minutes of my life with this episode

Reply #2 bala's post

well, i admit the first ep is hard to get thru but after the first few eps there is alot more about the people and not the football, and the football isnt as much as a focus as the initial few eps make it out to be.

Once the setting is set you learn alot more about the people and the stories begin to unfold....

I agree....as the show goes on, it's more about the people and it gets more interesting. I was bored with it at first also *shhh, don't tell anyone. I'm from Texas and I will be thrown out of the state if anyone finds out I said this LOL*
Football here is a religion....no joke.
Recent Ratings
  • xxkinksxx Points +2 For Fighting the Cause with me :) 7-10-2007 13:51

Reply #4 fadetopink's post

Lol i was always curious as to whether football was as big as it was made out in FNL so its nice to have it confirmed, and dont worry the secret is kinda safe... lol... I think that the next series will be good too, and i cant wait to see what happens, will the coach go or stay? i really dont want julie and saracen to be split up

It is a religion

I'm also from Texas.  I remember when the movie first came out and some of my out of state friends called to ask how much they exagerated.  The fact is they didn't.  I was a highschool football player and we were kings.  Currently in my home town the big shot hs football coach just took a job with UNT.  I thought it was funny that he mirrored the shows delima.

Sorry about the rant, Texas is the greatest state and our football is one of the reasons for that.  Can't wait for the next season.

I saw this on and off during the season and now I'm going back to try from the beginning.

I love this show, and it gets better and better with each episode, football is the theme but the relationships are what matte rin this show, some episodes dont even have a football game, or it is only at the end. I'm not that big of a football fan but the show hooked me. Very glad it got picked up for #2.

Friday Night Lights Season 2- Discussion (spoilers)

What did everyone think of season 2?

I was very happy overall, same great relationships and good begining storylines which I'm sure will continue, such as lyla being born again, and the new coach giving Tim such a hard time, but what was with landry and tyra killing someone???? What were the writers thinking???? And they got rid of the body, this cant go anywhere good.

Quote:
Originally posted by xxkinksxx at 7-2-2007 20:06  
well, i admit the first ep is hard to get thru but after the first few eps there is alot more about the people and not the football, and the football isnt as much as a focus as the initial few eps mak ...
Well since i have nothing watch today, i am going give this show another chance. the fact there are 4 seasons tell me there something about this show that people like. who knows i might end up enjoying it.  

Seen 4 Episodes now

Well I can't believe how loyal the girls are to the football player but it seem to me. It nice losing team to become winning team, i already figure out where the show i have a feeling that injured football player will make a come back. . i really like the personal story-lines behind characters.

It's Different for Girls

i really feel sorry for Lyla i know she did an awful thing but people are blow the situation out of proportion it's not like she was married- it was a high school relationship and they hardly ever last and everyone make her feel bad. she made a mistake people need to get over it. . I really feel bad for her

Reply 11#11 bala's post

Guess i spoke too soon now he has proposed to her even after she cheated on him he still willing to marry her-that misguided love if i ever saw it. Why do these high school kids think they know everything. Smash and the drug thing is risky move keeping it a secret but he will eventually come out and he will be in trouble.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-21-2010 08:41 ]

State

Well look like we come full circle at least the Lyla engagement is over. it was a good season

Reply 1#1 saphiredc's post

Well i thought it was good start to season it's going to be interesting to see how landry and tyra killing someone will affect them, that ruins the his love interest on her i suppose he could hold it over her head force her to be with him..

The Confession

Wow i can't believe Landry actually didn't go jail i really didn't expect a happy ending after he confess and it look like he made the right decision he really took a risk confessing but it all worked out. . I have feeling if his dad wasn't a cop he wouldn't  have been given any advice what he should of said . i can't believe i almost half way through this season.

Most of the story-line i can see coming a mile away but some of them really come out of nowhere Riggins roomate being a drug dealer i so glad he got away from him.

Who would thought Wheel-chair football player would actually have some interesting story-lines.

May the Best Man Win

Wow talk about a clif-hanger with jason .  This season has intresting guest-stars who now in one tree hill

FNL Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers are Included)

Well i have just finished season 3 now and what a season it has been, i wish i could discuss everything but so much to discuss i don't know where to start, i am glad Matt and Julie got back together i liked that. , I figured that by end of season 3 there would be a shake-up and look like great clif-hanger coach being forced to take job at East Dilion football rather Panthers and to make matter worse it's not even a proper football field.
Meeting Mat mother was a great story-line she seem to really help him out. J.D father is an awful man but they made the right call that caused him lose his job. It would have been too predictable if they won State championship again this season.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-24-2010 19:05 ]

FNL Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Well i only seen the first 4 episode of this seasons and i have to say i like the direction the show is going these East Dilon players are the underdogs and i can't wait to see how they going to win the state championship.

I notice this good season to watch the show even if you haven't seen pervious season it reset since most regular cast have disapperaed.

Thanksgiving (Season finale)

Well what a great way to end season as predicted Lions won the game and what a game it was. i can't believe Tim taking the fall for his brother, it's quite nice thing for him to do but he will now have criminal record. .

I have admit this season was rather intense I'm glad he decide add more African americans onto the show, it was risky move but paided off at the end.

35 12
Thread